The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

This girl is she from Naija?
Please help promote her,she is our beloved sister
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Kajifu:
Updates from espnfc.com: Sanchez could join City by the Week-end.

my brother, If a player wants to leave, why do we want to keep him around? That's my question. Cut your losses, move on.
Sanchez DOES NOT WANT TO BE AT ARSENAL. Which language should he speak?
Wenger must re-invest the money in January and get on the transfer market and spend it.
Plenty of players are available. He needs to have the courage and the guts to pull the trigger.

Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez could complete a move to Manchester City by the end of the week after the two clubs opened talks over a deal, sources have told ESPN FC.
The Gunners have given up on trying to persuade Sanchez, 29, to sign a new contract at the Etihad Stadium, with the Chilean out of contract in the summer.
Sanchez has made it clear that he wants to join up with Guardiola at City and ESPN FC has been told that Arsenal have decided to accept a transfer fee now rather than let him leave for free at the end of his contract.
City were prepared to wait until the summer but were left with just Sergio Aguero as a recognised striker when Gabriel Jesus suffered a knee ligament injury that will rule him out for around six weeks.

Source:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bepanda wrote:Kajifu,
Yes, there is some good news.
Man City is more and more confident that they will land Sanchez this January transfer window. You can read here.
I believe the espnfc.com sources are pretty reliable. We can start saying goodbye to Sanchez. We will sell him at 1/2 the price we could have back in August.
Think about this for a minute. A coach working on a very strict budget (of $80 millions) was given the opportunity to sell a player who clearly didn't want to be here to raise money to buy players, who want to be here. Instead, he refuses to sell the player (who could have doubled his budget), undermining his own budget and creating problems in the locker room. Please explain me the logic behind someone thinking like that. Does it make any sense to you?
In addition, every game, he removes the players who will be around long term (Lacazette), instead he keeps guys who will be gone in January/Summer on the pitch (Ozil and Sanchez). If Wenger sold Sanchez, Ozil, The Ox, Gabriel, Perez, Walcott and the Costa Rican in the summer, he could have easily raised 200+ millions.
If you are the boss of a company and some of your employees tell you, they don't like your program and will be moving to a rivals company. Would you keep them around? Why can't you buy and train new talent to replace them long term? What type of leadership is this?
Apparently, Mourinho is ready to make an offer for Ozil. Not sure how credible this is ... but it is in the news as well.
West Ham wants Coquelin. I'm sure we can fetch $2M for Per Mertesacker/Holding/Debuchy. There are teams desperate for guys like that.
Wenger should get ride of dead weight and either play young boys or actively get on the market.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Beloved fans any good news?
I salute you all
Arsenal's Francis Coquelin in talks over a move to Valencia
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... encia.html

Per has a job waiting with the club - why not start 6months early? Debuchy wants out - might be part of the Evans to Arsenal deal.
Holding needs a good loan move - but we don't seem to be replacing those leaving.
Wenger just bought this guy as one of the new defender Arsenal have signed defender Konstantinos Mavropanos from Greek side PAS Giannina for an undisclosed fee.
Looks like the kid will be going to Germany on loan
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5297238/f ... up-defeat/

Iwobi partying till 3am, hours before Forest game.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5297238/f ... up-defeat/

didn't affect his performance, according to those with advanced footie knowledge. He was supposedly spraying incisive passes all over the field.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Kajifu:

my brother, If a player wants to leave, why do we want to keep him around? That's my question. Cut your losses, move on.
Wenger must re-invest the money in January and get on the transfer market and spend it.
Plenty of players are available. He needs to have the courage and the guts to pull the trigger.

Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez could complete a move to Manchester City by the end of the week after the two clubs opened talks over a deal, sources have told ESPN FC.
The Gunners have given up on trying to persuade Sanchez, 29, to sign a new contract at the Etihad Stadium, with the Chilean out of contract in the summer.
Sanchez has made it clear that he wants to join up with Guardiola at City and ESPN FC has been told that Arsenal have decided to accept a transfer fee now rather than let him leave for free at the end of his contract.
City were prepared to wait until the summer but were left with just Sergio Aguero as a recognised striker when Gabriel Jesus suffered a knee ligament injury that will rule him out for around six weeks.

