The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

This is a new era of CL football, level of skill, pace, tempo, fitness makes any team on the back the foot prone to having their doors blown off no matter the lead on aggregate. To use that Barca game to define Emery is incredibly disingenuous.
No, if you've followed Emery, you'll know why that tie is an apt description. And no one is beating Arsenal on the head, calm down and read what folks have written. I think generally he has been hailed as a good manager albeit one with flaws.....as is the case with every manager. People pointed out and continue to point out Pep Guardiola's flaws, you expect Emery to go scot-free from that? Cmon TG, you know better. Adjust your expectations to include reality.
It's not hard Emery and Jardim were the best candidates.

Likes of Simeone and Allgeri were never realistic options.

Reaction from many Gooners as if there was a can't miss manager on the market. Would Gooers have been content if Valverde replaced AW? How about Favre? How about Nagelsmann? Gooners still caught up in message manager complex, the manager who lead Arsenal to the promised land.

Key is building a hierarchy that builds a path to success, 12 months ago if someone had informed Gooners hierarchy would be Salehi, Mislintat, Fahmy and Emery they would have been over the moon.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
PSG recent failures do not define Emery for me, a few have tried before him and failed to win the CL. It is hard to argue that he did not get the most from PSG's players, how many other managers got more of out PSG? I also feel PSG’s football has been the best under him, in terms of style....

His work at Sevilla is what defines him for me, he showed he could build and get the best from a good set of players. I have wanted him at Arsenal ever since tbh....it is a big job at Arsenal rebuilding this team and uniting this fan base we need a proper Coach, who has positive charisma too....I have always felt Emery is our guy.
I concur. :clap: :clap: :clap:

He did not fail at PSG to be fair.
He failed at PSG, that's why he's no longer coaching them. Just like Pep failed at FC Bayern.
Those sides have a different level of expectation from Arsenal and he failed to do what he was brought in to do.

Those failures doesn't mean the men are not good coaches.
I guess you see winning as failure. I don't. where did you get that from?

Winning the CL, a glorified Cup competition does not define the meaning of success to me. Winning the league and becoming a Champion is the true definition of success by anyone's standards in football. I don't buy this CL crap as the meaning of success. I am old school and know what the values of the game are, not hype. glorified cup competition, okay, arsenal has won it how many times? I guess the world cup is a glorified cup too, the real win is topping the table during qualifying

Also, winning anything is success because it takes a lot to win in this game. It should never be sneered at. If winning was so easy, why do financially doped clubs do all that spending? You're preaching to the choir

Besides, I take it Pep is a failure in England cos he has not won the CL. :lol: :lol: :lol: We had discussions about Pep before he came into the league, and what success would mean for him....I can pull up those threads if you like
As far as my opinion being everyone's, that makes no sense. I'm merely going by what's been said on this forum vis-a-vis the discussions we've been having. This will get pedantic very quickly if we go round and round on inane things.

He didn't fail at Paris in your books. Good to know.
Waffi is amazing.
This is the same guy who was praising wenger for winning the freaking FA cup and all of a sudden the Champions league is overrated :rotf: :rotf:
He just said winning the league is more important than Champions league........does that mean Arsene Wenger has been failure the last ten years coz he aint won the important cup which is the league in those 10 years?
Comprehension deficit. You read what I wrote, then wrote that crap above.

Did you read this bit:

"Also, winning anything is success because it takes a lot to win in this game. It should never be sneered at."

Of course you did, why write the bile you just wrote?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

This is a new era of CL football, level of skill, pace, tempo, fitness makes any team on the back the foot prone to having their doors blown off no matter the lead on aggregate. To use that Barca game to define Emery is incredibly disingenuous.
No, if you've followed Emery, you'll know why that tie is an apt description. And no one is beating Arsenal on the head, calm down and read what folks have written. I think generally he has been hailed as a good manager albeit one with flaws.....as is the case with every manager. People pointed out and continue to point out Pep Guardiola's flaws, you expect Emery to go scot-free from that? Cmon TG, you know better. Adjust your expectations to include reality.

Reaction from many Gooners as if there was a can't miss manager on the market. Would Gooers have been content if Valverde replaced AW? How about Favre? How about Nagelsmann? Gooners still caught up in message manager complex, the manager who lead Arsenal to the promised land.

Key is building a hierarchy that builds a path to success, 12 months ago if someone had informed Gooners hierarchy would be Salehi, Mislintat, Fahmy and Emery they would have been over the moon.
Many Arsenal fan are not taken with those names. They must deliver first.

