The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

This is a new era of CL football, level of skill, pace, tempo, fitness makes any team on the back the foot prone to having their doors blown off no matter the lead on aggregate. To use that Barca game to define Emery is incredibly disingenuous.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:Just watched a PSG game. He is okay. Will give him a chance. He is not Wenger. More enthusiastic on the side line. His team tend to play faster than Wenger team. Only time will tell if he will succeed at Arsenal. He can't do it alone. He will need the support of the board and fans.
Total & unequivocal board backing about who the boss is!!!! :clap:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Let’s follow the timeline of Waffi so called inner caucus info and his sudden backtracking now :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: you can’t make this shyt up :taunt:
Comprehension deficit. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not back tracking cos I never said Arteta was appointed. In fact there is nothing I have written here that has not been said. Now you have all sorts of stories as to why Arteta did not get the job.

Er did you read and fail to comprehend your very words from just one post :taunt: the whole site is pregnant with ya fake news and fables :mrgreen: Abeg show us di 30 mill plus Mikha :mrgreen:

Honestly Kajifus cousin is ten times more reliant :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:SkySports reports that Arteta withdrew himself from the race when he was not given the assurances he wanted. Arsenal maintain that no one turned them down and the thorough procees resulted in selecting one candidate: Emery.

A good source just revealed Wenger was at London Cooney today. If true Why was he there? Did they ask him to be a part of this decision? Many suspect, he had a say in the final decision.

Er he was cleaning out his desk .... please stop ya fake news.

Fake ITK WAYO MAN :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with jus" iCt recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

This is a new era of CL football, level of skill, pace, tempo, fitness makes any team on the back the foot prone to having their doors blown off no matter the lead on aggregate. To use that Barca game to define Emery is incredibly disingenuous.
With all those big name players - to capitulate to Barca & lose to a beatable Real Madrid cannot be explained away by the late Johnny Cochran - those results are why he is where he is now.
He has to do something extraordinary with Arsenal to affect the script as it stands. Why was a guy so special with Sevilla fail with special players at PSG - valid questions
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:One Basque over another. There'll be a lot of noise about his Sevilla achievements but capitulation of PSG to Barca & loss in a different yr to Real Madrid have come to define Unai Emery. PSG lacked mentality & discipline - how does he restore those qualities to Arsenal!!!
Cold feet by Gazidis & the board in the last hrs tells me it's all about the Optics - really hope I am wrong.
Nope. Arteta and Vieira did not want the job. Not cold feet.

PSG recent failures do not define Emery for me, a few have tried before him and failed to win the CL. It is hard to argue that he did not get the most from PSG's players, how many other managers got more of out PSG? I also feel PSG’s football has been the best under him, in terms of style....

His work at Sevilla is what defines him for me, he showed he could build and get the best from a good set of players. I have wanted him at Arsenal ever since tbh....it is a big job at Arsenal rebuilding this team and uniting this fan base we need a proper Coach, who has positive charisma too....I have always felt Emery is our guy.

You have always felt Emery was our guy???? Er when was this :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

TG, ignore them.

Galzidis and co have landed on their feet with his appointment. I have not doubt this highly studious and scholarly man is just perfect.

I see him being a winner and we must not forget he will have top quality young energetic players he can mould to his way of thinking. I am so enthusiastic and optimistic about this appointment. He actually approached the club after getting advice from his very good friend Arsene Wenger.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:One Basque over another. There'll be a lot of noise about his Sevilla achievements but capitulation of PSG to Barca & loss in a different yr to Real Madrid have come to define Unai Emery. PSG lacked mentality & discipline - how does he restore those qualities to Arsenal!!!
Cold feet by Gazidis & the board in the last hrs tells me it's all about the Optics - really hope I am wrong.

PSG recent failures do not define Emery for me, a few have tried before him and failed to win the CL. It is hard to argue that he did not get the most from PSG's players, how many other managers got more of out PSG? I also feel PSG’s football has been the best under him, in terms of style....

