The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Whoever you think is the best manager in the world. Put him at Arsenal, with current business model and ownership, he is not winning the CL and is still 4th favourite to win the PL every year.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clip is irrelevant. Shows comprehension deficit.

I have not said, don't try not even said, don't win. The reason I buy my Season Ticket and spend serious money supporting my team, is something called romance in football. Every season before a ball is kicked in anger, I have hopes and dreams of winning everything. Why I am a football man and believe we have a chance. However, I am not deluded and filled with demands and unrealistic expectations.

In Football has always been the team with the most money wins. But today, there is a huge gap between us and our main competition. Given the tremendous resource advantage of the competition in the modern game, I am realistic.

But it does not mean our position is hopeless. I know our minimum expectations but I am hopeful and optimistic for more. That's why I have been a Season Ticket holder for over 20 years.

But many here don't understand football in England. They are demanding Wenger wins the CL or PL, if not he goes. They are f00ls.

Just adding a dose of reality to the deluded souls who demand we win the league and CL like it is given.
Oh stop waffi You keep twisting yourself like a pretzel to defend Wenger.

Stop with lie Gooners demanding AW win PL and CL..that is an out right fabrication. Gooners are a passive a base of supporters as one wilt find in football, most have not demanded anything, what most Gooners aspire to see from Arsenal is a legit challenge for PL title and a respectable run in the CL.

In the PL Arsenal have not put up a serious challenge in a decade i.e 07/08 and in the CL the Arsenal have not made it past the round of 16 since Cesc, RVP and Nasri dawned the cannon for the Arsenal.

The disillusion we see now is not down to AW falling to win the PL or CL but a steady decline that has now seen Arsenal fall further away from challenging for the PL then any time since end of the Graham era and into the Europa league

Stop creating straw men arguments, stop pushing false narrative that Arsenal sans AW could not do better than the current side under AW tutelage.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Whoever you think is the best manager in the world. Put him at Arsenal, with current business model and ownership, he is not winning the CL and is still 4th favourite to win the PL every year.

[/video]

I have not said, don't try not even said, don't win. The reason I buy my Season Ticket and spend serious money supporting my team, is something called romance in football. Every season before a ball is kicked in anger, I have hopes and dreams of winning everything. Why I am a football man and believe we have a chance. However, I am not deluded and filled with demands and unrealistic expectations.

In Football has always been the team with the most money wins. But today, there is a huge gap between us and our main competition. Given the tremendous resource advantage of the competition in the modern game, I am realistic.

But it does not mean our position is hopeless. I know our minimum expectations but I am hopeful and optimistic for more. That's why I have been a Season Ticket holder for over 20 years.

But many here don't understand football in England. They are demanding Wenger wins the CL or PL, if not he goes. They are f00ls.

Just adding a dose of reality to the deluded souls who demand we win the league and CL like it is given.

Stop with lie Gooners demanding AW win PL and CL..that is an out right fabrication. Gooners are a passive a base of supporters as one wilt find in football, most have not demanded anything, what most Gooners aspire to see from Arsenal is a legit challenge for PL title and a respectable run in the CL.

In the PL Arsenal have not put up a serious challenge in a decade i.e 07/08 and in the CL the Arsenal have not made it past the round of 16 since Cesc, RVP and Nasri dawned the cannon for the Arsenal.

The disillusion we see now is not down to AW falling to win the PL or CL but a steady decline that has now seen Arsenal fall further away from challenging for the PL then any time since end of the Graham era and into the Europa league

Stop creating straw men arguments, stop pushing false narrative that Arsenal sans AW could not do better than the current side under AW tutelage.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said TG,i don't know why anyone will defend Wenger all the time,i understand been a Wenger fan first before Arsenal FC fan but dam even Wenger cant say the board did not give him what he need to compete for the league.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

Are you serious? Have you been reading the posts here or on places like Twitter. Some f00ls here demand PL and CL. It is one reason I don't respond to poo like them. They do not understand football, so it is pointless.

We are talking two different things.

The fans you describe are reasonable and do not represent the empty vessels that make the most noise here or other social media. BTW! When this disillusioned supporters become the majority where it counts at the Emirates, they will get the Manager out.

The season has never been judged in October. Not even before 10 ganes are played. So I dont where you are getting off. Come May we judge Wenger, and as in the last 3 out of 4 seasons, we celebrate if we win something. Then after 2 or 3 defeats, the next season, you sing a different tune. I am consistent, I don't do, fickleness, I do loyalty.

Finally, I repeat.

Whoever you think is the best manager in the world. Put him at Arsenal, with current business model and ownership, he is not winning the CL and is still 4th favourite to win the PL every year.

FACT!!
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

Are you serious? Have you been reading the posts here or on places like Twitter. Some f00ls here demand PL and CL. It is one reason I don't respond to poo like them. They do not understand football, so it is pointless.

