The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Coach »

In days of old, Didier Drogba would do the Harvey Weinstein with our centre-halves, come rain or shine. No condom. Ask them. What's new pussycat, woah oo woah, woah. T'is the Wengerian way, a bit of flex upfront and the backline offers up their oochie wally like a flock of gold digging vixens on a Queensbridge video set. They don't want it. Never have. In the words of the cataracted Carribean sipping Guinness punch in Rowan's bowling alley, watching Beloved tip drill, "puuuuuuuuussy'ols". Front to back. Side to side.

But their goals were both illegal. Imagine.
Last edited by Coach on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:
azuka wrote:
kajifu wrote:
realtrouble wrote:[/video]
Deeney told BT Sport: "I've heard Wenger's already blaming [the penalty] as the reason for why they lost. Well, I'm not going to be one to tell Mr Wenger about himself, but there's a reason that they lost and it wasn't because of one penalty.

"I have to watch what I say, but it's [having] a bit of cojones, is what I'll say. Whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think 'let me whack the first one and see who wants it'.

"I came on today and jumped up with Mertesacker - I didn't even have to jump, actually - I nodded it down, the crowd gets up, 'yeah we've got somebody who can win it', and they all just backed off.

"For me as a player, I just think 'happy days'. That's my strength - if you're going to let me do my strength against you, you're going to have a tough afternoon."

Deeney also suggested that Ozil's gilt-edged miss before Watford's penalty was a "naive" piece of finishing, while former Arsenal defender Martin Keown admitted his "blood would be boiling" if he was a current Gunners player listening to Deeney's assessment.

Deeney freely admitted that while he is not as talented as some of Arsenal's stars, they lost themselves in a physical battle with the strong forward.

"I just think personally there's an element of that being an equaliser for me," he added. "I know I'm not technically gifted like they are, not as quick, but if you want to fight with me, I'm gonna beat you all day.

"If you want to come into my world and do that, you can do that, but you've got to be at a level where your excellence of keeping the ball, being fast and getting in the right positions are all 10/10 because my equaliser is I'm big, strong, and I do all the ugly stuff you don't wanna do, and I'm going to make it horrible for you."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 58896.html
Did not this same guy last season laugh at beloved?Did not he say Ramsey bundle it and some fools here say he is arrogant and should not talk to a fellow professional like that?Guess what he has done so again back to back.Hope his next trip at emirate he will regret it but again who is there to stand up to him ?
Empty drums make most noise. Let him enjoy his 5 minutes of fame while it lasts. Where has he been all these while Arsenal was whooping his team home and away. Why doesn't he wait for his team to finish above Arsenal before gloating.
Reminds me of the so called pundits who seem to know it all on tv but subsequently shy away from coaching where the real action is.
Did he lie?We all hurt about t he result but he knows Arsenal more than me and you that are fans,he actually play against us and what he said is the gospel truth.Can you name me one of our player that can stand up to him physically?
Did not he say the same thing last season?
2 years ago Ashley William was ask the CF he like to face he name Giroud,can you actually blame him?He said Giroud doesnt give him too much trouble but very good with his head.
No he doesn't know Arsenal than you and I. He's just enjoying the moment and i don't fault him for that.

I guess he said the same thing on January 31st, 2017 when Watford beat Arsenal 2-1 right?

So please remind us what he said on the following dates:

1. August 26th 2016: Watford 1-3 Arsenal.
2. October 4 2015: Watford 0 Arsenal 3
3. April 2 2016: Arsenal 4 Watford 0

These are just the EPL results from Watford recent sojourn in the Premiership.
And now because we lost to a team who is more of a candidate of relegation you guys have decided to take the words of its star player as gospel truth. It's because of results like this, forgetting the referees errors in this particular game, that it is called the beautiful game. Sh*t happens and when it does, you brush up, stand up and move on. But please don't take his word as anything more than that of one enjoying "5 mins of fame". I don't need people like him to tell me what's wrong with my team. I am not blind.
His son is a gooner - he has always thrown shade at us. I've seen clips in the past, maybe last yr where strong teams in the league were being discussed & when Arsenal came up he sarcastically called a top 4 team.
Besides, about 2 yrs ago or so there was a strong rumour that we wanted him - may've been agent driven but it was there.
Like keown said, hope the players see the tape - we've a reputation that goes back - only us can change that whatever we think of who says it.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

