The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Skylolo »

tolahs wrote:I expect the usual blasting of Ozil and some others - we went to Chelsea with most of the guys we started with today - compressed the pitch, pressed the ball - separated
their striker from their midfield - we go to Watford & give them time on the ball - they caught a rhythm & got confident - totally useless game plan - proactive at Chelsea but reactive at Watford - weird.
Tbh it was going well until (though I felt we should have injected more urgency into our attacking play to be further in the lead) until injuries and the referee struck.

We then tired and had had no out-ball. Despite all this Arsenal had 2 good chances to win the game from Iwobi and Ozil.

The one major issue I have with the way AW is managing games right now is the subbing off of Lacazette for Giroud. Lacazette does not have to come off, I have rarely seen us play better going forward this season when he exits the pitch.
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We getting majorly dissed

Troy Deeney - "Arsenal dont have nuts"
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

'I feel he (Ozil) was at fault for the late goal conceded,' the former Arsenal defender told BT Sport.
'I don't know whether there is a future for him now in this Arsenal team and I know it looks like I'm coming for him all the time but he really should have finished the game off.”

'That should be game over, Arsenal have won the game. People might think i'm coming for him but you've got to be clinical in those situations. Is he really bothered there?

'He's just missed an opportunity to win the game for Arsenal and everything that happens afterwards wouldn't have happened. I don't know if he cares enough or not but he's certainly not ruthless enough.
'There's only one outcome isn't there? When it comes to January surely Ozil will be gone.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4vWMiaWsl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4vWMAvsG5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Martin Keown :thumb: :thumb: Do you remember how Henry was savaged here when he spoke from the heart about Ozil? I guess he knows nada either :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote:I expect the usual blasting of Ozil and some others - we went to Chelsea with most of the guys we started with today - compressed the pitch, pressed the ball - separated
their striker from their midfield - we go to Watford & give them time on the ball - they caught a rhythm & got confident - totally useless game plan - proactive at Chelsea but reactive at Watford - weird.
Tbh it was going well until (though I felt we should have injected more urgency into our attacking play to be further in the lead) until injuries and the referee struck.

We then tired and had had no out-ball. Despite all this Arsenal had 2 good chances to win the game from Iwobi and Ozil.

The one major issue I have with the way AW is managing games right now is the subbing off of Lacazette for Giroud. Lacazette does not have to come off, I have rarely seen us play better going forward this season when he exits the pitch.
B4 the match I am on here & elsewhere as saying use the Chelsea away gameplan.
How do you or any Gooner explain Cleverly having a better game against us than N'Golo Kanté Cesc combined.
Morata, Willian would be wondering how Watford has so much joy - in laying off & not pressing like @stamfordbridge we were conceding territory & putting pressure on our backline.
Go watch our defensive discipline(starting from the front 3 vs Chelsea to our lack of today) - we missed a huge opp!!!

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wow what a clown :lol:
The pettiness of a drunkard - how is Uncle/mentor Trump feeling???

So you've gone from drunkenness to madness :rotf: :rotf: Trump??? Are you a mad dog :mrgreen:
Your obsession with Ozil is upthere with Uncle Trump's thing about Obama. Makes no sense.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

So you've gone from drunkenness to madness :rotf: :rotf: Trump??? Are you a mad dog :mrgreen:
Your obsession with Ozil is upthere with Uncle Trump's thing about Obama. Makes no sense.

Even simple analogy you no fit do ... homie stick to table soccer and dish washing
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

This really needs to go into the CE archives. Who hans't had enough?

[/video]
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Skylolo wrote:

I'm sure Lacazette is even tired of this crap himself. No.matter how well he plays, he gets subbed every game for Giroud. It's like clockwork.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Even simple analogy you no fit do ... homie stick to table soccer and dish washing
Meguard with an accent - your digressive methods right out of Trump's playbook. You've to be ashamed with your OTT acrobatics about Ozil - your arguments(about dude, if that's what it's) has long lost any potency.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Cally wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

I'm sure Lacazette is even tired of this crap himself. No.matter how well he plays, he gets subbed every game for Giroud. It's like clockwork.
His subs often reflect a need to calm grumbling players about playing time than tactical adjustments - it's a huge flaw.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Sanchez and Ramsey, should have been in the team. AW is patronising big name players
Perhaps that was among the reasons for which he omitted two players who suffered emotional and physical ordeals while on international duty, with Alexis Sánchez and Aaron Ramsey not even among substitutes here in the wake of their countries’ midweek eliminations from the World Cup.
Emotional and physical ordeals while on international duty? Were they fighting in a war zone?

