The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:Granite Shaka is a FANTASTIC player.
IMHO, there is no denying he belongs in the top tier of the league's midfielders. In recent games he has shown his true worth and quality against City, Chelsea and ManU. He has been up against Kante Pogba etc and we now know he is up there with the very best and improving.

He has filled a gaping hole in that most important of positions and what he now needs, as I pointed out last season is a regular partner. He needs a regular partner in order to build chemistry. What we do not know for certain is if that partner is already at the club - Ramsey, Santi, ElNeny etc. etc. But despite this handicap of irregular partners, I predict, injuries permitting he will be widely hailed as one of the best if not the best in his position in the EPL. He is now a must in the first 11 for Arsenal and a big game player.

For now, I celebrate the new 'Controller' (Regista) at Arsenal and in London.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:sad: (Just saw a madman at eke umuofia rolling on the floor and laughing to himself)

Isnt it amazing what you see whenever you take the time to look in ya mirror :rotf: :lol: :lol:
You know what they say about arguing with mad people ...
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:Granite Shaka is a FANTASTIC player.
IMHO, there is no denying he belongs in the top tier of the league's midfielders. In recent games he has shown his true worth and quality against City, Chelsea and ManU. He has been up against Kante Pogba etc and we now know he is up there with the very best and improving.

He has filled a gaping hole in that most important of positions and what he now needs, as I pointed out last season is a regular partner. He needs a regular partner in order to build chemistry. What we do not know for certain is if that partner is already at the club - Ramsey, Santi, ElNeny etc. etc. But despite this handicap of irregular partners, I predict, injuries permitting he will be widely hailed as one of the best if not the best in his position in the EPL. He is now a must in the first 11 for Arsenal and a big game player.

For now, I celebrate the new 'Controller' (Regista) at Arsenal and in London.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:sad: (Just saw a madman at eke umuofia rolling on the floor and laughing to himself)

Isnt it amazing what you see whenever you take the time to look in ya mirror :rotf: :lol: :lol:
You know what they say about arguing with mad people ...

Thanks for the good advice I'm adding you to my Ignore list ... Anuofia :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Something I posted on another thread from the RM v ManU game.

RM used the overload, they consistently worked the extra man into spaces they identified as position of weakness in ManU's system. Many teams will study this in the EPL.

RM just gave a tactical lesson on how to beat the defensive 3-4-3 of the EPL. But doing it without playing an attacking 3-4-3. Zidane played a Diamond 4-4-2 (some say narrow 4-3-3) cum 4-3-1-2 (which is effectively a reverse 3-4-2-1) hybrid. This offers inter changes leading to overloads in all the right places to take adv of the structural rigidity of Mourinho ultra defensive system.

Zidane's 4-4-2 diamond had Isco at the top or head of the diamond or the "false" winger. The wide striker is Benzema who alternates with Isco. This leaves two forwards to face 3 CBs instead of one. Ideally the wide forward has serious end product ala Cristiano Ronaldo. Arsenal have Sanchez.

The false winger (i.e. Isco/Asensio) can also tuck into CM and overload as a 4th Central Midfielder creating a 4v2 in Midfield. Mourinho was forced to beef up the CM position to counter this tactical ploy of RM.

Some say it is a "false" 10. Why? The movement is between the wing/wide positon and number 10 hole, with the freedom to drop deeper into midfield if needed. Arsenal do this with Ozil, but he can be lazy and is often exploited defensively. But I noted with keen interest, Wenger asked Iwobi to play this role in the Community Shield, he excelled in patches and had a good game. Hint for the future perhaps.

Basically, Neymar and Suarez used similar system in 14-15, with Messi tucking in as a 10 and they swept the Board. But Barca have a slight variation that makes them more fluid than most. They use Busquets as an auxiliary Centre Half to make a 3 at the back when needed.

Both ManU and RM's systems are highly structured and rigid, with the main difference being, Zidane has structure and rigidity as its foundation whilst Mourinho's is all structure and rigidity with hardly any freedom for the players to express themselves. The players are fitted in the straight jacket of the system's structure and rigidity which they must stick to at all times. The system relies heavily on the quality of the players when they get their chance, by mainly forcing mistakes from their opponent, and not on creative, open attacking play. Conte is similar to Mourinho in mindset.

But you must be fair to these guys. Their teams get the job done most of the time, they get the first goal, then you are in serious trouble. When you are forced to take risks looking for the equaliser, more often than not, they slaughter you, before you blink you are 4 goals down.

They are particularly effective against middle and lower ranked teams, who are dispatched with ruthless efficiency. More attacking systems and their teams are more prone to getting exposed against middle ranked teams than Conte and Mourinho like defensive systems.

For Mourinho, it is a military exercise with results being the end that justifies the means. But Zidane trust his players and allows them some freedom to play and express themselves within the system's rigid structure.

