The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:Ozil's new deal is an embarrassment for Arsenal. 280K for a player who doesnt have any other serious option and a player who has proven that he is NOT a winner and cannot change games by himself. Madrid got rid of him and look at how successful they have become.

Kai...you sef ...dey give Anikulapo more ammo to fire at Ozil...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
mikewezzy wrote:Selling ur best player to ur rival is never a good move, even if the money is good. If we do sell Sanchez, u can't replace him with Auba, Benzema or any other striker that I've seen people mention here. It has to be a player with similar attribute. Someone that can take people on with speed & skills and track back as well. I would personally go for Dembele from Dortmund or mahrez & lemar. Which means u cant sell him for less than 80mil, if N Epl comes 4 him they better spend over 100mil
ZERO chance with Dembele. Mahrez is not Sanchez, he is lazy defensively which is why one of the forumers here calls him Ozil. Lemar is more Santi Carzola or Ozil-esque than Alexis.

There was life before Alexis, there'll be life AFTER him. He's one of the best in the world today but sometimes a team needs to develop more as a UNIT than being a platform for an individual. It could be better for both sides if Arsenal moves him outside the EPL. The only question would be, will Arsenal spend the proceeds and make the UNIT stronger?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How much did Kante cost again, that we "lost" him to Chelsea?

You ask the MOST important question...will any proceeds from a potential Sanchez sale be used to make the UNIT stronger? We seem to have lost our way in that regard....signing a few marquee players and surrounding them with below average and injury-prone players.

Top tacklers in the league last year. #1 Kante, #2, Ndidi, #3 Romeu.
Why isn't Arsenal looking to get Ndidi and shift off Coquelin who clearly isn't a champions league quality player. (*I've been a Coq supporter from day 1, kid has heart. I remember that 8-02 game when he was a young buck and left every ounce of himself on the pitch while bigger names crumbled like old bread that day but his ceiling isn't good enough and that's the fact).
Coq, Welbeck, Walcott, these 3 guys peaks are nothing near world class or good enough to contend yet they're counted on to play vital roles during the course of the season, you cannot hope to win an EPL when #12 thru #15 in your depth chart are these guys.
Thank you once again. Coq has heart, but.... I frankly do not understand AW's approach. Yes, the team pulls off incredible feats sometimes, but he tends to assume that's what they are capable of consistently.

Coq, Walcott, Welbeck, and even to some extent Ramsey, are fringe players and minimal contributors. I personally think Ramsey has only had ONE good season with Arsenal. Even when healthy, Ramsey is full of bad decisions which take away from many of his vital contributions.
Conversely, despite their "shortcomings", players like Giroud and Monreal have been consistent, reliable contributors.
ed

Exactly. You can add Ramsey to the list and it'd be an understandable argument. The only thing that keeps me hoping with him is he has shown before that at his peak, he can be a true menace. Also, when he plays with Wales, he consistently plays at another level. Some people may not appreciate it but he does. I think when he is healthy and when he curtails the over enthusiastic play, he can be a game wrecker from deep.
The Coq was one of the top tacklers the season before. He was also a top pressing MF player. Coq was expososed last season cos he did not have the player that suited him most in Santi. This does not make him no good. Coq' speak according to the numbers I posted here was up there with any so called world class. His passing was short but not that far away. But he more than made up for it with his defensive stats in that position.

How many teams in the top 6 have players better than Walcott and Welbeck are playing the role they play in the Arsenal squad? Get better players with their experience plus quality, and they demand to leave.

And for those questioning Ramsey, since he has been back to his physical best by being fit again, he has been the best in the league. Go watch the Cup final and the last 5 games of the season. I want Ramsey to sign his the extension to his contract before the season starts. We keep him fit, he will be one of our best players and one of the best players in the league.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Looks like Ox to Chelsea is going to happen.

I'm glad that Wenger is revamping the team sha.

Sad to see him go but good luck and good riddance.

Dude was given opportunity after opportunity and he didn't perform all of a sudden he has a good less than half season and he is doing yanga. Abegi
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:If PSG cough up the money, Alexis is gone
Don't forget to add, if Arsenal cough up the money, Sanchez stays.

Only 45 million? In this current economy?
My guess is, Arsenal would have read the riot act to Sanchez, you are not going to City, especially when we have the option of PSG. If you insist on City, you stay at Arsenal. To facilitate the move, Arsenal do not ask for the kind of money they would from City.

You do that to ensure he does not sign for City. Simple as that. Arsenal sold RvP to ManU for less to punish a disrespectful Mancini and it cost him his job.

I hope this is true to punish that mofo Pep who has targeted Arsenal players since he arrived. I know there is serious bad blood between both clubs.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:280k per week rumored for Ozil???? No bloody way .... that loser is not worth that amount in pesos or naira :curse: what are they smoking at the Emirates :curse:
For me, Arsenal will get Ozil signed up before selling Sanchez for the right money. As much as I want to think Wenger will hold Sanchez to the final year of his contract. I just do not see Wenger doing it especially knowing the potential implications financially for the player.

Also, I do not think Sanchez is the type that will be professional and give his all if held to his contract. Sanchez has already been very disruptive in the last 2 seasons. For me he is too much if a diva to keep around and it will not be good for Arsenal. We have seen how the uncertainty over the Manager cost the club, we do not want similar issues with Sanchez.

I just hope we can sell him to PSG but knowing Arsenal, they will play PSG and Man City against each then sell to the highest bidder.

Very dispiriting :boo: :boo:

Just curious, do you support this rumored 280k per weeek to Ozil ????
p

Ozil has earned it. He sells the most Arsenal merchandise worldwide of all Arsenal's players and the rumours of what has held up the deal was Ozil's people knowing his appeal, then demanding record deal in image rights.

The rumour is Arsenal resolved this by buying some % of the image of rights and paying him as part of his signing on fee to be re-claimed on VAT at point of sale of Ozil merchandise. In effect, Arsenal are saying, take the money for the sales in advance cos we trust you will sell more at higher prices and we will make a profit. For Ozil, it is cash in hand without selling a thing. For Arsenal, they keep the wage structure lower because it is not salary.

On Sanchez, I heard rumours of Arsenal offering a new deal. We go see.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

peron33uk wrote:Looks like Ox to Chelsea is going to happen.

Dude was given opportunity after opportunity and he didn't perform all of a sudden he has a good less than half season and he is doing yanga. Abegi
I maybe wrong but I do not believe these Oxlade to Liverpool, City and Chelsea stories. Maybe his Agent is hard at work, but I now doubt it. Rumours of a deal agreed with Arsenal and as far as I know, this has not changed. Maybe these rumours are right and I am wrong, but I maintain he signs a new deal with Arsenal until I am proven otherwise.

What do I know?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Could Arsenal be interested in Rafinha Alcantara? :sneaky:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-10847465

Paris Saint-Germain poised to test Arsenal's insistence that Alexis Sanchez will not be sold with £70million transfer bid
-----
Why do a deal w/o getting some players instead of cash - they're confident about Alexis & Neymar - Draxler lines up on the laft wing - we gotta be able
to get 2 quality players from them.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:280k per week rumored for Ozil???? No bloody way .... that loser is not worth that amount in pesos or naira :curse: what are they smoking at the Emirates :curse:
For me, Arsenal will get Ozil signed up before selling Sanchez for the right money. As much as I want to think Wenger will hold Sanchez to the final year of his contract. I just do not see Wenger doing it especially knowing the potential implications financially for the player.

Also, I do not think Sanchez is the type that will be professional and give his all if held to his contract. Sanchez has already been very disruptive in the last 2 seasons. For me he is too much if a diva to keep around and it will not be good for Arsenal. We have seen how the uncertainty over the Manager cost the club, we do not want similar issues with Sanchez.

I just hope we can sell him to PSG but knowing Arsenal, they will play PSG and Man City against each then sell to the highest bidder.

p

Ozil has earned it. He sells the most Arsenal merchandise worldwide of all Arsenal's players and the rumours of what has held up the deal was Ozil's people knowing his appeal, then demanding record deal in image rights.

The rumour is Arsenal resolved this by buying some % of the image of rights and paying him as part of his signing on fee to be re-claimed on VAT at point of sale of Ozil merchandise. In effect, Arsenal are saying, take the money for the sales in advance cos we trust you will sell more at higher prices and we will make a profit. For Ozil, it is cash in hand without selling a thing. For Arsenal, they keep the wage structure lower because it is not salary.

Are you really trying to console yourself and make yourself feel happy :woot: :woot: Man mi you be true Arsenal fan, we get it, but just once try and face the facts.

Mezut Ozil is a loser, PERIOD!!!

Proof is in the pudding. No top club wants him: FACT!!!!

Hell they are not even inquiring about him, and same for Ramshyt. The thing about Arsenal is that they are always in the news, be it for better or worse, and everyone is familiar with their players and the feelings of the fans.

Do you think opposing clubs are dumb? When a man with his last major contract on the line rewards his team with a below shyt season what else is there left to be said about the man. OZil is a spineless weasel and a bonfire Les Pussie. Matter of fact he is the leader of that mob of muppets.

I seriously don't believe this club can be that stupid. Their wage structure will never be the same and it will set the club back for a decade .... I dare them to give Ozil 280k per week ... no bloody way.

Again things like this are what infuriates me about Arsenal under Wenger. Look at how we are allowing players to run down contracts and getting strong armed into overpaying for scrubs.

Contrast that to what is happening at Old Trafford.

In Mourinho, his second year plan is clear and plain for all to see and he is putting that beast together like he did at Madrid, Chelshyt and now seems in the works at United.

You can see how he is putting the pieces in place and a goal to have a big, dynamic squad capable of Challenging on multiple fronts and ready to adjust to multiple styles.

All the while Arsenal continues plodding with their transfer nonsense and failing to plug the mighty gap in the center of the field that has been nagging at them for almost a decade now. And people dey wonder why fans get so fed up and lash out
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

35 million pounds plus Verrati maybe.

35 million pounds is too low for Sanchez.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

peron33uk wrote:Looks like Ox to Chelsea is going to happen.

Ox is going no where. Just agent trying to get more.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Meanwhile Chelsea taking our boys apart... :mad: :mad: :mad:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Bramal is not ready. Iwobi the less said.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

p

Are you really trying to console yourself and make yourself feel happy :woot: :woot: Man mi you be true Arsenal fan, we get it, but just once try and face the facts.

Hell they are not even inquiring about him, and same for Ramshyt. The thing about Arsenal is that they are always in the news, be it for better or worse, and everyone is familiar with their players and the feelings of the fans.

Do you think opposing clubs are dumb? When a man with his last major contract on the line rewards his team with a below shyt season what else is there left to be said about the man. OZil is a spineless weasel and a bonfire Les Pussie. Matter of fact he is the leader of that mob of muppets.

I seriously don't believe this club can be that stupid. Their wage structure will never be the same and it will set the club back for a decade .... I dare them to give Ozil 280k per week ... no bloody way.

Again things like this are what infuriates me about Arsenal under Wenger. Look at how we are allowing players to run down contracts and getting strong armed into overpaying for scrubs.

In Mourinho, his second year plan is clear and plain for all to see and he is putting that beast together like he did at Madrid, Chelshyt and now seems in the works at United.

You can see how he is putting the pieces in place and a goal to have a big, dynamic squad capable of Challenging on multiple fronts and ready to adjust to multiple styles.