Source:

If you succumb to every players' demand to leave - it'll be payola for agents - Money laundering central. Fellaini, Barkley(now Chelsea) & a few others have chosen to run down their contracts & as JM said, it about sick wages.
I supported keeping Ozil & Alexis but fully hoped we'll bring in several bigname matchwinners to shake up that dressing room. Go back to the last days of Frank Rijkaard's Barca - Eto'o vs Ronaldinho factions & tensions totally undermining team unity - Titi arrives & totally weakens the power of the cliques.He owed none of them loyalty & was big enough a personality to be himself.
We've come to rely too much on Alexis - that sort of gamble as we see with CR(Real Madrid) & for a while Barca with aging Xavi, injury plagued Iniesta - you always end up going to the well once too often. I like the direction of Barca & the business Pep did at the beginning of the season.
Watching the Co-Fed cup in Russia this past summer - the Chile team led by Alexis & Arturo looked weary from endless offseason tourneys be it COPA or whatever - they lost to a young Germany. Alexis in my view might be physically sharper next season due to missing the WC but i also think Defenses have him figured out - ManU had him man marked while the Spurs defender who was given a foul against him was unlucky. Pep needs insurance over the inevitable split of Aguerro - Alexis isn't an automatic starter with this ManC team
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

didn't affect his performance, according to those with advanced footie knowledge. He was supposedly spraying incisive passes all over the field.
Should he have been in bed,? Yeah. Just getting tired of the same people pushing Jack despite his serious issues making this kid our main problem We were a mess all over the pitch - maybe Welbeck & TW would've been better off partying.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Per Mertesacker keeps fining Alex Iwobi for lateness. Jack Wilshere reveals all about his Arsenal teammates. Who always turns up late for away games? Now we know why he is crap.

[/video]
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

realtrouble wrote:

Per Mertesacker keeps fining Alex Iwobi for lateness. Jack Wilshere reveals all about his Arsenal teammates. Who always turns up late for away games? Now we know why he is crap.

[/video]
Lets not just blame him for all this,Most beloved players have been crap,i just hope Jay Jay is reading this and help the kid but the good news he is one of the few on time when playing for Naija.Is this the case of he want to leave since Monaco begging to sign him?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Kajifu:

Source:
Dam so Alex might be a city players by next week?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

That is very wrong of him. Any player that does this needs to be spoken to!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kajifu wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

[/video]
Lets not just blame him for all this,Most beloved players have been crap,i just hope Jay Jay is reading this and help the kid but the good news he is one of the few on time when playing for Naija. Is this the case of he want to leave since Monaco begging to sign him?
It shows a lack of professionalism on his part if it is true. Constantly coming late is not a good reputation to have.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

realtrouble wrote:

[/video]
I enjoyed Jack's insight into the preferences and behavior of his
team mates. I find it a bit uplifting in these dreary time.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

[/video]
Lets not just blame him for all this,Most beloved players have been crap,i just hope Jay Jay is reading this and help the kid but the good news he is one of the few on time when playing for Naija. Is this the case of he want to leave since Monaco begging to sign him?
It shows a lack of professionalism on his part if it is true. Constantly coming late is not a good reputation to have.

Influenced by JJ to miss his way to trainings?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
charlie wrote:[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ok, abeg who be de forummite who dey rep Naija for this video?
Wafffiman??!!!! Na u bia?!

Nah, thats kelechi. Waffi is the guy called Ty, I believe. The guy ALWAYS defends Wenger no matter what. Even when everybody is crying after the loss, that guy will come and tell you that you didn't see what you thought you saw :woot: :woot: :woot:
Hahaha. Ty is a very good friend of mine. I have known him since time. He is a great guy.

This one thing you guys will eventually learn about this YouTube channel. There is a lot of acting and staging going on there. There is also some real people with real opinions.

Ty was actually one of the organisers of the first 'Wenger out' protests. I remember when he gave me a 'Wenger Out' leaflet in a pub. I refused it and we argued. He wants Wenger to go, but he is respectful and grateful to him. Ty na my man, n.a. top man.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Alex used to be the first in training. He is going through a phase, he will be fine. In the modern game you cannot mix staying up late and football. He is lucky, he has a very understanding man as Manager. Iwobi is very professional.

