The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Robbynice »

kajifu wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Arsenal XI: Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding, Nelson, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud.

Subs: Macey, Monreal, Willock, DaSilva, Iwobi, Nketiah, Akrpom.
I beg any link to watch this game?
So you open thread when you not watching the game?
I plan to bro...Haba...lol
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Arsenal XI: Ospina, Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding, Nelson, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud.

Subs: Macey, Monreal, Willock, DaSilva, Iwobi, Nketiah, Akrpom.
I beg any link to watch this game?
So you open thread when you not watching the game?
I plan to bro...Haba...lol
update it with your wally
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Meanwhile the OX has not won any game in a while.............

Hmm, interesting, i wonder if he is enjoying it as he thought we would.

Life is not easy sha, he probably will improve but at least he is finding out that life is not easy anywhere and certainly not easy at Liverpool.
Souness said when he leaves his comfort zone at Arsenal, he will exposed for what he truly is. He regrets he is at Liverpool.

For me, it is too early to judge the player and he is young.

But there can be no doubt he saw no future for himself at Arsenal with Reiss Nelson especially coming through the ranks.
How you take know?
If you are referring to the Souness bit.

Souness is a Liverpool legend and has made no bones about his feelings about the Ox from his Arsenal days. He was horrified when Liverpool signed him and has made his opinion clear on this matter.

On the Oxlade bit.

If you are Oxlade and you saw Reiss, you know your time is up because they both play the same positions and the Manager said, Reiss was going to play games for the senior the this season. Oxlade was effectively done because Reiss is far more talented than him and they would be competing for the same spot on the team. Just a simple analysis which IMHO saw Oxlade's aspirations to in any other outfield position apart from Right Wing Back taken away. Oxlade was never going to play Central Midfield at Arsenal, Wenger gave him opportunities in that position, he was a complete and utter flop.

I don't need to spell it out. You follow Arsenal, you understand Arsenal football, you should know.

Yeah all those fables from Waffi fall on it's face when they offered the man 180k to stay ... Smh at Waffis fables :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: So is this Reiss Nelson that i saw today better than OX?Thanks Uncle Aniks for been a true honest fan.Some one better than OX yet Wenger was trying to pay him 180k to stay.Hope Reiss turn out to be a better player since he is playing for us but even a blind coach will pick OX over this kid any day.Uncle waffi forget that OX wanted to leave and refused to sign a deal.If he says the guy is better than Walcrap i might agree.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^at the same stage in his career, yes. Not least highly regarded, but Nelson's stellar rise has many believing he could well be Beloved's trump card this season. Granted, Oxlade was offered 180K/week as a goodwill gesture, in somewhat apologetic fashion for, what was sure to be, a career basking in the shadows of Nelson. Then there's Maitland-Niles and Zelelem, Chamberlain was toast, beans on toast, mushrooms, two eggs sunny side up and a Cumberland sausage.

Some are of the opinion that the contract offer was a mere sleight of hand. Beloved had no intention to honour the offer and in fact, made the proposition only after confirming there would be no future in centre-mid and five years second fiddle to the aforementioned. No one saw it coming.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Waffiman wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Life is not easy sha, he probably will improve but at least he is finding out that life is not easy anywhere and certainly not easy at Liverpool.
Souness said when he leaves his comfort zone at Arsenal, he will exposed for what he truly is. He regrets he is at Liverpool.

But there can be no doubt he saw no future for himself at Arsenal with Reiss Nelson especially coming through the ranks.
How you take know?

Souness is a Liverpool legend and has made no bones about his feelings about the Ox from his Arsenal days. He was horrified when Liverpool signed him and has made his opinion clear on this matter.

On the Oxlade bit.

If you are Oxlade and you saw Reiss, you know your time is up because they both play the same positions and the Manager said, Reiss was going to play games for the senior the this season. Oxlade was effectively done because Reiss is far more talented than him and they would be competing for the same spot on the team. Just a simple analysis which IMHO saw Oxlade's aspirations to in any other outfield position apart from Right Wing Back taken away. Oxlade was never going to play Central Midfield at Arsenal, Wenger gave him opportunities in that position, he was a complete and utter flop.

