The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
amafolas wrote:seems Arsenal couldn't buy a Sanchez replacement (Lemar) at a reasonable price and have opted to just force Sanchez to stay. The guardian has an article explaining why that's not really that huge of a financial risk

The moment you try to force people to do things they don't want to do. You have lost it.

The same way your employer try to force you to do mandatory OT under the threat of a sacking. The employee will start to look for other place of employment immediately. Sanchez has all of the power. He won't give his best to avoid injury so that he can go on a free transfer in 12 months.
Your example is laughable - as an employer any of my staff unhappy can resign on the spot - you're so deep in this anti-AW thing you're arguing that we allow the club to be bounced into a solution not in their interests - sell to a direct rival.
It's a nonsense to argue Alexis has all the power - the terms of the contract must be met absent of any mutual solutions.
Verratti(PSG to Barca), Neymar - opposite move - PSG & Barca are playing hardball -
Paul George from Indianna to Oklahoma(out of the Eastern conf totally) - NBA
All parties about their own interests.
Got to pay the bills. Will look for other employment first. Will then give the two week notice. If the employer had acted more diplomatic without actually issuing threats. The situation might be different. RVP should have taught the Gunners a valuable lesson. The player got all of the power.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
amafolas wrote:seems Arsenal couldn't buy a Sanchez replacement (Lemar) at a reasonable price and have opted to just force Sanchez to stay. The guardian has an article explaining why that's not really that huge of a financial risk
The moment you try to force people to do things they don't want to do. You have lost it.

The same way your employer try to force you to do mandatory OT under the threat of a sacking. The employee will start to look for other place of employment immediately. Sanchez has all of the power. He won't give his best to avoid injury so that he can go on a free transfer in 12 months.
Your example is laughable - as an employer any of my staff unhappy can resign on the spot - you're so deep in this anti-AW thing you're arguing that we allow the club to be bounced into a solution not in their interests - sell to a direct rival.
It's a nonsense to argue Alexis has all the power - the terms of the contract must be met absent of any mutual solutions.
Verratti(PSG to Barca), Neymar - opposite move - PSG & Barca are playing hardball -
Players do not have all the power, this is all about the contract and other factors that affect it. There is something known as a contract. If a club decides to hold any player to their contract, they can and have been known to do exactly that.

However, every player has a price and this is all about money. Arsenal know Sanchez will be 29 soon, Sanchez knows the same. Time is not on his side. Arsenal do not need the money like they did during the RvP saga. The club is no longer desperately dependent on the annual CL money to pay its mortgage. I have also analysed the compelling case for Arsenal keeping Sanchez because it is to their advantage financially. Arsenal are better off not selling unless a stupendous cash offer is made preferably by PSG. Why? With Sanchez Arsenal has a better chance of returning to the CL than without him and the financial implications for Arsenal being in the CL next season is far more than what they will get for Sanchez, except of course a stupendous offer is made for the player.

There is another problem for Sanchez, approaching 29 years with so much millage on his clock, the chances are, he has at best 3 more years playing at his current capabilities, of which the next 2 years are at his peak, from then he will start to diminish physically. Given this, will any club offer Sanchez the sort of money he is being offered now in a year's time even if he is a free agent? I have my doubts. This is a real plus for Arsenal because it means Sanchez might feel a desperate need to leave, consequently, Arsenal can make him go outside of the EPL, for example PSG.

This saga has a long way to go and I am very happy with the way Arsenal have played its part so far. The English clubs know getting Sanchez will be next to impossible and to be fair to Sanchez, it is rumoured that he has spoken to other clubs both in and out of England. For me, my desired outcome will be to sell Sanchez to another club out of England like PSG.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Players talk to each other. They are watching the situation carefully. Holding onto a player that doesn't want to play for you will damage the club. It is best to just sell him even to a rival. The club shouldn't have allowed his contract to wined down to just 1 year left. Skilled people have all of the powers. Yes he is under contract. But he can just wait for a few months and then go on a bossman transfer. He will do every thing to avoid injuries. You will not be getting a 100 percent committed player. Paul George of the NBA also have all of the power. He too will just wait for a few months and then go on a transfer to any team he wants. Age is not a factor. At 29, Sanchez looks fit and in good form. He still has about 3 to 4 years of good football left in him. My preference is also not to sell to a EPL team. But if they offering mega buck, sell him to a EPL team and use the money to buy Aubamenyang or Lemar. If the EPL rivals don't spend the money on Sanchez, they will spend it on another good player like Morata or Lukaka or Pogba or Saleh and etc. What difference does it make if we sell to a EPL rival or not?

