The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by danfo driver »

Man! I love Wenger! He knows how to give them a little taste, so that they forget he is the problem. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

At this stage of his career, Cech makes most of his saves, when the ball is shot at him.
I would start Ospina over Cech. Ospina can still get better. Cech can not get any better.
Ospina had a clean sheet in Milan.
Bepanda
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:Congrats to the old man. I'm his biggest critic. But he earned his pay today.
Hopefully we see this type of effort more often.
Bepanda
Cito wrote:Cech gets his 200th clean sheet.
Truth is, we typically blame Cech for not making outstanding saves to help us. Most of the goals he concedes are those many GKs would also concede. You place a raggedy defense in front of him, while the defenders themselves have no DM cover, and you expect him to be a De Gea.
Sorry, the current Cech has been our best GK since Lehman retired. He's been better than Almumu, Fabianksy, Czezzer, and even Ospina.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Per Mertesacker says in an interview that he rather sit on the bench or in the stands than play anymore soccer game. He says he is done playing ball.
Ozil has broken Cantona EPL assist record. Congrats on Arsenal's new leader.
He had a fantastic game today. Picking up the ball in his own half, making runs with and without the ball, challenging defenders with ball on his feet, moving the ball FORWARD and faster than usual, and even shooting on goal. And he didn't defer to Granit Xhaka on free kicks. This is the leadership I expect from Mesut Ozil.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Skylolo wrote:Mikhitaryan: 9 Arsenal games 2 goals, 6 assists.
Amandianeze.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

We are back, 2 clean sheet back to back.Europa remain our target to CL.
Cech today save pk,I will go play lottery this evening at seven 7.
Wenger thanks for the small changes you did,small small you will also start benching players like Xhaka and Mustafi if they are having bad games.
Holding take a bow,first player Deeney,say he will be Arsenal hard man .
Can not wait for us to do a double on Milan
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Hmmm make una guess the first player in premier league history to reach 50 assists with the least appearances ?

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Anikulapo didn't zee it. :D

I know and probably the only one who never made the EPL team of The Year in that time with so many so called assists :taunt: one win against Watford and the Woofers are out :rotf: AGAIN :woot:

Well love or hate it...na Okpolo eyes and he is ahead of Cesc etc etc on that listt..

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ecord-time

Mesut Ozil became the fastest player in Premier League history to reach 50 assists during Arsenal's 3-0 win over Watford on Super Sunday, bringing up the milestone on his 141st appearance for the Gunners.

The playmaker hit the half-century in the eighth minute of the Emirates Stadium encounter, with his looping free-kick headed home by Shkodran Mustafi for Arsenal's 1,000th home goal of the Premier League era.

Ozil beat the assists record previously held by Eric Cantona, who made it to 50 in 143 appearances for Leeds and Manchester United during the 1990s.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

kajifu wrote:We are back, 2 clean sheet back to back.Europa remain our target to CL.
Wenger thanks for the small changes you did,small small you will also start benching players like Xhaka and Mustafi if they are having bad games.
Those of use that go to Emirates have told you cunts that Wenger is going nowhere! You can all go support Watford.

Where are all the Wenger must go fans? We dealt with them at the side that I was at Emirates. We true fans were singing Wenger for Life
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:We are back, 2 clean sheet back to back.Europa remain our target to CL.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

wanaj0 wrote:
Those of use that go to Emirates have told you cunts that Wenger is going nowhere! You can all go support Watford.

Where are all the Wenger must go fans? We dealt with them at the side that I was at Emirates. We true fans were singing Wenger for Life

:rotf:

Una don craze finish
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

anikulapo wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Una don craze finish
Those of us at the Emirates know that many players are already saying they will only play for Arsenal if Wenger is the coach. Some are even ready to play for free!

You saw Ozil? You saw Chech saving a penalty. That's the effect of the scientific approach to training that Wenger introduced last week. Only those of us at Emirates saw it.

Wenger and Arsenal is till death do us part. Anyone not satisfied can go and support Watford.

Henceforth, it will be fire for fire. All those fake gunners should go where the sun does not shine.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Una don craze finish
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Danfo abeg go support manure or toto abeg ..stop laughing at us.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Incredibly, Ozil became the fastest player in Premier League history to reach 50 assists (141 games), breaking Eric Cantona’s previous record (143 games).
Fastest to 50 Premier League assists

Mesut Ozil – 141 matches
Eric Cantona – 143 matches
Dennis Bergkamp – 146 matches
Cesar Fabregas – 165 matches
David Silva – 166 matches
As we told blind bats (thanks txj) on CE for years, Mesut Ozil......pure class, I hope you reach 100 assists at a even quicker rate. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/11/mesut-ozi ... to=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
To God be the glory
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^All assists vs middle of the road, riff-raffs. How many of those assists were as a result of El Neny's industry. #unsunghero
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:Incredibly, Ozil became the fastest player in Premier League history to reach 50 assists (141 games), breaking Eric Cantona’s previous record (143 games).

Mesut Ozil – 141 matches
As we told blind bats (thanks txj) on CE for years, Mesut Ozil......pure class, I hope you reach 100 assists at a even quicker rate. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Psst STATs football follower ... thank God some people actually know football

Cantona

Bergkamp

Cesc

Silva

Have all been named to ONE OR MORE EPL teams of the year except one ... I rest my case :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lemme ask a question to our stats based football managers .... pray tell what GM in their right mind would take Ozil over any of those players in their prime :rotf: :rotf:

FOOTBALL MORONS :rotf:

Keep counting and cherry stats .... DUMMIES
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Incredibly, Ozil became the fastest player in Premier League history to reach 50 assists (141 games), breaking Eric Cantona’s previous record (143 games).

Mesut Ozil – 141 matches

Cantona

Bergkamp

Cesc

Silva

Have all been named to ONE OR MORE EPL teams of the year except one ... I rest my case :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lemme ask a question to our stats based football managers .... pray tell what GM in their right mind would take Ozil over any of those players in their prime :rotf: :rotf:

You can face the facts or continue to flap around arguing with yourself like a blind bat, entirely up to you..... :mrgreen:
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Mesut Ozil – 141 matches

Cantona

Bergkamp

Cesc

Silva

You can face the facts or continue to flap around arguing with yourself like a blind bat, entirely up to you..... :mrgreen:

Facts? I left them bare for you and you tucked tail and are evading the truth like small Nkita :mrgreen: okay I will bring this one up :mrgreen:

Still think Ospina is a better option than Cech? :mrgreen: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

SLOWLOCO:

Finally Ospina should be our No.1 goalkeeper right now”

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I’m watching this game over again and I notice the confidence Arsenal defenders and players have in El Neny ... whenever they have the ball and need an outlet. Reminds me of the role Santi used to play when Wenger said that everyone on the field, especially the Defenders always look for him as an outlet as soon as they get the ball...

His first touch to control or make a one time pass under pressure plus his peripheral vision is unbelievable ... compare him to the lousy Swiss donkey who has lead feet, can’t dribble, can’t jump, can’t receive and control a ball under pressure .... ahhhh whatever Arsene knows :woot:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

On current form Iwobi might be on his way to Bournemouth ... his performances have just not been good enough

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Mesut Ozil – 141 matches

Cantona

Bergkamp

Cesc

Silva

Facts? I left them bare for you and you tucked tail and are evading the truth like small Nkita :mrgreen: okay I will bring this one up :mrgreen:

You are a funny guy who will rather ramble all over the place instead of facing the truth. Instead of admitting you were wrong about Ozil, you draw Ospina into it.

I have never been Peter Cechs biggest fan (likely because I never believed Goalkeeping was our problem or the nonsense the press put out at the time that a proper GK like Cech will be worth 10+ points to us every season) but unlike you I will support him he is a Arsenal player and unlike you I will be objective in my analysis of his performance. Ospina is a solid GK and even if Cech was better than him before I do not think that is any longer the case this season more so recently.

Now to recent performances, Cech has been poor but thankfully had a good performance today saving a PK and keeping a clean sheet. I have already come out in previous posts today to express my happiness and hope this will positively affect his confidence. However every Arsenal fan will remember this in the depths of our troubles and at Milan away who was the GK that kept the first clean sheet for Arsenal in almost 2 months....yes none other than Osssssssssssspiiiiiiinnnnnaaaaaaaa!

At the end of the day they are both Arsenal GK’s, Wenger and his staff decides who plays. And whoever plays has my 100% support, one would hope you can learn to be critical but also objective. And yes even after Cechs performance today I’d still have Ospina as my number 1.....I am willing to trade his weakness on crosses vs. Cech for his strength in shot stopping, distribution and Agility. Those weaknesses did not stop us from being mostly successful in the competitions he played in for us.
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Mesut Ozil – 141 matches

Cantona

Bergkamp

Cesc

Silva

You are a funny guy who will rather ramble all over the place instead of facing the truth. Instead of admitting you were wrong about Ozil, you draw Ospina into it.

I have never been Peter Cechs biggest fan (likely because I never believed Goalkeeping was our problem or the nonsense the press put out at the time that a proper GK like Cech will be worth 10+ points to us every season) but unlike you I will support him he is a Arsenal player and unlike you I will be objective in my analysis of his performance. Ospina is a solid GK and even if Cech was better than him before I do not think that is any longer the case this season more so recently.

Now to recent performances, Cech has been poor but thankfully had a good performance today saving a PK and keeping a clean sheet. I have already come out in previous posts today to express my happiness and hope this will positively affect his confidence. However every Arsenal fan will remember this in the depths of our troubles and at Milan away who was the GK that kept the first clean sheet for Arsenal in almost 2 months....yes none other than Osssssssssssspiiiiiiinnnnnaaaaaaaa!

At the end of the day they are both Arsenal GK’s, Wenger and his staff decides who plays. And whoever plays has my 100% support, one would hope you can learn to be critical but also objective. And yes even after Cechs performance today I’d still have Ospina as my number 1.....I am willing to trade his weakness on crosses vs. Cech for his strength in shot stopping, distribution and Agility. Those weaknesses did not stop us from being mostly successful in the competitions he played in for us.

What have I been wrong about regarding Ozil?

He is a clutch player wanted by every major club in the world :rotf:

He is a big game changer wanted by every club in the world ? :rotf:

Ahhhhh never mind keep deluding yourself :rotf:

And yes after all your rambling I’m surprised you don’t have your usual fake stats to tell us why Ospina is better than Cech :rotf:

MUGU :mrgreen:

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Mesut Ozil – 141 matches

Cantona

Bergkamp

Cesc

Silva

What have I been wrong about regarding Ozil?

He is a clutch player wanted by every major club in the world :rotf:

He is a big game changer wanted by every club in the world ? :rotf:

Ahhhhh never mind keep deluding yourself :rotf:

And yes after all your rambling I’m surprised you don’t have your usual fake stats to tell us why Ospina is better than Cech :rotf:

MUGU :mrgreen:
When the stats were presented on Ozil, you started rambling like a blind bat. Now you want Stats to prove Ospina is better than Cech...what a clown :rotf: :rotf:
To God be the glory