I don't need to spell it out. You follow Arsenal, you understand Arsenal football, you should know.
In fairness I put what I was referring to in bold, but it doesn't really matter anyway. Don't really care
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

How you take know?

On the Oxlade bit.

Yeah all those fables from Waffi fall on it's face when they offered the man 180k to stay ... Smh at Waffis fables :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: So is this Reiss Nelson that i saw today better than OX?Thanks Uncle Aniks for been a true honest fan.Some one better than OX yet Wenger was trying to pay him 180k to stay.Hope Reiss turn out to be a better player since he is playing for us but even a blind coach will pick OX over this kid any day.Uncle waffi forget that OX wanted to leave and refused to sign a deal.If he says the guy is better than Walcrap i might agree.

Waffi will always be my guy but his fables are getting worse and worse :rotf: :rotf: the guy wan tell me say Ox ran away from the Emirates and more money because of Reiss Nelson :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You can't make up this kinda crapola but Waffi sure tries :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I thought it was only me that noticed the bad blood between Olivia and Alexis last night and even in prior seasons but apparently videos of them going after each other askew on social media along with some damning comments .

This one is on Wenger ... it's clear those two don't play well together ... yeah they might score the odd goal but Girouds lack of movement and space creation negatively affects Alexis' game
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:I thought it was only me that noticed the bad blood between Olivia and Alexis last night and even in prior seasons but apparently videos of them going after each other askew on social media along with some damning comments .

This one is on Wenger ... it's clear those two don't play well together ... yeah they might score the odd goal but Girouds lack of movement and space creation negatively affects Alexis' game
Sometime in the 2nd half i noticed Lex really urging Oli to join the pressing the rest of the team were involved in - it looked tense but the call was right on Lex's part & one wonders why Oli was that slow getting into position.
He was in a mood all night - whenever he starts a game waving arms looking for fouls & reluctant to get into battle - expect a passenger - the onus is on the
gaffer to bench those on that diva trip.
Rather unfortunate that Akpom who has size & pace isn't making any impressions.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Whilst i try to ignore transfer rumours at this point in the season by not reading the articles some names are persistently mentioned. 2 of those
are Lucas Moura & Juan Cuadrado. I tend to believe these stories are planted by agents but in analysing this 2 - Moura arrived @PSG Jan'13 almost 6months B4 Neymar arrived at Barca - his failure to make an impression cannot be underplayed - rumours that Monaco wanted him on loan this offseason came & past leaving one
to conclude he isn't highly rated. They've seen him play week -in, week-out.
Why would we want him at a time we need impact players with match winning mentality.
With Cuadrado, he'd opps with Chelsea, - --- Having failed at Chelsea, Salah's performances for Roma over several seasons deserved a punt. Cuadrado has played at wingback & as one of those playing off the striker with Juve - is he like Salah now stronger mentally enough to really mix it in the EPL!!???
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

How you take know?

On the Oxlade bit.

It's more than the skillset - Nelson's doing more at his age than Ox did - Oxlade's issues were mental, he lacked confidence - many fans last season elected to loudly support him cos they became aware of this. I suspect his dismal showing for Liverpool in recent days like totally bum corner kicks comes
from that mindset. We've to give Nelson space to grow - we did this with Gnabry being good enough to displace Theo - the kid went back home to Germany.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:Whilst i try to ignore transfer rumours at this point in the season by not reading the articles some names are persistently mentioned. 2 of those
are Julian Draxler & Juan Cuadrado. I tend to believe these stories are planted by agents but in analysing this 2 - Moura arrived @PSG Jan'13 almost 6months B4 Neymar arrived at Barca - his failure to make an impression cannot be underplayed - rumours that Monaco wanted him on loan this offseason came & past leaving one
Why would we want him at a time we need impact players with match winning mentality.
With Cuadrado, he'd opps with Chelsea, - --- Having failed at Chelsea, Salah's performances for Roma over several seasons deserved a punt. Cuadrado has played at wingback & as one of those playing off the striker with Juve - is he like Salah now stronger mentally enough to really mix it in the EPL!!???
fixed

You meant Draxler right?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

How you take know?

