The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Cally »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Cally wrote:Just came back from church and lunch with family. I didn't watch most of the second half, but heard we fell apart. Just terrible. Thanks to those that were objective enough to defend my first half analysis, which was MY opinion by the ways.

There's no doubt that our club needs some serious change. I hope those changes are made sooner than later cause the results will be catastrophic if not made.
My Bro you be correct man but we did not play well in the first half , rather Bournemouth was badddddd and that made us look good, there is a reason they were fighting in the bottom of the league.

In the second half as soon as they managed to string a few passes together - we had it.

AMN who had not been bad at the LB position was schooled incessantly by Ibe and you could see that it was a matter of time before they broke through on that side one goal from there and the second from Ibe who AMN did not track , I recall Aniks saying were was welbeck in the first half to help AMN .. but all na tory now we lost we should lick our wounds and move to the next game.
Fair call, bro.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cally wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Cally wrote:Just came back from church and lunch with family. I didn't watch most of the second half, but heard we fell apart. Just terrible. Thanks to those that were objective enough to defend my first half analysis, which was MY opinion by the ways.

There's no doubt that our club needs some serious change. I hope those changes are made sooner than later cause the results will be catastrophic if not made.
My Bro you be correct man but we did not play well in the first half , rather Bournemouth was badddddd and that made us look good, there is a reason they were fighting in the bottom of the league.

In the second half as soon as they managed to string a few passes together - we had it.

AMN who had not been bad at the LB position was schooled incessantly by Ibe and you could see that it was a matter of time before they broke through on that side one goal from there and the second from Ibe who AMN did not track , I recall Aniks saying were was welbeck in the first half to help AMN .. but all na tory now we lost we should lick our wounds and move to the next game.
Fair call, bro.
Oga Cally, you were in a charitable mood as you were preparing for church. Otherwise, you for no rate them that well. I share Siddonlook's sentiments re 1st half.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Fair call, bro.
Oga Cally, you were in a charitable mood as you were preparing for church. Otherwise, you for no rate them that well. I share Siddonlook's sentiments re 1st half.
Chief O! Abeg take am easy with your attacks on our players Biko. The attacks have become incessant. I guess say na frustration. I just went through the Pool V City thread, and Arsenal fans jus dey hammer our club at every instance. Easy abeg. I share your frustrations too, my brother.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Curious to see how Lacazette fits in if the Aubameyang rumors are true. Does he get shifted out wide in the Sanchez role or get benched? He had a brilliant season for Lyon playing out wide/support striker with Gomis as the point man
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:@Barrington Danfo, any rightback coming in would impact on My Son's development as a scantily clad, Donatella Milan. No thanks. As for two defensive midfielders, not only does Beloved not play with such, but Cazorla comes back next season, deep-lying, Renee and Willock slot either side, Jack moves into number 10 and Mavrapopoudopoulos is the new Steve Bould. If anything, Beloved just needs a break from the biased officiating that has cost us 12 titles in 12 years.
I know sey you dey play, but make i still respond, seriously :D :lol:

Your son is one of the worst right backs I have ever seen. He is at best a back up for a serious team.

Carzola is 33 and I dont believe he has played since 2016. If Arsenal is relying on this player, on the long term, then Arsenal is truly finished!

what are you trying to say? Were we "finished" when we waited for Rosiscky and Diaby? Ok, never mind. We were finished :oops: :oops: :oops:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I snuck into the main city fan forum and they are absolutely gutted and furious that United appear poised to get Alexis. Personally i would demand for Rashford or Martial plus cash .... but Mourinho out of spite might tell Wenger to fark off :rotf:

Then AW should tell The Coward to Fack off and dash Alexis to City.
:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Where is Alexis? Hope he doesn't catch the wrong bus in Manchester.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

£40 million from Ox, £12 million from Coq, £15 million Gabriel, and potential £30 from Sanchez, that is nearly £100 million to play with.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

realtrouble wrote:£40 million from Ox, £12 million from Coq, £15 million Gabriel, and potential £30 from Sanchez, that is nearly £100 million to play with.
and 30 MP for Theo.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
realtrouble wrote:£40 million from Ox, £12 million from Coq, £15 million Gabriel, and potential £30 from Sanchez, that is nearly £100 million to play with.
and 30 MP for Theo.

Nothing for Mezut :woot: ?

Just asking nicely :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Watch them pocket the money and say they cant find quality players to buy.
And please disregard those Aube and Malcolm rumours. They are just rumours leaked intentionally after a dismal outing.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
and 30 MP for Theo.

I will keep Mezut, but we desperately require a replacement for Xhaxa
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Oxlade Chamberlain who was considered to be either useless or stagnant seems to be doing quite well at liverpool. he already scored same amount of goals as he scored for arsenal in 71 games.....that thing called coaching actually works...unlike at the circus where the manager has the audacity to say stuff like this after another circus show...'We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don’t know where they came from', :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

bk-one wrote:Oxlade Chamberlain who was considered to be either useless or stagnant seems to be doing quite well at liverpool. he already scored same amount of goals as he scored for arsenal in 71 games.....that thing called coaching actually works...unlike at the circus where the manager has the audacity to say stuff like this after another circus show...'We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don’t know where they came from', :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
must be nice to collect 8 million & you still don't know where those goals came from :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
and 30 MP for Theo.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Any team that pays this for Walcott needs to be relegated.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
and 30 MP for Theo.

I will keep Mezut, but we desperately require a replacement for Xhaxa

Keep Mezut to do what? Stroll around on the field? We have Xhaka To do that
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bouncino wrote:
Watch them pocket the money and say they cant find quality players to buy.
And please disregard those Aube and Malcolm rumours. They are just rumours leaked intentionally after a dismal outing.

Very plausible.

Anyway, I am waiting of Waffi to come and give us inside gist.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"very low level." Odiegwu! :D
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

But they are playing with it - in the US, PARTYING and laughing at the useless mugoon supporters crying in their gari on youtube :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:

But they are playing with it - in the US, PARTYING and laughing at the useless mugoon supporters crying in their gari on youtube :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Palm Wine Tapper you mean the same way una use the Bale money to win absolutely nothing? Okay keep drinking ya rotten product :woot: muppet :mrgreen:

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

danfo driver wrote: "very low level." Odiegwu! :D
I'm sure things are being exaggerated and he is likely stalling for a payout but fact is Arsenal today will struggle to land stars without offering stupid money. Eg. if you are Thomas Lemar, why on earth would you pick Arsenal over Liverpool unless we offered crazy wages?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

danfo driver wrote: "very low level." Odiegwu! :D
I doubt Arsenal will be interested in taking on a £200k p/w bench warmer to Arsenal.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

bk-one wrote:Oxlade Chamberlain who was considered to be either useless or stagnant seems to be doing quite well at liverpool. he already scored same amount of goals as he scored for arsenal in 71 games.....that thing called coaching actually works...unlike at the circus where the manager has the audacity to say stuff like this after another circus show...'We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don’t know where they came from', :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2010–2011 Southampton 36 (9)
2011–2017 Arsenal 132 (9)
2017– Liverpool 20 (3)