The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bepanda »

Giroud made it ... and Lacazette didn't ... Deschamps seems to understand what Giroud brings ...
Coach wrote:
Cito wrote:So Lacazette didn’t make the France 23 for the World Cup. He is rather placed in the reserves.
Alexandre Double Ogbuefi Lacazette pulled from the roster, at the same stage in his career. All the better for Beloved, fresh legs for the new era.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

If all these rumors are even close to being true, it won't take long for the "Kroenke out" banners to be printed and deployed.
Anyway ... it is world cup time. Plenty to keep people busy ...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Giroud make it :clap: :clap: better player than Laca but hope Laca will be fantastic for us than Giroud ever dream of been.

Welbeck should have been the guy gone than Giroud but aaaagh ....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Giroud made it ... and Lacazette didn't ... Deschamps seems to understand what Giroud brings ...
Coach wrote:
Cito wrote:So Lacazette didn’t make the France 23 for the World Cup. He is rather placed in the reserves.
Alexandre Double Ogbuefi Lacazette pulled from the roster, at the same stage in his career. All the better for Beloved, fresh legs for the new era.
Giroud was a good back up,he has more impact coming from the bench.That is someone who never make noise when wrongly bench.He link up play is amazing.Not a #1 Striker but will do the job well when ask.He has done better for Chelsea than their Spanish boy
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote: I cannot see how this will change now. Arteta it is. It looks like an agreement has not materialised with Allegri. The rumour is Arteta was to be announced today. But he made his own demands, plus Allegri's Agent returned with a revised proposal, all this were looked at s meeting yesterday and decisions were made on the way forward.

Unless Allegri bows to being a part of the structure at Arsenal, for which the key is nowhere close to transfer outlay as many expected, I cannot see him being the next man. I just cannot see him doing it without a transfer war chest of at least £150m. David Ornstein is effectively confirming what I said about the accounts. They are not going to spend any of the new money com8ng in on transfers. It is farking crazy. :oops: :curse:

From all info out there, David Ornstein's tweet is more or less the structure Wenger worked to in the past 3 seasons with the StatDNA team. After the StatDNA team was disbanded, last summer and in January, Wenger worked with Galzidis and Wrigglesworth for transfers. But StatDNA is still there, but it no longer the tool and boffins that recommend players to be brought into the club.

The StatDNA team has now being disbanded and their role reduced considerably, I know this from following and interacting with boffins on social media, and replaced with a transfer recruitment committee, headed by Milistant but comprising of Wrigglesworth, Sanhelli, Galzidis and 3 other scouts and boffins. Galzidis takes their recommendations to the Board.

We hear the new Coach has the veto power, but in practice this hardly happens, cos it is usually a committee decision. The vote is by Committee and the Coach is part of that Committee. We can all see what happens when a Coach complains openly about being ignored on transfer decisions. Just look at Conte at Chelsea. I cannot wait for this to happen at Arsenal. Maybe it is the fear of Conte like issues, they will not get a top high profile coach.

Whatever it is, I support my club, but it must be said I like the vast majority of Gooners expected more, but we also know, there is a lot to work with at Arsenal, so things are far from being hopeless. We have a chance for top 4 if We do the right things this window.

Finally, whilst we gripe about prices, I do not know where it is coming from. I am paying an average of £250 less for my Season ticket. The reason is because of Europa League football, which I hate. Next season, I intend to giveaway my EL tickets to family.
Actually Ornstein said....
We are told Arsenal have a budget for the summer transfer window of around £50m.

that can be bolstered by the proceeds of any sales
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44165995

Conceivably...

Ramsey 50 MP
Ospina 5 MP
Chambers 15 MP
Bellerin 40 MP

If Arsenal so choose can have 140-160 MP "warchest"
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No one will pay 40 MP for Belerin. Well I will be shocked if that happens.

Selling Ramsey will not make the team better.

Looks like life as an Arsenal fan will be tough for the next couple of years.

They should start printing those Kroenke out banners now. That guy is the worst owner in sports. He also owns the LA Rams, Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:No one will pay 40 MP for Belerin. Well I will be shocked if that happens.

They should start printing those Kroenke out banners now. That guy is the worst owner in sports. He also owns the LA Rams, Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche.
We saw Luke Shaw acquired for 30 MP in 2014. 40 MP is peanuts for many clubs, 40 MP is the new 15 MP for many clubs.

As for Ramsey it's the last year of his deal, if Ramsey won't sign an extension in next few weeks he must be sold ASAP.
Detective Bunk Moreland

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:No one will pay 40 MP for Belerin. Well I will be shocked if that happens.

We saw Luke Shaw acquired for 30 MP in 2014. 40 MP is peanuts for many clubs, 40 MP is the new 15 MP for many clubs.

As for Ramsey it's the last year of his deal, if Ramsey won't sign an extension in next few weeks he must be sold ASAP.
Who is Ramsey replacement?

