The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m a very big fan of the young coach Tedesco of Schalke but I would be worried for him to succeed Wenger at a rabid club like Arsenal
A lot of talk about Vieira, that's because he has been seen at the Emirates.

My money is on Benitez.
Benitez would be a smart move.
Wenger on Vieira: "He works in the moment in New York and he works for Man City. He's a guy who has the potential one day, yes."
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:Freed up my schedule for today to enjoy and glow in everything Arsène Wenger. I will start in my favorite hangouts around Arsenal, then get home and watch video compilations. What a man. Legend. Ultimate love of my football life. Sad to see him go.

I will end my night with a bottle of the finest vintage champagne because it is also one of my son's birthday.
Happy birthday to your son, and many blessings.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Robert Wengabe should have no say in his replacement, if Ferguson is anything to go by, when the teeth become so long, one can seldom see past their gums. T’is the dawn of a new era, a new direction and perhaps a brand new, good old transitional phase. Life beyond Wenger begins with life without Wenger. A legend, a hero of past and villain of present, best way to do it. 30 plus games gone and absolute obsolescence in the league, repeatedly. The wisdom that once wielded such influence, that once plundered the Premiership like Norse ships filled to the rafters with Ragnars, is now useless before that very conquest. Can Wenger truly choose the way forward having been lost for so long? The epitome of irony perhaps. Let it be, thanks for the good times and the bad, from here on out it’s the chronic 2, starting today and tomorrow’s anew...pack your opinions in the same suitcase and f*ck off! Don’t save us with words whilst wordless in action.

It’s time. Farewell Beloved. The horseman is calling, ready the boat, a penny apiece for both eyes. Requiem for the dead.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Freed up my schedule for today to enjoy and glow in everything Arsène Wenger. I will start in my favorite hangouts around Arsenal, then get home and watch video compilations. What a man. Legend. Ultimate love of my football life. Sad to see him go.

I will end my night with a bottle of the finest vintage champagne because it is also one of my son's birthday.
Happy birthday to your son, and many blessings.
Thanks bro. :thumb: :thumb:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Waffiman wrote:Mesut Özil had an interview scheduled with beIN Sport, but it has been delayed as the players come to terms with the announcement. After telling the players of his decision and giving a speech, they fell silent in shock & only Wenger’s footsteps as he left the room could be heard.

beIN Sports were on ground and they witnessed it all first hand. Their reports are telling about Arsenal being caught cold.

beIN Sports reports on Wenger's makes it clear it was unexpected by all at the club. They say everyone in shock including the Owner and Board who tried to persuade him to stay till the end of the season.

My view on this is, fans staying away in the last few games played a huge part. Yes, the Europa League semi finals have seen a huge interest in ticket demands with me getting offered good money for mine. But I believe Wenger took the empty seats as one reason why it is time to leave. The fans at the Emirates could not bring themselves to ask to leave, but their not turning up played a part.

Just my opinion.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes, because none of the players saw this coming. And plus, what do you expect them to do in that instance? Start harlem shaking in the locker room?

Wenger leaving is welcome but bittersweet. My one regret is he didn't leave nearly a decade ago when it was already clear then he was out of touch with the modern game. Despite not having the financial firepower of his competitors, Wenger demonstrated his savvy up until the 2007-08 season but has been absolutely useless ever since. Good riddance to him. I blame the club more than anything. No manager and no player should be above scrutiny.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger said this 2 weeks ago:

"They love you when your born, they love you when you die. In between, you have to manage".

Damn!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

My preferences include Zidane, Vieira, Loew, Rafa, Allegri, RB Leipzig coach, and a former player like Gilberto Silva.

Interesting times.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m a very big fan of the young coach Tedesco of Schalke but I would be worried for him to succeed Wenger at a rabid club like Arsenal
A lot of talk about Vieira, that's because he has been seen at the Emirates.

My money is on Benitez.

Rafa? Hell no :curse:

As for Patty, hmmmm, it’s not as if the dude has been pulling up trees in the MLS but whatever .... all these old boys making noise so Oya let them have their chance I guess
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

It’s just so sad and a pox on all these clown players who let this man down. :curse: :curse: But in the end it was his own stubbornness and foolish belief and patience in losers that brought him to this spot.

Anyway Cech, Xhacrap and Droopy Mezut ... be very afraid ... the next coach has been watching you :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:My preferences include Zidane, Vieira, Loew, Rafa, Allegri, RB Leipzig coach, and a former player like Gilberto Silva.

Interesting times.
My bro, I want Benitez but I am also mindful of the fact that Arsenal rarely appoint a name. My Arsenal history immediately reminds me Mee, Graham, Wenger as example rather than a Cryuff, El Tel, Bobby Robson etc etc. Also, Kroenke's recent Rams appointment would suggest he too might want a young coach.

But you said it. Interesting times.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:My preferences include Zidane, Vieira, Loew, Rafa, Allegri, RB Leipzig coach, and a former player like Gilberto Silva.

Interesting times.
My bro, I want Benitez but I am also mindful of the fact that Arsenal rarely appoint a name. My Arsenal history immediately reminds me Mee, Graham, Wenger as example rather than a Cryuff, El Tel, Bobby Robson etc etc. Also, Kroenke's recent Rams appointment would suggest he too might want a young coach.

The past has nothing to do with the present ...: David Dein doesn’t live here any more :idea:

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:Mesut Özil had an interview scheduled with beIN Sport, but it has been delayed as the players come to terms with the announcement. After telling the players of his decision and giving a speech, they fell silent in shock & only Wenger’s footsteps as he left the room could be heard.

beIN Sports were on ground and they witnessed it all first hand. Their reports are telling about Arsenal being caught cold.

beIN Sports reports on Wenger's makes it clear it was unexpected by all at the club. They say everyone in shock including the Owner and Board who tried to persuade him to stay till the end of the season.

My view on this is, fans staying away in the last few games played a huge part. Yes, the Europa League semi finals have seen a huge interest in ticket demands with me getting offered good money for mine. But I believe Wenger took the empty seats as one reason why it is time to leave. The fans at the Emirates could not bring themselves to ask to leave, but their not turning up played a part.

Just my opinion.
I see you're still deluded. :D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Interesting times.

The past has nothing to do with the present ...: David Dein doesn’t live here any more :idea:
Dein has nothing to do with those unknowns who came before him like Mee. I just made an observation, I could be wrong or right.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Heliopolis wrote:

Just my opinion.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes, because none of the players saw this coming. And plus, what do you expect them to do in that instance? Start harlem shaking in the locker room?

Wenger leaving is welcome but bittersweet. My one regret is he didn't leave nearly a decade ago when it was already clear then he was out of touch with the modern game. Despite not having the financial firepower of his competitors, Wenger demonstrated his savvy up until the 2007-08 season but has been absolutely useless ever since. Good riddance to him. I blame the club more than anything. No manager and no player should be above scrutiny.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I thought that the growing empty seats was a David copper field illusion
.....I thought that no one paid attention to what was being said on social media..... :sneaky:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

theYemster wrote:

Just my opinion.
I see you're still deluded. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Vieira? I'm pretty certain that it was on these very pages some swore he and Arsene were sworn lifelong enemies....when I have time, I will go digging. :lol: :lol:
Retribution is coming.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

FIRST, happy birthdate to your son Waffib, then celebrate your lover Wenger. In that order. :D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Fear of sack persuaded Arsène Wenger to walk away from Arsenal

Arsène Wenger took the seismic decision to walk away from Arsenal on his own terms because he was mindful of the very real threat that he would be sacked at the end of the season.

The club’s majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, and other directors had grown increasingly concerned by the team’s dismal Premier League performance and the huge number of supporters that have chosen to stay away from home matches in recent weeks.

The Guardian understands that club began a drive to cold-call Red Members of their supporter scheme on Wednesday to offer them season-tickets for next season in the face of record numbers of non-renewals from existing fans. Red Members are below Gold and Silver members in terms of priority.

Wenger had routinely said that he would fulfil the remaining year on his contract next time out but the wagons have circled for some time. The chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, has made a series of appointments on the technical side of the club, as part of his “catalyst for change” agenda – most notably those of the head of football relations, Raul Sanllehi, and the head of recruitment, Sven Mislintat. The impression has been that Gazidis was putting a succession plan into place while Wenger was still in the building.

Wenger has felt the pressure from board-room level, although there was still the sense of shock among the playing squad when he informed them before training on Friday morning that he would step down from what he has referred to as his life’s work at the end of the season.

Wenger walked into the dressing room at London Colney and he announced: “I have some bad news.” He talked about how he had enjoyed his long service at the club and now was the time to go out on a high by winning the Europa League. Arsenal face Atlético Madrid in the semi-final – the first leg is in London on Thursday – and were Wenger to win what would be a first European trophy it would return the club to next season’s Champions League.

Nobody said anything in the immediate aftermath of Wenger’s speech. There was stunned silence. Per Mertesacker, the squad’s most vocal member, then stood up to deliver a rallying cry, urging them to do Wenger proud in the season’s final matches.

The hope at the club is that the timing of the announcement will galvanise players and fans for the Europa League – their shot at saving the season. Moreover, it offers Wenger the chance to enjoy a measure of goodwill from supporters over the final weeks of the season, even those that have hounded him relentlessly. Arsenal face West Ham United at the Emirates on Sunday. They lag sixth in the league, with virtually no chance of finishing in the Champions League places.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... the-season
Kroenke said: “This is one of the most difficult days we have ever had in all our years in sport … Arsène has unparalleled class and we will always be grateful to him.”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Sorry not buying AW chose to walk on own accord narrative. Just yesterday AW was dismissive of a half empty Emirates.

Clear board waited as long as they could for AW toss in the towel, he refused & they finally said enough, that either he announces he is gone now or they sack him.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Thanks Arsene.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

In many a club, there's a new generation of fans who are in a vocal majority. Many of them, sad to say have no sense of history, or even a deep knowledge of the game. A perfect example being Southampton fans who clamored for the sack of Puel and have now led their club to almost certain relegation...

The reality is that Arsenal was a provincial club in London, with serial 1-0 wins bagged to the arsenal until a wiry Frenchman showed up from, of all places Japan!

In 22 years, the man not only changed the way football is played and players developed in England, but built this provincial club into a global brand. Nobody has ever done this in football.

Sure, we can quibble about tactics and selections, trophies won or lost, but people should learn to pay respect.

You are not a real football fan if you cannot recognize this at this time.

There are football fans, there are trolls....then there are clowns....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp