Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353 ... 494  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53160
Location: USA
Where is our Lil Cowardly Poodle? Still guarding his bankrupt bakery :lol: :lol:

What a Loser :lol:

Typical Empty Vessel :rotf:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
anikulapo wrote:
I seriously wonder what Krystal Bielik has done to Wenger? He apparently will walk on a free despite never playing badly for the team in the few opportunities he has been given . He is a much better defender than either Callumity or Holding plus more technically gifted and confident in his touches yet we are willing to let him walk for nothing ? This club nah wa sha :curse:

If you want to insult the club because of a player, at least call him by his correct name.....HINT * it's not Krystal :lol:

But your point is solid, each time Bielik played, he looked solid whether in midfield or in the center of defense. The common refrain with youth football is it doesn't necessarily translate but he played cup games and looked massive. He's out on loan, the best hope is that he gains something from that loan. I had him pegged ahead of AMN for the defensive roles i.e. defense and DM but AMN has stolen the show so the fact is unless we're watching them everyday, it's hard to tell who is where in terms of development.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53160
Location: USA
anikulapo wrote:
Where is our Lil Cowardly Poodle? Still guarding his bankrupt bakery :lol: :lol:

What a Loser :lol:

Typical Empty Vessel :rotf:



Mmonkey big mouth empty vessel ... you still hiding in ya kennel loser :woot: :taunt:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16421
Location: Super Eagles Homeland

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53160
Location: USA
Enugu II wrote:



Nah only Ozil can do that :roll:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
anikulapo wrote:
Enugu II wrote:



Nah only Ozil can do that :roll:



Why in the world would only Ozil be able to do that?

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28246
I like AW, and think he is one of the true greats in football, but Arsenal has lost its way. There is little or no connection between the transfers and the philosophy on the field of play.

The signing of Ozil appeared to herald a new approach, but the club has failed to surround him with the right players and a defined approach, so much that it appears from hindsight, Arsenal simply stumbled on good fortune.

And, the same appears to be happening with Auba and Mikhi.

The product is a badly unbalanced squad, with no clear philosophical direction...

That was a terrible game against Spurs at Wembley. Yes, LFC fared worse at same venue, but every sign pointed to a bad day at the office.

The Arsenal case is much worse than a one off....

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53160
Location: USA
Quote:
That was a terrible game against Spurs at Wembley. Yes, LFC fared worse at same venue, but every sign pointed to a bad day at the office.



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cop Out Queen :rotf:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28582
@Amaf, in a more advanced station, Grannut will be able to, not only get stuck in, but put his foot in and when necessary, leave it there.

Agreed, pace comes at an unaffordable premium and thus the secret weaponry then becomes the slow, lethargic plod towards the oppositon area, slow enough to feature Emeka Ike in a Nollywood flashback. Slow enough to onside and late with the challenge. How footed? Two please. Studs? Enough. Colour? Red and a decent all in thereafter. Wilshere goes in, El Neny goes in. Two good men, giving best. The league is gone and thus there's only one title left to play for. Derby defeat, nothing at the whistle, nothing in the tunnel. That's the real embarassment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 8518
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Enugu II wrote:


:clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 7514
Please explain what you mean when you say that Arsenal has failed to surround him with the right players. Isn't Aubameyang one of the fastest players in the league? Isn't Lacazette one of the best scorers in Europe? Aren't Wilshere and Mikha some of the best passers in the game?
What types of players does Ozil need around him? Giroud wasn't good enough. Sanchez wasn't good enough. Walcott wasn't good enough. Welbeck is not good enough and Oxlade were not good enough.
What exactly does he need? Ronaldo? Messi? Iniesta?
Or is it possible that he is the wrong type of players to build a team around?
Bepanda
txj wrote:
I like AW, and think he is one of the true greats in football, but Arsenal has lost its way. There is little or no connection between the transfers and the philosophy on the field of play.
The signing of Ozil appeared to herald a new approach, but the club has failed to surround him with the right players and a defined approach, so much that it appears from hindsight, Arsenal simply stumbled on good fortune.
And, the same appears to be happening with Auba and Mikhi.
The product is a badly unbalanced squad, with no clear philosophical direction...
That was a terrible game against Spurs at Wembley. Yes, LFC fared worse at same venue, but every sign pointed to a bad day at the office.
The Arsenal case is much worse than a one off....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 7514
This is a $350k/week pass. Too bad, Iwobi doesn't have a good agent. I believe Iwobi is still on $30k/week.
Enugu II wrote:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 7514
What you describe here is the primary role of a DM. Dier also plays in central defense for Spurs.
During the press conference, Wenger lamented the goal chance missed by Laca at the end of the game. I don't remember him actually mentioning the complete lack of coverage, which had Spurs strikers/midfielders open in the box 4-5 times. Harry Kane alone had 3 clear shots at the goal.
Wenger is only worried about how many chances his team creates. He is not worried about the defensive behavior of his team. This should really tell you everything you need to know about this team.
Arsenal will NEVER improve defensively, as long as Wenger coaches. This is a reality you learn to live with.
Place 6 in the EPL is proof that this approach is not working.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
Spurs 1 vs Gooners 0 - tactics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okD4djxcQhg

There's been a lot of to & fro on Ozil, Henrikh etc - their non-impact on the game. I'll tell y'all it won't be much different if ManC
gave the defensive responsibility of the opposing FBs to Silva & KDB. The film above will show Spurs FBs felt comfortable camping in our
half cos they weren't scared of any of our wides's pace....Their coach had industrous players occupy our FBs.
That's an old trick - go back to Ranieri's Chelsea win over us in the CL longtime ago - he'd AC accupied.....i keep saying it, at the highest levels
we need outballs against pressing teams(TW & Ox's pace offensively still not replaced) - it will expands the pitch for our midfielders & spoil Auba with space to spare
The film also points out the importance of Dier - who can switch from DM to central defense at anytime especially when their FBs are on the attack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28246
I'm talking about buying with a strategic intent. The squad is badly unbalanced. You have not replaced Santi. Kolasiniac is not an Arsenal type wing-back. Mustafi is a good back-up to have, but a back up...Wilshere is damaged goods and was never the smartes player anyways...

