The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, Arteta was seen wearing a bruise and cut above his eye the other day after the Old Trafford fracas, not a single punch thrown in retaliation. Next gaffer? No thanks.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Coach wrote:@Kaji, Arteta was seen wearing a bruise and cut above his eye the other day after the Old Trafford fracas, not a single punch thrown in retaliation. Next gaffer? No thanks.

this Coach don kolo finish o - You want Agbero as our next coach be that :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You only choice be Diego Simeone niyen !!
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:I cannot believe Mustafi tried to pull off the oldest footballers trick...feign an injury after messing up. There was no injury he knows it and for once i am happy Wenger called out the BS!
Lesson do not keep players that want out....still cabnot understand how Merts is on the bench!

The other time it was Anauotvich rolling around and twitching on the floor like an ileya goat on its last leg...iy turned out he did not even have a fracture...Jesus i cannot believe some of the stuff am watching on tv these days.
You are wrong. I saw Mustafi call to the bench twice asking to be taken off. I find it incredible he did not go down to stop the game before Xhaka's pass. He tried to run off the injury and failed.

I also cannot understand why Xhaka passed the ball to him and why he even tried to control it knowing the ManU players could see his discomfort ready to take adv.
Then your oga must be wrong as well. Strange an injured player would bot be dilly dallying with the ball tryingbto be a Maradona....he was not under any distress when he was doing Franz Beckebaur abi. Thank God your oga saw through the charade!
Wenger is angry with him cos he was stupid and his error killed the game off.

I was at the game on Wednesday, the physio came on twice to treat that injury. Mustafi was not feigning injury. Ask most in that stadium, on Wednesday and Saturday, they will tell you exactly what I am saying. Mustafi got a nasty kick or stamp on Wednesday. He signalled asking to be taken off and should have gone off before the second goal. He probably should not have even started.

Wenger is rightly vexed cos he mismanaged the situation and it cost us the game.

Mustafi should have gone down screaming at his team mates who had the ball to kick it out or he should have kick the pass out instead of trying to control it under pressure. To be fair, I saw him signal to Xhaka that he did not want the pass, but Xhaka delayed and passed it blind. Fair play to the ManU players, they took adv of Mustafi's stupidity. It all happened in front of me.

Ignore Wenger, he is angry with a senior player who should have known better.
I remember this and those who claimed the player was faking his injury. Well, we now know the player was not faking his injury, cos he has not featured since. Even Wenger has said he is out with injury. I hope he is ready for the Liverpool game. We will need him.

Waffi any news of exactly what is wrong with Mustafi or are you making noise as usual ... abi nah em ovaries dey pain am? :mrgreen:
Mustafi was stupid against Manu,he might have fake that injury.Nothing is actually wrong with him,dont be surprise to see him against Liverpool unless Wenger still angry and drop him.
Bros take a minute and re-read what you wrote. Now, did it make sense?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

'We played brilliantly'

Bristol City 2-1 Manchester United

Bristol City midfielder Korey Smith: "Unbelievable I don't know what to say. We played brilliantly like we have all season. I wasn't being tracked when I made the runs forward, I was gutted with the one in the first half but it was a great tackle to be fair.

"I joined when we were in League One with three stands. We have been brilliant this season.

"I'm an Arsenal fan so I want them."

Let it happen Mr. Smith! I no get shame. :D
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Not the draw I wanted, but we can beat Chelski.

Someone will meet SHitty in the final.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:Not the draw I wanted, but we can beat Chelski.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

kajifu wrote:Former Arsenal and Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky has retired from professional football.

Rosicky won two FA Cups in a 10-year spell with the Gunners after joining from Borussia Dortmund in 2006.

The Czech, who began and ended his career at Sparta Prague, says that injuries have forced him to retire.

"I am no longer able to fully prepare my body for what professional football requires," the 37-year old told Sparta's official website.

"My body was telling me for a long time that it does not want any more. I would probably have nothing to offer my team-mates and Sparta.

"I would like to thank Sparta for raising me, for being the first step in my career, and for allowing me to say goodbye at the place I love the most."

Rosicky won 105 caps for Czech Republic and represented his country at five major tournaments.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Like a young Ozil the first time I saw Rosicky playing for Prague I knew he had to play for Arsenal. Thanks to AW for making it happen...

A shame injuries restricted his playing time but a fantastic player nonetheless.

