The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Blukyt
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Blukyt »

peron33uk wrote:Hmmmm!!!
Inter Milan open talks with Arsenal star Shkodran Mustafi over Serie A transfer
http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/17/inter-mil ... r-6860966/
Don't believe that
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Thank you Gabriel Paulista!

You were not the greatest, but you did contribute.

3 Seasons, 1 goal, 2 FA cups, and 2 community shields.

Good Luck at Valencia.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/gabriel-joins-valencia
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Nkume wrote:Thank you Gabriel Paulista!

Good Luck at Valencia.

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Another failure who was compared to Brother Eric. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Arsenal fans better pray he is not sold. if he is, i will bump the thread where I advised you guuys against this worthless player who failed at everton. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nkume wrote:Thank you Gabriel Paulista!

Good Luck at Valencia.

Wenger sabi show teeth to no Frenchies and Uk players sha..I wish he showed this..to Debuchy, Sanogo , Ox , Theo and Gibbs.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Another failure who was compared to Brother Eric. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Arsenal fans better pray he is not sold. if he is, i will bump the thread where I advised you guuys against this worthless player who failed at everton. :lol:
Oga Danfo,please stop attacking all Arsenal fans,just name the few fans that said he is better and he turn down likes of Pep to play for Wenger,i know it was on the last season thread.
No need to say Arsenal fans,you might as well say Wenger fans....
On another serious note Wenger will not sell him unless inter pay serious cash
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Gabriel na mumu sha....after he escape from Costa pocket now he run comot from EPL to go enter him pocket for Spain again.. :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So how many players are in the final year of their contract at beloved?
I know of Ozil,OX and Zanchez?How many more are on the final year?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

GABRIEL just has some bad luck ... right when he was in line for a run of games he was always either injured or baited into a stupid suspension by that rat Costa ... he as never the same after that :curse: I wish him the best :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

paj wrote:Gabriel na mumu sha....after he escape from Costa pocket now he run comot from EPL to go enter him pocket for Spain again.. :rotf:

Shouldn't you be worried about another Wembley #$% whooping :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffi Guess who was in training today? :woot:

MLK.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

anikulapo wrote:
paj wrote:Gabriel na mumu sha....after he escape from Costa pocket now he run comot from EPL to go enter him pocket for Spain again.. :rotf:

It'd be a good thing..we all know what happened after we lost two in a row last season.. :tic:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

paj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

It'd be a good thing..we all know what happened after we lost two in a row last season.. :tic:
Lightning no dey strike twice especially when you have the champions league to contend with :taunt:

MLK.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

anikulapo wrote:
paj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Lightning no dey strike twice especially when you have the champions league to contend with :taunt:
For where...E strike and burned Arsenal for 10 years....U went 'invincible' and haven't showed up for 14 years.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Beloved all we are asking is 3 points tomorrow.Any idea of the line up tomorrow.Just hoping Defense get little tied.
Dam imagine we win,Everton take points from city,Swansea win at home and spurs and Chelsea both open yash if possible or share the points.
Beloved will likely move up to first in the table...Our strong start will help us very well
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Looks like Gabriel is off to Valencia. Does this mean Chambers stays? Another player with one year left on his contract
Arsenal desperately trying to sell players for money to sign Lemar I hope.
Arsenal does not need to sell to buy Lemar. West Ham is bidding 40M for Carvalho for fcucksake. Selling 2 central defenders without a replacement leaves the team short of quality options when playing a 3 man back line. Per is close to done and Holding doesn't seem quite ready to play 30+ games. We all know Kos will have his customary injury spell on the sidelines
Here is reality. Arsenal have 33 pros listed in the 2st squad. They somehow have to pay for them. The rules for Squad make up are clear. I guess we all know them.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

AW doesn't like delegating, better team defense is contender quality - we need that!!!
Titi & Alan speaking truths early in the season - I don't get the philosophy of having our 2 deep midfielders in attack mode so much when we have wingbacks.
When you've a makeshift defense like we did vs LCFC - midfielders ought to seat more - i'll add WBs should attack less in those instances too -
good practice starts now
Shearer a failed Coach now a sage of wisdom. Ridiculous. Do you want to know how well his team defended in the same league? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Henry, but till he coaches and wins something. He is not one to give any coach lectures. He played in Arsenal teams that set out to win games. I saw every game he played at Highbury and all bar 1 at the Emirates with most away from Highbury. In all those games, when we needed to win, our FBs or Wide Backs (as Wenger calls them) went forward.

Also, Leicester play counter attacking football, they do it by defending in numbers, but we want 3 points. You do not win by seating. Leicester had 9 defending, you must have numbers attacking to open the defence. Arsenal's main form of defence was to press high up and in numbers. You cannot do that by seating deep.

We won, but not one word of credit to the Manager. Instead, moans and groans plus ITK coaching sessions from a failed and wannabe Manager.

Credit to Wenger most of all, in trouble he made the moves that won it. His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved. So all this BS about defending does not wash with me.
:???: :scared: Are you serious? You are always giving tactical lessons here. Where have coached and what have you won. So only those that have coached and won something can make valid comments about the game?

You don't seem to get it. You think it is just about the Leicester game. Yes Arsenal won but some of us are still seeing the same shortcomings that have plagued the Arsenal for many years still present in the team. From past experience, there will be many games this season when Arsenal will be in a similar situation brought about by these same lapses and they will not win the game. Keep attacking the messenger as you usually do and ignore the message. We all know what will happen to the Arsenal come February.

Personally, the one transfer that would have given me optimism for the new season did not happen: shipping out the manager for someone better. So far all the signs indicate that it will be the same for the Arsenal as it has been for some time now.
I explain tactics, I dont give lessons. I hope you understand the difference. Besides explaining tactics is with hindsight is different to knowing better with hindsight. Henry has his badges, like Shearer but they are not in a position to postulate like they know better than Wenger. Even Henry's observations about the FBs and Midfielders is hypocrisy and I explained why from his playing days under the same Manager.

I write what I see. I do not pretend to know better than the professionals who I always respect even when I disagree.

I stop here for now. You are 'Wenger out', man you lot are beyond ridiculous. I really have no time for you and your ilk. I'm sorry we won. I can see you are hurting.
More spin. You rubbished the opinion of the greatest player Arsenal has ever had and the best striker in the history of the premier league just because they hold a position that is unflattering to Wenger who can do no wrong in your eyes. Both of these men have completed coaching badges, which you have not yet you come here ever so often to talk tactics but their opinions are rubbish since they have never won anything as coaches? Are you for real?

The people that wanted Wenger out are not beyond ridiculous. If anything the people that want Wenger out, which going by CE as a representation of the fan base, are a vast majority of the Arsenal fan base cannot all be ignorant mugs that know nothing about the game. Anyway, I will let you and people of your ilk indulge in your yearly ritual of Wenger "worship" until things predictably go pear shaped in February.
Aniks has called you out for what you are. So I don't need to waste my time responding anymore. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Man you have anger issues. Wenger is truly a great man. See how he has reduced you lot to babies and the proverbial toys in the pram. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now go stick it up where the sun don't shine. That's where you and your ilk belong. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Looks like Gabriel is off to Valencia. Does this mean Chambers stays? Another player with one year left on his contract
I thought money wasn't a problem
He has a budget. Board will not release funds until he is within his budget. He has to sell or loan out players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

AW doesn't like delegating, better team defense is contender quality - we need that!!!
Titi & Alan speaking truths early in the season - I don't get the philosophy of having our 2 deep midfielders in attack mode so much when we have wingbacks.
When you've a makeshift defense like we did vs LCFC - midfielders ought to seat more - i'll add WBs should attack less in those instances too -
good practice starts now
Shearer a failed Coach now a sage of wisdom. Ridiculous. Do you want to know how well his team defended in the same league? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Henry, but till he coaches and wins something. He is not one to give any coach lectures. He played in Arsenal teams that set out to win games. I saw every game he played at Highbury and all bar 1 at the Emirates with most away from Highbury. In all those games, when we needed to win, our FBs or Wide Backs (as Wenger calls them) went forward.

Also, Leicester play counter attacking football, they do it by defending in numbers, but we want 3 points. You do not win by seating. Leicester had 9 defending, you must have numbers attacking to open the defence. Arsenal's main form of defence was to press high up and in numbers. You cannot do that by seating deep.

We won, but not one word of credit to the Manager. Instead, moans and groans plus ITK coaching sessions from a failed and wannabe Manager.

Credit to Wenger most of all, in trouble he made the moves that won it. His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved. So all this BS about defending does not wash with me.
:???: :scared: Are you serious? You are always giving tactical lessons here. Where have coached and what have you won. So only those that have coached and won something can make valid comments about the game?

You don't seem to get it. You think it is just about the Leicester game. Yes Arsenal won but some of us are still seeing the same shortcomings that have plagued the Arsenal for many years still present in the team. From past experience, there will be many games this season when Arsenal will be in a similar situation brought about by these same lapses and they will not win the game. Keep attacking the messenger as you usually do and ignore the message. We all know what will happen to the Arsenal come February.

Personally, the one transfer that would have given me optimism for the new season did not happen: shipping out the manager for someone better. So far all the signs indicate that it will be the same for the Arsenal as it has been for some time now.
I explain tactics, I dont give lessons. I hope you understand the difference. Besides explaining tactics is with hindsight is different to knowing better with hindsight. Henry has his badges, like Shearer but they are not in a position to postulate like they know better than Wenger. Even Henry's observations about the FBs and Midfielders is hypocrisy and I explained why from his playing days under the same Manager.

I write what I see. I do not pretend to know better than the professionals who I always respect even when I disagree.

I stop here for now. You are 'Wenger out', man you lot are beyond ridiculous. I really have no time for you and your ilk. I'm sorry we won. I can see you are hurting.
More spin. You rubbished the opinion of the greatest player Arsenal has ever had and the best striker in the history of the premier league just because they hold a position that is unflattering to Wenger who can do no wrong in your eyes. Both of these men have completed coaching badges, which you have not yet you come here ever so often to talk tactics but their opinions are rubbish since they have never won anything as coaches? Are you for real?

The people that wanted Wenger out are not beyond ridiculous. If anything the people that want Wenger out, which going by CE as a representation of the fan base, are a vast majority of the Arsenal fan base cannot all be ignorant mugs that know nothing about the game. Anyway, I will let you and people of your ilk indulge in your yearly ritual of Wenger "worship" until things predictably go pear shaped in February.
Aniks has called you out for what you are. So I don't need to waste my time responding anymore. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Man you have anger issues. Wenger is truly a great man. See how he has reduced you lot to babies and the proverbial toys in the pram. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now go stick it up where the sun don't shine. That's where you and your ilk belong. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
He has a budget. Board will not release funds until he is within his budget. He has to sell or loan out players.
Budget in terms of transfer fees or budget in terms of wages?

If one looks at players acquired and players sold Arsenal current expenditure is around 32 MP, suffice it to say Arsenal reported expenditure prior top the summer even before players were sold exceeded 32 MP.

IMO at the moment AW is simply unable to land players he desires i.e Lemar and Seri and...to be fair to AW he may no longer covet plan B or C options as he did last seasons in likes of Perez and Gabriel who are now expendable.

Now I will get torn to shreds for saying this but I don't expect Arsenal to challenge for the PL as currently constituted but it's not the end of the world. Frankly my hope is AW uses this season to use building block for next season, bleed in talent like Nelson, get Lacazette humming, solidify defensive cohension and set groundwork for a post Sanchez, OX and potentially Ozil era.

This should be a bridge season i.e 96/96 and 00-01, in those seasons Arsenal finished miles behind Man Utd in PL title chase but AW used it as process to build a squad that wold be perennial PL title challengers. IMO just to much going on at Arsenal on and off the pitch to expect a legit PL tile challenge this season.

For me a good season is Third in the PL and legit cup runs in both the Europa league and FA cup.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

If one looks at players acquired and players sold Arsenal current expenditure is around 32 MP, suffice it to say Arsenal reported expenditure prior top the summer even before players were sold exceeded 32 MP.

IMO at the moment AW is simply unable to land players he desires i.e Lemar and Seri and...to be fair to AW he may no longer covet plan B or C options as he did last seasons in likes of Perez and Gabriel who are now expendable.

Now I will get torn to shreds for saying this but I don't expect Arsenal to challenge for the PL as currently constituted but it's not the end of the world. Frankly my hope is AW uses this season to use building block for next season, bleed in talent like Nelson, get Lacazette humming, solidify defensive cohension and set groundwork for a post Sanchez, OX and potentially Ozil era.

This should be a bridge season i.e 96/96 and 00-01, in those seasons Arsenal finished miles behind Man Utd in PL title chase but AW used it as process to build a squad that wold be perennial PL title challengers. IMO just to much going on at Arsenal on and off the pitch to expect a legit PL tile challenge this season.

For me a good season is Third in the PL and legit cup runs in both the Europa league and FA cup.

Wenger is out of time and out of excuses please ... no more mulligans

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Wenger is out of time and out of excuses please ... no more mulligans
He sure as hell is not out of time, AW has 2 more years left at Arsenal..AT LEAST.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

This project called Arsenal & the gaffer Arsene need an enforced divorce. We've a gambler for coach, what about trying a non-gambler for starters.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.