tolahs wrote:Part of the problem we now have going forward is since Arsene's style of play isn't defense-friendly i.e. midfield shield for the backline - we've problems - Kos is injured again - i for one ain't liking how that story's playing out - it's looking all Santi to me(verge of write off) - you also have a Welbeck situation - that to me has to be totally_Santi. Both Kos & Danny want to manage their bodies in hopes of making their WC squads .
No pace at all in our backline - physical geezer Gabriel is off -
On the striker front - Giroud is all shemale_diva cos he wants to be no.1 for his country regardless of the tactical needs of the club - we're not getting leaks on his near move to Everton plus when he comes in - he ain't showing the commitment - we've the added problem that the likes of Akpom have regressed.
In the next 6 odd weeks - we'll have to adapt else lots of gooners will be spending serious Liquor cash.
It's not about being defence-friendly, it's simply the fact AW has refused to sign players such as Gilberto, Edu, that fluffy-haired french player that later played for Chelsea and Barca. These are the type of players his most successful teams were built on. His attempts so far to get such players have either failed or he has for whatever reason allow players of similar capability to slip off and sign for rival teams due to his inaction.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

What exactly did Lacazette bring to the game against Watford? NOTHING ... Let's just be honest, he hasn't look any better than Giroud.
And Giroud has EARNED the right to get minutes, no matter how some people on this forum hate him.
Giroud has come in many times and given Arsenal valuable goals.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
Cally wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote:I expect the usual blasting of Ozil and some others - we went to Chelsea with most of the guys we started with today - compressed the pitch, pressed the ball - separated
their striker from their midfield - we go to Watford & give them time on the ball - they caught a rhythm & got confident - totally useless game plan - proactive at Chelsea but reactive at Watford - weird.
Tbh it was going well until (though I felt we should have injected more urgency into our attacking play to be further in the lead) until injuries and the referee struck.
We then tired and had had no out-ball. Despite all this Arsenal had 2 good chances to win the game from Iwobi and Ozil.
The one major issue I have with the way AW is managing games right now is the subbing off of Lacazette for Giroud. Lacazette does not have to come off, I have rarely seen us play better going forward this season when he exits the pitch.
I'm sure Lacazette is even tired of this crap himself. No.matter how well he plays, he gets subbed every game for Giroud. It's like clockwork.
His subs often reflect a need to calm grumbling players about playing time than tactical adjustments - it's a huge flaw.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I think Deeney is an Arsenal fan. It is left to the Arsenal players to feel the sting and react. We should have been 3 up before the penalty. Bellerin should have scored. Ozil should have scored. Gomes made a Great save on Iwobi.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Do we have any Europa League games midweek, so that we can beat up on some teams from the Balkan and feel good about ourselves?
I mean ... we really need some positive news ... This EPL thing is so depressing.
Bepanda
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:Part of the problem we now have going forward is since Arsene's style of play isn't defense-friendly i.e. midfield shield for the backline - we've problems - Kos is injured again - i for one ain't liking how that story's playing out - it's looking all Santi to me(verge of write off) - you also have a Welbeck situation - that to me has to be totally_Santi. Both Kos & Danny want to manage their bodies in hopes of making their WC squads .
On the striker front - Giroud is all shemale_diva cos he wants to be no.1 for his country regardless of the tactical needs of the club - we're not getting leaks on his near move to Everton plus when he comes in - he ain't showing the commitment - we've the added problem that the likes of Akpom have regressed.
In the next 6 odd weeks - we'll have to adapt else lots of gooners will be spending serious Liquor cash.
It's not about being defence-friendly, it's simply the fact AW has refused to sign players such as Gilberto, Edu, that fluffy-haired french player that later played for Chelsea and Barca. These are the type of players his most successful teams were built on. His attempts so far to get such players have either failed or he has for whatever reason allow players of similar capability to slip off and sign for rival teams due to his inaction.
You've to understand the context in which AW not being defense friendly came about. Several yrs ago, i was listening to a French Football journo discuss(radio) AW & the continuing unreliable defenses we seem to have. The reporter talked at length about convos he'd with Sébastien Squillaci - prior to coming to N.london, he's been with well respected Lyon & Sevilla - he came with a great reputation but he was a major bust with us.
Squillaci spoke about the loose defensive tactics they had & lack of help from the team most of the time - he was refering to help out defense, we tend to leave our defenders on one-on-ones longer than most of our rivals.
I've maintained for a longtime Gerard Piqué & JT would've struggled under those playing philosophies.
