The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal with Koscielny, Mustafi and Monreal starting this season:

3-0 Bournemouth
2-0 West Brom
0-0 Chelsea
2-0 Spuds
1-0 Burnley

8 goals scored, ZERO goal conceded.

For the first time this season we played with our first team against Spud. It was the 3rd time Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez played together. Despite the handicap we should have at least 6 more points but for the officials.

I have seen many say the Burnley performance was no good. That's just plain wrong. Many here do not get it, I know what it is like to go places like that in England and win. I know what it is like to go to Turf Moor cos I have been there. I am told they have improved the place but it is still a dump especially for Away supporters who are made to feel as unwelcomed as possible.

At Burnley, you have to beat the 13 men to win. You have to beat the crowd and the Ref. We did exactly that and it was brilliant.

You listen to their fans and hear how they influence the game. They get into their players and Refs heads. Some of the songs they were singing - just vile. To be fair our Away lot responded, calling them 'fu****g inbred Northern monkies. The hostility at places like that is palpable, it is difficult for the Big, Away team from London. The want to get stuck into what they see as foreigners and soft Southerners.

In Sean Dyche, they have the perfect Manager who feeds their neanderthal needs on the pitch. Look what they did to Alex. If you think that was not planned, then you really do not understand English football. That was the treatment earmarked for Ozil, but Alex was his replacement so they had to stop him 1st. Hear the crowd when the nasty challenges went in on Alex, "Get fu****g in there", "break his fu*****g leg - the soft Southern C**t". They cheers such assaults like they have just scored a goal. The Arsenal lot responded, "you dirty Northern wan**rs/bas***ds". This is football of old, not the mainly genteel civility of the Emirates stadium.

They call it a reducer in the game. Poor Alex got 2 bad challenges, by half time he could hardly move to his maximum, he had been reduced. At half time they worked on, saying try running it off but he could not and was replaced. Hopefully, it is just a knock and will be fine in days.

There is nothing gratifying or surprising about Burnley's football. It was basic, long balls, percentages football, mixed with bullying and intimidation. But they add cheating and diving to the mix. It is horrible stuff to watch and play against.

In so many aspects, the Burnley victory was just as satisfying, perhaps not as pleasurable as beating Spuds last week. We displayed all the attributes, our critics ignorantly claim we lack. All teams would have seen that and they know that type of tactics will not work against us. They will know that the collective heights of Kos and Mustafi is no handicap for long ball football. They know that saying of "Arsenal don't like it up em", is BS.

The bottomline is the so called Burnley hardmen turned out to be nothing but cheap, diving and cheating merchants.

That was a brilliant win under the circumstances. One nil to the Arsenal.

I love this Arsenal.

"Victoria Concordia Crescit"
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal with Koscielny, Mustafi and Monreal starting this season:

3-0 Bournemouth
2-0 West Brom
0-0 Chelsea
2-0 Spuds
1-0 Burnley

For the first time this season we played with our first team against Spud. It was the 3rd time Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez played together. Despite the handicap we should have at least 6 more points but for the officials.

I have seen many say the Burnley performance was no good. That's just plain wrong. Many here do not get it, I know what it is like to go places like that in England and win. I know what it is like to go to Turf Moor cos I have been there. I am told they have improved the place but it is still a dump especially for Away supporters who are made to feel as unwelcomed as possible.

At Burnley, you have to beat the 13 men to win. You have to beat the crowd and the Ref. We did exactly that and it was brilliant.

You listen to their fans and hear how they influence the game. They get into their players and Refs heads. Some of the songs they were singing - just vile. To be fair our Away lot responded, calling them 'fu****g inbred Northern monkies. The hostility at places like that is palpable, it is difficult for the Big, Away team from London. The want to get stuck into what they see as foreigners and soft Southerners.

In Sean Dyche, they have the perfect Manager who feeds their neanderthal needs on the pitch. Look what they did to Alex. If you think that was not planned, then you really do not understand English football. That was the treatment earmarked for Ozil, but Alex was his replacement so they had to stop him 1st. Hear the crowd when the nasty challenges went in on Alex, "Get fu****g in there", "break his fu*****g leg - the soft Southern C**t". They cheers such assaults like they have just scored a goal. The Arsenal lot responded, "you dirty Northern wan**rs/bas***ds". This is football of old, not the mainly genteel civility of the Emirates stadium.

They call it a reducer in the game. Poor Alex got 2 bad challenges, by half time he could hardly move to his maximum, he had been reduced. At half time they worked on, saying try running it off but he could not and was replaced. Hopefully, it is just a knock and will be fine in days.

