The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

Yes, Arsenal needs Johny Evans.
Holdings hasn't progressed well. Similar for Chambers. Both need to go on loan, honestly. Per has played his last game with Arsenal, I hope.
Evans brings experience. He is left footed, I believe. Nacho Monreal is playing out of position. He should be playing on the left wing.
Ainstan Miles is playing out of position on the left. He should be competing with Belerin on the right or central midfield. Coquelin sold to open that option.
Kos is always injured and lacks leadership qualities and has aged. Mustafi is also injury prone. And Per should retire.
I believe Arsenal needs a no-nonsense (British-style) defender. Campbell wasn't the most technically gifted player, but a no-nonsense defender.
I believe Arsenal needs the same at this time. Arsenal needs a true leader at the back. Someone who will get players in the right spot and set the tone.
Kos is NOT that guy. Very error prone, too quiet. Kos is at his best, when he marks someone across the field. Asking him to lead a defense is asking too much.
I'm not sure about Mustafi commitment to Arsenal. He almost got sold to Inter recently.
With Johny Evans on board, you can play: Belerin (Ainstand Niles) , Mustafi, Kos, Evans, Nacho (Ainstan Niles).
Johny Evans solves lots of problems.
Bepanda
Siddonlook11 wrote:I am sure this is me.. but I dont get the Jonny Evans 25 million Pounds rumour o ..he is 30 years old !!
We dashed out Gabriel ..and we have other options in my opinion ..why not go for Harry Maguire ( 24 ) or James Tarkowski (25 ) for less money ?
Btw I thought we had hopes in Chambers and The greek phenomenon... This Jonny Evans deal I no want o .
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kajifu wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:I am sure this is me.. but I dont get the Jonny Evans 25 million Pounds rumour o ..he is 30 years old !!

We dashed out Gabriel ..and we have other options in my opinion ..why not go for Harry Maguire ( 24 ) or James Tarkowski (25 ) for less money ?

Btw I thought we had hopes in Chambers and The greek phenomenon... This Jonny Evans deal I no want o .
You think Burnley will just give you the player?Arsenal w ill not sign Evans not interested,what is the difference between Evans and Babriel we allow to go?
Did not someone was backing Chambers for doing well?So why bring Evans if Chambers is not that bad?
The club is badly run and hopefully is Wenger last year at the club,just not good enough to manage the team.At his age he can be a director of football do other stuff and make sure the youth teams are running good but first team management he is just not good.
Leicester win league some say they have no European distraction and same with Chelsea.How come our first team not playing in Europe yet we are way behind 5 teams that are playing first team football in Europe?
You sure you can recognize a badly run club? You guys are funny.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

[/video]
WTF Was Alex Iwobi Doing Out At 3am Before A Game? | Kelechi Defends His Fellow Nigerian
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Coquelin has one foot in Valencia. 25 million Euro fee.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I will take Malcolm or better yet Christian Pavon. Let us wait and see.

Arsenal for life.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:Coquelin has one foot in Valencia. 25 million Euro fee.

That would be GREAT business, IF Arsene makes a sincere and hard effort to sign a capable replacement.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ARE you sure? number mentioned is 12m. i'd be shocked! Valencia wouldnt even invest in a Striker when they needed one, and yet, they'll spend 25 million on a haplessly sh1t player like Coquelin? I'd be shocked!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
ARE you sure? number mentioned is 12m. i'd be shocked! Valencia wouldnt even invest in a Striker when they needed one, and yet, they'll spend 25 million on a haplessly sh1t player like Coquelin? I'd be shocked!
Believe me, I dropped my jaw when I read the quoted sum so maybe it includes all the add-ons. I don't know. I think he can do a dedicated job for them, I think he'll be much better there than he ever was at Arsenal. He's no Kondogbia or Parejo but I don't think he ever hit his full potential at Arsenal save for a little period when he paired with Santi Cazorla in a dedicated central pairing.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:

abeg no throw sand for Wenger's garri o. make dem bring money....nobody dey force them. Wenger go collect the money, and your Bendel brother Waffi go help am count am.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

That would be GREAT business, IF Arsene makes a sincere and hard effort to sign a capable replacement.
You mean Ainsley Maitland Niles?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

you sabi our team well well.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf:

Anyways goodluck to LeCoq Sportif. He has done very well for himself at Arsenal. This story seems real. He is out of the squad for todays game.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

you sabi our team well well.
wash, rinse, dry. Wash, rinse, dry. Repeat over and over.
Das why dem dey call the 'process'.....washing.

Will the kid be good in CM? He has the potential to be but when the savior toga is strapped on him, it'll be too much. Seen it with Ramsey, Wilshere, Bellerin, Iwobi...and that's just the current squad. Over the years, it's happened to many others. If he is brought along in a way that allows him excel, he has a chance but the nature of the club (and the fans) won't allow that happen.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Sanchez on the bench against Chelsea. Say goodbye to Sanchez. He will be at Man City by the week end?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:Sanchez on the bench against Chelsea. Say goodbye to Sanchez. He will be at Man City by the week end?
It doesn't mean much. Remember Ox played against his future teammates only hours before joining them :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
bepanda wrote:Sanchez on the bench against Chelsea. Say goodbye to Sanchez. He will be at Man City by the week end?
It doesn't mean much. Remember Ox played against his future teammates only hours before joining them :rotf:

and he promptly tanked the game :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
Commentary on the chelsea arsenal game mentioned the Coquelin transfer with 12m pounds quoted as fee.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

and he promptly tanked the game :lol: :lol: :lol:
Baffling decision to play him.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

btw..the greek defender is in the lineup for the ongoing game.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Commentary on the chelsea arsenal game mentioned the Coquelin transfer with 12m pounds quoted as fee.
The report is 8 million pounds (12 m Euos). I think it may just be typical English commentary mentioning their own currency.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

abeg no throw sand for Wenger's garri o. make dem bring money....nobody dey force them. Wenger go collect the money, and your Bendel brother Waffi go help am count am.
:D
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Francis "better DM than Yo Gotti's text message gallery" Coquelin, leaving, why? At one stage, best defensive mid at the same stage in their career, in Europe...why let him leave?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Goodluck to Coq, always sad to see a player who came so young go, he always gave his best. Happy it is him and not El neny.

Hopefully Walcott next!
To God be the glory