On the Oxlade bit.

It's more than the skillset - Nelson's doing more at his age than Ox did - Oxlade's issues were mental, he lacked confidence - many fans last season elected to loudly support him cos they became aware of this. I suspect his dismal showing for Liverpool in recent days like totally bum corner kicks comes
from that mindset. We've to give Nelson space to grow - we did this with Gnabry being good enough to displace Theo - the kid went back home to Germany.
What has he done more at his age than OX?You forget how young OX was when he control the MF against a well drill AC Millan in knock out stage put one of the best performance in that game?
Do you remember when Van Persie go after Wenger when the sub OX against Manu or Chelsea about 6 years ago?
I hope he turn out to be a better player since he play for us but to say he is even better than OX is rubbish.
I think Wenger that want him to stay and pay him 180k is not that too stupid if he think Nelson is a better player.
Dont give a dog bad name because its not your dog haba.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

How you take know?

On the Oxlade bit.

Waffi will always be my guy but his fables are getting worse and worse :rotf: :rotf: the guy wan tell me say Ox ran away from the Emirates and more money because of Reiss Nelson :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You can't make up this kinda crapola but Waffi sure tries :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
You know I got no time for unintelligent people who make a dunce of themselves cos they are not only ignorant, they are also stupid. Do not reduce yourself to that level cos you think you can score cheap points, leave that to fools who use prejudice for reason. :taunt: :taunt:

What position does Reiss play and what position did he play in this game?

How many times has Reiss played in the positions on he played last night?

Why is Wenger playing Reiss in that position and how many players in the past has he developed in this way?

I trust you know the answers to the above. You are an intelligent man and you know your football even if you do gave issues with players. :taunt: :taunt: You are not one to comment on something you do not understand. You are too clever and smart for that, unlike certain people here who I find ridiculous.

BTW! Do you remember Oxlade's debut as a RWB? It is generally agreed Reiss is already better than Ox if you compare like with like.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:I thought it was only me that noticed the bad blood between Olivia and Alexis last night and even in prior seasons but apparently videos of them going after each other askew on social media along with some damning comments .

You just noticed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Slow learner. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

I believe Wenger said many times, that Reiss need to learn the defensive side of the game as well.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Speaking to Off The Ball on Thursday night, former Republic of Ireland manager and captain John Giles was pretty sure why the team looked so strong and didn't capitulate to their London neighbors.

One of the reasons it didn't happen - There was no Ozil. There was no Chamberlain. There was no Walcott in the team.

I think they have been three of the main culprits of why Arsenal haven't done well. There was a good team spirit about them and a sense of purpose about them.

I know Chamberlain has gone to Liverpool now, but he played quite a while for Arsenal. Those three players have been the three main culprits in not having the sense of purpose, that they showed last weekend...

There was a team spirit about them and a will to do it. That's your starting point.

I don't think they ever had that will with Ozil playing as one of the main players, and Chamberlain, and Walcott for that matter.

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

anikulapo wrote:Speaking to Off The Ball on Thursday night, former Republic of Ireland manager and captain John Giles was pretty sure why the team looked so strong and didn't capitulate to their London neighbors.

One of the reasons it didn't happen - There was no Ozil. There was no Chamberlain. There was no Walcott in the team.

I think they have been three of the main culprits of why Arsenal haven't done well. There was a good team spirit about them and a sense of purpose about them.

I know Chamberlain has gone to Liverpool now, but he played quite a while for Arsenal. Those three players have been the three main culprits in not having the sense of purpose, that they showed last weekend...

There was a team spirit about them and a will to do it. That's your starting point.

I don't think they ever had that will with Ozil playing as one of the main players, and Chamberlain, and Walcott for that matter.
Aniks, you must be seeing Ozil in your dreams. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Speaking to Off The Ball on Thursday night, former Republic of Ireland manager and captain John Giles was pretty sure why the team looked so strong and didn't capitulate to their London neighbors.

