The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bk-one
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bk-one »

I really dont know why Sky is always letting Paul Merson embarass himself. I have a lot of issues with wenger but comparing him to appy arry is beyond an insult or even going further to say wheelin-dealin arry is more tactically astute than wenger( yes he is tactically limited but far much better than rednapp). What the **** is Paul Merson drinking.....cheap cologne!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
"I think Mustafi has a muscle tear. It looks a bit more serious." Low said. "This will probably force him to have an extended layoff."
Jesu with KOS fighting with his Achilles it makes the decision to ship out GABRIEL look even more troubling ....Mertesacker and Chambers and Holding??

Yikes :curse:
Gabriel is gone and suddenly he is world class. Gabriel has immense physical attributes but he never settled in this league. He is no loss and Chambers has shown from his loan at Boro, he can do a job.

This is epitome of cluelessness :rotf: :rotf: who said GABRIEL was world class? :scared: and what job did Chambers do at Middlesbrough? Help them get relegated :rotf: :rotf:

Gosh Waffi is a clown sha :lol: :lol:
Kai! Chambers and Ozil get new contract. You go chop bottle for my hand nor be small. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Ahem your words on Ozil just last week stand in condemnation of any ya flip flops :taunt: :taunt: and oh btw Sisi yemisi is waiting in the wings to pounce :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bk-one wrote:I really dont know why Sky is always letting Paul Merson embarass himself. I have a lot of issues with wenger but comparing him to appy arry is beyond an insult or even going further to say wheelin-dealin arry is more tactically astute than wenger( yes he is tactically limited but far much better than rednapp). What the #$% is Paul Merson drinking.....cheap cologne!
I read that, shook my head and kept going. That guy is a clown of epic proportion.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
"I think Mustafi has a muscle tear. It looks a bit more serious." Low said. "This will probably force him to have an extended layoff."
Jesu with KOS fighting with his Achilles it makes the decision to ship out GABRIEL look even more troubling ....Mertesacker and Chambers and Holding??

Yikes :curse:
Gabriel is gone and suddenly he is world class. Gabriel has immense physical attributes but he never settled in this league. He is no loss and Chambers has shown from his loan at Boro, he can do a job.

This is epitome of cluelessness :rotf: :rotf: who said GABRIEL was world class? :scared: and what job did Chambers do at Middlesbrough? Help them get relegated :rotf: :rotf:

Gosh Waffi is a clown sha :lol: :lol:
Kai! Chambers and Ozil get new contract. You go chop bottle for my hand nor be small. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Naah na one more jersey sales added to the Ozil jersey he buys every summer. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MARTIN KEOWN :clap: :clap: :clap:

After Lionel Messi’s heroics for Argentina, what was the best individual performance you saw from one of your team-mates during your career?

That’s easy — Kanu’s hat-trick at Chelsea in October 1999 that saw us come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. For any Arsenal fans at Stamford Bridge that day, it was magical.

Just watch that winning goal. Somehow, he beats the goalkeeper on the byline but instead of crossing to the players calling for it in the box, he curls the ball inches over the heads of Marcel Desailly and Frank Leboeuf — two World Cup-winning defenders — flailing on the goal-line. It was one of the most stunning performances I have ever seen.

I never thought Kanu got the credit he deserved. He sums up the strength in depth we had at Arsenal then.

Sanchez is a lion who wants to play football and I do not expect him to sulk.

It is more likely that Sanchez will play against Watford than Ozil. I would be surprised if Ozil features.

I find the suggestions that Ozil could now be staying at the club astonishing. Maybe there are not any takers who want to pay his wages?"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"It is more likely that Sanchez will play against Watford than Ozil. I would be surprised if Ozil features.

I find the suggestions that Ozil could now be staying at the club astonishing. Maybe there are not any takers who want to pay his wages?"
:mrgreen:

