The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:I always laugh when people tell us that Ozil is our best player. Yes, he has exceeded his extremely low expectations in recent weeks, but this is a guy who until recently only showed up every 4th game. If Arsenal is going to build its future on Ozil ... good luck finishing the season above Burnley and West Ham year.
anikulapo wrote:Skylolo so your self proclaimed best player at Arsenal is unwanted by even Inter Milan :woot: it seems quite clear you know very little about talent evaluation :taunt:

Honestly these Ozilites are some of the daftest and blindest people in the football world ....smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Love this :clap: :clap:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Would Giroud be the player going the other way? If so, then Arsenal becomes even more one dimensional and predictable.
Giroud adds a different dimension (Aerial), which was not really well exploited, but was a constant thread.
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Auba scores a lot of goals via headers - he can beat you in quite a few ways.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Skylolo wrote:This has got to be the best transfer window for the club that I can remember for a very long time and that is despite losing a prime time talent like Sanchez, we have managed to recoup £32m on Walcott and Coq and get rid of their wages.

If anybody had offered me Mikhtaryan in exchange and Auba(hopefully) at the rumoured price I would have bitten their hands off. Auba should easily replace Sanchez goals while Mikhtaryan brings some extra creativity. I laugh at some of the names Mikitharyan has been called, people need to remember this is a player that has won Bundesliga best player before and been Europe’s assist king.....some of us here were so so dissapointed when he went to Manure in the first place. I am licking my lips at the thought of him lining up with Ozil with the speed of Auba ahead of them to find.... :thumbs:

Another benefit of these transfers is the other contract rebel Ozil may actually look now and think it may not be bad to stick around afterall. If Auba and Mikihi hit the ground running as I expect, they should take some of the weight off our brilliant German.

It would have been nice to get a ball winning CM to cap it off but Will take this for now, this is much more than I expected.
Stand Up Sky!!! :clap: :agree:
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Skylolo wrote:This has got to be the best transfer window for the club that I can remember for a very long time and that is despite losing a prime time talent like Sanchez, we have managed to recoup £32m on Walcott and Coq and get rid of their wages.

If anybody had offered me Mikhtaryan in exchange and Auba(hopefully) at the rumoured price I would have bitten their hands off. Auba should easily replace Sanchez goals while Mikhtaryan brings some extra creativity. I laugh at some of the names Mikitharyan has been called, people need to remember this is a player that has won Bundesliga best player before and been Europe’s assist king.....some of us here were so so dissapointed when he went to Manure in the first place. I am licking my lips at the thought of him lining up with Ozil with the speed of Auba ahead of them to find.... :thumbs:

Another benefit of these transfers is the other contract rebel Ozil may actually look now and think it may not be bad to stick around afterall. If Auba and Mikihi hit the ground running as I expect, they should take some of the weight off our brilliant German.

It would have been nice to get a ball winning CM to cap it off but Will take this for now, this is much more than I expected.
Kai this guy, you are suppose to keep Sanchez and then add Auba. Selling Coq for £12 million is good business, but where is the replacement DM?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Common Jürgen Klopp, dude brings in Virgil van Dijk to shore up Liverpool's defense, the case for catching & overtaking ManU is highly probable - the Alexis transfer reduces the probability but it's still do-able.
His yap though about mid-season sales to rivals(maybe after assurances from the top) is most disingenuous - Business at some point becomes less about emotions & more about practicality. Dortmund didn't want to sell to Bayern, their biggest league rivals whilst Jürgen was coach but Robert Lewandowski & Mario Götze had personal interests & that was their priority.
Yrs ago, Sol ran down his contract & came to Arsenal, Owen arrived @OT via RM.
Some of us remember SAF making sure Rafa did not get Gabriel Heinze despite Liverpool meeting his buyout clause - us gooners remember Suarez.
Alexis was going to go to one of the Manchester clubs - we had to do business.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

realtrouble wrote:

Kai this guy, you are suppose to keep Sanchez and then add Auba. Selling Coq for £12 million is good business, but where is the replacement DM?

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
#MUFC #AFC confirmation of Sanchez/Mkhitaryan swap Mon/Tue as work permits need updating. Arsenal stepping up Aubameyang pursuit - confident but will drag as must agree fee & possibility of player going other way to #BVB If done no significant funds available for further signings

Unfortunate that a ball winning midfielder or DM ain't coming in - I hope Elneny & Maitland-Niles play more in that slot - hoping they get the chance to.
I would've liked at least one speedy winger to open up the pitch.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^That is called ambition. Losing 30 goals to replace it with 30 (hopefully) is called plateau. Mkhitaryan is an adjunct and at the same time replacement for Ozil, assuming the latter doesn't sign on. An interesting transfer window, had Alexis stayed put till the summer, would any of the above take place? Therein lies the problem, United are adding world class to a side, to which was added the world class of Paul Pogba and Premier league pedigree of Lukaku, all be the latter afobeic. Beloved is stepping back to step forward, which begs the question, how far forward does the stride take us? May will be the judge and jury. May the seas wave favourably for both arrivals.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 19 goals and 24 assists in his last season at Dortmund. 90 goals/assists in 140 games for the German club, very good record for midfielder.