Aniks, you must be seeing Ozil in your dreams. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Uncle why is everyone blaming this guys but not the dictator?Who pick the team at Liverpool or Stoke City?who sign those players?Who is one of the most piad manager in the game?
We can pretend all we want but truth be told it start and end with Wenger...
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:Whilst i try to ignore transfer rumours at this point in the season by not reading the articles some names are persistently mentioned. 2 of those
are Julian Draxler & Juan Cuadrado. I tend to believe these stories are planted by agents but in analysing this 2 - Moura arrived @PSG Jan'13 almost 6months B4 Neymar arrived at Barca - his failure to make an impression cannot be underplayed - rumours that Monaco wanted him on loan this offseason came & past leaving one
fixed

You meant Draxler right?
Moura has been mentioned more than the rest, that's why i suspect it's agent generated eventhough there're wishing it were true.
In the last international break, the loudest voice against Draxler coming to Arsenal was Joachim Löw - obviously with the player's consent - AW has always seen him as a RVP type - a good footballer he can convert to a striker. He adores Ozil but he looks on the outs - he's good friends with Kolašinac.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Kajifu:
Nelson is a standout in his age group for country & the hype as with most English kids by the media & us fans is unhealthy. Titi
who worked with those kids for a while rates him
Yes i remember a young Ox vs Milan, i remember him playing wide right @anfield tracking back to protect Jenkinson vs Sterling,
I remember him tracking back to help Hector shut down Neymar, I remember him b4 the last WC scoring for England vs Brazil.
I've also seen a kid who loses confidence very easily - i know his Pop's friend Wrighty was openly campaigning he get more mins last season eventhough Iwobi's form was the bomb.
He has to get that mental toughness - as for Nelson - he played the occasion rather than the match but he'll learn - a kid with the national media, most of the fans, ex-players hyping you - it can get real funky.
He's special but give kid time to grow
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:Kajifu:
Nelson is a standout in his age group for country & the hype as with most English kids by the media & us fans is unhealthy. Titi
who worked with those kids for a while rates him
Yes i remember a young Ox vs Milan, i remember him playing wide right @anfield tracking back to protect Jenkinson vs Sterling,
I remember him tracking back to help Hector shut down Neymar, I remember him b4 the last WC scoring for England vs Brazil.
I've also seen a kid who loses confidence very easily - i know his Pop's friend Wrighty was openly campaigning he get more mins last season eventhough Iwobi's form was the bomb.
He has to get that mental toughness - as for Nelson - he played the occasion rather than the match but he'll learn - a kid with the national media, most of the fans, ex-players hyping you - it can get real funky.
He's special but give kid time to grow
@Tolahs he is just 17 years old now i will give him a pass but what i know is he has not done anything at 17 years that we have not seen from OX at that same aged.OX at 17 was looking like a special player more than what we rate Nelson.My issue is with liars that OX run because he notice Nelson will bench him or what ever that liars was talking about.
OX was a player Wenger wanted to stay,offer 180k,he turn down Wenger offer and move to Liverpool and i hate when people come here to bash the boy because he has move on.Same lair was talking how it looks like only him and Uncle Aniks dont want the boy to go but his agent is asking more money.Both players were special at same age,no one can tell me he was special than OX at same age.How much did cheap Wenger paid for him at that time when Wenger has never paid more than 16 million since Arshavin move.Biko Nelson so far has not even done what OX did at same age.That is my point and to t ell those liars coming with fake news that its because of the kid OX move on.
You can't be reading such rubbish and accept it.December the kid will be 18 years let us see how he will do this season.
Rashford at his age we have seen what he can do and we know what age he start for Manu under LVG,when you are good you are good.
I hope you know Oxlade was Southampton biggest transfer record as a championship club was selling OX at 15 million for a 17 years old at that time.We are talking at 2011 when 15 million by Arsenal was consider big money for a club like Arsenal
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Any news about Monday game with West brom.?
It will be too much play monday,Thursday and Sunday haba.