Unlike Arsenal players who get carried away in possession, then their structure/shape collapses, they lose the ball, they are picked off and they start blaming each other. RM under Zidane, with their so called superstars, who are mainly attacking players by instinct, maintain their structure/shape because they are disciplined with everyone including Ronaldo working very hard without the ball.

IMHO, football is all about the players, not Managers, systems, formations and tactics. It is one thing having all the systems, formations and tactics, but in the final analysis, you need the players with the ability, willingness, belief and character to implement on the pitch. Not trying to dismiss the importance of systems, formations and tactics, they are of course important but no systems, formations and tactic can win games and trophies without the right players.

True! It is fair to say Zidane would not have won if he had Lingard, Felaini etc etc. Also, easy to say Zidane is fortunate, he is at RM and has in each position, the best or top 5 players in each position in the game. Tony Adams made this point and to an extent, he is right, but we must forget you have to get these players to play, and many of the world's great Coaches often fail at RM because they were unable to convince the players into buying into their ideas. We must give credit where it is due. This is what Zidane, with his presence as an ex-player all time great, has instilled at RM. Who are those players compared to him? I bet he is still RM's best player in training.

RM are looking very good to dominate this season with Barca running out of time for players to replace Neymar.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wenger says Alexis has joined the walking wounded and will miss the opener ... smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Based on absentees potential 11 vs Leicester

Cech

Mustafi---Holding---Monreal

OX---Xhaka--El Neny--Kolasinac

Iwobi----Lacazette---Welbeck
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Based on absentees potential 11 vs Leicester

Cech

Is Mustafi fit to go?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Robbynice wrote:

Cech

Is Mustafi fit to go?
He is not injured so he better play. Old man Vidal has been playing for Bayern for 3 weeks now after playing in the same Confederations Cup tournament
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Arsenal vs Chelsea: Tactical Analysis [FA Community Shield]

Not a bad breakdown at all!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Not to cause an argument among certain CE but...word is N'Zonzi has handed in a transfer request and that one of his suitors is..wait for it.....Arsenal.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Detective Bunk Moreland

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Cech

Ox & Hector @wingbacks - Kola_Monreal_Holding(backline)
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Not to cause an argument among certain CE but...word is N'Zonzi has handed in a transfer request and that one of his suitors is..wait for it.....Arsenal.

It would make my season if this was true and he came to Arsenal but I can't allow myself to believe that .... would take him any day over our overrated Swiss Danny Drinkwater :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:Something I posted on another thread from the RM v ManU game.

RM used the overload, they consistently worked the extra man into spaces they identified as position of weakness in ManU's system. Many teams will study this in the EPL.

RM just gave a tactical lesson on how to beat the defensive 3-4-3 of the EPL. But doing it without playing an attacking 3-4-3. Zidane played a Diamond 4-4-2 (some say narrow 4-3-3) cum 4-3-1-2 (which is effectively a reverse 3-4-2-1) hybrid. This offers inter changes leading to overloads in all the right places to take adv of the structural rigidity of Mourinho ultra defensive system.

Zidane's 4-4-2 diamond had Isco at the top or head of the diamond or the "false" winger. The wide striker is Benzema who alternates with Isco. This leaves two forwards to face 3 CBs instead of one. Ideally the wide forward has serious end product ala Cristiano Ronaldo. Arsenal have Sanchez.

The false winger (i.e. Isco/Asensio) can also tuck into CM and overload as a 4th Central Midfielder creating a 4v2 in Midfield. Mourinho was forced to beef up the CM position to counter this tactical ploy of RM.

Some say it is a "false" 10. Why? The movement is between the wing/wide positon and number 10 hole, with the freedom to drop deeper into midfield if needed. Arsenal do this with Ozil, but he can be lazy and is often exploited defensively. But I noted with keen interest, Wenger asked Iwobi to play this role in the Community Shield, he excelled in patches and had a good game. Hint for the future perhaps.

Basically, Neymar and Suarez used similar system in 14-15, with Messi tucking in as a 10 and they swept the Board. But Barca have a slight variation that makes them more fluid than most. They use Busquets as an auxiliary Centre Half to make a 3 at the back when needed.

Both ManU and RM's systems are highly structured and rigid, with the main difference being, Zidane has structure and rigidity as its foundation whilst Mourinho's is all structure and rigidity with hardly any freedom for the players to express themselves. The players are fitted in the straight jacket of the system's structure and rigidity which they must stick to at all times. The system relies heavily on the quality of the players when they get their chance, by mainly forcing mistakes from their opponent, and not on creative, open attacking play. Conte is similar to Mourinho in mindset.

But you must be fair to these guys. Their teams get the job done most of the time, they get the first goal, then you are in serious trouble. When you are forced to take risks looking for the equaliser, more often than not, they slaughter you, before you blink you are 4 goals down.

They are particularly effective against middle and lower ranked teams, who are dispatched with ruthless efficiency. More attacking systems and their teams are more prone to getting exposed against middle ranked teams than Conte and Mourinho like defensive systems.

