The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Already Arsenal have changed their approach to contracts. They are offering lower basic pay with highly incentivised bonuses. I know this cos of discussions with Agent's. I hear Mikh's basic salary is around £130k per week, but it is highly incentivised to get up to £200k per week depending on him meeting targets. Other clubs will follow suit.
Yes, this approach will become more common.
Common, a club in North London has been using it for a very long time. That is why they have a low wage bill. Goons trying to pretend like they invent things :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No. They have low wage bill cos on non CL football. Now they have to up their wage bill of lose their players.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

So this rumour has some substance ke ? I had read before that it was this agent that tanked Lukaku deal with Chelsea. I guess if you want to swim in the ocean you have to figure out how to deal with sharks !!

I am starting to think 15M from city and pushing them for a young player may have been a better deal !! this Mikhi agent get as e be. :curse: :curse:

tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If another big club as rumoured is willing to do the deal - are they offering a player cos if we can get anything close to Mkhitaryan's quality & another agent - i'll say do the deal.
Alexis is costing ManU hell in the overall package & he brings wage inflation to that club but if Chelsea gave up on Lukaku cos of this agent - I can understand why.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I'm pleased that we haven't gone with Malcolm. Arsenal haven't done a great job in nurturing young talent.
If you're buying this re: Malcolm, I have a bridge to sell you in a nice part of Lagos.

It's more likely that Arsenal thinks the asking price is too high for a player they consider a bit 'risky'. Of course the last 'young' winger who they had the chance to do similar with is now in Barcelona. All a matter of perspective.
:clap: :agree: Dembele was there in France and we miss out.But Oga Plat how good is this kid Malcolm as i have never watch him and hate to judge players from youtube.
I have not seen a lot of Bordeaux games this season and in the few I've seen, he wasn't the guy who caught my eye. With that said, every time I watched them last year, he was their best player. He has a bag of tricks and can be a handful.
The guys I like to vouch for from the French league have been guys who have been the best players in the league, guys who were obviously going to do well wherever they went...Payet (in spite of his troubles, he was obviously bigger than Ligue 1), Giroud, Aubameyang, Dembele and a few others, those guys were clearly better than that league. I'm not so sure with Malcom. On this one, I can see why Arsenal don't want to pay past a certain amount. Let's see how the second half of this season goes (*if he doesn't move this window). He may be Bordeaux's best player now but even if we remove PSG from the discussion, I'm not sure I'd count him among the very best of the rest in that league. Top 5/10? Sure. But the Aubameyangs and co were in the top 1/2 in their day and that was despite playing for clubs that were not the rich club of the league.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Doesn't an agent work for the player or is it the other way around with Raiola?
Raiola, Mendes, Kia....those agents are whales. When you go to them, you let them do their job.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If anyone recalls how long and protracted the Pogba deal was, then you know nothing gets done unless this greedy Agent is paid.

Arsenal do not like Agents like Raiola, so their negotiators have their hands full here. Wenger was clear in his press conference, there is no problem with the player, he said.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If anyone recalls how long and protracted the Pogba deal was, then you know nothing gets done unless this greedy Agent is paid.

Arsenal do not like Agents like Raiola, so their negotiators have their hands full here. Wenger was clear in his press conference, there is no problem with the player, he said.
You're 100% right, Arsenal doesn't like to deal with these guys. I get the point you're making and the way you're using the term 'greedy'. Are they greedy though? Raiola gets his clients the best financial deal possible always. He has built his brand and business on that. In a way, is Arsenal not the same? Arsenal believes in not overpaying for a player, the club has built it's reputation on that. The Raiola brand is strong and players go to him because they know he will get them top dollar.

*a quick add-on to all this, I am more concerned about the things he does with the smaller, unknown players. That one leaves a sour taste in my mouth. However, it's not just the super agents who do that, it's a norm in that business. The few 'good' guys who promise and deliver are not the norm.
**the role of agents in the sport needs to be addressed but there's so much murkiness and of course money floating around that it is not in the interest of certain powers to address it.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Then Arsenal can fast track their application to the Championship division. Enough of this moral superiority nonsense when you are on le of the highest revenue club in the world
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
ManU don't want LVG on their pay roll, it is a massive waste to them. So if something comes up, they will gladly be rid of him. But LVG is a man with a huge ego and he cannot be seen to have been shafted in the financial side after been shafted out of his job.