Thanks for the memories on the pitch Tomas :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
To God be the glory
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Arsene Wenger only needs to win 2 more games (the semi final against Chelsea and the final against Bristol) and we could extend him for another 2 years at Arsenal. This is really shaping up to be another amazing year at the Emirates.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We just need to beat Bristol in the finals, after taking out Chelsea.
Is this really difficult? Come on !!!
Bepanda
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

bepanda wrote:Arsene Wenger only needs to win 2 more games (the semi final against Chelsea and the final against Bristol) and we could extend him for another 2 years at Arsenal. This is really shaping up to be another amazing year at the Emirates.
Pochettino and Klopp did not win anything yet their their contracts have been extended....at least our manager has actually been winning trophies.
To God be the glory
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

....agreed, I was looking forward to a Man City semi final clash....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Surely its got to be full strength vs Chelsea.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Skylolo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Arsene Wenger only needs to win 2 more games (the semi final against Chelsea and the final against Bristol) and we could extend him for another 2 years at Arsenal. This is really shaping up to be another amazing year at the Emirates.
Pochettino and Klopp did not win anything yet their their contracts have been extended....at least our manager has actually been winning trophies.
...both teams are in the ucl.......no one cares about domestic cups unless it's the epl, but that's my opinion
....on a side note....a close friend of mine who is a die hard fan said that last year, Arsenal told him that he would not get his silver membership until 2018 :shock:
2 days ago they rang him saying that not only have they processed his silver membership, they were trying to sell him a £5000 season ticket :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
.....there is demand...indeed
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Live on talkSPORT
22/12
ARS
IMAGE: HTTPS://SECURE.IMAGES.AKAMAI.OPTA.NET/F ... S_20/3.PNG

Arsenal
14:45
IMAGE: HTTPS://SECURE.IMAGES.AKAMAI.OPTA.NET/F ... _20/14.PNG

Liverpool LIV
Preview
Ajax have sacked manager Marcel Keizer and his backroom staff, including Dennis Bergkamp.

The Amsterdam club sit second in the Eredivisie table but announced in a statement on Thursday afternoon that manager Keizer has been "removed from active duty".

Keizer took over in the summer from Peter Bosz, who moved to Borussia Dortmund but was sacked himself earlier this month.

His assistants - Bergkamp and Hennie Spijkerman - have also been axed.

Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar and director of football Marc Overmars, a former Arsenal teammate of Bergkamp's, made the decision to change the management staff after extensive talks.

"We had a bad summer and a messy start to the season," said Van der Sar.

"From a sporting point of view, European elimination (from the Champions League preliminaries) was the low point.

"Marc Overmars and I have frequently spoken in the months afterwards about the permanent volatility of the first team. We are not confident that we will achieve the level that we are striving for with Ajax in this way."

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/dennis-b ... huEjQwW.99
Cheiii Overmars sacked Bergkamp
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Live on talkSPORT
22/12
ARS
IMAGE: HTTPS://SECURE.IMAGES.AKAMAI.OPTA.NET/F ... S_20/3.PNG

Arsenal
14:45
IMAGE: HTTPS://SECURE.IMAGES.AKAMAI.OPTA.NET/F ... _20/14.PNG

Liverpool LIV
Preview
Ajax have sacked manager Marcel Keizer and his backroom staff, including Dennis Bergkamp.

The Amsterdam club sit second in the Eredivisie table but announced in a statement on Thursday afternoon that manager Keizer has been "removed from active duty".

Keizer took over in the summer from Peter Bosz, who moved to Borussia Dortmund but was sacked himself earlier this month.

His assistants - Bergkamp and Hennie Spijkerman - have also been axed.

Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar and director of football Marc Overmars, a former Arsenal teammate of Bergkamp's, made the decision to change the management staff after extensive talks.

"We had a bad summer and a messy start to the season," said Van der Sar.

"From a sporting point of view, European elimination (from the Champions League preliminaries) was the low point.

"Marc Overmars and I have frequently spoken in the months afterwards about the permanent volatility of the first team. We are not confident that we will achieve the level that we are striving for with Ajax in this way."

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/dennis-b ... huEjQwW.99
Cheiii Overmars sacked Bergkamp
Good luck to Ajax,they are second and was elimination from CL preliminaries.That is how serious football club do business,keep friendship out of business.
To think Van Der Sar and Overmars can be bold to do this not just sacking the main coach but even his assistant.Hope is a sporting point not personal.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:@Kaji, Arteta was seen wearing a bruise and cut above his eye the other day after the Old Trafford fracas, not a single punch thrown in retaliation. Next gaffer? No thanks.
So you want coach way go dey find trouble? Remember what Wenger do to Jose at the bridge?Arteta will be fine,he will walk with body guard like Wenger was doing last year and buy hardcore players like Lauren
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:I cannot believe Mustafi tried to pull off the oldest footballers trick...feign an injury after messing up. There was no injury he knows it and for once i am happy Wenger called out the BS!
Lesson do not keep players that want out....still cabnot understand how Merts is on the bench!