All the while Arsenal continues plodding with their transfer nonsense and failing to plug the mighty gap in the center of the field that has been nagging at them for almost a decade now. And people dey wonder why fans get so fed up and lash out
I of course disagree with everything you have written. :lol: :lol: :lol:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

N'Golo Kante totally outplayed & outlasted our midfield. He'd a job of work to do & he owned it. We must be very careful how often
in big matches we deploy Xhaka & Ramsey as the 2central midfielders - none of them is a good ball winner - Ramsey wants to run forward,
Xhaka becomes overloaded & defensive line operates w/o a shield - it looked horrible in the 1st half vs Bayern - Chelsea cashed the cheque today.
It's imperative we get Riyad into our setup - add to that Oriol Romeu & Virgil Van Dijk
When we switched formations last season, we developed into a more compact unit with better balance - today's match vs Chelsea reminded me of Spurs
away last season - our wingbacks caught out a lot plus we look ready to concede after every setpiece - - back to school for the team. Must get that shape right
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ManU, Spuds, & Chelsea remind of the no nonsense Arsenal of old. May be it's preseason, appears we like steel & speed in the middle. Anyway no shaking, because I believe!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

tolahs wrote:N'Golo Kante totally outplayed & outlasted our midfield. He'd a job of work to do & he owned it. We must be very careful how often
in big matches we deploy Xhaka & Ramsey as the 2central midfielders - none of them is a good ball winner - Ramsey wants to run forward,
Xhaka becomes overloaded & defensive line operates w/o a shield - it looked horrible in the 1st half vs Bayern - Chelsea cashed the cheque today.
It's imperative we get Riyad into our setup - add to that Oriol Romeu & Virgil Van Dijk
When we switched formations last season, we developed into a more compact unit with better balance - today's match vs Chelsea reminded me of Spurs
away last season - our wingbacks caught out a lot plus we look ready to concede after every setpiece - - back to school for the team. Must get that shape right
Dude it was a preseason game...Jeez! :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Just my POV, AW fully aware squad needs serious upgrade but desired targets i.e Lemar, Keita and or Sarri at the moment unattainable.

In lieu of inability to land said targets AW has to give this limited squad as much game time as possible in order to ready for Friday night clash vs Leicester city in 3 weeks time.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

p

I of course disagree with everything you have written. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aniks well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Robbynice wrote:
tolahs wrote:N'Golo Kante totally outplayed & outlasted our midfield. He'd a job of work to do & he owned it. We must be very careful how often
OK, the new excuse is preseason , then the beginning of the season and finally we blame the players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Ozil's new deal is an embarrassment for Arsenal. 280K for a player who doesnt have any other serious option and a player who has proven that he is NOT a winner and cannot change games by himself. Madrid got rid of him and look at how successful they have become.

Kai...you sef ...dey give Anikulapo more ammo to fire at Ozil...
Uncle, I have been saying this for years. Even when he was leaving Madrid... no serious club wanted him. I KNOW FOR A FACT that he contacted Mourinho pleading to come to Chelsea, but Mourinho refused. I saw Ozil for 3 years at Madrid and I knew him very well. Ozil is a weak minded player! he is a loser (and I dont mean this as an insult.. I seriously mean it factually). Ozil does not know how to win!! He hides from confrontation (he even admitted this in his book, when mourinho insulted him and screamed at him for being a weak person).

If Arsenal dare pay him that amount, then Arsenal has lost it! Arsenal should sell him, if they can, and sell Sanchez... then go and buy Winners! Buy someone with a rugged mentality!

Imagine, this season, Arsenal will lose rugged men like Sanchez and Oxlade, and keep Ozil. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You will learn the hard way. Do you remember 2 seasons ago when Chelsea finished 10th? Thats what their fans were saying when they got beaten up by a bunch of 16 year olds vs New York Red Bulls. "Its just pre-season." :lol: :lol: :lol: Trust me, I am not bragging, but I know football like its the back of my hand. In pre-season, you just need to watch for certain things and then you know a club is in big big trouble.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?