Aubemeyang has scored 100 goals in his last 116 Dortmund games, including 21 goals in 23 games this season.

We need to replace Sanchez and Theo's goals. I think this two if we sign them, will be very good once they settle in.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 19 goals and 24 assists in his last season at Dortmund. 90 goals/assists in 140 games for the German club, very good record for midfielder.

Aubemeyang has scored 100 goals in his last 116 Dortmund games, including 21 goals in 23 games this season.

We need to replace Sanchez and Theo's goals. I think this two if we sign them, will be very good once they settle in.

How many goals and assists for United last season and since this season began ..: stop your misinformation Biko .... I’m willing to give the man a clean slate but stop abegi ... he is a reject
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:I'll give this to Arsenal this Jan they have been decisive and efficient.

There has been no hedging , no dithering, no procrastination. they had as plan for Jan window and have followed suit. Sold Coq, Theo and Sanchez in expedited fashion and identified and seemingly acquired desired replacement sans genuine drama in Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

Sanchez exit very messy but unlike RVP Arsenal had a plan, followed through and salvaged a decent return out of a bad situation.

Still huge concern with CM, believe Arsenal are truly missing out not going all in on Ndidi, Ndidi acquisition would be a game changer for Arsenal highly flawed CM. Also concern over CB, contrast between Kos and likes of Chambers and Holding is the size of the Atlantic Ocean. CB like Tarkowski whilst not a big name would be a massive upgrade over Holding and Chambers.
Tarkowski is a solid defender, the priority must be a new defender and CM. Chambers and Holding are not ready at this level.
I have been begging for this guy or maguire . We need that as backup and Tarkowski will be cheap.
Tarkowski, yes. Maguire, no. He always looks like he's half asleep.
:rotf: :rotf: thats wikid o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

How many goals and assists for United last season and since this season began ..: stop your misinformation Biko .... I’m willing to give the man a clean slate but stop abegi ... he is a reject
He started the same in Germany. He was slow getting into the league. When he left he was voted best player.

Besides Sanchez has always been the better all round player, that is not in question.

But every player needs a system to maximise their respective abilities in a team structure. Sanchez could not fit into Barca's system, it did not make him a bad player.

Arsenal took him and got him playing in a system to maximise his collective abilities. Jose must do the same. To me he will, or else he will not pay all that money.

Mkhi is all about the system you chose to play him. Arsenal need a player like him and they tried to sign him before, but lost out to ManU. I don't think there is any doubt that Mkhi is the type to flourish in Wenger's system and he does not need to change much for it to happen.

For me, getting him and Aubemeyang more than makes up for Sanchez loss. If Arsenal do this always, when they lose players, there will be no complaints.

Arsenal will have a damn good chance of top 4 if they get Mkhi and Aubemeyang.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

TheOx wages also came off the books earlier in the season and has not been replaced.
So, there is plenty of money to pay Ozil.
bepanda wrote:Maybe ... Maybe, just maybe you could use some math?
Walcott + Sanchez + Coq wages getting off the books. Possibly Giroud wages also going off the books, if he is sent to Dortmund.
Mikha + Auba wages added.
Ozil has already been offered improved wages compared to what he is on today.
Does that help you understand?
I know Math is not easy, but at least you could try !!!
danfo driver wrote:
bepanda wrote:With Sanchez, Coq and Walcott departures and their hefty wages off the books, could Ozil get an improved contract now to meet his demands?
If so, then maybe he will sign before becoming a free agent? Maybe that is Arsenal/Wenger master plan.
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:No wonder Droopy looked so glum.
Sanchez is paid a kings ransom despite being in the same position. Even Walcrap drew 20 million yet not one team looking at Ozil :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:
What a face palm for the so called Best #10 In the world :lol:
Azuka and Skylolo don’t cry too much ohhh .. water don find em level for una loser :woot:
SIX months to free agency and not one stinking offer :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How do i break this to you. Mkhitaryan is now your highest paid player. He earns more at Arsenal than Sanchez earned at Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What hefty wage is off the books? How much do you think Auba will earn???

Sometimes I wonder. I think Arsenal fans have this idea that everyone takes a pay cut to play for the legend wenger and some players will even pay Arsenal just to sit close to wenger. :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coach wrote:^That is called ambition. Losing 30 goals to replace it with 30 (hopefully) is called plateau. Mkhitaryan is an adjunct and at the same time replacement for Ozil, assuming the latter doesn't sign on. An interesting transfer window, had Alexis stayed put till the summer, would any of the above take place? Therein lies the problem, United are adding world class to a side, to which was added the world class of Paul Pogba and Premier league pedigree of Lukaku, all be the latter afobeic. Beloved is stepping back to step forward, which begs the question, how far forward does the stride take us? May will be the judge and jury. May the seas wave favourably for both arrivals.
They are deceiving fans. Sanchez and Ozil see through the con. That is why they refuse to resign. If Ozil hasn't signed yet in January, it is highly probable he is gone in the summer on a free transfer. He will probably go to Juventus or back to Germany.

Even that Aubamenyang proposed deal looks like a con to me. I will believe it when i see it. He should ask to be paid the highest player at the club. If he is not going to win trophies, might as well get rich.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kia! The love for Lauren from Arsenal fans. I have witnessed this first hand at the Emirates.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The narrative been put around about Auba is pure poison - the way ESPN has jumped on the bandwagon & the nonsense from Bayern.Gotta ask though why'll Sven Mislintat lead his new employers to a trap? Why do Dortmund still wanna keep dude -
read the article below from a fans of Dortmund - If 50% of what he says is true - we're good:

Dortmund fan explains what to expect from Aubameyang

The comments, posted to the Gunners subreddit by user “Keown14”, gave an overview of what to expect if the striker signs.
First, he warned against listening to anyone who thinks Aubameyang is a one-trick pony.

The user explained: “It’s obvious that any fast player can bring something to the table in a system where they can run into a lot of space after a counter or something like that. But his speed is not his best quality. I don’t even think it’s in his top 3 to be honest.

“What Auba does best is his movement off the ball. He is so tricky to defend because he’s usually one step ahead of the defender both physically and mentally. Of course his speed helps with that but it’s his mind that’s truly doing the work.”...

Finally, the Dortmund fan had a few words on the striker’s mentality. Words which I think Arsenal supporters will be happy to hear after the Sanchez debacle.

He wrote: “I’ve also almost never seen him being visibly annoyed at a team mate for not passing to him or for taking the shot themselves. He will also pass the ball a fair amount…if he thinks the other player has a better shot.

“It’s not like he’s constantly out partying and being reckless. For example one of the matches he was suspended for was because he visited his sister (or cousin?) on her birthday to meet up with his family.”

http://dailycannon.com/2018/01/dortmund ... ubameyang/
---------------------------------

Not since Titi have we'd a striker with pace & footie IQ....his footie education spans 3 leagues - Italy,France & Germany - get him!!!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Coach wrote:^That is called ambition. Losing 30 goals to replace it with 30 (hopefully) is called plateau. Mkhitaryan is an adjunct and at the same time replacement for Ozil, assuming the latter doesn't sign on. An interesting transfer window, had Alexis stayed put till the summer, would any of the above take place? Therein lies the problem, United are adding world class to a side, to which was added the world class of Paul Pogba and Premier league pedigree of Lukaku, all be the latter afobeic. Beloved is stepping back to step forward, which begs the question, how far forward does the stride take us? May will be the judge and jury. May the seas wave favourably for both arrivals.
They are deceiving fans. Sanchez and Ozil see through the con. That is why they refuse to resign. If Ozil hasn't signed yet in January, it is highly probable he is gone in the summer on a free transfer. He will probably go to Juventus or back to Germany.

Even that Aubamenyang proposed deal looks like a con to me. I will believe it when i see it. He should ask to be paid the highest player at the club. If he is not going to win trophies, might as well get rich.
Dude. you're out there in the States where all sport realities from the commercial end exist, yet you talk wage is the biz knees - at the top level your brand earns you more cash than the pay packet. Ozil has a sick brand - Auba can build one...it's ok to be cynical
but one cannot totally discount the photo of Arsenal officials in Germany.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Dude. you're out there in the States where all sport realities from the commercial end exist, yet you talk wage is the biz knees - at the top level your brand earns you more cash than the pay packet. Ozil has a sick brand - Auba can build one...it's ok to be cynical
Arsenal officials with Aubameyang's car close by. That is a big plus for this deal.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I am an Arsenal fan. Been cynical is part of the experience especially under the current regime of Korenke and Wenger.

I will believe it when I see the player hold up a jersey on arsenal.com. All this gossip, twitter post and etc is nonsense to me, irrelevant to me.

Aubameyang won't win any trophies at Arsenal. If I were his agent, I would demand to be paid as the highest paid player at Arsenal. I will start at a minimum of 300K per week. If they don't like it, they can get lost, leverage Arsenal to make a move to Chelsea or another club. He will probably end up at Bayern or Chelsea if Arsenal don't open the check book. He won't come cheap and rightfully so.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Wenger on Alexis' departure: "There is always life. #Arsenal Football Club is 130 years old & many big players have left. Will it go a bit less good? We will see. But there is always life afterwards"
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to my good friend at the Emirates today:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

I nor finish. These English men with their big mouth.

Chilean Bellamy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was in stitches. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
Haba, Waffi, fear God now!
Why? You should know my views on the player and it has been more than 2 yrs I have made it known. But I never questioned his quality on the pitch.

The fact that I don't question Sanchez quality on the pitch does not mean I cannot have a good laugh at a description I heard and enjoyed today at the Emirates.

BTW! He was never our best player. When you give the ball away like he did each game, you cannot be our best player.

Not that your opinions were not already regarded as the ramblings of a nutter before, but by this statement you have clearly removed all doubt ... please stop talking football Biko :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

[/video]

Na so them go dey do am for the Emirates! :thumbs:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chei! Watching this video is driving me to tears!

[/video]

If we succeed with Aubamayang, Papa Wenger must start our own version of the fab 4.

Ozil Mhkitarian Aubamayang Lacazette
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu