The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

Looks like Wenger has refused to offer Wilshere a new contract. Wilshere will be walking at the end of the season. Ozil got a raise. Wilshere was asked to take a paycut. wow !!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bepanda wrote:Looks like Wenger has refused to offer Wilshere a new contract. Wilshere will be walking at the end of the season. Ozil got a raise. Wilshere was asked to take a paycut. wow !!!
To be fair to Wenger you have to consider their durability. Throughout their respective Arsenal careers how many games has Özil missed due to injuries compared to Wilshere?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

theYemster wrote:
bepanda wrote:Looks like Wenger has refused to offer Wilshere a new contract. Wilshere will be walking at the end of the season. Ozil got a raise. Wilshere was asked to take a paycut. wow !!!
To be fair to Wenger you have to consider their durability. Throughout their respective Arsenal careers how many games has Özil missed due to injuries compared to Wilshere?
Great alley-oop for the Mezut Ozil jokes.

On the Wishere thing, I think the club is right to take the position they are taking on Wilshere. Unfortunately he's just not healthy enough. It is what it is.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... lland.html

Oh Jacky Boy will it ever end smh
I mean it is a damn shame if you ask me...smdh
No we did not ask you! :sneaky: :sneaky: :veryangry:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

SylverEagles wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

no one has ever asked him :laugh: :sneaky:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
But why not sign him then sell him than let him go for free?Did not some say Wenger is paying Ozil 400k because they did not want him go for free and after world cup they will put him at the market since his wage is too high?
Any well I just want Wenger go after this season and a new manager come and take charge.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:

How many games has he been worth anything in????
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Gooner1 wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I am so bored.

Can't wait to see the boys back in action.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:I am so bored.

Kpom! That there is no action now is a damn shame if you ask me. But wetin small pikin like me know? Shaking my damn head.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gooner1 wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

But if you did ask me, I will let you know it is a damn shame... :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Kpom! That there is no action now is a damn shame if you ask me. But wetin small pikin like me know? Shaking my damn head.
I mean... :taunt: :twisted:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Una see Phantom Mezut versus Spain? That grass for stadium high sha :rotf: :rotf: who da Fack paid 400k per week for that zombie :rotf: :rotf: Oh arsenal :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Check out some old footage of ArsenalFanTV. Just to remind yourself ... what we are still aiming for.
And don't be deterred by Fox News ... We all want the "Messiah" gone by end of the season. His message no longer works.. Arsenal needs new blood.
Bepanda
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:

How many games has he been worth anything in????
That's a different matter entirely. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

bepanda wrote:Check out some old footage of ArsenalFanTV. Just to remind yourself ... what we are still aiming for.
And don't be deterred by Fox News ... We all want the "Messiah" gone by end of the season. His message no longer works.. Arsenal needs new blood.
Bepanda
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
I don't watch that rubbish.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

You are missing out on a lot. It is the most entertaining channel on the internet. CE needs a channel on youtube.
Wouldn't you want your interview immortalized after Nigeria wins the WC in Russia?
Bepanda
Nkume wrote:
bepanda wrote:Check out some old footage of ArsenalFanTV. Just to remind yourself ... what we are still aiming for.
Bepanda
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
I don't watch that rubbish.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Ozil has missed lots of games as well. I mean ... like physically missed. Let's not even count the ones, where he is only present as a ghost.
I have to agree however, that Wilshere hasn't really progressed much. When Wilshere leaves, and Ramsey leaves next, the British core would have been dismantled with no EPL title.
What a shame.
Bepanda
theYemster wrote:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Makings of CLICKBAIT:

Munich - Bayern has apparently suffered a setback in the search for a new coach. According to concurring reports, Thomas Tuchel has canceled......soon to be announced, which club Tuchel trained next. A hot candidate is likely to be the Arsenal , with whom he has already negotiated......