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Anyone paying 40ms for My Son is not only pound foolish but a dullard with such coin in hand. Over the past 3 seasons, Hector has singlehandedly reduced his stock like a closing down sale at BHS. Who will touch him at the speculated asking price?

Ramsey for 40m makes no sense for all parties involved... in ho besides an EPL outfit would see the need? Of those would be suitors, who would play the blind? Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs? Could he flourish on the continent and if so, where? Does he have the requisite brain to play poor man’s Ogbuefi Iniesta? And then there’s the task of replacing his output, albeit inconsistent. Beloved has fallen so far behind, any career orientated world quality, would need to give much consideration to a move. It would come as no surprise were “big club” release clauses to rear their heads like a throwback to Championship Manager 97/98. Without Ramsey’s departure, the midfield needs help, with it, t’is a case of selling a skateboard and buying a scooter.

The meat and the gristle is, the game has left Beloved behind. The revolutionary rhetoric of the futuristic philosophy, was so ahead of its time, the clock span backwards. 50ms should be enough for Arteta to creep into the top four, failing that, bag a North London derby and a healthy points cushion over Dyche and Neil Warnock. The only question to be answered surely is, how quickly will they voluntarily eliminate themselves from the Europa so all energy can be trained on a Leicester-like run towards the league title? Forfeit the Carabao, Europa, give best in the FA Cup and go hell for leather in the league...less than 45 games, should be few enough to keep the legs fresh.

Keep the 50 in the bank till January, the interest will take it up a notch, then put it all on a sixth round stoppage by Andre Ward...he’s retired. Exactly, the odds are tantalising.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote: I cannot see how this will change now. Arteta it is. It looks like an agreement has not materialised with Allegri. The rumour is Arteta was to be announced today. But he made his own demands, plus Allegri's Agent returned with a revised proposal, all this were looked at s meeting yesterday and decisions were made on the way forward.

Unless Allegri bows to being a part of the structure at Arsenal, for which the key is nowhere close to transfer outlay as many expected, I cannot see him being the next man. I just cannot see him doing it without a transfer war chest of at least £150m. David Ornstein is effectively confirming what I said about the accounts. They are not going to spend any of the new money com8ng in on transfers. It is farking crazy. :oops: :curse:

From all info out there, David Ornstein's tweet is more or less the structure Wenger worked to in the past 3 seasons with the StatDNA team. After the StatDNA team was disbanded, last summer and in January, Wenger worked with Galzidis and Wrigglesworth for transfers. But StatDNA is still there, but it no longer the tool and boffins that recommend players to be brought into the club.

The StatDNA team has now being disbanded and their role reduced considerably, I know this from following and interacting with boffins on social media, and replaced with a transfer recruitment committee, headed by Milistant but comprising of Wrigglesworth, Sanhelli, Galzidis and 3 other scouts and boffins. Galzidis takes their recommendations to the Board.

We hear the new Coach has the veto power, but in practice this hardly happens, cos it is usually a committee decision. The vote is by Committee and the Coach is part of that Committee. We can all see what happens when a Coach complains openly about being ignored on transfer decisions. Just look at Conte at Chelsea. I cannot wait for this to happen at Arsenal. Maybe it is the fear of Conte like issues, they will not get a top high profile coach.

Whatever it is, I support my club, but it must be said I like the vast majority of Gooners expected more, but we also know, there is a lot to work with at Arsenal, so things are far from being hopeless. We have a chance for top 4 if We do the right things this window.

Finally, whilst we gripe about prices, I do not know where it is coming from. I am paying an average of £250 less for my Season ticket. The reason is because of Europa League football, which I hate. Next season, I intend to giveaway my EL tickets to family.
We are told Arsenal have a budget for the summer transfer window of around £50m.

Conceivably...

Ramsey 50 MP
Ospina 5 MP
Chambers 15 MP
Bellerin 40 MP

TG, the fact is the purchases from the last two windows have been funded by sales, including sales we now know Wenger did not want. Arsenal in the last 2 windows sold, Theo, Oxlade, Szczesny, Coquelin, Giroud, Gibbs and Gabriel to raise funds to buy, Aubemeyang, Lacazette and Mavropanos. They made profits from both windows. The club did not make funds available for the transfers.

Alexis was of course a swap deal for Mkhitaryan.

Discount Bellerin. He gave the first hint of Arteta being the Manager when he pledged his loyalty about 3 weeks ago. This was the player who we all were convinced was leaving in the summer because of all the problems he has had during the season suddenly declaring his loyalty making it clear, he goes nowhere. Unless he is forced out, he stays.

Ramsey enters the final year of his contract, we will not get £50m for him. But I'll be surprised if he is here next season.

Chambers or Holding might be sold to raise funds. Both of them will be over £25m each. I heard a rumour Burnley and other suitors, were asked to pay £30m plus add-ons for Holding in the Jan window.

The fact is there is not much room for sales to raise funds. But you miss this rumour. There is a rumour that could happen. Arsenal could sell Lacazette to Athletic Madrid if they sell Greizmann to Barca. That will raise serious money, in fact it will raise all the money of those you mentioned combined.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Conceivably...

Ramsey 50 MP
Ospina 5 MP
Chambers 15 MP
Bellerin 40 MP

TG, the fact is the purchases from the last two windows have been funded by sales, including sales we now know Wenger did not want. Arsenal in the last 2 windows sold, Theo, Oxlade, Szczesny, Coquelin, Giroud, Gibbs and Gabriel to raise funds to buy, Aubemeyang, Lacazette and Mavropanos. They made profits from both windows. The club did not make funds available for the transfers.

Discount Bellerin. He gave the first hint of Arteta being the Manager when he pledged his loyalty about 3 weeks ago. This was the player who we all were convinced was leaving in the summer because of all the problems he has had during the season suddenly declaring his loyalty making it clear, he goes nowhere. Unless he is forced out, he stays.

Ramsey enters the final year of his contract, we will not get £50m for him. But I'll be surprised if he is here next season.

Chambers or Holding might be sold to raise funds. Both of them will be over £25m each. I heard a rumour Burnley and other suitors, were asked to pay £30m plus add-ons for Holding in the Jan window.

The fact is there is not much room for sales to raise funds. But you miss this rumour. There is a rumour that could happen. Arsenal could sell Lacazette to Athletic Madrid if they sell Greizmann to Barca. That will raise serious money, in fact it will raise all the money of those you mentioned combined.
Simply put this a long, painful rebuild job ahead for Arsenal.

Reminiscent of uncertainty at Arsenal pre David Dein in late 70's early 80's.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Seriously sell Holding ke ?

Sell LacaZette ke ? and Have Welbeck and Nketiah backup Auba ? lol.. Make dem sell Welbeck to AM abeg..Well Perez is coming back abi hmmm
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So no one wants Ozil??? :rotf: :rotf: AGAIN :laugh: :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So no one wants Ozil??? :rotf: :rotf: AGAIN :laugh: :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Won't shock if they want to also sell Aubamenyang.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

#WHYNOTMEZUT :mrgreen:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Seriously sell Holding ke ?

Sell LacaZette ke ? and Have Welbeck and Nketiah backup Auba ? lol.. Make dem sell Welbeck to AM abeg..Well Perez is coming back abi hmmm

so they will sell the Emirates stadium then go and be managing to share Tottenham's stadium. Na to sell everyone and everything, as far as Arsenal is concerned.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Conceivably...

Ramsey 50 MP
Ospina 5 MP
Chambers 15 MP
Bellerin 40 MP

Simply put this a long, painful rebuild job ahead for Arsenal.

Reminiscent of uncertainty at Arsenal pre David Dein in late 70's early 80's.
Yep! It us reminiscent of the uncertainty at Arsenal pre David Dein. Many forget, under the Hill-Woods Arsenal was lost. Then Dein came in, bought Peter Hill-wood shares got in the Board and made huge decisions.

He rebuilt the youth program by overseeing the recruitment of scouts and coaches. Arsenal built their rebirth on the players that came from that program, the likes of Michael Thomas, Adams, Merson, Rocky Rocastle, Campbell, Andy Cole, Groves, Paul Davis etc etc.

But Dein's greatest impact was to bring in George Graham and of course Arsene Wenger. Sadly Dein is not around to have an impact on the next Manager.

Liverpool went 8 seasons out of the CL after Benitez was sacked. The Owners targeted 4th placed Arsenal by investing heavily in the squad. They got major money for Suarez but reinvested it in their squad and it has paid off. They also gave the club a soft loan to build a new stand, so the club did not finance the new stand with money that should have gone into the squad.

At Arsenal during the same 3 year period, they spent £55m building, refurbishing and updating, the Academy at Hale End (£25m), building a new medical plus updating the fitness centres, refurbishing and updating London Cooney. We did this with money that should have been used for squad building. We won 3 FA Cups, it could easily have been more if the money was available for the squad.

This summer will be key for Arsenal. It will tell if we are serious on being a top 4 club again.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Seriously sell Holding ke ?

so they will sell the Emirates stadium then go and be managing to share Tottenham's stadium. Na to sell everyone and everything, as far as Arsenal is concerned.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I'd rather sell Welbz and bring back Perez. I think I'd try to keep Holding and maybe even Chambers and have the new coach work with them for at least one season. Same goes for Bellerin and Mustafi. I believe our defensive issues are more systemic, tactical (and maybe mental) than personnel related.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

PV should now wash his hands of afc.......what an insult to a player that has given his all too the club only to be given a pity phone call....classless by the board
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The board will follow Wenger gone also,they think getting Wenger gone will give fans reason to trust them.Criminals that cover for each other.
Players like Welbeck should be gone,Ramsey either he sign new contract or gone.I hope the new manager can get the best of this guys.
Why did Arteta leave Arsenal to City?Why he did not stay and continue his coachingat beloved?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even if Ramsey doesn't sign a new deal. Don't sell him. The goal should be to make the champions league next season. Can still sell him January if we are out of contention. Only sell Ramsey if a replacement is signed first.