The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:Dangote should consider trying again to buy beloved.
Wenger is out and it's time that American owner get out of our club.
Thunder fiya ya nyash!
I know you are misery since your oga been forced out.I hate to say you i told you so.
So you prefers those American gangster run our club?
I will prefer a good black man to take over Arsenal than that yeye American owner.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gooner1 wrote:so Wenger wasn't 'hounded out' by the inter web fans, but the board .....oh lawd:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The question is whether he was pushed or shoved...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Reck-it-Ralph....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Sorry not buying AW chose to walk on own accord narrative. Just yesterday AW was dismissive of a half empty Emirates.

Clear board waited as long as they could for AW toss in the towel, he refused & they finally said enough, that either he announces he is gone now or they sack him.
AW comments today prove my initial assumption was indeed accurate.....
Be it the decision or the timing of the decision, one thing is clear. My feeling about it not being an amicable parting of ways is correct. I have this feeling Wenger will deliver a bomb at each press conference and by the time he leaves, there will be a horrible mess to clean up.

I actually believe Wenger should have been sacked and asked to leave because this state of affairs is not healthy. Like with the fan base, the divisions are getting deeper and nastier, I cannot help but feel one or 2 rumours coming out of the club are true.

We have heard of a rift between Wenger and certain Board members since around this time last. At least we now know those stories were true.

But everyone seems to have missed the real story. Wenger confirmed he will be working next season, but for the first time, he has not ruled out not working for another club in the EPL. He normally says he will not work for another club in England. This time he did not and has not since the announcement.

Also, Wenger comments about 2 to 3 additions just adds pressure on the next man coming. But what everyone who has heard a bit of rumour knows is not all of the players will be there when he is gone.

If this Board had any sense, they go get Rafa Benitez right now. I have said it before, I will say it again. They need a man of his stature to hold this thing together.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Simeone's press conference today was a real eye opener. I was really impressed with his humility. His respect for Wenger is deep and sincere. All press conference, he called him Mister Wenger.

Fantastic.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Who cares? Taa giri nwanyo gbafuo. okpo!!! We no wan hear ya noise again.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

So you just disproved your own nasty Fables by sourcing Ornstein? Ok :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bushman :taunt: :tic:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Be it the decision or the timing of the decision, one thing is clear. My feeling about it not being an amicable parting of ways is correct. I have this feeling Wenger will deliver a bomb at each press conference and by the time he leaves, there will be a horrible mess to clean up.

I actually believe Wenger should have been sacked and asked to leave because this state of affairs is not healthy. Like with the fan base, the divisions are getting deeper and nastier, I cannot help but feel one or 2 rumours coming out of the club are true
One minute you are spouting these Fables next minute it's "all is well " via Ornstein :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi which one is it with you sef :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:

I actually believe Wenger should have been sacked and asked to leave because this state of affairs is not healthy. Like with the fan base, the divisions are getting deeper and nastier, I cannot help but feel one or 2 rumours coming out of the club are true
One minute you are spouting these Fables next minute it's "all is well " via Ornstein :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Kaji, why you wan start trouble ... no provoke Waffi ohhh ... my hand no dey this wan :taunt: :taunt: <anikulapo quickly walks away > :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Anyone who watched 35yr old Ribery put on a clinic(yes they lost the 1st half) vs Real Madrid gotta wonder how much a bonafide winger or 2 could have helped us this past few seasons.
Go count & add the no. of times both teams passed back to the GK & you probably discover that it's less than the no. of times we pass back.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

anikulapo wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Comprehension deficit. :taunt: :taunt: Go and support Real Madrid. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There is nothing I have written, (which BTW is my opinion, and can be wrong) that has been proven wrong by BBC David.

BBC David tweeted about this to clarify the situation the day of the announcement and I have been aware of this. I also remember Gab Marcotti getting his backside handed to him by Arsenal supporters cos he wrote Wenger was forced into the decision and BBC David tweeted contradicting him.

So I am fully aware, but it does not stop me forming my opinion. It has also not stopped rumours. I have always stuck to my position which is the same as BBC David. But in view of what is milling at the club, the whole thing has been handled wrongly and is a mess. At least the players look focused and want to win the Europa League. I really hope we do cos we need it for a decent send off for the man.

If Arsenal lose badly tomorrow, will Wenger stay till the end? I doubt it.

David Ornstein merely confirms what I have always said here and now believe. Wenger made his decision to go at the end of the season. I have given the reasons why I think he did. I think he did what he thought best for the club.

I do not believe the decision by the club to make the announcement is amicable. If it was, Wenger would have appeared in the press conference with Galzidis on the day of the announcement. I also believe, it is not the right decision to announce it when they did.

But it does not stop me giving my opinion like any Arsenal supporter.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Told you to stay out of my business but you are not learning. The more I ignore, the more you get emboldened. You are talking liberty for license. I wouldn't if I were you.
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Waffiman wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Told you to stay out of my business but you are not learning. The more I ignore, the more you get emboldened. You are talking liberty for license. I wouldn't if I are you.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

“You do not give 22 years of your life for something, go away and want things to collapse. Maybe when you have a big ego at 40, you think the world cannot live without you. At my age you understand the world continues and you wish that it continues better” - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

“When some people are unhappy it is not always a majority, but they get the attention and they look like a majority,” - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Told you to stay out of my business but you are not learning. The more I ignore, the more you get emboldened. You are talking liberty for license. I wouldn't if I were you.
See me see trouble?Did i say anything to you?I respond to Uncle Aniks not you and if you want to start trouble bring it.I laugh about what he said and this is a public forum ,i did not say anything to you but if you want to start attacking me then bring it and trust me i will not let you get away with insults.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Kaji, why you wan start trouble ... no provoke Waffi ohhh ... my hand no dey this wan :taunt: :taunt: <anikulapo quickly walks away > :rotf: :rotf:
Honestly did i say anything to him?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Gunzilla wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Told you to stay out of my business but you are not learning. The more I ignore, the more you get emboldened. You are talking liberty for license. I wouldn't if I are you.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Can we talk just a tad about the game we are playing TODAY??

Should we play a back three or four? Should Maitland-Niles
play ahead of Wilshere in midfield? Should we play two strikers
in Welbeck and Lacazette?

Oya, make tuna leave Wenger alone.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]