Mesut Özil, by contrast, was included, but not in the starting lineup because Wenger prioritised solidity...The German did not play in last month’s honourable 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge, which was Arsenal’s first away league match since August’s humiliation at Anfield, in which the midfielder flopped. Vicarage Road would be no place for idealists.

So a player who cost over 40 million four years ago and is on 200k+ a week, is not up to playing at Watford?
They are professionals playing a game, should have been in the squad unless they are injured.

We all know how Ozil plays, its no secret. Arsenal should have built a team that can compensate for him playing.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

realtrouble wrote:Sanchez and Ramsey, should have been in the team. AW is patronising big name players
Perhaps that was among the reasons for which he omitted two players who suffered emotional and physical ordeals while on international duty, with Alexis Sánchez and Aaron Ramsey not even among substitutes here in the wake of their countries’ midweek eliminations from the World Cup.
Emotional and physical ordeals while on international duty? Were they fighting in a war zone?

Mesut Özil, by contrast, was included, but not in the starting lineup because Wenger prioritised solidity...The German did not play in last month’s honourable 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge, which was Arsenal’s first away league match since August’s humiliation at Anfield, in which the midfielder flopped. Vicarage Road would be no place for idealists.

So a player who cost over 40 million four years ago and is on 200k+ a week, is not up to playing at Watford?
They are professionals playing a game, should have been in the squad unless they are injured.

We all know how Ozil plays, its no secret. Arsenal should have built a team that can compensate for him playing.

Woow.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

[/video]
Deeney told BT Sport: "I've heard Wenger's already blaming [the penalty] as the reason for why they lost. Well, I'm not going to be one to tell Mr Wenger about himself, but there's a reason that they lost and it wasn't because of one penalty.

"I have to watch what I say, but it's [having] a bit of cojones, is what I'll say. Whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think 'let me whack the first one and see who wants it'.

"I came on today and jumped up with Mertesacker - I didn't even have to jump, actually - I nodded it down, the crowd gets up, 'yeah we've got somebody who can win it', and they all just backed off.

"For me as a player, I just think 'happy days'. That's my strength - if you're going to let me do my strength against you, you're going to have a tough afternoon."

Deeney also suggested that Ozil's gilt-edged miss before Watford's penalty was a "naive" piece of finishing, while former Arsenal defender Martin Keown admitted his "blood would be boiling" if he was a current Gunners player listening to Deeney's assessment.

Deeney freely admitted that while he is not as talented as some of Arsenal's stars, they lost themselves in a physical battle with the strong forward.

"I just think personally there's an element of that being an equaliser for me," he added. "I know I'm not technically gifted like they are, not as quick, but if you want to fight with me, I'm gonna beat you all day.

"If you want to come into my world and do that, you can do that, but you've got to be at a level where your excellence of keeping the ball, being fast and getting in the right positions are all 10/10 because my equaliser is I'm big, strong, and I do all the ugly stuff you don't wanna do, and I'm going to make it horrible for you."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 58896.html
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

realtrouble wrote:[/video]
Deeney told BT Sport: "I've heard Wenger's already blaming [the penalty] as the reason for why they lost. Well, I'm not going to be one to tell Mr Wenger about himself, but there's a reason that they lost and it wasn't because of one penalty.

"I have to watch what I say, but it's [having] a bit of cojones, is what I'll say. Whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think 'let me whack the first one and see who wants it'.

"I came on today and jumped up with Mertesacker - I didn't even have to jump, actually - I nodded it down, the crowd gets up, 'yeah we've got somebody who can win it', and they all just backed off.

"For me as a player, I just think 'happy days'. That's my strength - if you're going to let me do my strength against you, you're going to have a tough afternoon."

Deeney also suggested that Ozil's gilt-edged miss before Watford's penalty was a "naive" piece of finishing, while former Arsenal defender Martin Keown admitted his "blood would be boiling" if he was a current Gunners player listening to Deeney's assessment.

Deeney freely admitted that while he is not as talented as some of Arsenal's stars, they lost themselves in a physical battle with the strong forward.

"I just think personally there's an element of that being an equaliser for me," he added. "I know I'm not technically gifted like they are, not as quick, but if you want to fight with me, I'm gonna beat you all day.

"If you want to come into my world and do that, you can do that, but you've got to be at a level where your excellence of keeping the ball, being fast and getting in the right positions are all 10/10 because my equaliser is I'm big, strong, and I do all the ugly stuff you don't wanna do, and I'm going to make it horrible for you."