Arsenal have now moved on to the next phase since the Emirates move. Wenger has done his bit, things must now moved on. The club have paid off more than half the mortgage and have the cash in the bank to pay off the mortgage plus penalties for early settlement. The banks no longer own Arsenal football club cos of its debt. Wenger delivered all of these and silverware. The Board have been truly thankful to the man.

Galzidis and his team must now deliver or else, there will hell at the Emirates. IMHO, they have given themselves the best chance of success if they appoint Unai Emery.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with jus" iCt recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

With all those big name players - to capitulate to Barca & lose to a beatable Real Madrid cannot be explained away by the late Johnny Cochran - those results are why he is where he is now.
He has to do something extraordinary with Arsenal to affect the script as it stands. Why was a guy so special with Sevilla fail with special players at PSG - valid questions
Plethora of reasons, massive ego's, dysfunctional squad, lack of legit competition in ligue 1, ala Bayern munich.

Again People using Emery’s CL record at PSG as a reason to be concerned?

1. Worry about that when we’re back in the CL.

2. Saint Guardiola of Manchester was eliminated at the same stage of the CL with his £500m squad, and nobody seems to care.
Nasser Al-Khelaifi (PSG president) & co haven't spent all that money to just win the French league. They'd proven winners -
Cavani, De Maria, Neymar yet played scared. What has he learnt from that situation against future recurrence.
Pep getting a 100pts out of a possible 114 in the EPL is epic.

"massive ego's, dysfunctional squad" - reads like Arsenal to me - how does he & the board plan to shutdown any nonsense from the get go?

Strengths: Tactical flexibility & adaptability - big on game details. I've wanted for a long time a gaffer who'd those
qualities - good thing for the selfish gooner is that a few of our key players aren't going to the WC. So very productive preseason(should be).
Key point - Gotta wave a bigstick!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
PSG recent failures do not define Emery for me, a few have tried before him and failed to win the CL. It is hard to argue that he did not get the most from PSG's players, how many other managers got more of out PSG? I also feel PSG’s football has been the best under him, in terms of style....

His work at Sevilla is what defines him for me, he showed he could build and get the best from a good set of players. I have wanted him at Arsenal ever since tbh....it is a big job at Arsenal rebuilding this team and uniting this fan base we need a proper Coach, who has positive charisma too....I have always felt Emery is our guy.
I concur. :clap: :clap: :clap:

He did not fail at PSG to be fair.
He failed at PSG, that's why he's no longer coaching them. Just like Pep failed at FC Bayern.
Those sides have a different level of expectation from Arsenal and he failed to do what he was brought in to do.

Those failures doesn't mean the men are not good coaches.
I guess you see winning as failure. I don't. where did you get that from?

Winning the CL, a glorified Cup competition does not define the meaning of success to me. Winning the league and becoming a Champion is the true definition of success by anyone's standards in football. I don't buy this CL crap as the meaning of success. I am old school and know what the values of the game are, not hype. glorified cup competition, okay, arsenal has won it how many times? I guess the world cup is a glorified cup too, the real win is topping the table during qualifying

Also, winning anything is success because it takes a lot to win in this game. It should never be sneered at. If winning was so easy, why do financially doped clubs do all that spending? You're preaching to the choir

Besides, I take it Pep is a failure in England cos he has not won the CL. :lol: :lol: :lol: We had discussions about Pep before he came into the league, and what success would mean for him....I can pull up those threads if you like
As far as my opinion being everyone's, that makes no sense. I'm merely going by what's been said on this forum vis-a-vis the discussions we've been having. This will get pedantic very quickly if we go round and round on inane things.

He didn't fail at Paris in your books. Good to know.
Waffi is amazing.
This is the same guy who was praising wenger for winning the freaking FA cup and all of a sudden the Champions league is overrated :rotf: :rotf:
He just said winning the league is more important than Champions league........does that mean Arsene Wenger has been failure the last ten years coz he aint won the important cup which is the league in those 10 years?

Did you read this bit:

"Also, winning anything is success because it takes a lot to win in this game. It should never be sneered at."