Per Mertesacker's best games have come with us being very compact with a decent pressing game - he's shielded & can screen for fun - it becomes a positional game for him.
On the type of players we need - i strongly believe you get a system that works for you & roll from there - we recently went to Stamford Bridge & suffocated a decent offensive line with this team - i also believe on seeing how we danced, Pep took notes & went to the Bridge with more aggression
You refer to Petit & Veira, later Gilberto - for a minute a young Flamini & Lassana Diarra.
AW had a believe that we win the ball and control the game - midfielders played in that zone in front of the backline - he's abandoned it - he totally wants to play w/o a destructive player - so when Coq lost form, he was thrown to the Wolves.AW wants a Deep Lying midfielder who really performs as box_2_box player.It's suicidal but he stays with the Ray Charles option
On the sort of players you acquire - remember when Alexis 1st joined us, he would often go pressing alone -imagine if we had a frontline of ball pressers - what i am saying is the new players can only flourish in systems that are compatible with their skillset. Not just with us
Mascherano couldn't get off the bench at W.Ham - he goes to Liverpool - Barca shows up.
Filipe Luís comes from an awesome defensive unit at Athletico Madrid to Chelsea - he would've been better being a ballboy - went back to Athletico.
I don't know if Virgil van Dijk flourishes with this Arsene - AW sees the presence of 3 central defenders on the pitch as an excuse to do away with a DM - that's tactically reckless - it's a stubborn trait banking on lottery winning probabilities to succeed - we're 8 games in - 9pts behind & not in the discussion in the G.D. column.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
You've to understand the context in which AW not being defense friendly came about. Several yrs ago, i was listening to a French Football journo discuss(radio) AW & the continuing unreliable defenses we seem to have. The reporter talked at length about convos he'd with Sébastien Squillaci - prior to coming to N.london, he's been with well respected Lyon & Sevilla - he came with a great reputation but he was a major bust with us.
Squillaci spoke about the loose defensive tactics they had & lack of help from the team most of the time - he was refering to help out defense, we tend to leave our defenders on one-on-ones longer than most of our rivals.
I've maintained for a longtime Gerard Piqué & JT would've struggled under those playing philosophies.
Per Mertesacker's best games have come with us being very compact with a decent pressing game - he's shielded & can screen for fun - it becomes a positional game for him.
On the type of players we need - i strongly believe you get a system that works for you & roll from there - we recently went to Stamford Bridge & suffocated a decent offensive line with this team - i also believe on seeing how we danced, Pep took notes & went to the Bridge with more aggression
You refer to Petit & Veira, later Gilberto - for a minute a young Flamini & Lassana Diarra.
AW had a believe that we win the ball and control the game - midfielders played in that zone in front of the backline - he's abandoned it - he totally wants to play w/o a destructive player - so when Coq lost form, he was thrown to the Wolves.AW wants a Deep Lying midfielder who really performs as box_2_box player.It's suicidal but he stays with the Ray Charles option
On the sort of players you acquire - remember when Alexis 1st joined us, he would often go pressing alone -imagine if we had a frontline of ball pressers - what i am saying is the new players can only flourish in systems that are compatible with their skillset. Not just with us
Mascherano couldn't get off the bench at W.Ham - he goes to Liverpool - Barca shows up.
Filipe Luís comes from an awesome defensive unit at Athletico Madrid to Chelsea - he would've been better being a ballboy - went back to Athletico.
I don't know if Virgil van Dijk flourishes with this Arsene - AW sees the presence of 3 central defenders on the pitch as an excuse to do away with a DM - that's tactically reckless - it's a stubborn trait banking on lottery winning probabilities to succeed - we're 8 games in - 9pts behind & not in the discussion in the G.D. column.
Honestly you said it all. But let me add that the guys are mentioned above are guys who are positional disciplined. And this is what has been missing in our team. See the match against Chelsea, for once we see a Ramsey and Xhaka being positionally disciplined and aware of their surroundings. Now compare that with the match against Watford where Xhaka and Elneny each they they have some elements of Messi in then.
This team as it is can go places if only the players selected for any given match remember they are all important parts of the team with specifically assigned tasks.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Preach Martin Keown....PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eeney.html
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The same El Neny they were crying for weeks back. Now it's, why didn't he play the artist formerly known as Lil Prince, no longer My Son, Wilshere. Had Jack started, the chorus would be that condemning the inclusion of a walking sick note who hasn't done anything with a ball for over a year. That Jack is still on two legs and not hobbling to physio, is above expectation. His return must be molly-coddled and as ginger as Ed Sheeran.

As a matter of fact, the fact of the matter is, money is no longer an issue (Puma deal)...till the season starts and the ocean flows between Beloved and the pace setters, then it's, we can't compete against the financially doped Manchester Gatlins. 100 million+ bid for Mbappe, 90 odd for Lemar, both with as much conviction as Titus "Bill Cosby" Bramble. T'is all a game brethren, they're laughing at the fickle fools ploughing their pennies into the greatest Yahoozie ever seen. And for what?

And it's sure to get worse once the King is gone. Long live the King.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
Honestly you said it all. But let me add that the guys are mentioned above are guys who are positional disciplined. And this is what has been missing in our team. See the match against Chelsea, for once we see a Ramsey and Xhaka being positionally disciplined and aware of their surroundings. Now compare that with the match against Watford where Xhaka and Elneny each they they have some elements of Messi in then.
This team as it is can go places if only the players selected for any given match remember they are all important parts of the team with specifically assigned tasks.
We must also remember that there've been enough stories from past players about AW letting them do their thing - this group lack those personalities - Santi's that guy who sits & chooses not to endlessly run forward.
If i remember correctly the 1st time Xhaka & Mo paired up for us was against Basel in the CL - the space b/w them most of the match was on point. They were very disciplined.
Against Watford - Iwobi is the designated playmaker - so he'd the freedom to roam(Watford's LB has the opp. to attack) - with a central midfield(Xhaka/Elneny) running all over the place - Hector is getting doubled up by Watford players, no midfield support & Iwobi's too far away to keep tracking back.
Players like Cleverly has acres of open space to operate from. Arsene for unfathomable reasons keeps switching proven solutions. We found a template away to StamfordBridge - why dump it.
Xhaka's game is to sit back & ping passes - his limited mobility ought to keep it that way. The Elneny that joined us was about giving passing options to whomever had the ball, quick passer but AW's obsessed with midfielders breaking into oppo box. As a matter of fact, when Coq plays these days he's deployed as a box-2-boxer not a DM. AW's persisting with the sorta stubborn hand old men(not to be ageist) play.
The clamour by many is for jack - no pressure. How do you play him & with whom?
The best Jack was early on in his career - he was deep lying - ventured forward not much more than DM Song - he picked his moments. If you leave him alone defending, chances of injuries via rash challenges grow.
If you play him higher up, you'll probably be better off with speedsters around him. But sitting deep with Ramsey as his partner need not be an option.
P.S: does anyone have the aerial shot taken of Arsenal at the Bridge - kept shape most of the match - moved forward & backward as a unit - it was on MOTD
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Can someone on this Arsenal board show some balls and openly demand the resignation of Wenger and state that there is no way they will renew that hopeless parasites contract
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Coach wrote:The same El Neny they were crying for weeks back. Now it's, why didn't he play the artist formerly known as Lil Prince, no longer My Son, Wilshere. Had Jack started, the chorus would be that condemning the inclusion of a walking sick note who hasn't done anything with a ball for over a year. That Jack is still on two legs and not hobbling to physio, is above expectation. His return must be molly-coddled and as ginger as Ed Sheeran.

As a matter of fact, the fact of the matter is, money is no longer an issue (Puma deal)...till the season starts and the ocean flows between Beloved and the pace setters, then it's, we can't compete against the financially doped Manchester Gatlins. 100 million+ bid for Mbappe, 90 odd for Lemar, both with as much conviction as Titus "Bill Cosby" Bramble. T'is all a game brethren, they're laughing at the fickle fools ploughing their pennies into the greatest Yahoozie ever seen. And for what?

AW has been buying crap players for years El Neny, Mustafi, Xhaxa and Lucas Perez over £100 million with little to show for it, when AW profligacy start hurting the pocket of the owner, a decision on his management position will be decided. I don't think AW will see out his two-year contract.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Can someone on this Arsenal board show some balls and openly demand the resignation of Wenger and state that there is no way they will renew that hopeless parasites contract
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
Coach wrote:The same El Neny they were crying for weeks back. Now it's, why didn't he play the artist formerly known as Lil Prince, no longer My Son, Wilshere. Had Jack started, the chorus would be that condemning the inclusion of a walking sick note who hasn't done anything with a ball for over a year. That Jack is still on two legs and not hobbling to physio, is above expectation. His return must be molly-coddled and as ginger as Ed Sheeran.

AW has been buying crap players for years El Neny, Mustafi, Xhaxa and Lucas Perez over £100 million with little to show for it, when AW profligacy start hurting the pocket of the owner, a decision on his management position will be decided. I don't think AW will see out his two-year contract.

How is Lucas Perez or El Neny crap? Combined do you know how much they cost ? Have they underperformed relative to their cost? Dude know your football before shooting off Haba.

Both players were underutilized by wenger

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

How is Lucas Perez or El Neny crap? Combined do you know how much they cost ? Have they underperformed relative to their cost? Dude know your football before shooting off Haba.

Chief, they are not Arsenal quality. El Neny is too inconsistent on his day he can be world class, but most of the time is pretty much average. Why did AW spend £17 million on Lucas Perez?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Arsene MUST stay. It is the fault of Ozil and Alexis and Van Persie that this Polish drunk learned nothing at Arsenal. Xhaka too.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

platinum wrote:Image

Arsene MUST stay. It is the fault of Ozil and Alexis and Van Persie that this Polish drunk learned nothing at Arsenal. Xhaka too.
It's obvious, that over the past 10 years AW has been crap.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Where is Lucas Jose Antonio Reyes Perez now? More of the same.

Welcome to 2005 gentlemen, way back then the myopic moron claimed Gandalf would never win another league title. 12 years later, Deeney's grabbing our backline by the gonads whilst the kitty cat'ols river dance to the tune of "the referee's a w*nker". Le moron du myopique indeed.

Time for Zelalem perhaps? Bjielik is 34 waist now, size 12 shoes. #beast....or rather #dench
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Chief, they are not Arsenal quality. El Neny is too inconsistent on his day he can be world class, but most of the time is pretty much average. Why did AW spend £17 million on Lucas Perez?

Bros actually El Neny is very consistent from what he is supposed to do . He has over performed on his transfer price ... he is ten times the player Xhaka is. Granted Granit played his best game as a Gunner in the first half but showed his true self in the second :curse: :curse:

And have you actually watched Lucas Perez? Give him the chances Lacazette has been afforded and he would have had double the goals by now. Why don't you guys give fair assessment of players. Lucas Perez is a solid player Biko ... Wenger totally screwed with that guy :curse:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wenger out,the guy can't carry this team go far again.
Make him a national team coach
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Of course talksport booked Wenger enemy #1 Stuart Robson right after Arsenal laid an egg :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:Wenger out,the guy can't carry this team go far again.
Make him a national team coach

He can't do it any more ... send him to the TV booth

MLK.