The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Given recent results at the Saints, this was not a bad result. I do not agree with the doom and gloom merchants. I put this game plus Leicester and West Ham Away as our toughest out of the top 6. Getting a point after an average performance was not bad.

We are in the race for 2nd, with Sanchez being hopeless and non committed again in application and overall performance, I ask when are we going to be rid of him? He gave away the ball 32 times today, just 2 short of his record in the ManU game before. Sanchez, is a top player but he is not doing it at present. I will not miss him when he is gone. Bellerin needs to be dropped, he has been poor for too many games since last season.

When we needed momentum we lost Ramsey and had to play out the last 10 minutes plus extra time with 10 men cos we had used all subs. Given the circumstances, it was not a bad result in my opinion.

Wenger knows games are coming thick and fast, our home record is key but we must improve away from home. We have the game, system and tactics, but we need all players concentrating for 90 minutes. In the modern game, you do not get away with giving up the first goal like we once did with the type of players we can afford. The stats are there, even though we have the best record coming
from behind in the league this season, our record when we score first is far more impressive.

Unfortunately for us, we just cannot keep a stable unit of defenders, our best defensive combo of Mustafi, Kos and Monreal have conceded the least goals (2) but we need them playing more times together. With Ramsey being out, I wonder who plays against West Ham. Does he change it, making Xhaka play a DM role as opposed to box to box CM role, with Wilshere as his partner? Or does he play both as box to box CMs? Like he has done with Xhaka and Ramsey?
Our midfield off the ball is also a major weakness Waffi. The way the opposition breezes past our midfield right into the heart of our defenders has been an issue for years. So often our CB's are left outnumbered due to our midfield being slow to lock in mentally and physically. Lack of communication off the ball still a major issue for Arsenal, watch the games where Arsenal defend well i.e @ Chelsea, @ Burnley, Spurs and there is clear focus on communication between Cech and CB's, between CB's and wing backs, between CB's and midfield. Contrast that to games where Arsenal are in full blown snooze mode i.e 1st half at Southampton, 2nd half @ Stoke, 2nd half @ Watford, @ Liverpool..it's total radio silence.

I just don't get why this remains an issue in December. FFS TALK!!!! Why are the Arsenal still cherry picking which opponent merits a locked in solid 90 minute effort? We know how winning away in the PL works, lock in defensively, weather the storm and sooner or later nick 1-0 or 2-0 victory against a dogged adversary.

Back in early days of Emirates one understood naive lapses due to inexperience but the last 4 seasons this is a squad laden with experience at every level, in every situation, yet still they act like part time workers.
I do not disagree with your points. It is becoming clear the team will be broken up. Some rumours around suggests the club is already in the process of building a new team.
Have said it severally on these pages, the pitch discipline of Xhaka and Ramsey is key to how we pan out this season. Once again after the match against Spuds, they have both abandon the discipline to displayed in that match. Against Southampton, there was a point where by both Ramsey and Xhaka were in Southampton 18. I was like WHAT? That was even when Pers was still on the pitch.
I pray in January, AW buys a proper CM who's defensive conscious and has pitch discipline.
In his pre-season breakdown special on Arsenal.com, Adrian Clarke (Fully badged UEFA coach and ex Arsenal player)noted how losing possession cheaply in deep areas was a chief concern.

Against Liverpool, City, ManU and Southampton this season, we have conceded 11 goals more than half of them as a result of giving the ball away in our own half and they have costs us points. We also gave up 3 goals against Huddersfield and Leicester for the same mistakes but got away with it.

Don't say to me this has not been looked at, worked on and discussed amongst the Coaching Staff. The intangibles, like mental strength and lack of leadership etc are quickly banded out, but I think the truth is, the technical level is just lower than it needs to be. The loss of Arteta and Cazorla (especially) is felt, cos we do not have any with their ability to deal with the press and pass under pressure.

We get a very easy ride on our passing, because it is just assumed that Wenger sides pass the ball well at the expense of all else. But teams have sussed this out knowing that we lack a technical leader in that midfield and in defence. Monreal is effectively the best passer under pressure cos he is least likely to make a mistake under pressure.

For me, the issues are far more technical than these intangibles lazily banded about. Honestly, I believe it is often just lazy thinking to assign our issues to unproven mental tropes. The patterns in our flaws are entirely technical and maybe a little physical too.

Go analyse all these goals abd see what options were available when the ball was given away. Midfield movement is not what it was when Cazorla was running things. Santi will ask for the ball even if he had 2 men on him. He picked out the Widebacks with ease and with opposition stretched, we quickly reversed it back inside to exploit the spaces the width in our play has created. Now it is often hard to pick out the Widebacks and teams defend easier.

Go see how many times that ball to the Wideback is intercepted this season cos the build up is slow and predictable. Astute Analysts and Managers of other teams spot potential weaknesses and come up with ways to exploit them. The early high press by opponents in our defensive third is a feature causing errors and goals this season.

What is annoying is we have self destruct too often over situations we are in control of. Too many long passes across, when a short pass is needed. A gambled pass chosen over a safe out ball to the opponents half. The good thing is, it can be sorted out like we sorted out our set piece defending and became 1st and 2nd in goals conceded from set piece in the last 2 seasons. There will also be changes to the team.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Given recent results at the Saints, this was not a bad result. I do not agree with the doom and gloom merchants. I put this game plus Leicester and West Ham Away as our toughest out of the top 6. Getting a point after an average performance was not bad.

We are in the race for 2nd, with Sanchez being hopeless and non committed again in application and overall performance, I ask when are we going to be rid of him? He gave away the ball 32 times today, just 2 short of his record in the ManU game before. Sanchez, is a top player but he is not doing it at present. I will not miss him when he is gone. Bellerin needs to be dropped, he has been poor for too many games since last season.

When we needed momentum we lost Ramsey and had to play out the last 10 minutes plus extra time with 10 men cos we had used all subs. Given the circumstances, it was not a bad result in my opinion.

Wenger knows games are coming thick and fast, our home record is key but we must improve away from home. We have the game, system and tactics, but we need all players concentrating for 90 minutes. In the modern game, you do not get away with giving up the first goal like we once did with the type of players we can afford. The stats are there, even though we have the best record coming
from behind in the league this season, our record when we score first is far more impressive.

Unfortunately for us, we just cannot keep a stable unit of defenders, our best defensive combo of Mustafi, Kos and Monreal have conceded the least goals (2) but we need them playing more times together. With Ramsey being out, I wonder who plays against West Ham. Does he change it, making Xhaka play a DM role as opposed to box to box CM role, with Wilshere as his partner? Or does he play both as box to box CMs? Like he has done with Xhaka and Ramsey?
Our midfield off the ball is also a major weakness Waffi. The way the opposition breezes past our midfield right into the heart of our defenders has been an issue for years. So often our CB's are left outnumbered due to our midfield being slow to lock in mentally and physically. Lack of communication off the ball still a major issue for Arsenal, watch the games where Arsenal defend well i.e @ Chelsea, @ Burnley, Spurs and there is clear focus on communication between Cech and CB's, between CB's and wing backs, between CB's and midfield. Contrast that to games where Arsenal are in full blown snooze mode i.e 1st half at Southampton, 2nd half @ Stoke, 2nd half @ Watford, @ Liverpool..it's total radio silence.

I just don't get why this remains an issue in December. FFS TALK!!!! Why are the Arsenal still cherry picking which opponent merits a locked in solid 90 minute effort? We know how winning away in the PL works, lock in defensively, weather the storm and sooner or later nick 1-0 or 2-0 victory against a dogged adversary.

Back in early days of Emirates one understood naive lapses due to inexperience but the last 4 seasons this is a squad laden with experience at every level, in every situation, yet still they act like part time workers.
I do not disagree with your points. It is becoming clear the team will be broken up. Some rumours around suggests the club is already in the process of building a new team.
Have said it severally on these pages, the pitch discipline of Xhaka and Ramsey is key to how we pan out this season. Once again after the match against Spuds, they have both abandon the discipline to displayed in that match. Against Southampton, there was a point where by both Ramsey and Xhaka were in Southampton 18. I was like WHAT? That was even when Pers was still on the pitch.
I pray in January, AW buys a proper CM who's defensive conscious and has pitch discipline.
In his pre-season breakdown special on Arsenal.com, Adrian Clarke (Fully badged UEFA coach and ex Arsenal player)noted how losing possession cheaply in deep areas was a chief concern.

Against Liverpool, City, ManU and Southampton this season, we have conceded 11 goals more than half of them as a result of giving the ball away in our own half and they have costs us points. We also gave up 3 goals against Huddersfield and Leicester for the same mistakes but got away with it.

Don't say to me this has not been looked at, worked on and discussed amongst the Coaching Staff. The intangibles, like mental strength and lack of leadership etc are quickly banded out, but I think the truth is, the technical level is just lower than it needs to be. The loss of Arteta and Cazorla (especially) is felt, cos we do not have any with their ability to deal with the press and pass under pressure.

We get a very easy ride on our passing, because it is just assumed that Wenger sides pass the ball well at the expense of all else. But teams have sussed this out knowing that we lack a technical leader in that midfield and in defence. Monreal is effectively the best passer under pressure cos he is least likely to make a mistake under pressure.

For me, the issues are far more technical than these intangibles lazily banded about. Honestly, I believe it is often just lazy thinking to assign our issues to unproven mental tropes. The patterns in our flaws are entirely technical and maybe a little physical too.

Go analyse all these goals abd see what options were available when the ball was given away. Midfield movement is not what it was when Cazorla was running things. Santi will ask for the ball even if he had 2 men on him. He picked out the Widebacks with ease and with opposition stretched, we quickly reversed it back inside to exploit the spaces the width in our play has created. Now it is often hard to pick out the Widebacks and teams defend easier.

Go see how many times that ball to the Wideback is intercepted this season cos the build up is slow and predictable. Astute Analysts and Managers of other teams spot potential weaknesses and come up with ways to exploit them. The early high press by opponents in our defensive third is a feature causing errors and goals this season.

What is annoying is we have self destruct too often over situations we are in control of. Too many long passes across, when a short pass is needed. A gambled pass chosen over a safe out ball to the opponents half. The good thing is, it can be sorted out like we sorted out our set piece defending and became 1st and 2nd in goals conceded from set piece in the last 2 seasons. There will also be changes to the team.

Agree with the analysis but disagree with the apparent failure to address obvious issues.

You, we and the coaching crew have identified the problem, why are they not bringing in the right personnel to do the job?
The continued reference to Arteta and Cazorla is annoying. These guys are gone, replace them. Still counting on Cazorla to me is pure madness. Xhaka, Coq and Ramsay cannot do it. Their skill level is well below that capacity.
Go out and get the right players. Stop pinching pennies and letting players go to other teams.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

bouncino wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Agree with the analysis but disagree with the apparent failure to address obvious issues.

You, we and the coaching crew have identified the problem, why are they not bringing in the right personnel to do the job?
The continued reference to Arteta and Cazorla is annoying. These guys are gone, replace them. Still counting on Cazorla to me is pure madness. Xhaka, Coq and Ramsay cannot do it. Their skill level is well below that capacity.
Go out and get the right players. Stop pinching pennies and letting players go to other teams.
Fallout between Dein and late Danny Fiszman has done immeasurable damage to Arsenal.

Damage is/was deep and layered. One obvious consequence was Arsenal inability to close deals for attainable, quality players. Exhausting to go through all the players on Arsenal radar that the club missed out on due to AW dithering or d#$% Law incompetence.

Hopefully arrivals of Fahmy, Sanllehi, Mislintat, among others will drastically change the climate of ineptitude that has prevailed at Arsenal post David Dein.

3 players that should be at top of Arsenal must attain list...Mattia Caldara, Oblak and Goretzka.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:Oga Plat thanks for well explain facts about the game of beloved.
As for Ndidi Wenger will waste his talent,did not Elneny was similar to him?Where is he today?Wenger will bench him for his high purchase players.Wenger has his style and he only try to change it when the going get tough.
Ndidi should be thinking of a bigger club that want to win major trophies not this Wenger rubbish.Uncle Mike want to take him to Monaco and Liverpool is looking at him.
Arsenal #1issue is the manager Wenger,you give him this city team he will make them more weak with his approach
Elneny's first ball out of defense can be excellent sometimes. At other times, it can be shaky. His ability to play as just a destroyer/ballwinner isn't at the same level as our SE star. Ndidi wins balls like no one else. Even Kante. Attack wise, Elneny is average, nothing spectacular. If you've seen his games lately (the ones he's played, you will have noticed he can be frustrating too with possession and even without). As a sum, he is a decent player, good player but in an Arsenal midfield where you have to cover for the defense and help the attack, I don't know that he's shown enough which is likely why he doesn't play.