His work at Sevilla is what defines him for me, he showed he could build and get the best from a good set of players. I have wanted him at Arsenal ever since tbh....it is a big job at Arsenal rebuilding this team and uniting this fan base we need a proper Coach, who has positive charisma too....I have always felt Emery is our guy.
I concur. :clap: :clap: :clap:

He did not fail at PSG to be fair.
He failed at PSG, that's why he's no longer coaching them. Just like Pep failed at FC Bayern.
Those sides have a different level of expectation from Arsenal and he failed to do what he was brought in to do.

Those failures doesn't mean the men are not good coaches.
I guess you see winning as failure. I don't. where did you get that from?

Winning the CL, a glorified Cup competition does not define the meaning of success to me. Winning the league and becoming a Champion is the true definition of success by anyone's standards in football. I don't buy this CL crap as the meaning of success. I am old school and know what the values of the game are, not hype. glorified cup competition, okay, arsenal has won it how many times? I guess the world cup is a glorified cup too, the real win is topping the table during qualifying

Also, winning anything is success because it takes a lot to win in this game. It should never be sneered at. If winning was so easy, why do financially doped clubs do all that spending? You're preaching to the choir

Besides, I take it Pep is a failure in England cos he has not won the CL. :lol: :lol: :lol: We had discussions about Pep before he came into the league, and what success would mean for him....I can pull up those threads if you like
As far as my opinion being everyone's, that makes no sense. I'm merely going by what's been said on this forum vis-a-vis the discussions we've been having. This will get pedantic very quickly if we go round and round on inane things.

He didn't fail at Paris in your books. Good to know.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

So arsenal got rejected by their former captain who has never managed a single game in his whole life.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You have always felt Emery was our guy???? Er when was this :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:
Yep. The best man we could have appointed in the circumstances. I am over the moon.

To me he is as good as any Coach in football today. He is up there with any Coach. I am loving this so much.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Phew!! Thank God! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Knowing what I know about Unai Emery, I will take this appointment for Arsenal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Unai Emery & Arsenal. The similarities with Wenger include an incredible work-ethic and an incredibly classy man. Just last week, Emery spent a considerable portion of his press conference praising and congratulating Thomas Tuchel for taking his PSG job.

I am a big admirer of Emery. For me, he is just the perfect appointment. I have followed and admired him for a long time. I have read articles and even a book of him and his tactics. I think he will be a perfect fit.

I will break it all down.

One day he was hailing Arteta but now he is swooning over Emery :rotf: :rotf: Taylor Swift has nothing on a Waffi :mrgreen:

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bk-one wrote:So arsenal got rejected by their former captain who has never managed a single game in his whole life.
I don't think that was the case at all. I think Arsenal chose to go elsewhere from what I've heard.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with jus" iCt recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

With all those big name players - to capitulate to Barca & lose to a beatable Real Madrid cannot be explained away by the late Johnny Cochran - those results are why he is where he is now.
He has to do something extraordinary with Arsenal to affect the script as it stands. Why was a guy so special with Sevilla fail with special players at PSG - valid questions
Plethora of reasons, massive ego's, dysfunctional squad, lack of legit competition in ligue 1, ala Bayern munich.

Again People using Emery’s CL record at PSG as a reason to be concerned?

1. Worry about that when we’re back in the CL.

2. Saint Guardiola of Manchester was eliminated at the same stage of the CL with his £500m squad, and nobody seems to care.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Mon May 21, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:So arsenal got rejected by their former captain who has never managed a single game in his whole life.
His loss. I say. :thumb: :thumb:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW for those using Barca CL collapse as stick to beat Emery with recall in this season CL alone saw Valverde Barca capitulate in fantastic fashion to Roma, "Icon" Pochettino Spurs collapsed vs Juve, Zidane led Real Madrid nealy capitulated in fantastic fashion vs both Juventus and Bayern. Klopp Liverpool nearly tossed away a massive aggregate advantage vs Roma.