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesli ... eynckes-ab
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

They conveniently forget Sven Mislintat left Dortmund cos he fell out with Tuchel....& for all the praises about dude, Dortmund's defense under him was pants...seems to me the German press are doing what the Dutch used to do, sell their coaches to top clubs worldwide - suspicious tale though. I don't see Gooners dancing with this geezer.
---------------------------
On another note, we ain't gotta beat up on Ozil to justify Ramsey,Wilshire & co pay packets - those cats wants sick pay rises eventhough the club has more data on their performances than Ozil. If Ramsey puts in 75% of the performances he did in Ozil's 1st season Real Madrid will be knocking. These dudes want pay based on potential.
Jack & his agent have resorted to politics - bringing AW's name into it & mixing with the greats of ArsenalfanTV - dawg, it's about that pitch - agents of both players fuel rumours of clubs waiting to sign - common now - even on free, their wage demands given their injury records is problematic
Huss Fahmy seems to want to bring in a culture of incentives & bonuses - he should be applauded & encouraged.

Sami Mokbel’s sources say Huss Fahmy will not offer Ramsey and Welbeck significant pay rise to convince them to stay at #AFC.
Cross: New contracts chief Huss Fahmy is gaining a reputation as a no-nonsense operator and is refusing to budge an inch in negotiations with the JW's camp

-----------------------------------------------------
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Ozil has missed lots of games as well. I mean ... like physically missed. Let's not even count the ones, where he is only present as a ghost.
I have to agree however, that Wilshere hasn't really progressed much. When Wilshere leaves, and Ramsey leaves next, the British core would have been dismantled with no EPL title.
What a shame.
Bepanda
theYemster wrote:
The British core were given all the chances in the world to achieve - it ain't happened - they continually want elite pay rises - Huss Fahmy just wants players to sign contracts with incentives & bonuses - great business practice but the agents of these cats are playing weak games - over the yrs, we've paid handsomely for mediocrity!!! Liking Huss.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:Makings of CLICKBAIT:

Munich - Bayern has apparently suffered a setback in the search for a new coach. According to concurring reports, Thomas Tuchel has canceled......soon to be announced, which club Tuchel trained next. A hot candidate is likely to be the Arsenal , with whom he has already negotiated......

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesli ... eynckes-ab
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

They conveniently forget Sven Mislintat left Dortmund cos he fell out with Tuchel....& for all the praises about dude, Dortmund's defense under him was pants...seems to me the German press are doing what the Dutch used to do, sell their coaches to top clubs worldwide - suspicious tale though. I don't see Gooners dancing with this geezer.
---------------------------
On another note, we ain't gotta beat up on Ozil to justify Ramsey,Wilshire & co pay packets - those cats wants sick pay rises eventhough the club has more data on their performances than Ozil. If Ramsey puts in 75% of the performances he did in Ozil's 1st season Real Madrid will be knocking. These dudes want pay based on potential.
Jack & his agent have resorted to politics - bringing AW's name into it & mixing with the greats of ArsenalfanTV - dawg, it's about that pitch - agents of both players fuel rumours of clubs waiting to sign - common now - even on free, their wage demands given their injury records is problematic
Huss Fahmy seems to want to bring in a culture of incentives & bonuses - he should be applauded & encouraged.

Sami Mokbel’s sources say Huss Fahmy will not offer Ramsey and Welbeck significant pay rise to convince them to stay at #AFC.
Cross: New contracts chief Huss Fahmy is gaining a reputation as a no-nonsense operator and is refusing to budge an inch in negotiations with the JW's camp

-----------------------------------------------------

Oh please what garbage are you spewing .... a negotiator who gave an overrated twat that no one in Europe wanted a 400k per week contract is nor worth mentioning at all

MLK.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

German media reports Tuchel to Arsenal AS well
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kofi86 wrote:German media reports Tuchel to Arsenal AS well
How good is He?
Wenger might not step down unless sacked and if we win Europa as expected, then I doubt he will step down .