The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:my word reading that article on Santi...Santi has a legit case of medical malpractice. Totally botched surgeries by surgeon in England.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/premier-lea ... b4648.html
Don't know about botched up surgery by surgeons in England. There are 2 sides to every story, so it is wrong to make such conclusions. I heard, he had an infection to the wound and things got worse from there cos the wound will not heal. Is this down to the Surgeon? We don't know, we do not have all the facts, so it wrong to start apportioning blame.
Yes, gangrene. There need to be serious questions though...when a premier athlete gets gangrene after surgery, someone is failing big time. Heck, if my pikin get gangrene, I need to face serious questions as a parent not to talk of someone with access to the world's best. I see your point but I think TG is right, someone somewhere has been negligent.
Not saying someone, somewhere has not messed up. My point is, we should not conclude on such matters without the full facts. There is more than one side to this story. This injury, IMHO cost us the title when Leicester won it. The next season, he was scheduled for an operation in the summer, but it was delayed because they felt they could nurse and manage the healing naturally. It was going well, till he got a full on kick in that CL game. We would have been much closer to Chelsea and certainly be in the CL right now if he was fit.

So this cock up has had a major impact on us all, not just the player. I understand the need to point fingers but it is far more complicated than that.

My understanding is, the Achilles has healed ages ago despite 2 operations to fit it. The first operation did not correct all the problems because they was a tiny chipped bone between the tendon and the bone which was missed in the first operation. After the 2nd operation, which sorted the problem with the tendon, there came the problem with scar tissue, and that section of the wound refuse to heal, Why? We do not know but, I read a piece which talked about an infection, I understand it was resolved with a skin graft.

Meanwhile, the players muscles had wasted away and that leg became smaller than the other leg. Santi has been in the gym rebuilding his muscles. He talks of a return in January, which is very encouraging, but we all know it is still a long road back.

The doctors even admit it was the first time they had seen his type of condition. The whole thing reminded me of Rocisky who also had a unique injury which medical doctors had not seen before.Nice touch by Arsenal to renew his contract.
Its wrong and poor management by beloved to renew deals of players who have serious injuries and cannot be hoping on to help the team.So nothing is nice by the club to give him contract and hoping for him to come and contribute.You can give him a contract if you have high hopes but buy a better fit replacement if you wish to compete for major honors.
Secondly lets not lie here,Santi even if he is fit we would not have won the league lets not fool our self because we finish second even though we were out of the EPL race.
I can bet If Santi was fit and Walcott out all season it will have been we would have won the league ahead of LFC if Walcott was fit.
Arsenal fighting and compete for EPL has to do more with Wenger management.The player we have are good enough to compete with others.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:my word reading that article on Santi...Santi has a legit case of medical malpractice. Totally botched surgeries by surgeon in England.

Don't know about botched up surgery by surgeons in England. There are 2 sides to every story, so it is wrong to make such conclusions. I heard, he had an infection to the wound and things got worse from there cos the wound will not heal. Is this down to the Surgeon? We don't know, we do not have all the facts, so it wrong to start apportioning blame.
Yes, gangrene. There need to be serious questions though...when a premier athlete gets gangrene after surgery, someone is failing big time. Heck, if my pikin get gangrene, I need to face serious questions as a parent not to talk of someone with access to the world's best. I see your point but I think TG is right, someone somewhere has been negligent.
Not saying someone, somewhere has not messed up. My point is, we should not conclude on such matters without the full facts. There is more than one side to this story. This injury, IMHO cost us the title when Leicester won it. The next season, he was scheduled for an operation in the summer, but it was delayed because they felt they could nurse and manage the healing naturally. It was going well, till he got a full on kick in that CL game. We would have been much closer to Chelsea and certainly be in the CL right now if he was fit.

So this cock up has had a major impact on us all, not just the player. I understand the need to point fingers but it is far more complicated than that.