Just my opinion.
You seem to be speaking quite a lot with Ed Woodward. :lol: I guess no one likes to pay a past employee salary. However, if you think this is more than a little nuisance to United, then good luck on that. United's is presently valued at $2.23 billion and reported record revenues of £581m for the 2017 financial year, significantly more than anything Arsenal has ever seen. You think a measly LvG salary bothers them? Not to speak of the fact that Arsenal spent 16 million on Welbeck/Chambers and are going to lose on those investments when they sell both players. Or the 60 million Arsenal lost for not selling Sanchez last summer? If we want to speak of massive waste, I can also speak about the investment in Debuchy. A salaried player who rarely plays a game.

anyway, just my opinion. :D
I ain't 'tryna' intrude but -

Louis van Gaal reveals he turned down Belgium job to get revenge on 'mean and low' Manchester United

Louis van Gaal has admitted he turned down the chance to manage Belgium so that he could continue to receive compensation for being sacked by Manchester United.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -mean-low/
Bro, you aint intruding, and I dont even disagree with you or Waffi on that issue. All I am saying is that Manchester United is one of the most successful corporations in the world. LvG's salary is NOTHING to them. Its like the sandwiches they buy everyday for their corporate staff. They dont even know that the money has left their account, talkless of feeling a pinch sef. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I'm pleased that we haven't gone with Malcolm. Arsenal haven't done a great job in nurturing young talent.
If you're buying this re: Malcolm, I have a bridge to sell you in a nice part of Lagos.

It's more likely that Arsenal thinks the asking price is too high for a player they consider a bit 'risky'. Of course the last 'young' winger who they had the chance to do similar with is now in Barcelona. All a matter of perspective.

exactly.
Bro, I dont have any inside information on this. So, this is just my opinion.

I think those who thought Arsenal will buy Auba, Mkhy and Malcom--- 3 attacking players in January--might be very wrong. Specifically since Arsenal has Laca, Ozil, Iwobi, Giroud, Welbeck and Akpom. I know that Sanchez was indisputably Arsenal's best player, but 3 players to replace 1? Also, keep in mind that all 3 players are non-homegrown players. And taking away Sanchez, it seems you have only 2 non-homegrown slots left.

My reading is that Arsenal has a list of players, and Malcom is second choice on the list. So, if they dont get Mkhy, then they go for Malcom, and not both. With the Mkhy deal about to be completed, no need for Malcom.

Finally, I will be shocked if Wenger drops Laca or Ozil... or even Ramsey sef --- since Ramsey is not going to be played in the 2 with Wilshire's "form." So where is the space? mkhy, Auba or Malcom are not leaving their clubs to sit on Arsenal's bench.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If another big club as rumoured is willing to do the deal - are they offering a player cos if we can get anything close to Mkhitaryan's quality & another agent - i'll say do the deal.
Alexis is costing ManU hell in the overall package & he brings wage inflation to that club but if Chelsea gave up on Lukaku cos of this agent - I can understand why.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lukaku REJECTED chelsea. Nothing you can say will change the fact!

Also, Mkhy, a benchwarmer who could not make matchday squads, is going to be your highest paid player! Talk about wage inflation! :lol: But trust Arsenal fans to look at someone else's home and ignore the rot in their own home.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Bro, you are right!

You are just not seeing what is happening. Arsenal media and some fans trying to pull the wool over the eyes of their fan base as usual. :lol: The plan is to tell the story "Mkhy wants us! he loves us! he wants only us! but his big bad wolf agent is the problem." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
surrrrrrreeeeeeeee

Anyone who knows the truth will tell you that Mkhy does NOT want to leave Man Utd for Arsenal. Thats the truth! He is not happy but he has not choice. Thats why. Additionally, he is demanding to receive more than he gets at United! And that is common sense! NO WAY MKHY IS TAKING A PAY CUT! take that to the bank and Arsenal will pay up! They are desperate and will pay up!

Mkhy is going to be your highest paid player and Raiola is going to get his fee. mark me on that!

Dont listen to the spin.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
The boss must always be the player but roles look reversed here - this agent like Suge Knight is all about his
own agenda - he pushed the player to JM's ManU in the 1st place when Arsenal thought they had him - he's now trying to use this opp
to muscle in our biz - the video below says we pay 7% to agents but this guy will demand more.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Continue with the spin! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We all know what Mkhy said when he REJECTED ARSENAL and picked United. Its not even in debate.

And Raiola is getting his 10 million!
Zlatan will leave ManU but trust he'll raise hell for Pogba & Lukaku's wages matching Alexis - says a lot when Chelsea walks away from
dealing with dude.

And you can continue telling lies, but not going to change the fact! Lukaku REJECTED chelsea. Nothing you can do about that. Chelsea made him an offer and he rejected and gave Mourinho his word as far back as May 2017. Go and read the story. It has been made public.

Also, YOU want Raiola to show United pepper, but sorry my lad, it doesnt work that way. Raiola has already been singing sweet tune talking about Mkhy loves Mourinho and there is not problem... etc etc... Raiola is a politician and Mourinho is a bigger politician. Fergie for instance, hates Raiola and refused to do any business with him. Wenger is of the same line. Mourinho on the other hand has these agents in his pocket! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

:clap: :agree: Dembele was there in France and we miss out.But Oga Plat how good is this kid Malcolm as i have never watch him and hate to judge players from youtube.
I have not seen a lot of Bordeaux games this season and in the few I've seen, he wasn't the guy who caught my eye. With that said, every time I watched them last year, he was their best player. He has a bag of tricks and can be a handful.
The guys I like to vouch for from the French league have been guys who have been the best players in the league, guys who were obviously going to do well wherever they went...Payet (in spite of his troubles, he was obviously bigger than Ligue 1), Giroud, Aubameyang, Dembele and a few others, those guys were clearly better than that league. I'm not so sure with Malcom. On this one, I can see why Arsenal don't want to pay past a certain amount. Let's see how the second half of this season goes (*if he doesn't move this window). He may be Bordeaux's best player now but even if we remove PSG from the discussion, I'm not sure I'd count him among the very best of the rest in that league. Top 5/10? Sure. But the Aubameyangs and co were in the top 1/2 in their day and that was despite playing for clubs that were not the rich club of the league.
You be correct man thanks.Arsenal is one funny club the way they do business.Any news about Ozil contract,it looks like we are talking just about Sanchez and forget about Ozil who is in the same position.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Bro, you are right!

You are just not seeing what is happening. Arsenal media and some fans trying to pull the wool over the eyes of their fan base as usual. :lol: The plan is to tell the story "Mkhy wants us! he loves us! he wants only us! but his big bad wolf agent is the problem." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
surrrrrrreeeeeeeee

Anyone who knows the truth will tell you that Mkhy does NOT want to leave Man Utd for Arsenal. Thats the truth! He is not happy but he has not choice. Thats why. Additionally, he is demanding to receive more than he gets at United! And that is common sense! NO WAY MKHY IS TAKING A PAY CUT! take that to the bank and Arsenal will pay up! They are desperate and will pay up!

Mkhy is going to be your highest paid player and Raiola is going to get his fee. mark me on that!

