The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:@afcstuff

Wenger on #bvb’s statement claiming him to be disrespectful: “That [complaint] looks to be a tactical reaction rather than anything else. They are responsible for their own statements.” #afc

I totally agree with AW here - he answered a question about the player's character by saying his accomplishments show character(my
summation) - BVB flipped cos they're about a narrative that's disgraceful.
-----------------

@afcstuff:
Wenger on Alexis to #mufc: “Sanchez will only happen if Mkhitaryan comes here. That will be decided in the next 48 hours. It is a possibility.” #afc

@afcstuff:
Manchester United will pay Arsenal £20m for Alexis Sanchez, £15m to his agent Fernando Felicevich, £7.5m signing on fee for Alexis while giving the player £450k-per-week in wages. [Mail] #afc

If the above 2 tweets are true - ManU have gone bonkers - they're basically giving us money to pay Mkhitaryan's wages & i thought Alexis agent wanted £5m - how do we come from a certain sunken place to this - great business.
Here is how.

So the Sun newspaper are ripping into Sanchez for not sticking to a gentleman’s agreement he had with Pep. Neil Aston, that hypocrite, has the gall to write about morals, principles and decency. This from a news paper and organisation that tapped a dead girl's phone.

It is funny how the cretin Ashton does not mention Pep should not have even been talking to him, never mind making an agreement, what with him being an Arsenal player in the first place. Of course, the same Ashton wrote Sanchez will snubbed Mourinho only a few days ago.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true

But he talks about morals. A columnist for a paper that wrote what they did about Hillsborough talking about morals, the absolute irony and hypocrisy.

Arsenal’s role in all this forgotten. After City late bid on transfers deadline day, left Arsenal little room to sort out a replacement plus Sanchez conduct since the window closed, Arsenal have grabbed the bull by the horns.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis started an auction by punting Sanchez around Europe’s top clubs. If they get Mikhitaryan as part of this deal, it will be a brilliant salvage operation. Mikh is a player they wanted and had an agreement with till they were priced out by ManU and ManU aware of this, offered the player to Arsenal as part of any deal. Other stories claim, Arsenal asked for Mikhitaryan.

Arsenal has done exactly what they should have, despite the negative slant trying to make it sound almost seedy by that hack called Ashton.

Arsenal have done the right thing for themselves, and so have United and Sanchez. I see nothing scandalous or controversial about any of it. So why is Sanchez being cast a villain?

Sanchez has been turned into a transfer villain beyond compare and is being held up as the ultimate South American mercenary. Why? I tell you, he is a foreigner who has done what English players do all the time but not a word from these news papers.

The hysteria the Sun and co have generated as become its own beast and irrelevant to what has actually happened or is happening.

When you switch between rivals as we know from Sol's experience - the bitterness gets extreme - reading some of the exchanges
between the ManC & ManU fans - it has gotten nasty - as it is, i expect a few leaks from ManC about Alexis.
On the deal last summer - you may remember Trevor Sinclair's take on it:
Alexis Sanchez did not join Man City because of low bid
"“I think brinkmanship and leaving it right to the last minute cost them,” Sinclair told BBC’s The Premier League Show.....
“They tried to get the player for as cheap as possible."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... y-Man-City
---------------------------------
ManC got cocky - even this window leaking how muck Alexis had agreed to $250k wkly etc etc - they really were rubbing our noses in
it - i honestly believe ManU have got to answer to Mr Pesky agent for Lukaku & Pogba pay rise.
------------------------
David de Gea is going to need a raise - proper wage inflation over there.
Arsenal and ManU got together to screw City. It is as simple as that.

Wenger's press conference praising ManU and having sly digs at City was surreal.( Saw some comments by Chelsea fans on youtube claiming they too should've bee praised like Manu - smh)

Raiola has said ManU will pay Mkhi's salary for this season and next. That's is incredible. Arsenal cannot lose. They end up with more money for Aubemeyang. Now they must do that deal.
This agent's comments got me smiling weird that my little niece over for the wknd thinks Uncle gone loony - don't know about you, i never saw that coming - let's get the kid's confidence up & go...time for MOTD!!!!!
Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 19 goals and 24 assists in his last season at Dortmund. 90 goals/assists in 140 games for the German club, very good record for midfielder. If he and Ozil click, it might just be what takes us to that next level.

As for Jose, I can't thank him until it is official and the player delivers for Arsenal. I just hope Mkhi is Jose's next De Bruyne and Salah.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Where is Danfo Driver and all his claims that we will be paying through the nose in agent fees
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

jdizzy wrote:
danfo driver wrote: cheii! Mkhytaryan don hit gold! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love Raiola. he is going to make Mkhy their best paid player, after Mkhy rejected them two years ago. he is then going to collect his 10 million in agent fees! Mino! na you, biko!! :clap: :clap:
Agreed all posturing for maximum wage. But I am willing to bet that ManU pays both Raiola & Sanchez agent fees. ManU seem overly desperate to do this deal and Woodward is a clueless negotiator
Danfo, remember my comment above? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Downgrade from Alexis Sanchez to Henrikh Mkhitaryan. This is what we get when we allow Wenger to run the transfers. Sanchez should have been dealt in the summer at the minimum. Talkless of letting his contract run down to 1 year left. Manure are the winners in this transaction.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Reminds me of the deal that brought Gallas to Arsenal.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:Where is Danfo Driver and all his claims that we will be paying through the nose in agent fees
I am here bro. What are you saying? That you did not pay Raiola his agency fee? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Downgrade from Alexis Sanchez to Henrikh Mkhitaryan. This is what we get when we allow Wenger to run the transfers. Sanchez should have been dealt in the summer at the minimum. Talkless of letting his contract run down to 1 year left. Manure are the winners in this transaction.

No o! Arsenal is the winner! Arsenal got the Armenian Pele and United got the Chilean Bellamy :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to my good friend at the Emirates today:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

I nor finish. These English men with their big mouth.

Chilean Bellamy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was in stitches. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
Haba, Waffi, fear God now!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

No Chilean Bellamy to stop Venga ball now. The exchange between Ozil and Wilshere is telepathic....

Joke is on you mate. Sanchez was by far our best player over the 2.5 or 3.5 years he pkayed for Arsenal. If you think Arsenal is stronger by selling him then I have a bridge to sell to you.
Well, that's your opinion and I strongly disagree. The joke is on you cos you are not aware of how I really feel about the player.

Santi was easily our best till we lost him. Then Ozil became our best player. The Chilean Bellamy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: was never our best player.

Just my opinion.

If you have been following my posts here, you will know I have had issues with Sanchez for over 2 years due to the problems he was for the club off the pitch. One thing, I never took away from him is his quality on the pitch.

Finally, you saw how Iwobi played today in his favourite position. If Sanchez leaving gives Alex more game in the roles he prefers on the pitch and we win, I have no complaints. I will not miss Sanchez and many here know it.
Haba, Waffi, fear God now!
Why? You should know my views on the player and it has been more than 2 yrs I have made it known. But I never questioned his quality on the pitch.

The fact that I don't question Sanchez quality on the pitch does not mean I cannot have a good laugh at a description I heard and enjoyed today at the Emirates.

BTW! He was never our best player. When you give the ball away like he did each game, you cannot be our best player.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

To Arsenal fans.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:To Arsenal fans.
What a wawu... :shock:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That is actually a bargain for Manure.

Sanchez is worth at least 60 MP if Arsenal didn't let his contract run down.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

To many it is a straight swap, but it simply cannot be. How how you swap a player with 3 years left on his contract with a player who leaves on a free in 6 months?

It is a swap, but not a straight swap, for many reasons.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
What a wawu... :shock:
My brother RObby will never let waffi down! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, I am sure Mino who was in London negotiating the deal was busy talking to a backyard radio station in Italy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why dont you go on Radio Marte Stereo's website and see if this huge news is there!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaiii! This move truly pain some people that they are going to make things up just to make it seem like Arsenal got the best deal.

In what world will anyone believe that United will pay Mkhy off, when Mkhy is going to be Arsenal's highest paid player?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is pure comedy!
Last edited by danfo driver on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:

That is actually a bargain for Manure.

Sanchez is worth at least 60 MP if Arsenal didn't let his contract run down.
Bro, use your brain and dont let people deceive you!

IT WAS A STRAIGHT SWAP! Simple as that! Man United did NOT pay Mkhy anything! Mkhy accepted Arsenals offer which now makes him Arsenal's highest paid player!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Remember when Waffi was pushing the narrative that the deal was:

Mkhitaryan + 35 million pounds = Sanchez?

How come none of you are asking him "wetin happen to the 35 million pounds?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please! :rotf:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Just my opinion.

Alexis Sanchez was Arsenal's best player last season....easily. This demonization of players who choose to leave has to stop, it's not becoming.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ohenhen1 wrote:Downgrade from Alexis Sanchez to Henrikh Mkhitaryan. This is what we get when we allow Wenger to run the transfers. Sanchez should have been dealt in the summer at the minimum. Talkless of letting his contract run down to 1 year left. Manure are the winners in this transaction.
Downgrade? Depends on what the expectations are. Alexis was more of a.....'me' player. Mkhitaryan is about the collective. If Arsenal plays this wisely, it's a win win
Downgrade? No.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:

No o! Arsenal is the winner! Arsenal got the Armenian Pele and United got the Chilean Bellamy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsenal fans certainly know how to invite insults. Vexing.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Arsenal fans certainly know how to invite insults. Vexing.
I have to admit, Waffiman is pure comic relief :lol: :lol: :lol: But Also, i think Arsenal fans are the most gullible people you will ever meet. They are as bad as Trump supporters. They will believe anything that their master tells them to believe. :rotf:

Waffiman first came and said that United was paying 35m + Mkhy for Sanchez! :rotf: :rotf: I told you guys "who is the best negotiator," but no one listened to me. Arsenal fans lapped waffi up! Now it has been released that it is A STRAIGHT SWAP, what does Waffiman do? He posts a fake story from an obscure twitter page claiming that United will pay Mkhy off! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I mean, lets even use common sense here! Mkhy is going to Arsenal to become the highest paid player there, and yet, United will pay him his final 2 year salary to go and play for Arsenal??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I mean, on this same thread, Waffiman, himself, stated that Louis van Gaal cannot work for another person while he is on United's payroll. So, why would United pay Mkhy his salary to go and play for Arsenal for the next 2 years? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then you move to the usual "let us demonize players" who have the guts to leave and try to better themselves. Waffiman is not claiming that Ozil was better than Sanchez :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: even though we all watch games. But when Ozil leaves in June, I am sure he will become the German Tom Cleverly. :lol: :lol: :lol:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I'm glad all parties involved in the drama are happy except Man City. Sad to see Mikhi leave but Alexis has been the only player I truly fear at Arsenal since he joined from Barca same way RvP was when United got him. Sign of good things especially with Alexis finally getting some good rest in the summer. He is now where he should be. On Mikhi, as he rebuilds his confidence he should have lots of fun at Arsenal as he is a Wenger type of player.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
Downgrade? Depends on what the expectations are. Alexis was more of a.....'me' player. Mkhitaryan is about the collective. If Arsenal plays this wisely, it's a win win
Downgrade? No.
I like Mkhy and I know how fantastic of a player he is. I truly hope it works for him at Arsenal because I dont like the way the English have looked down on him, like they did Falcao. However, one thing i learned about Mkhy over the last 2 years is that HE IS MENTALLY WEAK! Terribly mentally weak! And that is going to be a problem in an Arsenal team that is mentally weak.

He is already 29 and has a short window. I hope he can be successful because I need him to shut some people up.

Contrary to what Arsenal fans think, Mkhy is a counter-attack player. But hopefully, he can explore spaces in Arsene's tactics.