The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Globero »

Robbynice wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
kajifu wrote:My eyes don dey do me film trick?
Hmmm Danfo now a beloved fan?
E be like say hope still dey for Wenger after all.
You obviously do not see what Danfo is doing and frankly it is a damn shame...that is if you ask me
1st of all no one asked you......
and 2nd of all please clarify what exactly is a "damn shame" since you use this vernacular in 99.99% of your posts :roll:
My brother if you haven't gotten it by now, you will never get it and frankly that is a damn shame. Of course that is if you ask me... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :twisted:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Robbynice wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
You obviously do not see what Danfo is doing and frankly it is a damn shame...that is if you ask me
and 2nd of all please clarify what exactly is a "damn shame" since you use this vernacular in 99.99% of your posts :roll:
My brother if you haven't gotten it by now, you will never get it and frankly that is a damn shame. Of course that is if you ask me... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :twisted:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Robbynice wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Still don't get it, please clarify........ :?: :?:
Indulge my ignorance abeg
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

UEL Draw done.

Arsenal face AC Milan next.
That should be a good one.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

platinum wrote:UEL Draw done.

Years ago this would have been a big game. Today it is on the level of Everton VS Southampton or Leverkusen.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Good draw for Arsenal.

Too bad the other "big" sides (Lazio, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid, Lyon, and RB Leipsig) avoided themselves.

Lazio v Dynamo Kiev

RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg

Atletico Madrid v Lokomotiv Moscow

CSKA Moscow v Lyon

Marseille v Athletic Bilbao

Sporting Lisbon v Viktoria Plzen

Borussia Dortmund v Red Bull Salzburg

AC Milan v Arsenal
Last edited by Nkume on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nkume wrote:Good draw for Arsenal.

Too bad the other "big" sides (Napoli, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid, Lazio, and RB Leipsig) avoided themselves.

Lazio v Dynamo Kiev

CSKA Moscow v Lyon

AC Milan v Arsenal
Napoli are out.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

platinum wrote:

Too bad the other "big" sides (Napoli, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid, Lazio, and RB Leipsig) avoided themselves.

Lazio v Dynamo Kiev

CSKA Moscow v Lyon

AC Milan v Arsenal
Napoli are out.
My mistake, yes Napoli are out. I will edit my post.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
platinum wrote:UEL Draw done.

Years ago this would have been a big game. Today it is on the level of Everton VS Southampton or Leverkusen.
Kpom it's why both are in Europa.
Good draw for beloved, Milan will be out in first leg.
Arsenal is wining this Europa and get back to CL.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Puma make increased offer to Arsenal. Ball now in Adidas court.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Too bad the other "big" sides (Lazio, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid, Lyon, and RB Leipsig) avoided themselves.

Lazio v Dynamo Kiev

CSKA Moscow v Lyon

AC Milan v Arsenal

Good draw ok ..I hope you dont mean it in a way that it is an easy draw ? And join some in disrespecting opponents. lest Milan come do us film trick. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:Puma make increased offer to Arsenal. Ball now in Adidas court.

what will Arsenal use more money for? Sign another Xhaka, or use it to pay Welbeck?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Puma make increased offer to Arsenal. Ball now in Adidas court.

what will Arsenal use more money for? Sign another Xhaka, or use it to pay Welbeck?
Balance book if no CL footie,pay Wenger extra and other share holders for making Arsenal great again.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Siddonlook11 wrote:

Lazio v Dynamo Kiev

CSKA Moscow v Lyon

AC Milan v Arsenal

Good draw ok ..I hope you dont mean it in a way that it is an easy draw ? And join some in disrespecting opponents. lest Milan come do us film trick. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
No not at all. No disrespect to any team that made it this far, and it could have been worse.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

What a dilemma for AW.

He knows EL is only realistic path to the CL, AW also knows any chance at winning the EL depends on health of likes of Kos, Monreal, Mustafi, Ozil etc.

Arsenal season has been a struggle even with best 11 but last night showed once again when AW starts likes of Holding, Chambers, Welbeck the Arsenal literally can and will get run over by anyone including likes Nottingham Forest and Ostersunds.