Dont listen to the spin.
Danfo is it possible for Arsenal to sell Sanchez to Manu and forget about Mkhy?How much is Mkhy salary at united right now?Some people are saying he will take a pay cut to come to Arsenal.My question is why should he take a pay cut when Arsenal need him more than he need Arsenal?Just not make sense at all but what do I know..
Lets see how this transfer window turn out..
Do you know any inside infor about Ozil Contract situation?
@Danfo why is it that only Jose can smart this Raiola guy?Does Raiola work with African players?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote: Danfo is it possible for Arsenal to sell Sanchez to Manu and forget about Mkhy?How much is Mkhy salary at united right now?Some people are saying he will take a pay cut to come to Arsenal.My question is why should he take a pay cut when Arsenal need him more than he need Arsenal?Just not make sense at all but what do I know..
@Danfo why is it that only Jose can smart this Raiola guy?Does Raiola work with African players?
Mkhy is NOT taking a pay cut. I mean, even common sense will tell anyone that. Arsenal is going to make him their highest paid player and they will pay Raiola what he wants, or Mkhy is going no where!

No, I dont know any inside info about Ozil. My PERSONAL opinion is that Ozil does not have that many options.

Several things, (1) Mourinho is an agbero and he is feared (2) Mourinho is one of the most respected figures in football and (3) He always works for wealth clubs, so agents dont want to get on his bad side. They know that his clubs pay money and if he blacklists you, you have lost out.

As for Raiola working with African players, here is a list of his clients:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mino-raio ... erater/282
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Chief Oga Barrington Danfo, nno! Bia...how can one enter a whole parlor with various Ndichie, ezeigbo madus and akwa akwurus, suited and seated and foul discourse with utter rubbish and absolute nonsense. The need for a boys' quarters becomes all the more apparent with every second passing.

Arsenal. Armenia. Not only is there similarity in the first syllable phonetics and number of letters, but in vowel and consonant. Henrikh, when anglicised, is Henry, who in turn is an Arsenal legend. Coincidence? Hardly. All part of the plan.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Common Raiola, stop this nonsense of Mkhi leaving Old Trafford.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote: Danfo is it possible for Arsenal to sell Sanchez to Manu and forget about Mkhy?How much is Mkhy salary at united right now?Some people are saying he will take a pay cut to come to Arsenal.My question is why should he take a pay cut when Arsenal need him more than he need Arsenal?Just not make sense at all but what do I know..
Mkhy is NOT taking a pay cut. I mean, even common sense will tell anyone that. Arsenal is going to make him their highest paid player and they will pay Raiola what he wants, or Mkhy is going no where!

No, I dont know any inside info about Ozil. My PERSONAL opinion is that Ozil does not have that many options.

Several things, (1) Mourinho is an agbero and he is feared (2) Mourinho is one of the most respected figures in football and (3) He always works for wealth clubs, so agents dont want to get on his bad side. They know that his clubs pay money and if he blacklists you, you have lost out.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Chei this Raiola is the biggest football agent sha.Abeg hook my boy victor Moses with him,its time the match fixer and Roman pay him what he really worth.Danfo tell this Raiola Arsenal is a small club and he should take it easy on us haba.
But why even coaches like Pep don't like to deal with him when they are check book masters?As for Wenger I understand he is cheap
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Barrington Danfo, nno! Bia...how can one enter a whole parlor with various Ndichie, ezeigbo madus and akwa akwurus, suited and seated and foul discourse with utter rubbish and absolute nonsense. The need for a boys' quarters becomes all the more apparent with every second passing.

Arsenal. Armenia. Not only is there similarity in the first syllable phonetics and number of letters, but in vowel and consonant. Henrikh, when anglicised, is Henry, who in turn is an Arsenal legend. Coincidence? Hardly. All part of the plan.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Chei this Raiola is the biggest football agent sha.Abeg hook my boy victor Moses with him,its time the match fixer and Roman pay him what he really worth.Danfo tell this Raiola Arsenal is a small club and he should take it easy on us haba.
But why even coaches like Pep don't like to deal with him when they are check book masters?As for Wenger I understand he is cheap
Jorge Mendes is the biggest agent in the world.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We got Robbie and Arsenal Fan TV ... who they got?
DT, Claude and Troopz must have gotten on his nerves !!!
And CE ... damned. I didn't know that RvP read CE ...
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:Common Raiola, stop this nonsense of Mkhi leaving Old Trafford.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I like how everyone wants to make Mino the devil.