Mind you, the combination of Elneny and someone else could do the trick but the reason I speak of Ndidi is he's a player who does the 3 things at an above average to excellent level. The kind who can change the dynamic of a midfield while covering the lapses of his partner(s).
Thanks once again for your free lecture but biko don't wish Ndidi bad luck haba,allow the boy to go to a better team that can help him be a much better player.Wenger will mess him up and you know it but you just don't want to say it.
Plat what is your take on the CL knock out draw?PSG vs Real?Barca vs Chelsea,Spurs vs Juve.Liverpool vs Porto,Sevilla vs Manu.
Which is the tie that is most balance?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

realtrouble wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Wow building a new team?Hahaha disgraceful if the club can't see what is wrong with this team.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Did not last year they claim we have a complete team now to compete and the is money?All of a sudden they want to building a new team.When will this madness stop,since moving to emirate, how many times has Wenger be building a team that can challenge for the major trophies?Hopefully their new rebuilding will include sacking Wenger or let him go.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Hope for Tomorrow.

Giroud, Iwobi, Theophilus, and Holding come in. Play back 4. Play 3 in Midfield, with mesut as 10 and Jacque as 8.

KOs, Alexis, Kolasinac, and Lacazette on the Bench.

Starting Line up.

Cech

Bellerin Per Holding Monreal

Shaka Ozil Jacque

Theophilus Giroud Iwobi
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Hope for Tomorrow.

Giroud, Iwobi, Theophilus, and Holding come in. Play back 4. Play 3 in Midfield, with mesut as 10 and Jacque as 8.

Starting Line up.

Cech

Shaka Ozil Jacque

Theophilus Giroud Iwobi

And to think I thought you were only clueless on the field smh :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/manches ... inho-trust

When I warned of the folly of the So called Armenian Pele, some of the always wrong, know nothing clowns were flapping their gums .... well :woot: :woot: :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
As for Ndidi Wenger will waste his talent,did not Elneny was similar to him?Where is he today?Wenger will bench him for his high purchase players.Wenger has his style and he only try to change it when the going get tough.
Ndidi should be thinking of a bigger club that want to win major trophies not this Wenger rubbish.Uncle Mike want to take him to Monaco and Liverpool is looking at him.
Arsenal #1issue is the manager Wenger,you give him this city team he will make them more weak with his approach
Elneny's first ball out of defense can be excellent sometimes. At other times, it can be shaky. His ability to play as just a destroyer/ballwinner isn't at the same level as our SE star. Ndidi wins balls like no one else. Even Kante. Attack wise, Elneny is average, nothing spectacular. If you've seen his games lately (the ones he's played, you will have noticed he can be frustrating too with possession and even without). As a sum, he is a decent player, good player but in an Arsenal midfield where you have to cover for the defense and help the attack, I don't know that he's shown enough which is likely why he doesn't play.

Mind you, the combination of Elneny and someone else could do the trick but the reason I speak of Ndidi is he's a player who does the 3 things at an above average to excellent level. The kind who can change the dynamic of a midfield while covering the lapses of his partner(s).
Thanks once again for your free lecture but biko don't wish Ndidi bad luck haba,allow the boy to go to a better team that can help him be a much better player.Wenger will mess him up and you know it but you just don't want to say it.
Plat what is your take on the CL knock out draw?PSG vs Real?Barca vs Chelsea,Spurs vs Juve.Liverpool vs Porto,Sevilla vs Manu.

Oga kajifu,

I wish Ndidi the best. I'm sure you've heard me say several times, my emotion is for the Super Eagles not Arsenal. The reason I bring Arsenal up for him is there is an obvious need there for him. He'd start and make a huge impact. If there're other clubs in Europe where that'd be the case then sure, let him go there but I believe he and Arsenal can have a mutually beneficial relationship. It can be a stepping stone for him.