For Mourinho, it is a military exercise with results being the end that justifies the means. But Zidane trust his players and allows them some freedom to play and express themselves within the system's rigid structure.

Unlike Arsenal players who get carried away in possession, then their structure/shape collapses, they lose the ball, they are picked off and they start blaming each other. RM under Zidane, with their so called superstars, who are mainly attacking players by instinct, maintain their structure/shape because they are disciplined with everyone including Ronaldo working very hard without the ball.

IMHO, football is all about the players, not Managers, systems, formations and tactics. It is one thing having all the systems, formations and tactics, but in the final analysis, you need the players with the ability, willingness, belief and character to implement on the pitch. Not trying to dismiss the importance of systems, formations and tactics, they are of course important but no systems, formations and tactic can win games and trophies without the right players.

True! It is fair to say Zidane would not have won if he had Lingard, Felaini etc etc. Also, easy to say Zidane is fortunate, he is at RM and has in each position, the best or top 5 players in each position in the game. Tony Adams made this point and to an extent, he is right, but we must forget you have to get these players to play, and many of the world's great Coaches often fail at RM because they were unable to convince the players into buying into their ideas. We must give credit where it is due. This is what Zidane, with his presence as an ex-player all time great, has instilled at RM. Who are those players compared to him? I bet he is still RM's best player in training.

RM are looking very good to dominate this season with Barca running out of time for players to replace Neymar.
The gulf in class between Zlatan & Lukaku is all too obvious in matches like this - link up play, authority to tell their midfielders to get
with the program.
Pogba looked too self-indulgent trying to pull all-world moves instead of simple passes while one struggles to remember the contributions
of Mkhitaryan.
There seemed a disconnect between the Manu midfield & frontline while RealM seemed to have both options & purpose on the ball most of the time.
On players & gaffers - Zizou's been afforded all manner of leeway in areas where Rafa couldn't get a sniff. The crowd & media were on Rafa about team selections whenever he had a defensive 2 in midfield - Zizou comes in, plays a lot of counterattack, now players ain't too proud to keep shape and do the hardwork......many of us weren't expecting Zizou to be as pragmatic as he has been but the normally too proud to be defensive RM crowd are deeply Ray Charles now.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Not to cause an argument among certain CE but...word is N'Zonzi has handed in a transfer request and that one of his suitors is..wait for it.....Arsenal.

It would make my season if this was true and he came to Arsenal but I can't allow myself to believe that .... would take him any day over our overrated Swiss Danny Drinkwater :taunt: :taunt:
Dude, this ain't one to play about - are you sure?
I highly rate the kid - people must appreciate that La Liga has been great education for him - he's a lot more complete - one transfer that moves us up that table. He knows our league - the gutter end of it too.
Immo go back to calm - you got me buzzed dawg.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Link please?Also as some CE said he does not fit into our system,what says you to those share holder that knows our club well as they said?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:

Link please?Also as some CE said he does not fit into our system,what says you to those share holder that knows our club well as they said?
It's all over social media but here is one link.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/t ... s-13455334
Detective Bunk Moreland

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

KAiiii Nzonzi and ElNeny in the center of the park :woot: You more or less own the Middle of the field and can even accommodate loafers like Ozil or Mahrez :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Meanwhile ESPN reporting that Chelsea is Getting ready to offer 35Million Euros for the Ox. That's a lot of quid for a talented but inconsistent player with one year left on his contract. I say cash in only if we have a quality replacement lined up. Ox versatity will be missed as we are likely to need 2 players to replace what he brings....a wide MF and a back up RB/wing back unless Wenger is ready to unleash Reiss Nelson
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

anikulapo wrote:KAiiii Nzonzi and ElNeny in the center of the park :woot: You more or less own the Middle of the field and can even accommodate loafers like Ozil or Mahrez :taunt: :taunt:
Sign me up some Nzonzi! Send them Coq and Jack in kick-backs to facilitate the deal :taunt:
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people we are in trouble,Mike Dean is incharge of our opener.Hope the emirate crowd will not let him get away with his poor officiating.
We really need the 3 points as its been long we win our first game
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:

It's all over social media but here is one link.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/t ... s-13455334
Thanks :thumbs: but I doubt Wenger will sign him.I doubt Wenger will sign another MF
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Good news for Arsenal prior to PL opener vs Leicester....
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Barca acquisition of Dembele far more ominous for football then Neymar move to PSG.

Dortmund thought they landed a young star that would shine for 3-4 seasons, a talent that could help challenge Bayern for a few seasons, instead Barca swoops in and Dortmund aspirations with Dembele are kaputt in just one season. No doubt a big windfall for BVB $ wise but if Barca are willing to drop 100 mill on Dembele, it makes buying young elite talent an investment scheme with little benefit on the pitch.

If young Nelson becomes a star this season, the ability to retain such a talent even at that age has become exponentially more difficult.
Detective Bunk Moreland

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Good news for Arsenal prior to PL opener vs Leicester....
Is the news of Ramshyt and Ozil being fit really good? :roll:

MLK.