There is nothing gratifying or surprising about Burnley's football. It was basic, long balls, percentages football, mixed with bullying and intimidation. But they add cheating and diving to the mix. It is horrible stuff to watch and play against.

In so many aspects, the Burnley victory was just as satisfying, perhaps not as pleasurable as beating Spuds last week. We displayed all the attributes, our critics ignorantly claim we lack. All teams would have seen that and they know that type of tactics will not work against us. They will know that the collective heights of Kos and Mustafi is no handicap for long ball football. They know that saying of "Arsenal don't like it up em", is BS.

The bottomline is the so called Burnley hardmen turned out to be nothing but cheap, diving and cheating merchants.

I love this Arsenal.

:agree: :clap:
I just love it when you come out and plant the flag in your inimitable style.
I still don't think our boys are as hardy as you make them out to be or else
Alex, Bellerin and Wilshere (when he came on) SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED
this treatment. It seemed to me that they were mentally unprepared to an
extent. However, the older dudes were dishing it out. I applauded that
gruff sliding tackle by Xhaka. The Burnley players were in shock at the
robust and uncompromising nature of it. The Burnley fans lost their
marbles over it. D tin sweet me die.

The blocks by Mustafi are now approaching artistic status. If only we
could play like we did in the second half for 90mins...............

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal with Koscielny, Mustafi and Monreal starting this season:

3-0 Bournemouth
2-0 West Brom
0-0 Chelsea
2-0 Spuds
1-0 Burnley

I love this Arsenal.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Having that exact argument pre game, during game and after the game with other Gooners.

Just like old days at Ewood park vs Blackburn, @ Reebok vs Bolton, there are certain games where the combination of vile fans+submissive ref makes any idea of winning a game with champagne football impossible.

AW spoke of just that in his pre game presser, the importance of patience, resilience and focus. Meaning Arsenal had to be ready to endure classic bully boy football and hope they had just enough quality or luck to nick a victory. You simply will not win at Burnley via aesthetically satisfying football, it's classic "get stuck in" football, and overcoming all the jingoistic, jurassic, vile circa 1980's football, to Arsenal credit they embraced the grind and gave Dyche, media and northern orcs a two finger salute and the bonus was ripping their hearts out with yet another last gasp victory.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ebyboy wrote:

3-0 Bournemouth
2-0 West Brom
0-0 Chelsea
2-0 Spuds
1-0 Burnley

I love this Arsenal.

:agree: :clap:
I just love it when you come out and plant the flag in your inimitable style.
I still don't think our boys are as hardy as you make them out to be or else
Alex, Bellerin and Wilshere (when he came on) SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED
this treatment. It seemed to me that they were mentally unprepared to an
extent. However, the older dudes were dishing it out. I applauded that
gruff sliding tackle by Xhaka. The Burnley players were in shock at the
robust and uncompromising nature of it. The Burnley fans lost their
marbles over it. D tin sweet me die.

The blocks by Mustafi are now approaching artistic status. If only we
could play like we did in the second half for 90mins...............
They would have expected it and been warned about it. But the younger ones are inexperienced and to an extent, it makes them easy targets.

You're right, one game is not enough evidence of being tough on the road. We need to show more consistently. But this was a huge test and they passed it with flying colours, cos right now, going to Burnley is as tough as it gets.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

3-0 Bournemouth
2-0 West Brom
0-0 Chelsea
2-0 Spuds
1-0 Burnley

I love this Arsenal.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Having that exact argument pre game, during game and after the game with other Gooners.

Just like old days at Ewood park vs Blackburn, @ Reebok vs Bolton, there are certain games where the combination of vile fans+submissive ref makes any idea of winning a game with champagne football impossible.

AW spoke of just that in his pre game presser, the importance of patience, resilience and focus. Meaning Arsenal had to be ready to endure classic bully boy football and hope they had just enough quality or luck to nick a victory. You simply will not win at Burnley via aesthetically satisfying football, it's classic "get stuck in" football, and overcoming all the jingoistic, jurassic, vile circa 1980's football, to Arsenal credit they embraced the grind and gave Dyche, media and northern orcs a two finger salute and the bonus was ripping their hearts out with yet another last gasp victory.
That was truly the sweetest part of it all. The delicious icing to make it the sweetest of victories.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

City will drop 7 points over the next 5 games, Beloved goes unbeaten throughout, by January the deficit is down to single digits. Victory vs United is absolutely essential and not in doubt. This United are a far cry from anything Alex Akwa Akwuru Ferguson assembled. Personel may be better, but as a team, no chance.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Squad for Wednesday

Cech

Holding Mustafi Monreal

Niles Xhaka Jacque Kolasinac

Iwoni Lacazette Alexis
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:No post in THIS thread AFTER the win AWAY against Burnley :shock: :shock: ?
Seems like winning does not generate quite as much discussion as less
palatable outcomes.