So winning the champions league is overrated and at the same time winning anything is a success? which one is it?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
platinum wrote:

Jadim was my choice, but i worried about his abilty to get a strong effective defense to go with his offensive ideas.
From day dot - soon after the Juve vs Scum(CL) - i lost any enthusiasm for Max Allegri, i said it then & repeat it now - he was
outcoached & outplayed by Pochettino - they lost for the same reason we used to when we'd a young Cesc,Nasri etc - dominate
games but manage to lose them somehow - youth & unproven winners in the squad.

When you appeal beyond hard core fans - you pick up Brand loving types who develop a complex for non-footballing reasons.People wanted bignames with recent no recent successes - sell the sport, you get the fans

I am not convinced Simeone's ideas are as transferable as many think.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote: Waffi is amazing.

Did you read this bit:

So winning the champions league is overrated and at the same time winning anything is a success? which one is it?
Where have I said the CL is overrated? To glorify something is not the same as over rating it.

The CL is glorified as a competition cos of the huge sums of money involved. As a fan who grew up from Nigeria valuing the league title as the competition, there is no contest. It is not glorified, it is pure competition playing home and away every team. No amount of money can undermine what this means.

We don't have teams who finish 4th in the competition playing because their league is best cos it has more money. Since when does 4th place mean you are a Champion to take part in the so called Champions League? You get what glorified means? I can bang on but what's the point. I am an old fashioned football man. I know my values in this game. I don't care if Arsenal never win the CL, so long as they are Champions. Winning the lesgue is what makes you a champion and I know everyone I seat with in that stadium agrees with me cos it is what we want.

As a Gooner, I love the CL cos it has helped with paying stadium debt but let us be honest, it is a glorified competition of so called Champions.

Did you read FIFA's new paper, they want to start a world club cup, with price money of £25 billion. Then the status of the CL will be put in real terms in terms of its glorification.

Because Real Madrid say winning the CL is success means it truly is. Barca winning La Liga is the real success, not Real Madrid winning the CL and their LaDecima fake BS. Despite what Real Madrid say to con Mega people, I am not a f00l, I do not believe Real Madrid BS hype, cos they do not represent football. I do not believe Real Madrid other lie that Di Stefano was the greatest player ever. Just saying.

BTW! Winning anything including the CL is success.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Emery

3 UEFA europa cup titles
1 Ligue one title
1 french league cup title.
1 CL semifinals appearance.

Arteta
O

Personally I would have preferred the ex Leipzig boss or Rafa Benitez. But Emery is okay for now.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with jus" iCt recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

With all those big name players - to capitulate to Barca & lose to a beatable Real Madrid cannot be explained away by the late Johnny Cochran - those results are why he is where he is now.
He has to do something extraordinary with Arsenal to affect the script as it stands. Why was a guy so special with Sevilla fail with special players at PSG - valid questions
Plethora of reasons, massive ego's, dysfunctional squad, lack of legit competition in ligue 1, ala Bayern munich.

2. Saint Guardiola of Manchester was eliminated at the same stage of the CL with his £500m squad, and nobody seems to care.
Nasser Al-Khelaifi (PSG president) & co haven't spent all that money to just win the French league. They'd proven winners -
Cavani, De Maria, Neymar yet played scared. What has he learnt from that situation against future recurrence.

"massive ego's, dysfunctional squad" - reads like Arsenal to me - how does he & the board plan to shutdown any nonsense from the get go?

Strengths: Tactical flexibility & adaptability - big on game details. I've wanted for a long time a gaffer who'd those
qualities - good thing for the selfish gooner is that a few of our key players aren't going to the WC. So very productive preseason(should be).
Instead of copying and pasting what others write. Why don't you just post your own original views or opinion for a change?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Did you read this bit:

Where have I said the CL is overrated? To glorify something is not the same as over rating it.

The CL is glorified as a competition cos of the huge sums of money involved. As a fan who grew up from Nigeria valuing the league title as the competition, there is no contest. It is not glorified, it is pure competition playing home and away every team. No amount of money can undermine what this means.

We don't have teams who finish 4th in the competition playing because their league is best cos it has more money. Since when does 4th place mean you are a Champion to take part in the so called Champions League? You get what glorified means? I can bang on but what's the point. I am an old fashioned football man. I know my values in this game. I don't care if Arsenal never win the CL, so long as they are Champions. Winning the lesgue is what makes you a champion and I know everyone I seat with in that stadium agrees with me cos it is what we want.

As a Gooner, I love the CL cos it has helped with paying stadium debt but let us be honest, it is a glorified competition of so called Champions.

Did you read FIFA's new paper, they want to start a world club cup, with price money of £25 billion. Then the status of the CL will be put in real terms in terms of its glorification.

Because Real Madrid say winning the CL is success means it truly is. Barca winning La Liga is the real success, not Real Madrid winning the CL and their LaDecima fake BS. Despite what Real Madrid say to con Mega people, I am not a f00l, I do not believe Real Madrid BS hype, cos they do not represent football. I do not believe Real Madrid other lie that Di Stefano was the greatest player ever. Just saying.

now we do agree :clap: :clap: :clap:

And by the way I really dont have any issue with Emery(actually like him as a manager) managing arsenal......we have to be realistic about where arsenal is as a club. Considering our resources, he is one of the few we could do with.

BTW at this moment all I care about is if he can at least help the club improve from where we are currently....why should I care about what he did in the champions league when arsenal is not even in the champions league?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Did you read this bit:

And by the way I really dont have any issue with Emery(actually like him as a manager) managing arsenal......we have to be realistic about where arsenal is as a club. Considering our resources, he is one of the few we could do with.

BTW at this moment all I care about is if he can at least help the club improve from where we are currently....why should I care about what he did in the champions league when arsenal is not even in the champions league?
He will move us forward cos he is the right man

Arsenal are were they are currently cos of the major changes they made in the last two windows. The hobbit transition is almost complete we now have the perfect man to take it forward on the basis of his tactics and philosophy.

We bang on about Managers but forget players. You do not sell 6 top performers in a squad of 23 and expect top 4.

But Arsenal sold 7, including loaning out 2 more sqyad players in two windows. This gave opportunity to young players and Unai Emery will tap into his good friend Wenger's knowledge here.

I am really optimistic about Emery and I will write about his tactics and philosophy soon. Many talk about him being an attacking coach, but he is very much like the young Wenger. His attack is built on defence.

Unai Emery is not the be all and end all, what I said about Arteta remain the same 're Emery. We do not know how anyone would do. No one has crystal ball and no one has any idea if Unai Emery is going to fail or succeed.

Here's a thought.

Why, don't we just support him tne wait and see.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Reports saying Unai Emery was not on Arsenal shortlist but got himself in to be interviewed late last week. Hmmm....

So who or what made that interview possible?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Did you read this bit:

He will move us forward cos he is the right man

Arsenal are were they are currently cos of the major changes they made in the last two windows. The hobbit transition is almost complete we now have the perfect man to take it forward on the basis of his tactics and philosophy.

We bang on about Managers but forget players. You do not sell 6 top performers in a squad of 23 and expect top 4.

But Arsenal sold 7, including loaning out 2 more sqyad players in two windows. This gave opportunity to young players and Unai Emery will tap into his good friend Wenger's knowledge here.

I am really optimistic about Emery and I will write about his tactics and philosophy soon. Many talk about him being an attacking coach, but he is very much like the young Wenger. His attack is built on defence.

Unai Emery is not the be all and end all, what I said about Arteta remain the same 're Emery. We do not know how anyone would do. No one has crystal ball and no one has any idea if Unai Emery is going to fail or succeed.

Here's a thought.

Why, don't we just support him tne wait and see.

The board have to support him(not use him as a shield like they did with wenger) and if they do the fans will definitely support him.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:Unai Emery & Arsenal. The similarities with Wenger include an incredible work-ethic and an incredibly classy man. Just last week, Emery spent a considerable portion of his press conference praising and congratulating Thomas Tuchel for taking his PSG job.

I am a big admirer of Emery. For me, he is just the perfect appointment. I have followed and admired him for a long time. I have read articles and even a book of him and his tactics. I think he will be a perfect fit.

I will break it all down.
Please don't bother. Thanks, the rest of Arsenal CE
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

WOAH! I go off the sports circulation for a second and Arsenal go on and come from left field with this anticipated appointment. Well here are my thoughts:

I like this appointment very much. Emery was one of the top coaches in my mind to replace Wenger up until that collapse of his PSG team to Barcelona, it knocked him down in my estimation of him. But even with that and my top choice - Joachim Low - seemingly not available, I'll definitely take Emery over Arteta all day and everyday times a hundred!! One can only hope that the Barca capitulation was a one-off day at the office.

Welcome Unai Emery! Let us see what he can do (or not do) with Arsenal before we pass judgement. Well done to the board on this, no matter how they got there. :) :)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Unai Emery & Arsenal. The similarities with Wenger include an incredible work-ethic and an incredibly classy man. Just last week, Emery spent a considerable portion of his press conference praising and congratulating Thomas Tuchel for taking his PSG job.

I am a big admirer of Emery. For me, he is just the perfect appointment. I have followed and admired him for a long time. I have read articles and even a book of him and his tactics. I think he will be a perfect fit.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap:
......too much digital diarrhoea for this sight here
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:

Here is what I said about Unai Emery in 2016. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=272360

Emery is one I have followed, I know everything there is to know about him in detail. Read articles and a book about winning, and the winning mentality. I talk with knowledge, cos I hate ignorance.

Cry me a river. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Got Almeria promoted and finished 8th the next season.

Unai Emery took Valencia to 3 consecutive 3rd place finishes in La Liga, whilst selling his top players every year

He won 3 Europa Leagues in a row with Sevilla, despite huge financial constraints

5 trophies in 2 years at PSG - including the treble this season.

Great appointment by Arsenal
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Instead of copying and pasting what others write. Why don't you just post your own original views or opinion for a change?
You should know by now that not all of us can be bullied - i choose to celebrate the ideas of other footie fans - that, that makes my ideas non-existent is a line a tribalist would take. You're being defensive(maybe unintentionally) about a gaffer who hasn't been introduced to us yet. This isn't a cult - don't dictate how we share information about a significant moment in our clubs history - i'll leave ya with this - if i were to sell AW to a club, i'll use the invinsibles & the 2018 away record - you're shying away from important issues - something this club cannot afford again.
Read Up:
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/wh ... re-and-now

Like us all - you're a fan(at least i think so) - not the Oracle - Bless Up!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal unveil their home kit for next season.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

PSG won the league by 13 points. scored 108 goals, conceeded 29 goals. He still got fired. Basically achieved the same thing Pep achieved this year.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Interesting Santi has left us to pastures new - the 1st time he was made to look ordinary as a gooner in my eyes was CL - PSG away - relentless ball pressing that our Santi was lost. Emery, that's gotta be transferable.
-----------------------------------------

The Spaniard's two seasons at PSG were disappointing – but his track record of hard work, player improvement and trophies makes him a good fit right now, writes Lee Roden

Methinks - Great stmt - we'll hit ya with the obvious but he's still that dawg!!100%%%

"the Spaniard will bring about many of the changes Arsenal have been crying out for over the last decade" :huh: :thumb:

Me - ok then - like what???

"If part of Arsene Wenger’s sad fall away from Europe’s managerial elite can be attributed to him giving players too much freedom and a lack of focus on detail, then there's little danger of that being repeated with the Spaniard in office....... :thumbs: :clap:
.....Emery’s videos, analysing both opponents and the nuances of his own team, are so detailed that they are the stuff of legend in Spain. Or in some cases, the stuff of nightmares. As Joaquín, who played under him at Valencia, once quipped in trademark style: “He put on so many videos that I ran out of popcorn..........Emery is obsessed with football and leaves nothing within his control to chance – but that’s actually what impressed Arsenal’s decision-makers most according to one report, which says he wowed them with a presentation about every Gunners player and how he’d improve them..........Nor is there any risk of the lax training that has hampered Arsenal being an issue. Emery is a manager who tends to provoke strong opinions, and there are many ways of describing him, but few would disagree that “intense” is among the most apt. He expects high energy, an unwaveringly fast rhythm in both practice and on the pitch, and passion from his players to match his own........The 46-year-old Basque also has a capacity to revive footballers who have stalled in their progression – a particularly welcome trait at Arsenal, where there are numerous candidates in need of his help........."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/wh ... re-and-now

Pep came into the EPL unwilling to listen to anyone - he'd to change that in the 2nd season - hope Emery has the right people who know our league in place - i've never believed this team needed to be gutted as too many especially @espn keep repeating - they need intensity in their work & tactical options - a team that must change for self-respect & a Coach who has something to prove given his recent slip ups - i like that.
Enrique's demands as reported for killer transfer fees & wages looked to me as some ego-feeder - not about our club.
Allegri to me hit the deficit after Spurs.
Emery in giving details on how he'll improve our youngsters is close to making me a rider - I will wait for the preseason.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:PSG won the league by 13 points. scored 108 goals, conceeded 29 goals. He still got fired. Basically achieved the same thing Pep achieved this year.
Way weaker league with 1 contender - dawg!!!!