My understanding is, the Achilles has healed ages ago despite 2 operations to fit it. The first operation did not correct all the problems because they was a tiny chipped bone between the tendon and the bone which was missed in the first operation. After the 2nd operation, which sorted the problem with the tendon, there came the problem with scar tissue, and that section of the wound refuse to heal, Why? We do not know but, I read a piece which talked about an infection, I understand it was resolved with a skin graft.

Meanwhile, the players muscles had wasted away and that leg became smaller than the other leg. Santi has been in the gym rebuilding his muscles. He talks of a return in January, which is very encouraging, but we all know it is still a long road back.

The doctors even admit it was the first time they had seen his type of condition. The whole thing reminded me of Rocisky who also had a unique injury which medical doctors had not seen before.Nice touch by Arsenal to renew his contract.
Sorry Waffi this was botched.

Quality of surgeon, quality of his staff, quality of facility, i.e surgically, rehabilitation paramount. English doctors, facility and staff failed santi period.

8 surgeries and near amputation is not simply bad luck. Not a single case like this with DR.James Andrews..NOT 1!!!

It's why all pro sports teams in North America send their athletes to DR.James Andrews, to his Alabama Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center.

Henceforth Arsenal should have Dr.James Andrews and the Alabama Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center as the primary location for surgery+rehab.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Sorry Waffi this was botched.

Quality of surgeon, quality of his staff, quality of facility, i.e surgically, rehabilitation paramount. English doctors, facility and staff failed santi period.

8 surgeries and near amputation is not simply bad luck. Not a single case like this with DR.James Andrews..NOT 1!!!

It's why all pro sports teams in North America send their athletes to DR.James Andrews, to his Alabama Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center.

Henceforth Arsenal should have Dr.James Andrews and the Alabama Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center as the primary location for surgery+rehab.
You read where they said the problem was unique and never seen before.

Easy to point fingers but you need the details of events. I refuse to point the finger of blame without full facts. That's all I am saying.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Damn..I have to say I admire Waffi's loyalty to the establishment .. :clap: :clap: I wish we all could stand for any one thing the way the man sabi stand for the Arsenal.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Damn..I have to say I admire Waffi's loyalty to the establishment .. :clap: :clap: I wish we all could stand for any one thing the way the man sabi stand for the Arsenal.

In other words, you dey call am Sheep :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Damn..I have to say I admire Waffi's loyalty to the establishment .. :clap: :clap: I wish we all could stand for any one thing the way the man sabi stand for the Arsenal.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Uncle no kill person with laugh.

Hmmm Uncle what is your take on Sunday?
I mean how should we line up to stop this City,i don't know which club will do that if beloved don't.
I see our season change if we beat them,win and go to the home game with Spurs with positive.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

anikulapo wrote:

Na you talk so o no be me ... :scared:

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@jeorgebird:Welbeck and Chambers back in full training. Nelson and Sheaf trained with first-team.(04/11/17 )

Welbeck probably makes it to the bench vs Spurs but both are very well in the mix for Cologne. And on that, it's time the gaffer let some of these players lineup in positions they're familiar with - we need 1 or 2(max) outta six points. Nelson should take TW's spot while Maitland-Niles goes to central midfield. Rather sad to see Cohen Bramall wasting on some team's bench - he went there when Harry was the gaffer - the new dude ain't dealing - we gotta kill the deal(not sure how it affects age & other EPL requirements).

@jeorgebird Nov 2:More evidence it's not worth playing this formation with this group of players. Osei-Tutu and DaSilva should be the wing-backs if anything
---------------------------------------
Sead Kolasinac doesn't look to have been part of training today - If Monreal moves to LWB - you don't want Holding as the 3rd central defender - The kid is been all at sea in recent performances.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... il-arsenal

To be or not to be, thats the Ozil question for Arsenal. Thank God I won’t be watching this thing live :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Looks like Kolasinac is out. Heard he has a hip issue and has not trained all week.

I noted with keen interest Alex not being in the squad on Thursday. Could it be he starts tomorrow or a sub?

If Kolasinac not training means he is out of the game, will Monreal play LWB or will Wenger prefer to use Monreal in that role he is so good at for the team.

I think Wenger will try something new for Kolasinac replacement if he does not play.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I am loyal to the Manager and Board because they are doing a wonderful job. The only thing missing at Arsenal right now is the league title. Apart from that everything is right about the football club. I know it cos my knowledge is deep and I am personally involved to witness events.

They moan and whine like spoilt children, I will stick to my guns cos I know I am right.

Whoever you think is the best manager in the world. Put him at Arsenal, with current business model and ownership, he is not winning the CL and is still 4th favourite to win the PL every year. This is fact.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:Looks like Kolasinac is out. Heard he has a hip issue and has not trained all week.

I noted with keen interest Alex not being in the squad on Thursday. Could it be he starts tomorrow or a sub?

If Kolasinac not training means he is out of the game, will Monreal play LWB or will Wenger prefer to use Monreal in that role he is so good at for the team.

I think Wenger will try something new for Kolasinac replacement if he does not play.
Thats sad..the guy has been a beast for us for a new player. I for like see am against shitty

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal’s last 9 vs Man City:

DWDWWDLDW

But here, it is claimed, “Arsenal always lose against the big teams.”

So much so, I am told we have no chance and should not turn up. These are so called, Arsenal supporters. The very ones who have not said one good thing when they have won, but the first to jump out with abuse and insults when they lose. Words cannot describe the contempt I hold for such people.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Our trip to City is indeed daunting given their current form and record. But, we go with belief and ability. We have more than a chance and can get a result.
emekonia
Egg
Egg

Post by emekonia »

Hmm...if Arsenal don't turn up today...we will get smashed. That's just it. No long thing.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I am loyal to the Manager and Board because they are doing a wonderful job. The only thing missing at Arsenal right now is the league title. Apart from that everything is right about the football club. I know it cos my knowledge is deep and I am personally involved to witness events.

They moan and whine like spoilt children, I will stick to my guns cos I know I am right.

Whoever you think is the best manager in the world. Put him at Arsenal, with current business model and ownership, he is not winning the CL and is still 4th favourite to win the PL every year. This is fact.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^13 years into the 5 year plan. Wenger's own words "we will see if I was right".

That being said, tenner on Beloved to do the job today, Bet365 giving a decent punt.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rumours of West Ham being in talks with Moyes to replace Bilic. They claim no deal agreed yet but decision will be made in 48 hours or sooner depending on circumstances.

The same Owners who buy players against the Manager's wishes, have imposed disaster signings on Bilic. One such signing is Joe Hart. If you saw him in Serie A last season, you know he was to be avoided but, they went and got him anyway.

Hart was at fault for at least 2, even 3 goals yesterday, but it is the Manager who the players are clearly fighting for, that will be replaced.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:^13 years into the 5 year plan. Wenger's own words "we will see if I was right".

That being said, tenner on Beloved to do the job today, Bet365 giving a decent punt.
We will beat city today, Wenger better set the team well and give the players believe. Issue is Laca has been poor for a 50 million player.He has not show up for even one big game.I expect him to step up today and also Alexis Sanchez also to do the same .As for Ozil I just hope Uncle Aniks will be wrong today for Arsenal sake let Ozil shine but can we trust him on that?Na pray we go pray as it depend on Wenger selections and tactics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

emekonia wrote:Hmm...if Arsenal don't turn up today...we will get smashed. That's just it. No long thing.
Are City better than us? Yes, they are. But, this is football and there is nothing worse than fans who give up before a ball is kicked.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsenal: Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Coquelin, Ramsey, Ozil, Iwobi, Sanchez.
Subs: Debuchy, Lacazette, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott, Elneny, Macey.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
emekonia wrote:Hmm...if Arsenal don't turn up today...we will get smashed. That's just it. No long thing.
Are City better than us? Yes, they are. But, this is football and there is nothing worse than fans who give up before a ball is kicked.
Kolasinac is playing.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Kolasinac is playing.
Una dey lie for this place Oh :boo: All week Kolasinac is off. Then suddenly, gbam...Kolasinac is healthy.

Wenger at Presser, I will go and attack... Game time: Abeg Coke and lean wry your Boot :boo: