The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Gooner1 »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:Nemanja Vidic on Arsenal: “They have to learn to defend. For me, now, when Arsenal go to pre-season, they can’t think about scoring goals, they are going to think, ‘Can we have a clean sheet, please’, because that’s what they have to learn.”
-------------------------------
We can all agree on this but do we have the gaffer for the gig. He said at the end of last season b4 signing a new contract, he was willing to change for the cause(something to that effect) - it's become obvious, he cannot.
It's about a mentality - i repeat what i've been saying for a while - true supporters of AW must rescue him from himself.

Wenger just said Arsenal's away form is baffling......if the way your team is playing is difficult to understand.....what are you doing in training?

Talking about change....you can only change if you can accept what you are doing aint working.....then take measures to rectify it and if that doesnt work seek help but do you think arsene is the type of person to do that? I dont think so....he will rather double down....the old arsene will though but not this current version.
For yrs I was one of those Gooners who teased ManU fans cos SAF will frequently bring in coaches to work with his team - he appreciated the hunger of the job seeking & often times younger Coach. They'd new ideas & were determined to leave an impression.
Carlos Queiroz & Walter Smith became assts through such gigs.
Then one finds out we AW is a non-delegator of coaching duties. One remembers the effect on Titi & Bergy of "Marco van Basten doing some work @Arsenal for his coaching badge. That now falls in the halcyon days category.
Teams play as they're coached - the consequences of not sticking to gameplans must be serious.
That's why when Laurent Koscielny said after the CSKA match the team didn't follow the gaffer's gameplan is a worry.
Squillachi once asked Wenger how come other players are not helping them with defensive duties....Wenger told him "because I want them to concentrate on attacking only".....one player epitomizing that is jack Wilshere. Minus possession he is just walking around pointing fingers whilst doing nothing. Arsenal possession stats have been diminishing over the years coz pressing is no longer a choice but necessity for elite teams. To have possession you need to press intensively and efficiently otherwise you wont have the ball to do the said attacking. Lets say the said defenders have won the ball back against a team like liverpool or City....the first thing the likes of Aguero, firmino or mane are going to do is press you immediately to win the ball back and they will end up overwhelming your defence before they can even have the chance to pass the ball to the midfield(attackers coz apparently their job is just to attack). You will end up with an overwhelmed defence and attacking players without the ball......We keep on blaming Arsenal's defence for individual mistakes without considering the workload they have to deal......the said workload has destroyed Koscielny.....Wenger has to decide what he needs from his players.....haphazard defending means you wont have the ball to do the attacking which he is infatuated with.....statistics which his defenders are always peddling to defend his incompetence are showing that arsenal are struggling to score goals over the last couple of years..........it doesnt take a blind man to see that......with a better defensive shape and committed pressing.....you are likely to win the ball more closer to your opponents goals thus increasing the likelihood of you hurting them....spurs, liverpool, Man City all have better scoring ratios and the only constant in that is both are very efficient in their pressing/defensive shape.
Wenger incapable of changing, he is stuck in the 90s and refuses to listen to reason and retire.......I am quite happy to see his legacy shot to sh1t like the once vibrant city of Basra
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:Nemanja Vidic on Arsenal: “They have to learn to defend. For me, now, when Arsenal go to pre-season, they can’t think about scoring goals, they are going to think, ‘Can we have a clean sheet, please’, because that’s what they have to learn.”
We can all agree on this but do we have the gaffer for the gig. He said at the end of last season b4 signing a new contract, he was willing to change for the cause(something to that effect) - it's become obvious, he cannot.
It's about a mentality - i repeat what i've been saying for a while - true supporters of AW must rescue him from himself.

Wenger just said Arsenal's away form is baffling......if the way your team is playing is difficult to understand.....what are you doing in training?

Talking about change....you can only change if you can accept what you are doing aint working.....then take measures to rectify it and if that doesnt work seek help but do you think arsene is the type of person to do that? I dont think so....he will rather double down....the old arsene will though but not this current version.
For yrs I was one of those Gooners who teased ManU fans cos SAF will frequently bring in coaches to work with his team - he appreciated the hunger of the job seeking & often times younger Coach. They'd new ideas & were determined to leave an impression.
Then one finds out we AW is a non-delegator of coaching duties. One remembers the effect on Titi & Bergy of "Marco van Basten doing some work @Arsenal for his coaching badge. That now falls in the halcyon days category.
Teams play as they're coached - the consequences of not sticking to gameplans must be serious.
That's why when Laurent Koscielny said after the CSKA match the team didn't follow the gaffer's gameplan is a worry.
Squillachi once asked Wenger how come other players are not helping them with defensive duties....Wenger told him "because I want them to concentrate on attacking only".....one player epitomizing that is jack Wilshere. Minus possession he is just walking around pointing fingers whilst doing nothing. Arsenal possession stats have been diminishing over the years coz pressing is no longer a choice but necessity for elite teams. To have possession you need to press intensively and efficiently otherwise you wont have the ball to do the said attacking. Lets say the said defenders have won the ball back against a team like liverpool or City....the first thing the likes of Aguero, firmino or mane are going to do is press you immediately to win the ball back and they will end up overwhelming your defence before they can even have the chance to pass the ball to the midfield(attackers coz apparently their job is just to attack). You will end up with an overwhelmed defence and attacking players without the ball......We keep on blaming Arsenal's defence for individual mistakes without considering the workload they have to deal......the said workload has destroyed Koscielny.....Wenger has to decide what he needs from his players.....haphazard defending means you wont have the ball to do the attacking which he is infatuated with.....statistics which his defenders are always peddling to defend his incompetence are showing that arsenal are struggling to score goals over the last couple of years..........it doesnt take a blind man to see that......with a better defensive shape and committed pressing.....you are likely to win the ball more closer to your opponents goals thus increasing the likelihood of you hurting them....spurs, liverpool, Man City all have better scoring ratios and the only constant in that is both are very efficient in their pressing/defensive shape.
Wenger incapable of changing, he is stuck in the 90s and refuses to listen to reason and retire.......I am quite happy to see his legacy shot to sh1t like the once vibrant city of Basra
:arrow: Gerrarahia!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Let's hope Wenger doesn't mess our chance to win the Europa.
3 more games to go.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Opta wrote:Mathieu Debuchy is the highest-scoring defender in Europe's top five leagues... with as many goals this season as Mesut Ozil
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gooner1 wrote:
Opta wrote:Mathieu Debuchy is the highest-scoring defender in Europe's top five leagues... with as many goals this season as Mesut Ozil

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gooner1 wrote:
I bet Waffib's software won't show those stats.

I posted here eons ago that Arsenal's problem isn't necessarily the players that's why I stopped criticizing them.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I watched Schalke vs Dirtmund and I have regained my love for the Bundesliga .... the level of technical ability, Soccer intelligence and pace of the game in that league is amazing ...

Schalke’s new Young coach Tedesco also bears watching .... that team can ball .

Poor Batshuayi might miss the word cup on a clean tackle but broke his leg in the follow through
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Gooner1 wrote:

lol....when you guys post these things make una dey fair haba.. in a weaker league and with more playing time..and one red card ..

Btw did you mention that Monreal has the same amount of goals ( albeit with more game time ) :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Na fairness in reporting i dey ask for o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

lol....when you guys post these things make una dey fair haba.. in a weaker league and with more playing time..and one red card ..

Btw did you mention that Monreal has the same amount of goals ( albeit with more game time ) :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

What has Monreal got to do with his post? He just stated the facts; he didn't opine. Does Monreal's stats invalidate what he posted?

That same weaker league is where Cantona, Zidane, Giroud, Hazard, Pogba, Mbappe and more all came from.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:

:arrow: Gerrarahia!
You can't argue against the ominous.

Steadily steadily, Wenger hanging around will see us struggling to stay above the likes of Burnley in the future. Dey dia. If you like nor shine ya eye. :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 16831.html

Waffi, Azuka and SlowLoco :taunt: :taunt: no be fight ohhh because no be me write am :woot:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 16831.html

Waffi, Azuka and SlowLoco :taunt: :taunt: no be fight ohhh because no be me write am :woot:
Another man's opinion similar to yours and mine. It's IMHO.
That said, remember one Kosc when he arrived at Arsenal from a no name team in a no name French football? Who says Mustafi wont turn out better?
On Xhaka, i believe the issue is on positioning. How Arsenal plays him.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That said, remember one Kosc when he arrived at Arsenal from a no name team in a no name French football? Who says Mustafi wont turn out better? As bad as people think Mustafi is, come June he will be on board German plane to Russia. So go figure. And wasn't he a World Cup winner 4 years ago? To be a part of that team even as a squad member says a lot.
On Xhaka, i believe the issue is on positioning. How Arsenal plays him. I do not think he is a bad player.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

azuka wrote:

That said, remember one Kosc when he arrived at Arsenal from a no name team in a no name French football? Who says Mustafi wont turn out better? As bad as people think Mustafi is, come June he will be on board German plane to Russia. So go figure. And wasn't he a World Cup winner 4 years ago? To be a part of that team even as a squad member says a lot.
On Xhaka, i believe the issue is on positioning. How Arsenal plays him. I do not think he is a bad player.
I doubt this.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:

That Sébastien Squillaci, a mainstay at what were highly rated Lyon & Sevilla teams comes to Arsenal only to become a liability says plenty. He said something along the lines after he left us "Arsenal aren't defender friendly" - the lack of true accountability to the fanbase & board means AW gets away with what is at best is kamikaze footie in a EPL with higher tactical demands.
We've a gaffer whose ideas are clearly insipid & the best pushback arguments are his achievements in his 1st decade with us.
I watched Gabriel playing for Valencia vs Barca - unrecognisable from the dude who played for us. Organisation does a lot for a team.
Going on this season, our best games were @home to Spuds & away @Chelsea in the league - we played team defence & truly did the screen job for the central defenders.
Why stop doing that? About pressing - i mentioned something to that effect last yr on this forum - someone whose name i can't remember went off on a tangent about types of pressing - the whole 9yds of typical deflection.
We profess to be a passing team - Pep's Barca laid a blue print - win the ball high & kill your opponents. We've become a team that probably passes the most at least in the EPL top 10 to the GK
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

What has Monreal got to do with his post? He just stated the facts; he didn't opine. Does Monreal's stats invalidate what he posted?

That same weaker league is where Cantona, Zidane, Giroud, Hazard, Pogba, Mbappe and more all came from.
Why waste your time with some people defending failure. I see how he ignore Ballerin that play same position .
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:
azuka wrote:

I doubt this.
No doubt oooh, cameraman was one of the first to be selected until he retired from German team.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This was an original story from Bouhafsi who is extremely close to Martial.

Rumours in France last weekend are, ManU are willing to the £60m ManU are asking for Martial.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Unfair - Giroud left for playing time - not much as changed - still super sub.
AW looks away when speedy wingers are on the market but wants to play Auba wide - we don't have a midfield with the hardworking
ethics to play both upfront - you bet Diego Simeone will partner those 2 upfront if he'd them cos the rest of the team can stay compact.
Kai! See cheap weed. Looked away where? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Until last summer he had Welbeck, Theo, Oxlade and Sanchez who are all quick to extremely fast. He has had to sell 3 of those buying players in more urgent positions that were available. He even tried to sign Malcolm if rumours are true.

So who are these wingers. He looked away from? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AW prefers to use playmakers with a bit of pace wide instead of real wingers. Oxlade hardly plays as a winger @liverpool, Theo was always below grade - are we really going to harp on about a winger with no trick. Welbeck is a limited striker with decent pace wasted out wide.
Auba at his age will not want to hang out wide - he already did that - good gaffers look for ways to make that work but your boss like a communist wants to start every disgruntled player.....Nelson & Iwobi wide with Auba & Laca as a front 2 was an option, ANM & Sead as WBs in a 3-4-1-2 with those two as the front 2 was another option .
Whilst you act like you're a fervent supporter of AW, your every utterance & action reveals a cultist devotion to everything AW - you've picked him over Arsenal - when you get delivered, you'll be welcome to the fold,.

Alexis - "I think the position Arsenal are using him as a striker, in front, it is perfect for him," he said last season. "In Barcelona maybe I didn't help him too much because he played wide. He can do that but he is better between the lines, closer to the goal."
Pep plus the man's unwillingness to track back & defend.
When has AW gone after a Aryen Robben type? I am not impressed with Malcolm.
I see you have failed to mention these fast wingers/players Wenger look away from. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wenger's great teams have always had the balance of the pacy runner and the wide play maker. He currently has no balance with Welbeck being the only runner from wide position. From his first teams at Arsenal there was always that balance. But Arsenal real lack of pace right now is in central midfield. This flaw has more to do with defence esp on the counter attack. This needs to be rectified in the summer.

Oxlade played the most games wide right for Arsenal. He also did best out there nevertheless. But he was too young and inconsistent.

Stop mentioning Nelson, he is not ready. We all saw how much of a pub he is when we played Southampton.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

theYemster wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

He did not opine but compared.. he compared Debuchy to Ozil and if you dont get what monreal has to do with it then you wont get it...Monreal is a defender ( like Debuchy) who plays the similar position to Debuchy ( not Ozil ) and for fairness of reporting you compare like to like . Hope you get it now ...Kajiji shake shake I will ignore your response to the posting for today :).

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote: This was an original story from Bouhafsi who is extremely close to Martial.

Rumours in France last weekend are, ManU are willing to the £60m ManU are asking for Martial.
Maybe or maybe not he would have been a better fit for us then Mikhi..now we got Mikhi and we "suffort" our own :thumb: :thumb:

...Socrates
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

He did not opine but compared.. he compared Debuchy to Ozil and if you dont get what monreal has to do with it then you wont get it...Monreal is a defender ( like Debuchy) who plays the similar position to Debuchy ( not Ozil ) and for fairness of reporting you compare like to like . Hope you get it now ...Kajiji shake shake I will ignore your response to the posting for today :).
....if you have any issues with what i posted......speak to opta.....i'm just a messenger :taunt: :taunt:

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Bros..I no get issue with anyone o..I am also messaging that we post balanced info..btw if na opta compare Ozil to Debuchy ..please post the link ..make we see the complete context.

And my response was to those wey just dey do public defender for you for free hehehehe :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

make I add the source i don get am for you ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Ozil.html

As you see no be opta talk am na news paper add that jara ...

He did not opine but compared.. he compared Debuchy to Ozil and if you dont get what monreal has to do with it then you wont get it...Monreal is a defender ( like Debuchy) who plays the similar position to Debuchy ( not Ozil ) and for fairness of reporting you compare like to like . Hope you get it now ...Kajiji shake shake I will ignore your response to the posting for today :).[/quote]
....if you have any issues with what i posted......speak to opta.....i'm just a messenger :taunt: :taunt:[/quote]

...Socrates