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Wenger is truly African. He knows the outcome of an election before the electorates even vote. :lol: See as Papa Wenger don congratulate Weah even before votes are counted. Goons :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

pajimoh wrote:Wenger is truly African. He knows the outcome of an election before the electorates even vote. :lol: See as Papa Wenger don congratulate Weah even before votes are counted. Goons :rotf:
Voyeur or wetin them call am? :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Our Papa was fooled by fake news. It happens. I commend him for paying attention to news on his former players, and Africa.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Nkume wrote:Our Papa was fooled by fake news. It happens. I commend him for paying attention to news on his former players, and Africa.
Ain't nothing new there. He's been fooled by fake players for a while now. He thinks Zhaka is a Zulu Warrior and Mustafi, a Brazilian maestro. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:
Nkume wrote:Our Papa was fooled by fake news. It happens. I commend him for paying attention to news on his former players, and Africa.
Ain't nothing new there. He's been fooled by fake players for a while now. He thinks Zhaka is a Zulu Warrior and Mustafi, a Brazilian maestro. :tic:
This is sinful! :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:

"It is more likely that Sanchez will play against Watford than Ozil. I would be surprised if Ozil features.

:mrgreen:
Arsenal forward Mesut Ozil, 28, is set to stay at the club, because no other side is willing to pay his £330,000-a-week wage demands :rotf:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

International window over and we look stronger...

Messuuuuuuutttt back.. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Welbz back... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wilshere is now in top condition apparently.... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: with him it is like getting a new £50M midfielder. I hope it lasts and he brings IT, I am excited based on what I saw vs. BATE.

Only downside..

Mustafi injured... :(

There are some big games coming up for our rivals, time to win our games and put ourselves in a stronger position in the league.

Come on Arsenal.
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:International window over and we look stronger...

Wilshere is now in top condition apparently.... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: with him it is like getting a new £50M midfielder. I hope it lasts and he brings IT, I am excited based on what I saw vs. BATE.

Only downside..

There are some big games coming up for our rivals, time to win our games and put ourselves in a stronger position in the league.

Come on Arsenal.
:agree: Now is the selection,anything else without 3 points against Watford is failure .Hope Liverpool win at home against Manu and City also drop points.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Only downside..

Come on Arsenal.
What has been the record with the Parasite compared to the team record without the parasite ? :woot:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Only downside..

Come on Arsenal.
You know they call Welbz and Kolasinac partnership 'The Wall'. They work so well together defensively. Watford are a big physical side, I think Welbz might play a role in the Watford game. I also see Ozil starting and Sanchez being on the bench.

Mustafi is a loss because he has the ability to organise and defend. He shouts and yells at his team mates to get in position, he organises the defense for set plays, I have seen him physically move team mates into the right positions, he is a leader in that defense and we will miss him. The only other senior organiser we have is Per. Chambers is also an organiser but he is not yet a big boy. So we lack a leader and organiser in that defence without Mustafi and Per.

Crucial few weeks for Jack. He performs, he gets a new contract, (whether he accepts Arsenal contract offer come the time is another thing entirely) he does not perform or suffers another injury break down, he will be looking for a new club.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Waffiman wrote:

Only downside..

Come on Arsenal.
You know they call Welbz and Kolasinac partnership 'The Wall'. They work so well together defensively. Watford are a big physical side, I think Welbz might play a role in the Watford game. I also see Ozil starting and Sanchez being on the bench.

Mustafi is a loss because he has the ability to organise and defend. He shouts and yells at his team mates to get in position, he organises the defense for set plays, I have seen him physically move team mates into the right positions, he is a leader in that defense and we will miss him. The only other senior organiser we have is Per. Chambers is also an organiser but he is not yet a big boy. So we lack a leader and organiser in that defence without Mustafi and Per.

Crucial few weeks for Jack. He performs, he gets a new contract, (whether he accepts Arsenal contract offer come the time is another thing entirely) he does not perform or suffers another injury break down, he will be looking for a new club.
Why do you want to play Ozil? Have you not seen how compact the team has been defensively? I would rather not toil with that.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Only downside..

Come on Arsenal.

Why do you want to play Ozil? Have you not seen how compact the team has been defensively? I would rather not toil with that.

Have you not heard he is a slow learner ? Abeg leave am :D

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Next week it will be the six-month anniversary of Özil’s last Arsenal goal. Since December 2016 he has contributed one – one! – assist away from the Emirates Stadium. The team play better without him in it. He has already earned £30m in his time at the club. There is nothing here to justify an astronomically improved contract. The Age of Özil is over, a fascinating footnote in the wider history of why apparently well-suited player moves sometimes just don’t work out.
From the Guardian today

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Pray for this 11 @ Watford.