CL knockout? Some good games, we'll see where those teams are health wise when the game times come. Real v PSG should be war. I think Barcelona will knock Chelsea out cleanly, Conte struggles in Europe. Spurs are unlucky, Juve are wily competitors, they are just the kind of team not to face in the knockout phase, even though this season they've been playing a bit scared, hard to call that one. when I think of it. Liverpool and United should walk their games.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/manches ... inho-trust

When I warned of the folly of the So called Armenian Pele, some of the always wrong, know nothing clowns were flapping their gums .... well :woot: :woot: :woot:
Cowardice is a bad thing, when you want to address people, call them by name instead of hiding behind little jibes and shadow name calling. You're a grown up....i think.

I have lauded Mkhitaryan. He's struggling at United at the moment. Big deal. Does that take away from him as a player? I guess Mata who Mourinho famously had trouble with is a bad player now? De Bruyne who Mourinho threw away is a bad player? Lukaku? Salah? The Armenian Pele remains a good player who can add a lot to most sides, nothing about the present changes that.

When you make arguments, make intelligent ones not silly self-serving, know-it-all arguments based on feelings and little logic. The Armenian and the Gabonese turned out to be the best buys any of the clubs made that summer as I said they would while you were arguing blindly without having seen either man play, buy a jersey and sit in the corner if you don't know left from right.
Last edited by platinum on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:

Starting Line up.

Cech

Shaka Ozil Jacque

Theophilus Giroud Iwobi

Rotation Mugu.

If I was clueless, what does that make you, given the daily abuse I used to give you.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:

Oga kajifu,

I wish Ndidi the best. I'm sure you've heard me say several times, my emotion is for the Super Eagles not Arsenal. The reason I bring Arsenal up for him is there is an obvious need there for him. He'd start and make a huge impact. If there're other clubs in Europe where that'd be the case then sure, let him go there but I believe he and Arsenal can have a mutually beneficial relationship. It can be a stepping stone for him.

CL knockout? Some good games, we'll see where those teams are health wise when the game times come. Real v PSG should be war. I think Barcelona will knock Chelsea out cleanly, Conte struggles in Europe. Spurs are unlucky, Juve are wily competitors, they are just the kind of team not to face in the knockout phase, even though this season they've been playing a bit scared, hard to call that one. when I think of it. Liverpool and United should walk their games.
Oga Plat how can one separate emotion from this Arsenal team?Some time I just get upset with myself expecting something different when the bad result happen but its clear it will happen.
Any well as for Ndidi he will not win anything major under Wenger,let him go where he can get paid better and back it up with trophies.My issue is wenger need to leave for Arsenal to grow,the club can start looking for his replacement as he can one day just leave and the club don't even know what next to do.Do you think he will pay Ndidi like the likes of Walcott,Ramsey and even Jack?
Back to CL I think Spurs and Juve is balance,Juve not been at their best but we will know in few months which club is healthy and in form
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I heard a rumor that Real Madrid want to dash us some money in January for Alexis Sanchez.

If true I say Thank you Alexis for 3 great years and good luck at R. Madrid.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Starting Line up.

Cech

Shaka Ozil Jacque

Theophilus Giroud Iwobi

Rotation Mugu.

If I was clueless, what does that make you, given the daily abuse I used to give you.

In your whole Soccer career you were always a bench warmer so how could you abuse anyone .... oh yeah you did by logging in here under a fake name to start fights :mrgreen: :mrgreen: yep typical internet ogbologbo :mrgreen: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Two unreliable British papers and a suspect Spanish one are reporting that arsenal have completed terms for a January transfer for Nzonzi .... will believe that when I see it

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Our midfield off the ball is also a major weakness Waffi. The way the opposition breezes past our midfield right into the heart of our defenders has been an issue for years. So often our CB's are left outnumbered due to our midfield being slow to lock in mentally and physically. Lack of communication off the ball still a major issue for Arsenal, watch the games where Arsenal defend well i.e @ Chelsea, @ Burnley, Spurs and there is clear focus on communication between Cech and CB's, between CB's and wing backs, between CB's and midfield. Contrast that to games where Arsenal are in full blown snooze mode i.e 1st half at Southampton, 2nd half @ Stoke, 2nd half @ Watford, @ Liverpool..it's total radio silence.

Fallout between Dein and late Danny Fiszman has done immeasurable damage to Arsenal.

Damage is/was deep and layered. One obvious consequence was Arsenal inability to close deals for attainable, quality players. Exhausting to go through all the players on Arsenal radar that the club missed out on due to AW dithering or d#$% Law incompetence.

Hopefully arrivals of Fahmy, Sanllehi, Mislintat, among others will drastically change the climate of ineptitude that has prevailed at Arsenal post David Dein.

3 players that should be at top of Arsenal must attain list...Mattia Caldara, Oblak and Goretzka.
I concur with Danny and Dein fall out. It is only now with Sanllehi we have come close to replacing Dein.

Rumours of Goretzka, Mascherano, Lemar and Nzonzi.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Starting Line up.

Cech

Shaka Ozil Jacque

Theophilus Giroud Iwobi

Rotation Mugu.

In your whole Soccer career you were always a bench warmer so how could you abuse anyone .... oh yeah you did by logging in here under a fake name to start fights :mrgreen: :mrgreen: yep typical internet ogbologbo :mrgreen: :rotf:
Stop being silly how could I abuse you in an official game? But we did play every weekday ... garri drinking special almost daily. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

My bro, this is another one that baffles. The way we leave ourselves short by not securing out main targets window after window is so frustrating.

But the last window was truly disastrous. I remember discussing with French jornos Matt Spiro and Julian Leurens about Lemar. I followed Lemar in the French league cos I heard rumours about Wenger being interested and I liked his game from the moment I first saw him play.

I remember asking where they thought Lemar would play, without hesitation, they both said he will probably play the role Santi plays or the wide left side. They argued that Lemar would give Wenger tactical flexibility cos he gave Wenger the option of 3 positions. Look how we messed it all up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

What happened to Watfords Cajones?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Starting Line up.

Cech

Shaka Ozil Jacque

Theophilus Giroud Iwobi

Rotation Mugu.

Stop being silly how could I abuse you in an official game? But we did play every weekday ... garri drinking special almost daily. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hehehehehe some people we know would love to read the fables of fantasy and delusions of grandeur wey you dey fabu for here .... pray I don't invite them to this site .... might be a rough going for you :woot: :woot:

You know they don't hold back :mrgreen:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Starting Line up.

Cech

Shaka Ozil Jacque

Theophilus Giroud Iwobi
Ramsey's injury notwithstanding Xhaka needs benchtime - he hasn't handled the pressure of competition for places well at all. Holding has been a shadow of what he was @FAcup - he isn't ahead of Chambers on performances. Monreal as out & out LB is shaky - his pace is fast decreasing.
We play them again 6days after in the Carabao Cup. I expext direct & physical ball - we need power. Arthur Masuaku is a problem - he must be contained.There's a valid argument for dropping Alexis based on performances but my breathe will hold not!!!

Cech

Bellerin Chambers Kos Monreal

Elneny Ozil Jacque

Welbeck Giroud Alexis

* https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... am-Chelsea
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/manches ... inho-trust

That kid w/o any doubt has high level technical capabilities but in a JM coached club with power axis of Pogba & Zlatan forming you can't be mentally timid - so much of what he's going thru reminds one of a certain Hleb @Barca.
The first misjudgement he made was to fall under the spell of Super-agent Mino Raiola - he also reps Zlatan & Pogba - Henrikh was Arsenal bound but the agent sold the dream of a new Empire. JM too needed the agent's help in keeping Pogba from circling Euro-giants - so a package deal happened - he lacks the directness & aggression JM wants in such players like Willian.
Can he be saved perhaps @liverpool if Coutinho leaves? ManU will not do that deal - unlike Sallah who has come back to the EPL @25 - this kid's 28 & will want sick money - he genuinely looks lost.
The way Pep's got ManC dancing might make ManU sell him for cheap - his next move will be a huge call - hope it doesn't become another Hleb-like tragedy.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:What happened to Watfords Cajones?
Burnley replaced them :taunt: since their captain has no respect for beloved