Did not this same guy last season laugh at beloved?Did not he say Ramsey bundle it and some fools here say he is arrogant and should not talk to a fellow professional like that?Guess what he has done so again back to back.Hope his next trip at emirate he will regret it but again who is there to stand up to him ?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

kajifu wrote:

Did not this same guy last season laugh at beloved?Did not he say Ramsey bundle it and some fools here say he is arrogant and should not talk to a fellow professional like that?Guess what he has done so again back to back.Hope his next trip at emirate he will regret it but again who is there to stand up to him ?
Empty drums make most noise. Let him enjoy his 5 minutes of fame while it lasts. Where has he been all these while Arsenal was whooping his team home and away. Why doesn't he wait for his team to finish above Arsenal before gloating.
Reminds me of the so called pundits who seem to know it all on tv but subsequently shy away from coaching where the real action is.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Meanwhile, Happy Birthday Mesut Ozil.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Empty drums make most noise. Let him enjoy his 5 minutes of fame while it lasts. Where has he been all these while Arsenal was whooping his team home and away. Why doesn't he wait for his team to finish above Arsenal before gloating.
Reminds me of the so called pundits who seem to know it all on tv but subsequently shy away from coaching where the real action is.
5 mins of fame and 3 crucial points.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:

5 mins of fame and 3 crucial points.
Yes with 90 more points to fight for and a return leg in Emirates for that matter. An average player for that matter too by his own admission.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:

This is the reason you are a failure and why you support s failed team. Your opponent is telling you how he defeats you and rather than say "hmm thanks! Let me think about how to change in order that I can defeat him next time," you get angry and try to mock him! That's the sign of a failure who will never defeat his opponent! Continue to insult Deeney, while he does the exact same thing to you again.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:

This is the reason you are a failure and why you support s failed team. Your opponent is telling you how he defeats you and rather than say "hmm thanks! Let me think about how to change in order that I can defeat him next time," you get angry and try to mock him! That's the sign of a failure who will never defeat his opponent! Continue to insult Deeney, while he does the exact same thing to you again.
Why even bother as if this is the first time Watford beat my Arsenal.The guy last time he said Arsenal players are weak and Ramsey is airhead and bundle it.Yesterday he goes and show how weak we are.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Did he lie?We all hurt about t he result but he knows Arsenal more than me and you that are fans,he actually play against us and what he said is the gospel truth.Can you name me one of our player that can stand up to him physically?
Did not he say the same thing last season?
2 years ago Ashley William was ask the CF he like to face he name Giroud,can you actually blame him?He said Giroud doesnt give him too much trouble but very good with his head.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

kajifu wrote:
azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Did he lie?We all hurt about t he result but he knows Arsenal more than me and you that are fans,he actually play against us and what he said is the gospel truth.Can you name me one of our player that can stand up to him physically?
Did not he say the same thing last season?
2 years ago Ashley William was ask the CF he like to face he name Giroud,can you actually blame him?He said Giroud doesnt give him too much trouble but very good with his head.
No he doesn't know Arsenal than you and I. He's just enjoying the moment and i don't fault him for that.

I guess he said the same thing on January 31st, 2017 when Watford beat Arsenal 2-1 right?

So please remind us what he said on the following dates:

1. August 26th 2016: Watford 1-3 Arsenal.
2. October 4 2015: Watford 0 Arsenal 3
3. April 2 2016: Arsenal 4 Watford 0

These are just the EPL results from Watford recent sojourn in the Premiership.
And now because we lost to a team who is more of a candidate of relegation you guys have decided to take the words of its star player as gospel truth. It's because of results like this, forgetting the referees errors in this particular game, that it is called the beautiful game. Sh*t happens and when it does, you brush up, stand up and move on. But please don't take his word as anything more than that of one enjoying "5 mins of fame". I don't need people like him to tell me what's wrong with my team. I am not blind.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Part of the problem we now have going forward is since Arsene's style of play isn't defense-friendly i.e. midfield shield for the backline - we've problems - Kos is injured again - i for one ain't liking how that story's playing out - it's looking all Santi to me(verge of write off) - you also have a Welbeck situation - that to me has to be totally_Santi. Both Kos & Danny want to manage their bodies in hopes of making their WC squads .
No pace at all in our backline - physical geezer Gabriel is off -
On the striker front - Giroud is all shemale_diva cos he wants to be no.1 for his country regardless of the tactical needs of the club - we're not getting leaks on his near move to Everton plus when he comes in - he ain't showing the commitment - we've the added problem that the likes of Akpom have regressed.
In the next 6 odd weeks - we'll have to adapt else lots of gooners will be spending serious Liquor cash.