The other time it was Anauotvich rolling around and twitching on the floor like an ileya goat on its last leg...iy turned out he did not even have a fracture...Jesus i cannot believe some of the stuff am watching on tv these days.
You are wrong. I saw Mustafi call to the bench twice asking to be taken off. I find it incredible he did not go down to stop the game before Xhaka's pass. He tried to run off the injury and failed.

I also cannot understand why Xhaka passed the ball to him and why he even tried to control it knowing the ManU players could see his discomfort ready to take adv.
Then your oga must be wrong as well. Strange an injured player would bot be dilly dallying with the ball tryingbto be a Maradona....he was not under any distress when he was doing Franz Beckebaur abi. Thank God your oga saw through the charade!

I was at the game on Wednesday, the physio came on twice to treat that injury. Mustafi was not feigning injury. Ask most in that stadium, on Wednesday and Saturday, they will tell you exactly what I am saying. Mustafi got a nasty kick or stamp on Wednesday. He signalled asking to be taken off and should have gone off before the second goal. He probably should not have even started.

Wenger is rightly vexed cos he mismanaged the situation and it cost us the game.

Mustafi should have gone down screaming at his team mates who had the ball to kick it out or he should have kick the pass out instead of trying to control it under pressure. To be fair, I saw him signal to Xhaka that he did not want the pass, but Xhaka delayed and passed it blind. Fair play to the ManU players, they took adv of Mustafi's stupidity. It all happened in front of me.

I remember this and those who claimed the player was faking his injury. Well, we now know the player was not faking his injury, cos he has not featured since. Even Wenger has said he is out with injury. I hope he is ready for the Liverpool game. We will need him.

Waffi any news of exactly what is wrong with Mustafi or are you making noise as usual ... abi nah em ovaries dey pain am? :mrgreen:
Just a quick reminder to you and Oloye. I was right. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, how long before the terraces are remixing the Dave Matthews band, Crash into me, at full speed, he got black-eyed! An army must be led by a general of unquestionable might. Arteta's feathers have been plucked. His fairly to give any change surely excludes him from contention. Not a single punch thrown, just collected and tissue requested to mop up the mess. Pathetic.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

So what to do with Sanchez in January? City won't mess up their chemistry to bring him in mid season. I doubt PSG will sign him with FFP looming and Draxler/Di Maria/Lucas/Pastore all jostling for PT in one position.
Who are realistic replacement targets? I don't see PSG selling Draxler. City already told us to fuuck off with Sterling demand. Lemar again? I still don't see him as a world-class talent but I hope to be proven wrong
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Does Sanchez need replacing? Move Ngolo Maitland into midfield and push Xhaka further forward. Lacazette, OG Bobby Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott, is a good enough front four to finish 12 points adrift with an FA Cup tucked under the arm. The answer isn't always in a new signing.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Coach wrote:^Does Sanchez need replacing? Move Ngolo Maitland into midfield and push Xhaka further forward. Lacazette, OG Bobby Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott, is a good enough front four to finish 12 points adrift with an FA Cup tucked under the arm. The answer isn't always in a new signing.
I can't tell these days when you are being sarcastic or serious...especially when you respond in comprehensible English :D
What exactly will Xhaka do playing further forward? He can't dribble, can't outrun a snail...I suppose he can stand in a zone and wire bulalas at sight of the ball.
Welbeck/Walcott are not good enough to compete for a title. I suppose you could play Lacazette in the Sanchez LW position with Giroud in CF.
We need a top top top replacement to maintain status quo at minimum
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

jdizzy wrote:
Coach wrote:^Does Sanchez need replacing? Move Ngolo Maitland into midfield and push Xhaka further forward. Lacazette, OG Bobby Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott, is a good enough front four to finish 12 points adrift with an FA Cup tucked under the arm. The answer isn't always in a new signing.
I can't tell these days when you are being sarcastic or serious...especially when you respond in comprehensible English :D
What exactly will Xhaka do playing further forward? He can't dribble, can't outrun a snail...I suppose he can stand in a zone and wire bulalas at sight of the ball.
Welbeck/Walcott are not good enough to compete for a title. I suppose you could play Lacazette in the Sanchez LW position with Giroud in CF.
We need a top top top replacement to maintain status quo at minimum
Arsenal turned Coach's head a long time ago.
He is now a literary jester.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Just a quick reminder to you and Oloye. I was right. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right about what again? What's the injury ? The mysterious one that a clearly miffed Wenger tersely stated that he m de not what ailed the German, after the game? Ok :mrgreen:

You've been proven wrong so many times you are desperately clutching at straws like Trump :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.