The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by balo »

tolahs wrote:N'Golo Kante totally outplayed & outlasted our midfield. He'd a job of work to do & he owned it. We must be very careful how often
in big matches we deploy Xhaka & Ramsey as the 2central midfielders - none of them is a good ball winner - Ramsey wants to run forward,
Xhaka becomes overloaded & defensive line operates w/o a shield - it looked horrible in the 1st half vs Bayern - Chelsea cashed the cheque today.
It's imperative we get Riyad into our setup - add to that Oriol Romeu & Virgil Van Dijk
When we switched formations last season, we developed into a more compact unit with better balance - today's match vs Chelsea reminded me of Spurs
away last season - our wingbacks caught out a lot plus we look ready to concede after every setpiece - - back to school for the team. Must get that shape right
Kante, Conte and Willian don't do preseason.

Add Ospina to that list. What the heck was that on Pedro?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

balo wrote:
tolahs wrote:N'Golo Kante totally outplayed & outlasted our midfield. He'd a job of work to do & he owned it. We must be very careful how often
in big matches we deploy Xhaka & Ramsey as the 2central midfielders - none of them is a good ball winner - Ramsey wants to run forward,
Xhaka becomes overloaded & defensive line operates w/o a shield - it looked horrible in the 1st half vs Bayern - Chelsea cashed the cheque today.
It's imperative we get Riyad into our setup - add to that Oriol Romeu & Virgil Van Dijk
When we switched formations last season, we developed into a more compact unit with better balance - today's match vs Chelsea reminded me of Spurs
away last season - our wingbacks caught out a lot plus we look ready to concede after every setpiece - - back to school for the team. Must get that shape right
Kante, Conte and Willian don't do preseason.

Add Ospina to that list. What the heck was that on Pedro?
this ish was too funny
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Robbynice wrote:
Dude it was a preseason game...Jeez! :D
Gooners - low expectations
Was is it preseason for the EPL champs too? Their 1st preseason match they looked like a team - we looked anything but & you're happy!!! :drool: :?:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Just my POV, AW fully aware squad needs serious upgrade but desired targets i.e Lemar, Keita and or Sarri at the moment unattainable.

In lieu of inability to land said targets AW has to give this limited squad as much game time as possible in order to ready for Friday night clash vs Leicester city in 3 weeks time.
This was Chelsea's 1st pre-season match - so they've concentrated on fitness work & tactical drills - our problem isn't playing time -
we lacked any tactical plan & end up looking like strangers - as fans we've become used to letting bad habits slide for example almost
conceding goals on the counter from our set pieces - that goes back to SAF Manu vs Ars -CL all those yrs ago & we're still very vulnerable.
We're back to going deep to defending our box - we already found a template last season - we should have better habits w/o the ball defensively.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You will learn the hard way. Do you remember 2 seasons ago when Chelsea finished 10th? Thats what their fans were saying when they got beaten up by a bunch of 16 year olds vs New York Red Bulls. "Its just pre-season." :lol: :lol: :lol: Trust me, I am not bragging, but I know football like its the back of my hand. In pre-season, you just need to watch for certain things and then you know a club is in big big trouble.
Dude, you're responding to Robbynice :woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Preseason or not - don't we already have a template:

If you go through the tactics we deployed in the match in this clip, you appreciate what having a plan does for a unit - we pressed often at about
10meters past the halfway line but we seem to be going back from what i've witnessed in the last 2matches to collapsing deep to our box - that's
handicapping.
We must have a structure to how our midfield 2 defend in conjunction with the backline - i hope at the Emirates cup there're other options besides Xhaka & Ramsey. I honestly want someone competing with Hector at FB/WB - Ox should be an interior player - the need to give Ramsey minutes mustn't relegate Ox into crowding out Hector.
For me the work has to come from what we do defensively when we're w/o the ball - also not a fan of Aaron's obsession with sprinting into the box - like Santi's approach of making sure his space is solid b4 venturing forward - if you've WB bombing on - we need midfielders holding forte
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

realtrouble wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
OK, the new excuse is preseason , then the beginning of the season and finally we blame the players.
To use a Basketball analogy, we tried playing fastbreak ball w/o taking care of our defensive rebounding. Good habits start in
the preseason - being outnumbered in our half after our own setpiece should be beneath the levels of elite pro-players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is pre-season, guys are trying to get their fitness. Can't really tell how good Arsenal will be this season until mid September. Losing to Chelsea is actually good. It exposed areas that need work.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is pre-season, guys are trying to get their fitness. Can't really tell how good Arsenal will be this season until mid September. Losing to Chelsea is actually good. It exposed areas that need work.
Kpom x 10!!!

I see it as a good thing too. Hopefully Mr Wenger will fix it. That is a big hopefully sha and probably buy players to strengthen too.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

peron33uk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:It is pre-season, guys are trying to get their fitness. Can't really tell how good Arsenal will be this season until mid September. Losing to Chelsea is actually good. It exposed areas that need work.
Kpom x 10!!!

I see it as a good thing too. Hopefully Mr Wenger will fix it. That is a big hopefully sha and probably buy players to strengthen too.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

When will guys point to where our problem is coming from?
You can have an affair with Wenger doesn't mean you can't call him out.
Wenger is our problem,if we like keep Sanchez and sign Mess we are not lifting any major trophies under the man again.
It's not too hard to tell.When serious team are doing what best to upgrade the emperor is down grading his team.I mean who is offering Ozil 280k if not Wenger or some chinese club?Sell the guy get two ballers that can be on 140 a week.Well why blame Ozil?How much is Walcrap on?
Why allow the contract of ballers like Sanchez run down?
Good luck to the boys ,I don't expect any major trophies, I was hoping for Europa so we get to CL but again Wenger has NEVER won in Europe for 30 plus years .
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Just my POV, AW fully aware squad needs serious upgrade but desired targets i.e Lemar, Keita and or Sarri at the moment unattainable.

In lieu of inability to land said targets AW has to give this limited squad as much game time as possible in order to ready for Friday night clash vs Leicester city in 3 weeks time.
This was Chelsea's 1st pre-season match - so they've concentrated on fitness work & tactical drills - our problem isn't playing time -
we lacked any tactical plan & end up looking like strangers - as fans we've become used to letting bad habits slide for example almost
conceding goals on the counter from our set pieces - that goes back to SAF Manu vs Ars -CL all those yrs ago & we're still very vulnerable.
We're back to going deep to defending our box - we already found a template last season - we should have better habits w/o the ball defensively.
Not talking about fitness, if AW can't land a CM like Sarri welp that means likes of Niles are going to become a mainstay in CM.

Recall AW use of Iwobi and Holding last pre season, they played a lot minutes with the intention that both would play significant roles for Arsenal in the 16/17 camagain.

Niles playing CB and CM all pre season no coincidence, AW has handed Niles a trial by fire. Same can be said for young Nelson, if AW can't land a Lemar, expect to see Nelson featured in the first team far sooner then most anticipate, not ideal but AW not clueless as many think....he can't just wait on arrival of likes of Lemar and Seri, Gooners for years complain about no plan B from AW..welp here's plan B.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Not talking about fitness, if AW can't land a CM like Sarri welp that means likes of Niles are going to become a mainstay in CM.

Recall AW use of Iwobi and Holding last pre season, they played a lot minutes with the intention that both would play significant roles for Arsenal in the 16/17 camagain.

Niles playing CB and CM all pre season no coincidence, AW has handed Niles a trial by fire. Same can be said for young Nelson, if AW can't land a Lemar, expect to see Nelson featured in the first team far sooner then most anticipate, not ideal but AW not clueless as many think....he can't just wait on arrival of likes of Lemar and Seri, Gooners for years complain about no plan B from AW..welp here's plan B.

Plan B is failing so what is Plan C and D. ...... another silly excuse. Paying Ozil 280 K has to be the steal of the century, not one single club made an offer for the lazy one.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

Wait isn't that Xhacrap??? :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Plan B is failing so what is Plan C and D. ...... another silly excuse. Paying Ozil 280 K has to be the steal of the century, not one single club made an offer for the lazy one.
Yep Holding was a total failure last season, as was Iwobi.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gooners can be such hypocrites....How many lost their $#% over Spurs nicking Dele Ali for nothing..no secret players only show worth if given a run of games i.e Holding.

Overall look at PL big money additions few if any exceptional additions...clubs are reluctant to sell truly top talent. In that case it's on all managers to either make do with what they have or spend ludicrous amounts on inferior players..I prefer the former.

It's AW job to get it right, he'll be judged accordingly.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffi season never start nah .... you usually only go on hiatus after a loss .... relax 'Tis only a dah preseason :taunt: but the same problems and players that I point out and excuses you make still remain ... what else is new ... same old Arsenal, same old lame excuses :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Yep Holding was a total failure last season, as was Iwobi.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gooners can be such hypocrites....How many lost their $#% over Spurs nicking Dele Ali for nothing..no secret players only show worth if given a run of games i.e Holding.

Overall look at PL big money additions few if any exceptional additions...clubs are reluctant to sell truly top talent. In that case it's on all managers to either make do with what they have or spend ludicrous amounts on inferior players..I prefer the former.

It's AW job to get it right, he'll be judged accordingly.
I work in an in an industry where I have to forecast failure, I don't need to wait until May 2018 to judge AW performance.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: pathetic CE spammers. Una never see anything yet..spent 56 million on a PK specialist
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

am I the only one that isn't keen on Lemar or Lamar or whatever his name is? Selling Alexis and buying Lemar does not make us better football wise. Younger talent often take 2 to 3 years to start getting to the production of players in their prime age. By which point, he will have only 1 or 2 years left on his contract and holding us to ransom like Nasri did.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Projected transfers

Out
Wilshere 20 MP
Chambers 22 MP
Alexis Sanchez 45 MP
Gibbs 12 MP
Szcenzny 10 MP
Akpom
Debuchy
Lucas 12 MP

In
Lacazette 45MP

Need an attacking midfielder and a replacement for Sanchez.

Depth
Goalkeeper- Cech, Ospina, Martinez
Defenders/Wingbacks- Koscielny, Mustaffi, Monreal, Mertersaker, Holden, Gabriel, Belerin, Ox, Bramal, Konasilac

Midfielders- Ramsey, Carzola, Elneny, Xhaka, Coquelin

Forwards- Lacazette, Ozil, Giroud, Iwobi, Welbeck, Walcott

It is a good squad, jut need to add two new players. Wenger must get his tactics right this year.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

ohenhen1 wrote:Projected transfers

Out
Wilshere 20 MP
Chambers 22 MP
Alexis Sanchez 45 MP
Gibbs 12 MP
Szcenzny 10 MP
Akpom
Debuchy
Lucas 12 MP

In
Lacazette 45MP

Need an attacking midfielder and a replacement for Sanchez.

Depth
Goalkeeper- Cech, Ospina, Martinez
Defenders/Wingbacks- Koscielny, Mustaffi, Monreal, Mertersaker, Holden, Gabriel, Belerin, Ox, Bramal, Konasilac

Midfielders- Ramsey, Carzola, Elneny, Xhaka, Coquelin

Forwards- Lacazette, Ozil, Giroud, Iwobi, Welbeck, Walcott

It is a good squad, jut need to add two new players. Wenger must get his tactics right this year.
The problem is not the players at his disposal but his tactics
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Thee areas that need work have been exposed every season for the past decade+.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