The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:My preferences include Zidane, Vieira, Loew, Rafa, Allegri, RB Leipzig coach, and a former player like Gilberto Silva.

Interesting times.
My bro, I want Benitez but I am also mindful of the fact that Arsenal rarely appoint a name. My Arsenal history immediately reminds me Mee, Graham, Wenger as example rather than a Cryuff, El Tel, Bobby Robson etc etc. Also, Kroenke's recent Rams appointment would suggest he too might want a young coach.

But you said it. Interesting times.

The past has nothing to do with the present ...: David Dein doesn’t live here any more :idea:
Dein has nothing to do with those unknowns who came before him like Mee. I just made an observation, I could be wrong or right.

Wrong .:, as usual :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Sorry not buying AW chose to walk on own accord narrative. Just yesterday AW was dismissive of a half empty Emirates.

Clear board waited as long as they could for AW toss in the towel, he refused & they finally said enough, that either he announces he is gone now or they sack him.

I Doubt it. I think he finally had enough.

Person Who should be very worried is Ivan The Cloen ... lots of guns pointed at him right now
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:Freed up my schedule for today to enjoy and glow in everything Arsène Wenger. I will start in my favorite hangouts around Arsenal, then get home and watch video compilations. What a man. Legend. Ultimate love of my football life. Sad to see him go.

I will end my night with a bottle of the finest vintage champagne because it is also one of my son's birthday.
Happy birthday to him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Freed up my schedule for today to enjoy and glow in everything Arsène Wenger. I will start in my favorite hangouts around Arsenal, then get home and watch video compilations. What a man. Legend. Ultimate love of my football life. Sad to see him go.

I will end my night with a bottle of the finest vintage champagne because it is also one of my son's birthday.
Happy birthday to him.
Thanks bros. :thumb:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:In many a club, there's a new generation of fans who are in a vocal majority. Many of them, sad to say have no sense of history, or even a deep knowledge of the game. A perfect example being Southampton fans who clamored for the sack of Puel and have now led their club to almost certain relegation...

The reality is that Arsenal was a provincial club in London, with serial 1-0 wins bagged to the arsenal until a wiry Frenchman showed up from, of all places Japan!

In 22 years, the man not only changed the way football is played and players developed in England, but built this provincial club into a global brand. Nobody has ever done this in football.

Sure, we can quibble about tactics and selections, trophies won or lost, but people should learn to pay respect.

You are not a real football fan if you cannot recognize this at this time.

There are football fans, there are trolls....then there are clowns....
Nuff said. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:

FIRST, happy birthdate to your son Waffib, then celebrate your lover Wenger. In that order. :D
Thanks for the birthday greets. Cheers. :thumb:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Monsieur Arsene Wenger, j'ai tellement de respect pour toi. Merci et bonne chance pour l'avenir.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A Great Manager.
“Everyone has the power for greatness, not for fame but greatness, because greatness is determined by service.” Martin Luther King Jr.
His service to Arsenal is undeniable. He took on a club and significantly changed the culture of the club, both in and out of the pitch. The same way Cruyff influenced Barcelona, Fergie influenced United and Helenio Herrera had influenced Inter. Arsenal is Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.

I wish, for him, that 10 years from now, he will remember the great times and the true feelings Gooners have for him and not the last 3 years were he was insulted.

Arsene Wenger, a truly great manager. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Heliopolis wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Mesut Özil had an interview scheduled with beIN Sport, but it has been delayed as the players come to terms with the announcement. After telling the players of his decision and giving a speech, they fell silent in shock & only Wenger’s footsteps as he left the room could be heard.

beIN Sports were on ground and they witnessed it all first hand. Their reports are telling about Arsenal being caught cold.

beIN Sports reports on Wenger's makes it clear it was unexpected by all at the club. They say everyone in shock including the Owner and Board who tried to persuade him to stay till the end of the season.

My view on this is, fans staying away in the last few games played a huge part. Yes, the Europa League semi finals have seen a huge interest in ticket demands with me getting offered good money for mine. But I believe Wenger took the empty seats as one reason why it is time to leave. The fans at the Emirates could not bring themselves to ask to leave, but their not turning up played a part.

Just my opinion.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes, because none of the players saw this coming. And plus, what do you expect them to do in that instance? Start harlem shaking in the locker room?

Wenger leaving is welcome but bittersweet. My one regret is he didn't leave nearly a decade ago when it was already clear then he was out of touch with the modern game. Despite not having the financial firepower of his competitors, Wenger demonstrated his savvy up until the 2007-08 season but has been absolutely useless ever since. Good riddance to him. I blame the club more than anything. No manager and no player should be above scrutiny.
Agreed. Despite my criticism, I actually feel sad. This was Wenger that virtually gave Sir Alex RvP to help him go out a winner (after Aguero robbed him of that desire the previous season).
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:A Great Manager.
“Everyone has the power for greatness, not for fame but greatness, because greatness is determined by service.” Martin Luther King Jr.
His service to Arsenal is undeniable. He took on a club and significantly changed the culture of the club, both in and out of the pitch. The same way Cruyff influenced Barcelona, Fergie influenced United and Helenio Herrera had influenced Inter. Arsenal is Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.

I wish, for him, that 10 years from now, he will remember the great times and the true feelings Gooners have for him and not the last 3 years were he was insulted.

You want to show respect to our boss why not show him lift the EPL why just FA cup.?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

I hope that this current squad will fight tooth and nail to let him go out with a Europa Big Bang...it's the least he deserves
Let him go out with a euro title :thumb: :thumb:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:I hope that this current squad will fight tooth and nail to let him go out with a Europa Big Bang...it's the least he deserves
Let him go out with a euro title :thumb: :thumb:
Amen but he will need to step up his selection against this A.Madrid .
He must be on point and do to A Madrid what Liverpool do to man city.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:Vieira? I'm pretty certain that it was on these very pages some swore he and Arsene were sworn lifelong enemies....when I have time, I will go digging. :lol: :lol:
Retribution is coming.
On Thursday 01 Feb 2018, I wrote:

I see you are gradually and secretly getting back into the Gooner fold. You are excited once again as you can see things happening.

Welcome back. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Your man Vieira is back in the fold. Rumours of him getting a Coaching role as one of Wenger's Assistants if he wants it.

Vieira was at a game recently - Crystal Palace me thinks; you should have heard and seen the way the fans sang and mobbed him. I had goose pimples.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
oloye wrote:I said to Waffi the end is near....he screamed ...NEVER! I guess that is why they say never say never
He will come and deny it. He was laughing at me last season when Wenger re-upped his contract despite all the Wenger out protests. I told him the team will continue to deteriorate and it would end this way for Wenger. He never completed that contact.

I feel no pity for Wenger. He could've left as a legend after the FA cup victory over Hull City but...
Why will be leave making 10 million no want ask for an account of ypur performance. Me myself I will not.....
He was told he will be fired or step down and he fear been fired over the phone.
Wenger wanted to finish his contract but as bad as the team has been. The owners can't gamble.We are yet to win away from home in 2018 in epl.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger's legacy is being written all over the world since the announcement. His farewell by the Emirates faithful will cement his legacy. Already, their are all sorts of demands for him. Stadium to be renamed after him. A statute etc. At Arsenal, we know how to take care of our own.

Wenger's legacy will be defined by Gooners and nobody else.

Another club will get the benefit of his final years in football. I do not think it will be an EPL club. This is what will hunt us Gooners for the next few seasons should he take another job.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:A Great Manager.

You want to show respect to our boss why not show him lift the EPL why just FA cup.?
the firsr picture on the left is an EPL title
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Please can people stop with this Brendan Rogers nonsense!! Please stop it! Brendan Rogers ko, Ted Rogers ni! :mad: :mad:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

txj wrote:In many a club, there's a new generation of fans who are in a vocal majority. Many of them, sad to say have no sense of history, or even a deep knowledge of the game. A perfect example being Southampton fans who clamored for the sack of Puel and have now led their club to almost certain relegation...

The reality is that Arsenal was a provincial club in London, with serial 1-0 wins bagged to the arsenal until a wiry Frenchman showed up from, of all places Japan!

In 22 years, the man not only changed the way football is played and players developed in England, but built this provincial club into a global brand. Nobody has ever done this in football.

Sure, we can quibble about tactics and selections, trophies won or lost, but people should learn to pay respect.

You are not a real football fan if you cannot recognize this at this time.

There are football fans, there are trolls....then there are clowns....
KPOM!!!

Could not put it more eloquently than this. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

This Gazidis is a total Buffoon. His statements have led to even more bad speculation . This guy reminds of Joe Biden . A bumbling stumbling doofus.

Anyway his position at the club will not be long :twisted:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

Happy birthday to him.
Thanks bros. :thumb:
Happy Birthday to your son, Oga Waffi.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

anikulapo wrote:Cheiiii Cheiii this actually hit me like a ton of bricks.

Love the man but it’s so obvious that it was time to go but it’s just shocking that it’s happening.

Where does this club go from here ???? :scared:

Hopefully the new coach takes one look at Xhacrap and Ozil and sweeps them out the door ASAP :thumb: :thumb:
Really bittersweet for me. Despite all my criticism,there was a part of me wishing Wenger will turn it all around and make me eat all my words.He and Dennis Berkhamp ere the biggest factors in me starting to support Arsenal.He really is a very decent man.Honest,forthright and loyal.But these factors are the same that hindered him in winning more for Arsenal.

To be fair,the biggest factor in his decline IMHO is the big money that came to Chelsea and City.Coupled with the stadium move and the global financial collapse.No one could have predicted this perfect storm scenario against Arsenal.

But he didn't have a plan B.Over reliance on youth when he could have gotten some battle hardened veterans on the short term. Refusal to change tactics. Continued reliance on injury prone players. Refusal to give well placed public criticism on under performing players. With these i realised by 2011 that we are not winning anything meaningful under his reign anymore.

Thanks for the good times and bot so good times Arsene. Interesting times ahead for the club.It could get better.But it could also get way worse :D :D .Forward Together ! Victoria Concordia Crescit :thumbs: :thumbs:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

How can I get tickets to see Arsene's last home match?