AW must now replicate Mourinho and go all in for EL, prioritize squad accordingly, problem is it's only February, if AW opts for Chambers and Holding in order to rest Kos and or Mustafi the Arsenal Will get pummeled in virtually every PL game. Bar none this is worst squad during AW tenure as Arsenal manager, AW truly needs to be bold and give likes of Mavropanos, AMN, Nelson and Nketiah a real run in the PL.

This season has shown depending on likes of Chambers, Welbeck, Holding, Iwobi and Xhaka exclusively is a road to nowhere. PL is irrelevant, use it as tool to reinforce squad depth and start likes of Mavropanos, AMN, Nelson and Nketiah consistently.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:What a dilemma for AW.

He knows EL is only realistic path to the CL, AW also knows any chance at winning the EL depends on health of likes of Kos, Monreal, Mustafi, Ozil etc.

Arsenal season has been a struggle even with best 11 but last night showed once again when AW starts likes of Holding, Chambers, Welbeck the Arsenal literally can and will get run over by anyone including likes Nottingham Forest and Ostersunds.

AW must now replicate Mourinho and go all in for EL, prioritize squad accordingly, problem is it's only February, if AW opts for Chambers and Holding in order to rest Kos and or Mustafi the Arsenal Will get pummeled in virtually every PL game. Bar none this is worst squad during AW tenure as Arsenal manager, AW truly needs to be bold and give likes of Mavropanos, AMN, Nelson and Nketiah a real run in the PL.

This season has shown depending on likes of Chambers, Welbeck, Holding, Iwobi and Xhaka exclusively is a road to nowhere. PL is irrelevant, use it as tool to reinforce squad depth and start likes of Mavropanos, AMN, Nelson and Nketiah consistently.
We have gotten this far in the EL by using the 2nd string players. I don't see it happening again. Priorities have now changed. Playing them is not necessarily a road to nowhere, besides they are young players who time and games. The problem comes when you play too many of them in the same team. But you have to play them.

Arsenal have gotten rid of 14 players (loaned or sold) in the last two windows. I see another 4 minimum going in the next window. But what about the replacements?

For now, Wenger needs his first team back. He needs Ramsey back fit and healthy. We have a record of 2 wins in 14 since he got injured. But an unfit Ramsey is no use, he must be fit.

Also needs to tweak it more tactically, Needs Xhaka to seat or play EL Neny in that role. Time to stop using Xhaka box to box. Also, Don't want to see an unfit Wilshere on the pitch like he was on Thursday. He was the worst player on the pitch.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWyrhPnX0AAPoHv.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWyrhPkW0AEc6Gs.jpg

Times & Guardian picking similar teams - do they know something? Sterling is fit to go - In Sterling & Sane they can tie down our FBs - Monreal's lack of pace problematic in a back 4 setup.
Playing as many midfielders as we do w/o controlling possession is suicidal - we lack pace & must press - our last outing @Wembley was a disgrace
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Squad for tomorrow!!! (3-4-2-1)

Ospina

Kosielny Mustafi Monreal

Bellerin ElNeny Xhaka Kolasinac

Rambo Ozil

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kaii! Oxlade Chamberlain made the best decision of his life last summer! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

danfo driver wrote:Kaii! Oxlade Chamberlain made the best decision of his life last summer! :clap:
How so? what is Liverpool going to win?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Molue Conductor wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Kaii! Oxlade Chamberlain made the best decision of his life last summer! :clap:
How so? what is Liverpool going to win?
I dont know. I am not a psychic.

However:

1. Liverpool is better than Arsena

2. Ox plays in Midfield at Liverpool

3. Liverpool is 2nd o the table and Arsenal will NOT finish in top 4

4. Liverpool is on the verge of qualifying for CL quater finals, Arsenal is in Europa League.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Where is that Sissy Lil Poodle Mmeny :woot: :woot:

Hey Sissy hows ya bakery doing? E don go back into bankruptcy :rotf: :rotf:

Premature ejaculating poodle :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiii Mo Sarah with 31 goals. If his agent has any clue he needs to demand an extension worth a minimum of 350 per week or an immediate transfer ....

Boy this dude and KDB can’t thank Their stars enough from getting out of the offensive stifling clutches of one little portugese man.

Ahem Pogba you might wanna take notice :mrgreen:

We still dey wait Mikhatareyan
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.