No, if you've followed Emery, you'll know why that tie is an apt description. And no one is beating Arsenal on the head, calm down and read what folks have written. I think generally he has been hailed as a good manager albeit one with flaws.....as is the case with every manager. People pointed out and continue to point out Pep Guardiola's flaws, you expect Emery to go scot-free from that? Cmon TG, you know better. Adjust your expectations to include reality.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Even at Sevilla, he had serious question marks and when he was hired as PSG coach, I laughed out loud! couldnt believe PSG were giving him a chance. I just see him as a guy who will be okay in a place where there is no pressure. But in a pressure cooker, asked to compete with the best? I have serious doubts about him. I dont even think he is as good as Wenger, honestly.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Unai Emery & Arsenal. The similarities with Wenger include an incredible work-ethic and an incredibly classy man. Just last week, Emery spent a considerable portion of his press conference praising and congratulating Thomas Tuchel for taking his PSG job.

I am a big admirer of Emery. For me, he is just the perfect appointment. I have followed and admired him for a long time. I have read articles and even a book of him and his tactics. I think he will be a perfect fit.

I will break it all down.

One day he was hailing Arteta but now he is swooning over Emery :rotf: :rotf: Taylor Swift has nothing on a Waffi :mrgreen:
I support both cos they continue what Wenger left. Arteta was not bad, but Emery is just perfect. Arsenal got the best man and Coach.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

He failed at PSG, that's why he's no longer coaching them. Just like Pep failed at FC Bayern.
Those sides have a different level of expectation from Arsenal and he failed to do what he was brought in to do.

You dey mind waffi! He failed big time at PSG.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Yep. The best man we could have appointed in the circumstances. I am over the moon.

To me he is as good as any Coach in football today. He is up there with any Coach. I am lov8ng this so much.
What manner of sycophancy is this?

I guess it is a case of loving the one you are with... :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I guess you see winning as failure. I don't. where did you get that from?

Winning the CL, a glorified Cup competition does not define the meaning of success to me. Winning the league and becoming a Champion is the true definition of success by anyone's standards in football. I don't buy this CL crap as the meaning of success. I am old school and know what the values of the game are, not hype. glorified cup competition, okay, arsenal has won it how many times? I guess the world cup is a glorified cup too, the real win is topping the table during qualifying

Also, winning anything is success because it takes a lot to win in this game. It should never be sneered at. If winning was so easy, why do financially doped clubs do all that spending? You're preaching to the choir

Besides, I take it Pep is a failure in England cos he has not won the CL. :lol: :lol: :lol: We had discussions about Pep before he came into the league, and what success would mean for him....I can pull up those threads if you like
As far as my opinion being everyone's, that makes no sense. I'm merely going by what's been said on this forum vis-a-vis the discussions we've been having. This will get pedantic very quickly if we go round and round on inane things.

He didn't fail at Paris in your books. Good to know.
Waffi is amazing.
This is the same guy who was praising wenger for winning the freaking FA cup and all of a sudden the Champions league is overrated :rotf: :rotf:
He just said winning the league is more important than Champions league........does that mean Arsene Wenger has been failure the last ten years coz he aint won the important cup which is the league in those 10 years?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@jeorgebird:
Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock not in England U19 training squad ahead of Euros, so they will have a full pre-season with Arsenal.
-------------------------

We already have a lot of senior players absent from the WC team - now these kids - augurs well for the pre-season.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

To me he is as good as any Coach in football today. He is up there with any Coach. I am lov8ng this so much.
What manner of sycophancy is this?

I guess it is a case of loving the one you are with... :?
Nope. I don't do sycophancy, I do knowledge. There are players and Managers I follow and study in detail. He is definitely my number and has bern for years. Just do a search on this forum, read my views on him. I have been critical and also full of praise. Great appointment. Best man for the job given the, circumstances, type of man he is, his tactics and football philosophy.