Cech

Kos---BFG---Monreal

Bellerin---El neny---Wilshire---Kolasinac

Iwobi--Lacazette---Welbeck

That 11 and Arsenal take home all 3 points, trust the pansy boys i.e Ozil and Xhaka and Arsenal will drop points.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Fixtures Near Future:
Red Star Belgrade (A) 19th October 2017 - Everton vs Lyon

Everton (A) 22nd Oct - Fatigue cannot be an issue for us here - cos they don't as deep a squad as we do.
Sunday 22nd October - Norwich vs Ipswich Town
Tuesday 24 October 2017 - EFL Cup - Norwich @Emirates - everything about the Everton game stands - this match takes place 2 days after league fixtures - most of our team from Europa away come into play.
Swansea @emirates - Sat Oct 28 - we gotta have a majorly fesh team - we ready.
Thursday 2 November - Red Star Belgrade -at the Emirates - results from 19th October will impact team selection
(Wednesday 1 November - Napoli vs ManC)
Sunday 5 November 2017: - Manchester City vs Arsenal - Bigmatch - we could go there the fresher team - gotta be more effective than we were
away to Stamford Bridge.
----------------------------------
Huge period in the season starting 2morrow Matchweek 8 - from now to match 19, it's about getting that box seat for it's useful going into
the Business end starting Week 20. We must be in the mix - top 3 & closer to the top than we're currently.
Our GD column needs to improve - we aren't a high scoring team but we must aim to be the team that concedes the least goals. What we showed away
at Chelsea is we can play compact, quick to get in shape on transition while being very dangerous in possession.
Team depth amongst the Bigclubs coming off an international break into a busy CL & Europa fixture matters a lot.
Nice to see Debuchy training with the lads - matters for Europa & EFL matches. Rather sad that Cohen Bramallis allowed to wither on the
Bench at Birmingham. With Harry fired, the new dude ain't looking at our boy. He could learn a lot from us right now.

Keep it Compact:holding Shape
https://t.co/dkA7JUJVW8
-----------------------------------------------
Nice Piece - The Monreal factor:
https://arseblog.com/2017/10/tactics-column-nacho/

P.S. - Mainly agree with TG's 11 - might play Giroud as striker - that way Danny starts away in Belgrade - we need a result there but great 11 - workers all
through plus fresh ones in, hope they're eager
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Pray for this 11 @ Watford.

Cech

Kos---BFG---Monreal

Bellerin---El neny---Wilshire---Kolasinac

Iwobi--Lacazette---Welbeck

That 11 and Arsenal take home all 3 points, trust the pansy boys i.e Ozil and Xhaka and Arsenal will drop points.
The pansy boys will be gone soon, watch Arsenal win the league as soon as that happens right? :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:

Next week it will be the six-month anniversary of Özil’s last Arsenal goal. Since December 2016 he has contributed one – one! – assist away from the Emirates Stadium. The team play better without him in it. He has already earned £30m in his time at the club. There is nothing here to justify an astronomically improved contract. The Age of Özil is over, a fascinating footnote in the wider history of why apparently well-suited player moves sometimes just don’t work out.
From the Guardian today

Pile it on season, groupthink mode activated. The gods gave everyone brains, some choose to use them like they're rattles for 6month old babies, shaking them around with no object in mind particularly.

Who bought Ozil? What are his top characteristics? Are they diminished? If they are, why is that the case? Is the Arsenal team crafted to suit those characteristics? Why? Why not?
He has one assist in six months? Why? How come assists are important now? When he nearly took apart Henry's assist record, the same crew said assists were rubbish...are they or are they not? If he's not assisting anymore, why is that? Is he creating chances? (HINT - he is, at an elite rate).

Critical thinking isn't a hard thing (despite the best attempts of quite a few here). Football isn't a hard sport par se, the simpler you play it, the better you are at it. Thankfully Nigeria has qualified for the World Cup, let every Nigerian Gooner pray to Sango and Amadioha that Arsenal gets rid of both Ozil and Alexis in January, then it will be double celebration because Nigeria would have qualified for Russia AND Arsenal would be sure bankers to win the EPL! Praise the gods. :rotf:

Soja come, soya go, barracks remain. We will see whether Ozil and Xhaka and Alexis are why Arsenal has not won a league crown soon enough. RVP couldn't do it, nor Cesc, nor the second coming of Henry Jesus, they all failed. Once the mentioned three are cut, it's time for Arsenal pawa to strong pass bagco supasak
Last edited by platinum on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”