The fans you describe are reasonable and do not represent the empty vessels that make the most noise here or other social media. BTW! When this disillusioned supporters become the majority where it counts at the Emirates, they will get the Manager out.

The season has never been judged in October. Not even before 10 ganes are played. So I dont where you are getting off. Come May we judge Wenger, and as in the last 3 out of 4 seasons, we celebrate if we win something. Then after 2 or 3 defeats, the next season, you sing a different tune. I am consistent, I don't do, fickleness, I do loyalty.

Finally, I repeat.

Whoever you think is the best manager in the world. Put him at Arsenal, with current business model and ownership, he is not winning the CL and is still 4th favourite to win the PL every year.

FACT!!
Twitter..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

As if that is the venue for serious, measured and nuanced discussions.

As for another manager, by your summation AW should have flopped post Graham, Houston and Rioch era. Fact remains the Arsenal are declining under AW, much of that down to AW flaws and errors as manager be it tactics, be it loyalty, be it deficient summer business. To state unequivocally a new manager could not do better then AW is speculative reasoning at best.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

Finally, I repeat.

FACT!!

I'm not sure why people are f00ls simply because you disagree with their views....however annoying it is to you. If you cannot switch their viewpoint, let it be.

On the point, now you're saying people do not understand football if they expect PL or UCL...i assume you have now got a greater and more enlightened understanding of the game since for eons, you kept insisting that Arsenal could now compete and was ready to dance at the top table.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi, on a different topic, didn't the FA enact a law about retroactively punishing players who dive for PKs, if they successfully conned the ref? Would this not apply to the Watford player?
The law says, going down without contact. They said there was contact, no matter how minimal. So no punishment.

Ok...what about Welbeck that went down with contact and the same ref didn't blow? Na wa for these ojoro rules.
Contact or not, the guy dived FULL STRETCH!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

Finally, I repeat.

FACT!!

I'm not sure why people are f00ls simply because you disagree with their views....however annoying it is to you. If you cannot switch their viewpoint, let it be.

On the point, now you're saying people do not understand football if they expect PL or UCL...i assume you have now got a greater and more enlightened understanding of the game since for eons, you kept insisting that Arsenal could now compete and was ready to dance at the top table.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Always tell the truth Oga Plat,last year it was we now have a complete team,this season we have money to compete and get the players we want.
Currently its about who ever is put in with current business model and owner will not do jack.When the time will come it will be that the new coach was given money to sign the players he wanted.
When you follow Arsenal very well you will notice that Wenger has outspend any manager that has been at Arsenal before Wenger.The man has done his own part not good enough to compete for EPL or CL even during invincible he could not compete for CL glory.I hope when he leaves some fans will do the same as they are more a Wenger fan than arsenal fC fans.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

Finally, I repeat.

FACT!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....well said Plat......
Arsenal have been in decline for a long while.......9pts behind the current leader and Nov hasn't even kicked in
completely pathetic........
...I just dey siddonlook see wetin happen when we miss top 4 again
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

Finally, I repeat.

FACT!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....well said Plat......
Arsenal have been in decline for a long while.......9pts behind the current leader and Nov hasn't even kicked in
completely pathetic........
...I just dey siddonlook see wetin happen when we miss top 4 again
To be honest I will not be surprise if we miss out of top 4,we just need target Europa if top 4 becomes an issue,i think Liverpool and Chelsea we can finish above them but will Wenger?
The league is there for him to go compete,will he do that?
What I know is that it will be a big surprise and I will donate money to any charity Arsenal support if we win the league but something tells me we will not even compete.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Gentlemen, welcome to 2005. Oh, the myopia. Moronic, might one add.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:Gentlemen, welcome to 2005. Oh, the myopia. Moronic, might one add.
Coachitto what is your realistic expectation to the team?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^The team will achieve whatever they can be bothered to achieve. The strength of Europe's elite will see many send weakened sides into the fray of the FA Cup in effort to preserve their arsenal for the better battle. The cup then becomes a more achievable aim, yet that alone would constitute an absolute failure. The aim has to be the league title. Lemar and Mbappe were both bluffs, retaining Sanchez for another season and Lacazette was always the aim. Add to that, Kolasinac and "we will be strong", anything less than the league title, in a season where the absence of Champions League football should offer up the same advantage it afforded a lesser Leicester and Premier league newbie. Let the jury see what the great King delivers. Winter is coming.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
You and your lies. Were you not the one laughing at us and bragging that Wenger had given conditions for his staying on the job and had gotten his demands met when he was negotiating his new contract? Now he's fvvcking up as expected and you're trying to lie your way out of the bloody mess. You can't deny destiny and his is to continue to tarnish his legacy. Things will only get worse like I said years ago. Had he left eons ago like some of us had been saying he'd be a legend rather than the joke he currently is.

Don't worry sha all is well. Pfft!

Sisi Yemisi how bodi, I thought Waffi had banned you :taunt: oh I forgot Arsenal lost over the weekend hence ya appearance ... I gorrit :mrgreen:

Predictable :woot:
Yeah I "disappeared" because Arsenal was beasting and being so impressive tearing shhiit up at the top of the league standings abi? :roll:

Pfft!!!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

platinum wrote: I'm not sure why people are f00ls simply because you disagree with their views....however annoying it is to you. If you cannot switch their viewpoint, let it be.

That's what happens when you know they're right but you can't admit it.

Was he not the same person only a few months ago bragging about Wenger making demands of the board that things are done his way in order to sign a new contract? He was rubbing it in our faces.

The only fool here is a grown up man whose lips are stuck so far up another man's rectum that they can never see anything wrong in what they do. I never believed an adult could be brainwashed until now. It's pitiful. Wenger could lead the team to relegation and the poor sob would find a way to excuse him. I truly believe he could discover Wenger on top of an underage boy and he'd help him cover it up. That's how far gone he is. Lies, lies, and more lies. It used to be fun discussing and even arguing with him in the past but it's not even funny anymore, it's more pathetic, sad and borderline disgusting...a grown a$$ man.

Ordinary Leicester sacked two coaches in less than a year (including arguably their most successful ever) due to non performance.

There's really more to it than meets the eye. The dude has overdosed on Wenger jizz.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote: I'm not sure why people are f00ls simply because you disagree with their views....however annoying it is to you. If you cannot switch their viewpoint, let it be.

That's what happens when you know they're right but you can't admit it.

Was he not the same person only a few months ago bragging about Wenger making demands of the board that things are done his way in order to sign a new contract? He was rubbing it in our faces.

The only fool here is a grown up man whose lips are stuck so far up another man's rectum that they can never see anything wrong in what they do. I never believed an adult could be brainwashed until now. It's pitiful. Wenger could lead the team to relegation and the poor sob would find a way to excuse him. I truly believe he could discover Wenger on top of an underage boy and he'd help him cover it up. That's how far gone he is. Lies, lies, and more lies. It used to be fun discussing and even arguing with him in the past but it's not even funny anymore, it's more pathetic, sad and borderline disgusting...a grown a$$ man.

Ordinary Leicester sacked two coaches in less than a year (including arguably their most successful ever) due to non performance.

There's really more to it than meets the eye. The dude has overdosed on Wenger jizz.

Sisi Yemisi???? Ok oh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Who dey open game thread?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

BreakingNine changes for Arsenal

Crvena Zvezda v Arsenal (18:00 BST)

Just Petr Cech and Mohamed Elneny keep their places as Arsene Wenger shuffles the deck.

There are starts for Mathieu Debuchy, Jack Wilshere and Reiss Nelson among others. I count two 'proper' defenders.

Arsenal: Cech; Debuchy, Holding, Elneny; Maitland-Niles, Coquelin, Willock, Wilshere, Nelson; Walcott, Giroud,
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Nkume wrote:BreakingNine changes for Arsenal

Crvena Zvezda v Arsenal (18:00 BST)

Just Petr Cech and Mohamed Elneny keep their places as Arsene Wenger shuffles the deck.

There are starts for Mathieu Debuchy, Jack Wilshere and Reiss Nelson among others. I count two 'proper' defenders.

Arsenal: Cech; Debuchy, Holding, Elneny; Maitland-Niles, Coquelin, Willock, Wilshere, Nelson; Walcott, Giroud,
That backline looks a mess. Hopefully this doesn't end terribly for us.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wenger loves to gamble and tempt fate sha. He does his because his job isn't on the line ... :curse:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“Ozil is not worth feeding, never mind paying a contract. He doesn’t look like he wants to be there. I wouldn’t let him anywhere near an Arsenal shirt.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ozil-is- ... n9b8m4un6m

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:
You and your lies. Were you not the one laughing at us and bragging that Wenger had given conditions for his staying on the job and had gotten his demands met when he was negotiating his new contract? Now he's fvvcking up as expected and you're trying to lie your way out of the bloody mess. You can't deny destiny and his is to continue to tarnish his legacy. Things will only get worse like I said years ago. Had he left eons ago like some of us had been saying he'd be a legend rather than the joke he currently is.

Don't worry sha all is well. Pfft!
Oh for fawk sake :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is wrong dawg, plain wrong :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Hello my GOON peeps. Thanks for supporting us at REAL MADRID.

Please who is "Crv ena Zvezzzzzz daaaa daaaaa" and which planet are they from? :tic: :sneaky:

Oh by the way, we are with you and supporting you to keep doing the good work you're doing representing the EPL on Thursdays :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!