As for the Sun and their report. I know Alex should not give them a reason, I also know those reports are not true, indeed most of it are false, e.g. Alex was at a friend's house on Friday night.

Also, many young players do the same and worse, it is never a back page splash in their papers. I say fark them lying bast***s.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nah, thats kelechi. Waffi is the guy called Ty, I believe. The guy ALWAYS defends Wenger no matter what. Even when everybody is crying after the loss, that guy will come and tell you that you didn't see what you thought you saw :woot: :woot: :woot:
Hahaha. Ty is a very good friend of mine. I have known him since time. He is a great guy.

This one thing you guys will eventually learn about this YouTube channel. There is a lot of acting and staging going on there. There is also some real people with real opinions.

Ty was actually one of the organisers of the first 'Wenger out' protests. I remember when he gave me a 'Wenger Out' leaflet in a pub. I refused it and we argued. He wants Wenger to go, but he is respectful and grateful to him. Ty na my man, n.a. top man.
Ty is a joker. Like you, he never answers straight questions. He'll defend Wenger to the death, even if he got arsenal relegated from the leaue
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Ty is a joker. Like you, he never answers straight questions. He'll defend Wenger to the death, even if he got arsenal relegated from the leaue
You mean you never answer straight questions. Look who's talking. This Spuds lot just don't realise how bad they are.

Ty is doing well financially from his image. Don't worry about that. Seat with the real TY on a train or bus to an Arsenal away game, you see a man mad about Arsenal. Runs deep into his soul. Seat and have a drink with him away from Arsenal, you see a completely different person.

I know a few who want Wenger gone, but will never come out and say so for reasons like they resent and despise those Wenger outers, who chanted wishing Wenger got cancer and his daughter raped. There are many who do not want to be associated with these people, so publicly they defend the man.

I have explained all these complications here amongst fans. I know Ty's private position. Just like people who know me personally here know my private position on many things Arsenal. But will defend a position on CE doggedly cos of the scorn and contempt I hold for some here.

My bro, you na man wey get am nor be small even if you support Spuds. You know not ever take social media persona and position as real, especially on issues that can be very complicated.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai you guys go kill person with laugh,honestly I doubt TY is one of the first organisers of Wenger Out,if true what has change him to defend the man and never call him out for a second?Either on Wenger pay check but doubt it,even oyibo that first support Arsenal will not defend this way TY does
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hmmm in another news our former player don open restaurant.

Lukas Podolski super-fans 'queue for five hours' in Cologne to see their hero opening his new kebab shop
Lukas Podolski opens new restaurant called Mangal Doener in his hometown
The former Arsenal star was greeted by 1,000 fans as he opened the kebab shop
Podolski cut meat and handed out kebabs to celebrate the restaurant's opening

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z53j1bqooH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I am sure this is me.. but I dont get the Jonny Evans 25 million Pounds rumour o ..he is 30 years old !!

We dashed out Gabriel ..and we have other options in my opinion ..why not go for Harry Maguire ( 24 ) or James Tarkowski (25 ) for less money ?

Btw I thought we had hopes in Chambers and The greek phenomenon... This Jonny Evans deal I no want o .
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:I am sure this is me.. but I dont get the Jonny Evans 25 million Pounds rumour o ..he is 30 years old !!

We dashed out Gabriel ..and we have other options in my opinion ..why not go for Harry Maguire ( 24 ) or James Tarkowski (25 ) for less money ?

Btw I thought we had hopes in Chambers and The greek phenomenon... This Jonny Evans deal I no want o .

Arsenal would be fo0lish to do that kind of deal. Anyway, we give our top players to Man U, and accept their rejects in return.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:I am sure this is me.. but I dont get the Jonny Evans 25 million Pounds rumour o ..he is 30 years old !!

You think Burnley will just give you the player?Arsenal w ill not sign Evans not interested,what is the difference between Evans and Babriel we allow to go?
Did not someone was backing Chambers for doing well?So why bring Evans if Chambers is not that bad?
The club is badly run and hopefully is Wenger last year at the club,just not good enough to manage the team.At his age he can be a director of football do other stuff and make sure the youth teams are running good but first team management he is just not good.
Leicester win league some say they have no European distraction and same with Chelsea.How come our first team not playing in Europe yet we are way behind 5 teams that are playing first team football in Europe?