The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:Likely No Lloris or Alderwereild vs Toto ... hmmmm ok oh

City game is One I will certainly not be watching especially if, all well never mind :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Baba no worry you might not see the game but you will definitely hear great news ATF... :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:No Arsenal players for England’s friendlies ... even Ox is out of the mix :woot:
Have you watched England lately? They should be thankful they are not involved with that dross.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

When is Welbeck returning wish we going to have him against City.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:No Arsenal players for England’s friendlies ... even Ox is out of the mix :woot:
Truth be told no arsenal England player good enough now on current form to make the list.
Walcrap is not good,welbeck injured,Wilshere has played only 13 minutes in EPL.Not enough game to be consider
OX has been piss poor,it goes to show how stand still beloved has been.He would have get call off if he was playing for beloved because he will have been a starter with 3 at the back.
Most of Arsenal player will need to help the team get to a certain level this season to get a call up.So much better players than those English boys we have.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
Truth be told no arsenal England player good enough now on current form to make the list.
Walcrap is not good,welbeck injured,Wilshere has played only 13 minutes in EPL.Not enough game to be consider
OX has been piss poor,it goes to show how stand still beloved has been.He would have get call off if he was playing for beloved because he will have been a starter with 3 at the back.
Most of Arsenal player will need to help the team get to a certain level this season to get a call up.So much better players than those English boys we have.

So you would rather have Ruben Loftus Cheek who is playing for the worst team in the league or Jesse Limpguard over Wilshere? Tell me how many creative players are on that England team? Anyway England ain't going anywhere so whatever
Last edited by anikulapo on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ojafranpa wrote:When is Welbeck returning wish we going to have him against City.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... ble.php#c1

CONDITION EXPECTED RETURN
D Ospina Groin Strain November 5, 2017
D Welbeck same as above November 18, 2017
S Mustafi Thigh Strain Same as above

Danny & Mustafi back after international break!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsene Wenger says he “ideally” wants to keep Jack Wilshere and a set a December deadline to get his future resolved.

Midfielder Wilshere's contract is up next summer and his prospects appeared uncertain at the start of the season following his return from a loan spell at Bournemouth last term.

But he has regained form and fitness during this campaign to leave Wenger urging Gareth Southgate to hand him an England recall.

Wilshere has played just 13 minutes of Premier League football this season and made the rest of his appearances in the Europa League and EFL Cup.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... k-11449169
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Some if not most of you remember how hard SAF used to fight to keep his players from international call ups - our guys(Englsh) are getting matches above the reserve league level & they get time to rest up & prepare post international break. Not just in England, I bet Zizou will want some of his guys to miss international call ups. We've got a group of hungry cats ready for the rest of the season plus added fitness via Europa.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cazorla. Some of these players go thru footballing hell.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:Some if not most of you remember how hard SAF used to fight to keep his players from international call ups - our guys(Englsh) are getting matches above the reserve league level & they get time to rest up & prepare post international break. Not just in England, I bet Zizou will want some of his guys to miss international call ups. We've got a group of hungry cats ready for the rest of the season plus added fitness via Europa.
Please can you name the hungry players we have ready for the season?
Also which of our English players that you think deserved to be call for England duty?
Players any beloved fans will like stay from international duty will be Sanchez,KOS, Iwobi,SEAD,Xhaka what ever they call him,may be Ramsey the rest we have now are not even starter in their club like Laca,Belle,Monreal, etc Then you have the keeper who has retired,you have the big German.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:Cazorla. Some of these players go thru footballing hell.
Dam this football money no easy ooooh.
Santi I doubt will play again for beloved,it will surprise me if he play 5 games this season.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:Cazorla. Some of these players go thru footballing hell.
Dam this football money no easy ooooh.
Santi I doubt will play again for beloved,it will surprise me if he play 5 games this season.
totally botched surgery, don't understand why the Arsenal don't send any player that suffers a serious injury to Birmingham to renowned surgeon DR. James Andrews.

Multi billion $ club and yet santi getting chopped up like some piece of meat ready for the grill...How?

the Alabama Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center is 2nd to none in terms of successful surgery & rehab for athletes...where was Santi sent?

call a spade a spade Arsenal handling of Santi injury is beyond negligent. 8 surgeries on Achilles...Amateurish, almost criminal.

so at no point in Santi hellish situation, not after 3rd or 4TH surgery did anyone @ Arsenal think "superior surgeons required" shameful, negligent, criminal.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

my word reading that article on Santi...Santi has a legit case of medical malpractice. Totally botched surgeries by surgeon in England.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/premier-lea ... b4648.html
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:my word reading that article on Santi...Santi has a legit case of medical malpractice. Totally botched surgeries by surgeon in England.

Don't know about botched up surgery by surgeons in England. There are 2 sides to every story, so it is wrong to make such conclusions. I heard, he had an infection to the wound and things got worse from there cos the wound will not heal. Is this down to the Surgeon? We don't know, we do not have all the facts, so it wrong to start apportioning blame.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:Some if not most of you remember how hard SAF used to fight to keep his players from international call ups - our guys(Englsh) are getting matches above the reserve league level & they get time to rest up & prepare post international break. Not just in England, I bet Zizou will want some of his guys to miss international call ups. We've got a group of hungry cats ready for the rest of the season plus added fitness via Europa.
Please can you name the hungry players we have ready for the season?
Also which of our English players that you think deserved to be call for England duty?
Players any beloved fans will like stay from international duty will be Sanchez,KOS, Iwobi,SEAD,Xhaka what ever they call him,may be Ramsey the rest we have now are not even starter in their club like Laca,Belle,Monreal, etc Then you have the keeper who has retired,you have the big German.
Dude, you're all over the place - every player who harps on about playing for their country vs club starts(Giroud, Wilshire for example) needs to give the gaffer reasons to want them - that comes from hunger & performance.
Most beloved Gooners & England fans want our players in the squad - they put a lot of stock into that sorta thing.
Pls note that for the past few weeks when many here & elsewhere were making Zizou outta Jack - I was that voice not dancing.
You need more than your marque players not playing international - but then national FAs need to make money & most of the guys on your list have been playing once a week cos AW keeps them from Europa so expect them to play big mins for their countries.
You need the Welbecks & co after the break to help propel the team forward
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:my word reading that article on Santi...Santi has a legit case of medical malpractice. Totally botched surgeries by surgeon in England.

Very sad if its true,i remember coach was saying the samething about Jack angle not been treated well by beloved.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:

Don't know about botched up surgery by surgeons in England. There are 2 sides to every story, so it is wrong to make such conclusions. I heard, he had an infection to the wound and things got worse from there cos the wound will not heal. Is this down to the Surgeon? We don't know, we do not have all the facts, so it wrong to start apportioning blame.
Yes, gangrene. There need to be serious questions though...when a premier athlete gets gangrene after surgery, someone is failing big time. Heck, if my pikin get gangrene, I need to face serious questions as a parent not to talk of someone with access to the world's best. I see your point but I think TG is right, someone somewhere has been negligent.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Yes, gangrene. There need to be serious questions though...when a premier athlete gets gangrene after surgery, someone is failing big time. Heck, if my pikin get gangrene, I need to face serious questions as a parent not to talk of someone with access to the world's best. I see your point but I think TG is right, someone somewhere has been negligent.
Not saying someone, somewhere has not messed up. My point is, we should not conclude on such matters without the full facts. There is more than one side to this story. This injury, IMHO cost us the title when Leicester won it. The next season, he was scheduled for an operation in the summer, but it was delayed because they felt they could nurse and manage the healing naturally. It was going well, till he got a full on kick in that CL game. We would have been much closer to Chelsea and certainly be in the CL right now if he was fit.

So this cock up has had a major impact on us all, not just the player. I understand the need to point fingers but it is far more complicated than that.

My understanding is, the Achilles has healed ages ago despite 2 operations to fit it. The first operation did not correct all the problems because they was a tiny chipped bone between the tendon and the bone which was missed in the first operation. After the 2nd operation, which sorted the problem with the tendon, there came the problem with scar tissue, and that section of the wound refuse to heal, Why? We do not know but, I read a piece which talked about an infection, I understand it was resolved with a skin graft.

Meanwhile, the players muscles had wasted away and that leg became smaller than the other leg. Santi has been in the gym rebuilding his muscles. He talks of a return in January, which is very encouraging, but we all know it is still a long road back.

The doctors even admit it was the first time they had seen his type of condition. The whole thing reminded me of Rocisky who also had a unique injury which medical doctors had not seen before.Nice touch by Arsenal to renew his contract.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Wenger in!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Y'all see the sleekness of AW - with all the noise for Wilshire starting for Arsenal - Le Prof says the blockers/competition are Ozil & Alexis -
that's throwing a spanner in the works.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Not saying someone, somewhere has not messed up. My point is, we should not conclude on such matters without the full facts. There is more than one side to this story. This injury, IMHO cost us the title when Leicester won it. The next season, he was scheduled for an operation in the summer, but it was delayed because they felt they could nurse and manage the healing naturally. It was going well, till he got a full on kick in that CL game. We would have been much closer to Chelsea and certainly be in the CL right now if he was fit.

So this cock up has had a major impact on us all, not just the player. I understand the need to point fingers but it is far more complicated than that.

My understanding is, the Achilles has healed ages ago despite 2 operations to fit it. The first operation did not correct all the problems because they was a tiny chipped bone between the tendon and the bone which was missed in the first operation. After the 2nd operation, which sorted the problem with the tendon, there came the problem with scar tissue, and that section of the wound refuse to heal, Why? We do not know but, I read a piece which talked about an infection, I understand it was resolved with a skin graft.

Meanwhile, the players muscles had wasted away and that leg became smaller than the other leg. Santi has been in the gym rebuilding his muscles. He talks of a return in January, which is very encouraging, but we all know it is still a long road back.

The doctors even admit it was the first time they had seen his type of condition. The whole thing reminded me of Rocisky who also had a unique injury which medical doctors had not seen before.Nice touch by Arsenal to renew his contract.
From a sporting perspective, it is gross mismanagement by Arsenal to renew deals constantly of players who clearly have serious injuries and cannot be counted on. Even worse, it is mad to fail to plan to move ahead without those players, we've seen it with several guys over the years who were counted on as contributors when it was clear to naked eyes that they'd struggle to contribute.

From a human perspective, this is why people respect Arsene Wenger. Loyalty. He's not leaving his guys out to hang dry.

Life is more than sports and especially businesses, it is great to see a club that stands by it's players. I wish they would have brought in replacements though. That would have been perfect.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:Y'all see the sleekness of AW - with all the noise for Wilshire starting for Arsenal - Le Prof says the blockers/competition are Ozil & Alexis -
that's throwing a spanner in the works.
I believed may be one of them will be gone next window and he likely want to used Wilshere as their replacement so he does not need to buy their replacement.