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote:Players talk to each other. They are watching the situation carefully. Holding onto a player that doesn't want to play for you will damage the club. It is best to just sell him even to a rival. The club shouldn't have allowed his contract to wined down to just 1 year left. Skilled people have all of the powers. Yes he is under contract. But he can just wait for a few months and then go on a bossman transfer. He will do every thing to avoid injuries. You will not be getting a 100 percent committed player. Paul George of the NBA also have all of the power. He too will just wait for a few months and then go on a transfer to any team he wants. Age is not a factor. At 29, Sanchez looks fit and in good form. He still has about 3 to 4 years of good football left in him. My preference is also not to sell to a EPL team. But if they offering mega buck, sell him to a EPL team and use the money to buy Aubamenyang or Lemar. If the EPL rivals don't spend the money on Sanchez, they will spend it on another good player like Morata or Lukaka or Pogba or Saleh and etc. What difference does it make if we sell to a EPL rival or not?
Sanchez is a football player and when you put him on the green grass he will give his all. That is the way he is built. Then when you start to win, things can change. You will be surprised what a year can do in soccer. If Arsenal wins the league this coming season, do you really see see Sanchez leaving the next?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Players talk to each other. They are watching the situation carefully. Holding onto a player that doesn't want to play for you will damage the club. It is best to just sell him even to a rival. The club shouldn't have allowed his contract to wined down to just 1 year left. Skilled people have all of the powers. Yes he is under contract. But he can just wait for a few months and then go on a bossman transfer. He will do every thing to avoid injuries. You will not be getting a 100 percent committed player. Paul George of the NBA also have all of the power. He too will just wait for a few months and then go on a transfer to any team he wants. Age is not a factor. At 29, Sanchez looks fit and in good form. He still has about 3 to 4 years of good football left in him. My preference is also not to sell to a EPL team. But if they offering mega buck, sell him to a EPL team and use the money to buy Aubamenyang or Lemar. If the EPL rivals don't spend the money on Sanchez, they will spend it on another good player like Morata or Lukaka or Pogba or Saleh and etc. What difference does it make if we sell to a EPL rival or not?
Sanchez is a football player and when you put him on the green grass he will give his all. That is the way he is built. Then when you start to win, things can change. You will be surprised what a year can do in soccer. If Arsenal wins the league this coming season, do you really see see Sanchez leaving the next?
So you're gambling on Arsenal winning the EPL next season? :)

Personally I'll strike a deal for Aubameyang and then pull the trigger on Alexis.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Personally I'll strike a deal for Aubameyang and then pull the trigger on Alexis.
Arsenal beat Bayern Munich on penalties.....all we have to do now is turn up for our EPL matches and the title is ours :D
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
mikewezzy
Egg
Egg

Post by mikewezzy »

Selling ur best player to ur rival is never a good move, even if the money is good. If we do sell Sanchez, u can't replace him with Auba, Benzema or any other striker that I've seen people mention here. It has to be a player with similar attribute. Someone that can take people on with speed & skills and track back as well. I would personally go for Dembele from Dortmund or mahrez & lemar. Which means u cant sell him for less than 80mil, if N Epl comes 4 him they better spend over 100mil
**** manchester united!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Arsenal beat Bayern Munich on penalties.....all we have to do now is turn up for our EPL matches and the title is ours :D
i watched that game last night and surprised how badly Arsenal was dominated. Having read this thread, I didnt expect the 8 clear chances Bayern missed in just the first half. Game should have ended 8 or 9 - 1 to Bayern. It was that bad
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

i watched that game last night and surprised how badly Arsenal was dominated. Having read this thread, I didnt expect the 8 clear chances Bayern missed in just the first half. Game should have ended 8 or 9 - 1 to Bayern. It was that bad

Arsenal was tactical. The club held on to the 2nd half. The young gunners weathered the storm.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Arsenal was tactical. The club held on to the 2nd half. The young gunners weathered the storm.
Yes, tactical. The tactic was to test Cech and Martinez, and see how many goals they could prevent from going in.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

mikewezzy wrote:Selling ur best player to ur rival is never a good move, even if the money is good. If we do sell Sanchez, u can't replace him with Auba, Benzema or any other striker that I've seen people mention here. It has to be a player with similar attribute. Someone that can take people on with speed & skills and track back as well. I would personally go for Dembele from Dortmund or mahrez & lemar. Which means u cant sell him for less than 80mil, if N Epl comes 4 him they better spend over 100mil
Did you just put this guy in the same paragraph with 'tracking back'?
Arsenal should hold onto Alexis IMHO, let him walk after a year. Things might change and he might stay longer. You never know but if they are ever going to sell him now, sell him to a PSG for 30 million than sell to a Man City for 60 million.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Monaco complain to FIFA over conduct of Manchester City and PSG, in relation to alleged overtures to Mbappe.

Man City currently banned from purchasing under 21 players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco_EN/status ... 5744153600

So far it is alleged they have reported Man City and PSG. I just hope Arsenal not included.
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

:lol: :lol: :lol: This a Chelsea fan in disguise. Sell to a rival team in the EPL?? We still cant live down the fact the we sold RVP to Old Toilet and he won the league with them the following season. We were the butt of every meme/joke on social media.You think the club wants to risk another backlash like that ??

I'm firmly behind the club on this one. The prize money for coming 5th last season was GBP 143m. So finish top 4-6 we know we gonna get a nice kitty. Therefore we can afford to gamble with Sanchez. Like others have said,one year is a long time in footy. if we in top 2 come January,it wont be surprising that Sanchez signs another contract. and even if he doesn't,oh well ..He walks away free and his wages are off the books.

The club is not in dire straits financially anymore that players can strong arm the board at every turn..
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Waffiman wrote:https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco_EN/status ... 5744153600

So far it is alleged they have reported Man City and PSG. I just hope Arsenal not included.
Doubt Arsenal's included. Wenger always seems to do things the right way.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

280k per week rumored for Ozil???? No bloody way .... that loser is not worth that amount in pesos or naira :curse: what are they smoking at the Emirates :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:280k per week rumored for Ozil???? No bloody way .... that loser is not worth that amount in pesos or naira :curse: what are they smoking at the Emirates :curse:
For me, Arsenal will get Ozil signed up before selling Sanchez for the right money. As much as I want to think Wenger will hold Sanchez to the final year of his contract. I just do not see Wenger doing it especially knowing the potential implications financially for the player.

Also, I do not think Sanchez is the type that will be professional and give his all if held to his contract. Sanchez has already been very disruptive in the last 2 seasons. For me he is too much if a diva to keep around and it will not be good for Arsenal. We have seen how the uncertainty over the Manager cost the club, we do not want similar issues with Sanchez.

I just hope we can sell him to PSG but knowing Arsenal, they will play PSG and Man City against each then sell to the highest bidder.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Monaco reject £44.5m (€50m) bid from Manchester City for Benjamin Mendy. It is understood Monaco value him higher than Kyle Walker.

Everytime I read here that famous line, why not "pay that bit extra" for the player?

Well, therein lies the problem with "paying a bit extra" just to get it done. When you pay £50m for an average Kyle Walker, what will you pay for a quality Mendy?

Arsenal then get it in the neck for not spending that bit extra.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Got to pay the bills. Will look for other employment first. Will then give the two week notice. If the employer had acted more diplomatic without actually issuing threats. The situation might be different. RVP should have taught the Gunners a valuable lesson. The player got all of the power.
Typical contracts of a pro player is very different from Joe Blogg/Mary Deuces at job junction c.
The contract got all the juice - you're assuming all clubs operate like we do @arsenal - Let's take RVP, his biggest cheerleader when he was trying to get a move was LVG(his then national coach) - they used the Dutch press to paint a horrible picture but those same political games fell flat @Manu - LVG threw
Robin under the bus & the rest is history.
ManU players cannot force their way to Liverpool & vice versa. the problem @arsenal was cos of stadia financing we just never played hardball if a player wanted a move.
Way b4 us Bayern had to play hardball with Real madrid over Ballack.
We cannot sell to Manc like none of their players can force a sale to us.
"The player got all of the power" - you do know that Suarez reached an agreement with us & we met the buyout price as expressed in the clause. The owner
said no cigar - terms & duration of contracts is back in power
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:Monaco reject £44.5m (€50m) bid from Manchester City for Benjamin Mendy. It is understood Monaco value him higher than Kyle Walker.

Everytime I read here that famous line, why not "pay that bit extra" for the player?

Well, therein lies the problem with "paying a bit extra" just to get it done. When you pay £50m for an average Kyle Walker, what will you pay for a quality Mendy?

Arsenal then get it in the neck for not spending that bit extra.
Euro-teams holding EPL teams to Ransome!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:280k per week rumored for Ozil???? No bloody way .... that loser is not worth that amount in pesos or naira :curse: what are they smoking at the Emirates :curse:
For me, Arsenal will get Ozil signed up before selling Sanchez for the right money. As much as I want to think Wenger will hold Sanchez to the final year of his contract. I just do not see Wenger doing it especially knowing the potential implications financially for the player.

Also, I do not think Sanchez is the type that will be professional and give his all if held to his contract. Sanchez has already been very disruptive in the last 2 seasons. For me he is too much if a diva to keep around and it will not be good for Arsenal. We have seen how the uncertainty over the Manager cost the club, we do not want similar issues with Sanchez.

I just hope we can sell him to PSG but knowing Arsenal, they will play PSG and Man City against each then sell to the highest bidder.
Any sale to ManC is a boost to their EPL title chances!!! Gotta be off the table.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

If PSG cough up the money, Alexis is gone
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If city coughs up 60 to 80 MP, he is gone./ Sanchez is good,but he is just one player. Arsenal can use that money to add two quality players.