The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Xhaka might be even worse than Denison
Xhaka is worse. He cost more. Has no positional sense and no sense of urgency. Go watch the goal today. Compare and contrast the positioning of Xhaka to elneny in the build-up leading to the goal. One was intelligently positioning himself to be between the man on the ball and all possible passing options. The other was casually ball watching until it was too late, then made a lazy run towards the crosser. Every one knows which is which.

Me I will just drop Xhaka and play Elneny as a full time DM.

It’s the most obvious move much like most of Europe knew not to waste money on a Ozil even on a free transfer yet arsenal keeps wasting money and making poor decisions.

Toto as much as I hate to say it, when healthy are one of the most balanced teams not just in the EPL but in Europe. I bet you that Poch and dembele were licking their chops knowing Wenger would play that turd Xhacrap in midfield
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

SylverEagles wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Why are you obsessed with male genitalia?
Can you imagine? I'm beginning to wonder about pajimoh. :sneaky: :sneaky:

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Why are you obsessed with male genitalia?
Because you got fecked :rotf: :rotf: More palmy? :tic:

Smh
I'm sorry aniks. Now I'm feeling bad. But I remembered what went on when you beat us at the Emirates. How I've waited for this game to get yawl back. You in particular, the way you come into our thread and give it the full monty when we are losing games

Nna yabs no dey bother me biko. I give out a lot aooo ... but this gay angle dey fear me sha ... anyway na you sabi ... enjoy life on da palm tree :woot:
Last edited by anikulapo on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Sooo.... Xhaka fanboys your thoughts....

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Sooo.... Xhaka fanboys your thoughts....

Btw TG you still think Arsenal should have broken the bank and signed the biggest parasite in world football ? I mean the big clubs in Europe can’t all that foolish not to sign him for free :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote:Someone was dancing here, talking about "I want Auba! I want Mkhi" and I laughed and said, forget what you want! Get what you need! Ndidi! a CB! Go out there and be serious in the market! No, instead, they went and got Mkhi and Auba. :lol: Good luck! In the summer, Arsenal will not be able to attract a player like Ndidi again. You have missed out on what you actually needed.

I will take Ndidi too. But honestly Wenger will always pick a CM over a DM. That man, deep down, doesn't really believe in DMs. In his ideal world, he has two all-rounder CMs, one might have more defensive nous
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

The game came down solely to Dembele owning the midfield ..

Which explains a few things..

1. Wenger having Ozil and Mikhi tuck in and play more defensively [ bad decision offensively but it this and Cech saved us in the first half ]

1.1 Second half Spurs step up their game and we had no response and should have scored more sef ..again Cech

2. Xhaka and Elneny combo does not work , Xhaka Ramsey does not work and , Xhaka jack does not work..do the maths the common denominator is Xhaka....

3. Explains why El neny is on the bench ...but sometimes I wonder if the Kola could have replaced Xhaka granted he is one legged but he would not have been bulied easily..but I digress.

4. A low in confidence Lacazette should not have been given that responsibility to dig us out of the whole..simply should have slotted into the Sanchez position or Welbeck should have been the swap.

5. forot to add moving Ozil to play Santi role ?? Wenger really smokes Igbo ooo
Post game comments by Wenger:

Kane made the difference [ seriously what game did you watch ? Na Dembele do you something ]

Any issues with the Kane goals ? No It was a good good by old fashioned striker.. [ ehen you zee this and play Xhaka and Lacazette ]
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Siddonlook11 wrote:The game came down solely to Dembele owning the midfield ..

Which explains a few things..

1. Wenger having Ozil and Mikhi tuck in and play more defensively [ bad decision offensively but it this and Cech saved us in the first half ]

1.1 Second half Spurs step up their game and we had no response and should have scored more sef ..again Cech

2. Xhaka and Elneny combo does not work , Xhaka Ramsey does not work and , Xhaka jack does not work..do the maths the common denominator is Xhaka....

3. Explains why El neny is on the bench ...but sometimes I wonder if the Kola could have replaced Xhaka granted he is one legged but he would not have been bulied easily..but I digress.

4. A low in confidence Lacazette should not have been given that responsibility to dig us out of the whole..simply should have slotted into the Sanchez position or Welbeck should have been the swap.

5. forot to add moving Ozil to play Santi role ?? Wenger really smokes Igbo ooo
Post game comments by Wenger:

Kane made the difference [ seriously what game did you watch ? Na Dembele do you something ]

Any issues with the Kane goals ? No It was a good good by old fashioned striker.. [ ehen you zee this and play Xhaka and Lacazette ]
Siddon and look :sad: :sad: :sad:

Dembele >>>>Xhaxa

AW is done as a top manager.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Got no time digging out individuals. It a team game. We trashed Spuds 2 nil at the Emirates, they won one nil today. End off.

Now we must move on as we now approach the business end of the season. Still plenty to play for and I am sure our preparations will not be disrupted as it was with illness in the squad as it was for today.

On Xhaka. It strikes me as though the biggest problem with Xhaka comparisons is that people always compare him to the wrong player. People compare him to extremely defensive players like Fernandinho and Matic. Then also to box to box midfielders like Kante. He is not a Kante or Mic type, he is somewhere in between.

Having said that we Gooners are the first to admit, we need a Dembele type and/or a Max Meyer type if we are going to challenge for top honours again.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:Got no time digging out individuals. It a team game. We trashed Spuds 2 nil at the Emirates, they won one nil today. End off.

Now we must move on as we now approach the business end of the season. Still plenty to play for and I am sure our preparations will not be disrupted as it was with illness in the squad as it was for today.

On Xhaka. It strikes me as though the biggest problem with Xhaka comparisons is that people always compare him to the wrong player. People compare him to extremely defensive players like Fernandinho and Matic. Then also to box to box midfielders like Kante. He is not a Kante or Magic type, he is somewhere in between.

Having said that we Gooners are the first to admit, we need a player like Dembele type and/or a Max Meyer type if we are going to challenge for top honours again.
:clap: :clap:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Some Arsenal fans are just too angry. Relax peeps, it is football, not a life and death matter.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:Got no time digging out individuals. It a team game. We trashed Spuds 2 nil at the Emirates, they won one nil today. End off.

On Xhaka. It strikes me as though the biggest problem with Xhaka comparisons is that people always compare him to the wrong player. People compare him to extremely defensive players like Fernandinho and Matic. Then also to box to box midfielders like Kante. He is not a Kante or Mic type, he is somewhere in between.

Having said that we Gooners are the first to admit, we need a Dembele type and/or a Max Meyer type if we are going to challenge for top honours again.

Waffi.. I agree its bad to dig into individuals but the pay and purchase rate for these guys is individual , its not like they pay them all the same or they all cost the same. I dont speak for others but my take today was not so much about who did what but on Wenger who plays these guys in and out of weird positions. Xhaka on a great day would have had a tough time dealing with Dembele on a equally good day so what does our coach do ? he plays him and El Neny AND gets Ozil, Mikhi and Jack to help them !!! Dem they share salary ?

Those two needed to earn their pay abeg... e pain me no be small.

Walahi I am starting to think we should have played an open game and try to outscore them in true gunfight style !! Rubbish ..the thing still dey vex me abeg. :curse: :curse: :curse:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffi keep babbling .... you don’t like singling out individuals ? Hmmm let’s pull your postgame words about One Alexis Sanchez :roll: now you are wondering why Xhaka is getting slated .... well what else can I expect from a slow learner :mrgreen:

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Said it a thousand pages back, Dembele is one of the finest the midfield has featured. Monster of a man, the type Prof Pulis would've made a God in the early noughties.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

We miss Ramsey today.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

First, it's not the team's fault. It's all on AW. He flunked this one in particular. There's just no two ways about it. I am not a coach but common sense says you don't play 3 of El, Jack and Xhaka in an away match. What it does is to blunt the attack as we saw today. It should always be 2 of the 3 either home and away. And for Christ's sake, enough of playing Jack as a #10. He's best suited as a the 2nd pivot in a 4-2-3-1 formation. It's either that or he seats on the bench. And why did Iwobi not start alongside Ozil, Mirkha. What his not starting does is blunting the fluidity of the attacking 4 as we saw today. Jack due to injuries has lost that fluidity on movement.

On players, only AW best explain why we did not sign him while he was still at Fulham. Some of us campaigned for him then. Just like campaigned for Eric Dier while he was still in Portugal. And while we are still at it, i hope those who advice AW on players recruitment points him toward that ex-Juve player, Lamina at Southampton. Why we allowed him to go to Southampton beats me. That's a player as close to Dembele as we may ever get. Once again i hope we put everything in place to snap him up in summer.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Sooo.... Xhaka fanboys your thoughts....

Werent you the one who went on a twerking-spree after Arsenal were beaten 3-1 by United? You claimed Arsenal had turned a corner and you were ready to win the world cup? what happened? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This man will never learn his lesson. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU DO NOT NEED MAX MEYER!! YOU DO NOT NEED MAX MEYER!! YOU DO NOT NEED MAX MEYER!!! chei!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Looked through the highlights just now, and counted the opportunities. Game should have been a cricket score! Your team was very lucky!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Where is our Little Poodle? Abi em Bakery don file for bankruptcy already :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: empty vesseled Lil Chihuahua :tic: :lol: :lol:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:Where is our Little Poodle? Abi em Bakery don file for bankruptcy already :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: empty vesseled Lil Chihuahua :tic: :lol: :lol:

why you dey yab a whole Nkume?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Spurs(Home) Gooners(Away)

Possession
Home 50% Away 50%
Shots Home 18 Away 6

Shots on Target Home 6 Away 1

Corners Home 10 Away 2

At 50% possession each, they'd way more bite. Our practice of not frequently playing team defense means when we do habits like tracking runners from MF aren't bedded in.
If you play as many creative(attacking midfielders) like AW elected to do @wembley. you really should dominate possession. Having our guys play defense reactively goes against their instincts .
I think back to top a class player, Nedved getting a red card going against a young speedy Eboue & know playing Ozil & Henrikh against elite level teams will kill us - more so if we concede possession. AW must be bold enough to stop trying to fit square pegs into round holes - one gets the feeling he's more worried about not upsetting certain players than a tactical solution.
I still wait for AMN being used from MF like Pep did with Philipp Lahm - AMN & MO will do a better job of shielding the backline plus
AMN breaking from deep on counterattack will be a strength.
Gotta say i am past disgusted with our players not jumping to contest headers - over the last couple of yrs, i've watched the Chile national team & Barca - often small sized defenders but they jump into the attackers body to create difficult headers - we tend to stand, hands up looking for whistles.
I watched highlights last week of Dortmund vs Real Madrid - the way they played Auba is have Varane stick to him with support coming from elsewhere - our lack of pace out wide means teams will seek to contain him. We needed to at least replace both or one of the pace of TW & Ox. We might have to play a speedy FB as winger!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:

Looked through the highlights just now, and counted the opportunities. Game should have been a cricket score! Your team was very lucky!
Not used to tracking runners & they kept finding spaces - we try to choose when to play defense instead of building on solid defensive foundations.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.