Congratulations to Wenger and the boys on a gritty performance. This for me
was just as enjoyable and gratifying as the NLD win last week. Even so, I am
nervous about Huddlesfield.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I gave them a bit of my mind in the game thread.

Yeah you’re very brave and wise when you show up after the game like another courageous cyber warrior who loves to hate your guts :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:No post in THIS thread AFTER the win AWAY against Burnley :shock: :shock: ?
palatable outcomes.

Yeah you’re very brave and wise when you show up after the game like another courageous cyber warrior who loves to hate your guts :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bia! Old man, why are you avoiding the thread on your school son Bartholomew Ogbeche?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
tolahs wrote:Whilst we wait for Weds we can wish LCFC & Watford big things on Tuesday.

Watford vs ManU
Hoping Marco Silva can craft a gameplan to show getting big scalps ain't a fluke - common Watford!!!
-----
LCFC vs Sc$m
Coach Claude Puel has the resources at his disposal to get a well deserved 3pts @home I'll suggest Musa & Kelechi at least make the bench -
no team wants to see those 2 introduced with say 20 - 30 mins to go.. Meanwhile hope Ndidi bosses for 90mins.
-------------------------------
As for us & Huddersfied - we both had pretty attritional fixtures - they'd to admirably defend against ManC on some 80% possession sitting
deep - tough but they're defensively drilled.
We've the luck of having players competing weekly in the Europa league(better than the reserves) which means a few of them are match sharp
enough for school - i think we need to make some changes for Weds.

Giroud
Alexis Welbeck
Sead Xhaka Wilshire Hector
Monreal Mustafi Koscielny
Cech

I thought we were riskily passive in the 1st half @Burnley - we gave them so much time on the ball & they pressed at will rattling a few of our
players - Hector & Iwobi especially. That tactic must be Bleachbit delete now. I hope we do less buildup play from the back vs Hudders - we press high early & try to keep their striker far from their midfield while the rest of the team collapses on their goal(sitting real deep). we must cross more with Bigs(Danny & Giroud on) - Xhaka & Jack sit - set tempo while on top Alexis is the main playmaker with permission to roam.
If we do well early enough - i'd expect the WBs to be subbed prepping for ManU
Gotta ask can Kos play all these games so close together - who comes in for him if the gaffer elects to rest him for ManU?
Not a bad lineup at all..................
I'll suggest removing Xhaka and playing Elneny in there.
Either Elneny or Mertesacker can play there if Koscielny
has to be rested.

:clap: :agree:
Mo provides needed mobility but the gaffer seems really cold on him. Per's good as the spare of the 3 cos of his lack of pace but Mustafi is great in the same spot cos he can be rash on tackles - we shall wait & see.
If you watch the last Europa MO was so poor it was shocking sha,I think Hudders will defend deep and play on the counter,they did so well against City.We will need sharp guys for this game that has movement upfront.Hope Ozil is back for the game as we will se more balls.Any how we just need to nick a win some how come Wednesday period.If Watford,Leicester, Swansea and Southamptom can win then I say we win our two games and move to second.I hope by first half od the season we are just like 5 points behind City some how at worst.They will drop ppoints very soon and I hope they start against Leicester with Nacho scoring the winner :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is sweet.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sean Dyche in interviews after the game accepts it was a penalty but that’s hardly relevant. He is livid because most referees simply do not give Arsenal penalties.

So why against Burnley?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:This is sweet.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:clap: :clap: Respect to those away fans that was classic way to break home fans heart.Kai I hope we do similar on Saturday against Manu :thumbs: I will like to see Jose face and hopefully Wenger run infront of him and celebrate.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Fellow fans abeg how many of you did not shake when Sanchz went over to take that PK at Burnley?
My God my whole body was on fire shaking shaking like please don't miss it biko even if you don't want to sign new contract biko don't do us like that.Then another part of me said is he the best PK taker we have?Chai Sanchez is real Igweee no shake shake in his part.
The way the keeper follow the ball I was like here we go before my eyes clear I saw the other players running towards him I knew beloved had 3 points and top 4
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:Sean Dyche in interviews after the game accepts it was a penalty but that’s hardly relevant. He is livid because most referees simply do not give Arsenal penalties.

So why against Burnley?
He should calm down,take it as a man,if the ref was on point against City,they would have wave this PK,after their mistake against City in a big game they try to do their job.
I must give Ramsey credit that is one reason I don't blame Wenger playing him all time.With tied game like this, he will be all over the 18 waiting for any chances,i even trust him most time when we searching for goals than most our attacking players.
Chai God let our rivals drop silly points this midweek and weekend coming oooh
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:Sean Dyche in interviews after the game accepts it was a penalty but that’s hardly relevant. He is livid because most referees simply do not give Arsenal penalties.

So why against Burnley?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
palatable outcomes.

Bia! Old man, why are you avoiding the thread on your school son Bartholomew Ogbeche?

Ngwa Cannibal what are you on about now ?? :ohmy:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
palatable outcomes.

Whilst you chickened out and gave up on your team before the Spuds game, here is what I posted on Friday the 17th Nov.
Waffiman wrote:Lacazette, still so underated, it is criminal.

Kane has scored 8 League goals, Lacazette’s 6. You think Kane has 10 more goals going by the press and their hype.

But Kane has 120 minutes more on the pitch.

Here is what I first noticed about Lacazette that made me take him seriously and it is a stat for which he has never been out of the top 3 in Europe since he rose to prominence.

Lacazette’s conversion rate is 27 per cent, already easily the best in the league.

But here is what the press here will not tell you. Lacazette's conversion rate is almost twice as good as Kane, who has 14 per cent.

As a Gooner, I love how Lacazette has been largely ignored by the press. Hopefully, after tomorrow, they will not ignore him anymore and give him his due respect.

Most of all, I know with him on that pitch, we can win this game so long as you give him that ball in and around the box.

I fancy us tomorrow.

We all know my courage and wisdom is unflappable and never bending for all our players, Manager and club. Can we say the same for you? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
palatable outcomes.

Whilst you chickened out and gave up on your team before the Spuds game, here is what I posted on Friday the 17th Nov.

Kane has scored 8 League goals, Lacazette’s 6. You think Kane has 10 more goals going by the press and their hype.

Here is what I first noticed about Lacazette that made me take him seriously and it is a stat for which he has never been out of the top 3 in Europe since he rose to prominence.

Lacazette’s conversion rate is 27 per cent, already easily the best in the league.

But here is what the press here will not tell you. Lacazette's conversion rate is almost twice as good as Kane, who has 14 per cent.

As a Gooner, I love how Lacazette has been largely ignored by the press. Hopefully, after tomorrow, they will not ignore him anymore and give him his due respect.

Most of all, I know with him on that pitch, we can win this game so long as you give him that ball in and around the box.

I fancy us tomorrow.

We all know my courage and wisdom is unflappable and never bending for all our players, Manager and club. Can we say the same for you? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

See pathetic spin attempts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oya wetin lacazette do for derby game to make him get noticed or against the Mighty Burnley :rotf:

Again stop making noise after the fact and then going on sabbatical when ya Bulls..t comes back to haunt you .... as it does every season :mrgreen:

Still laughing over ya bet against people halfway through the season two years ago :mrgreen: ..funn6 how you pick race after multiple pies hit ya face :mrgreen:

Post during games and stop being a post game warrior like some others I won’t mention :mrgreen:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
palatable outcomes.

I fancy us tomorrow.

See pathetic spin attempts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oya wetin lacazette do for derby game to make him get noticed or against the Mighty Burnley :rotf:

Again stop making noise after the fact and then going on sabbatical when ya Bulls..t comes back to haunt you .... as it does every season :mrgreen:

Still laughing over ya bet against people halfway through the season two years ago :mrgreen: ..funn6 how you pick race after multiple pies hit ya face :mrgreen:

Post during games and stop being a post game warrior like some others I won’t mention :mrgreen:
I do not lose bets and you know it.

You still picking Spuds who have won nothing, over Arsenal players who have won things?

My Arsenal drum beats loud and proud at all times, unlike you who picks lilly livered players. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
palatable outcomes.

I fancy us tomorrow.

I do not lose bets and you know it.

You still picking Spuds who have won nothing, over Arsenal players who have won things?

My Arsenal drum beats loud and proud at all times, unlike you who picks lilly livered players. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wait what? You wan lie now?

Uncle Biko take style back up quick quick .... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: again who picked Spurs? Nah reading or comprehension be ya problem for here? Like I said before, stop taking the cowards way out and post in game rather than flexing cyber muscles and hot air after the fact :mrgreen:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
palatable outcomes.

Him na Ngwa man? Anyway, he is talking about the Ogbeche thread...dude is still scoring at age 33...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
palatable outcomes.

Him na Ngwa man? Anyway, he is talking about the Ogbeche thread...dude is still scoring at age 33...

Chief, Abegi no kill me with lafter. I went to Okigwe too and did not meet people like Aniku or Ogbeche there. So don't kill me by saying 33!

As for Aniku, he is the only one on this site that does not know where I am from. Anu monkey!