If Lacazette was such a wonderful buy, why did you need to spend another 50mil on Auba? Because he is a back-up striker, much like Giroud.

But more important question is: HOW DO ALL THESE PLAYERS FIT INTO THE STRATEGIC (TACTICAL) DIRECTION OF THE CLUB?

Some of them are ball players with superb technique, like Sanchez, others are carpenters like Wellbeck...What is the rationale for El Neny? And Coq before him....

You are just buying players, but the connection to a strategic intent is lacking.

It was there when AW brought Viera and Petit alongside him; or Wiltord to cut in from wide; or Kanu besides Bergkamp....



bepanda wrote:
Please explain what you mean when you say that Arsenal has failed to surround him with the right players. Isn't Aubameyang one of the fastest players in the league? Isn't Lacazette one of the best scorers in Europe? Aren't Wilshere and Mikha some of the best passers in the game?
What types of players does Ozil need around him? Giroud wasn't good enough. Sanchez wasn't good enough. Walcott wasn't good enough. Welbeck is not good enough and Oxlade were not good enough.
What exactly does he need? Ronaldo? Messi? Iniesta?
Or is it possible that he is the wrong type of players to build a team around?
Bepanda
txj wrote:
I like AW, and think he is one of the true greats in football, but Arsenal has lost its way. There is little or no connection between the transfers and the philosophy on the field of play.
The signing of Ozil appeared to herald a new approach, but the club has failed to surround him with the right players and a defined approach, so much that it appears from hindsight, Arsenal simply stumbled on good fortune.
And, the same appears to be happening with Auba and Mikhi.
The product is a badly unbalanced squad, with no clear philosophical direction...
That was a terrible game against Spurs at Wembley. Yes, LFC fared worse at same venue, but every sign pointed to a bad day at the office.
The Arsenal case is much worse than a one off....

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9673
Location: Indiana
bepanda wrote:
Please explain what you mean when you say that Arsenal has failed to surround him with the right players. Isn't Aubameyang one of the fastest players in the league? Isn't Lacazette one of the best scorers in Europe? Aren't Wilshere and Mikha some of the best passers in the game?
What types of players does Ozil need around him? Giroud wasn't good enough. Sanchez wasn't good enough. Walcott wasn't good enough. Welbeck is not good enough and Oxlade were not good enough.
What exactly does he need? Ronaldo? Messi? Iniesta?

Or is it possible that he is the wrong type of players to build a team around?
Bepanda
txj wrote:
I like AW, and think he is one of the true greats in football, but Arsenal has lost its way. There is little or no connection between the transfers and the philosophy on the field of play.
The signing of Ozil appeared to herald a new approach, but the club has failed to surround him with the right players and a defined approach, so much that it appears from hindsight, Arsenal simply stumbled on good fortune.
And, the same appears to be happening with Auba and Mikhi.
The product is a badly unbalanced squad, with no clear philosophical direction...
That was a terrible game against Spurs at Wembley. Yes, LFC fared worse at same venue, but every sign pointed to a bad day at the office.
The Arsenal case is much worse than a one off....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16154
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
The loss to Tottenham, however painful is not the reason we are so far behind. It is the dropped points against Bournemouth, West Brom, Watford, Stoke, Swansea etc that has killed us off. And a good number of these points were dropped from winning positions.

I agree the balance is not right, funny enough the last transfer window is a positive one one the offensive end. What we need is a positive summer on the defensive and midfield side of things to turn things around. Fairly obvious to me that we need a new GK, 2 CB’s (Mustafi will leave this summer), a right back and a DM. Arsenal have fantastic players but don’t have the defensive platform for them to play well especially away from home, it is a bit like Man Shitty last season...except that we are not scoring goals :curse:

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53160
Location: USA
Skylolo wrote:
The loss to Tottenham, however painful is not the reason we are so far behind. It is the dropped points against Bournemouth, West Brom, Watford, Stoke, Swansea etc that has killed us off. And a good number of these points were dropped from winning positions.

I agree the balance is not right, funny enough the last transfer window is a positive one one the offensive end. What we need is a positive summer on the defensive and midfield side of things to turn things around. Fairly obvious to me that we need a new GK, 2 CB’s (Mustafi will leave this summer), a right back and a DM. Arsenal have fantastic players but don’t have the defensive platform for them to play well especially away from home, it is a bit like Man Shitty last season...except that we are not scoring goals :curse:



What a slow learner smh

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16154
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
The loss to Tottenham, however painful is not the reason we are so far behind. It is the dropped points against Bournemouth, West Brom, Watford, Stoke, Swansea etc that has killed us off. And a good number of these points were dropped from winning positions.

I agree the balance is not right, funny enough the last transfer window is a positive one one the offensive end. What we need is a positive summer on the defensive and midfield side of things to turn things around. Fairly obvious to me that we need a new GK, 2 CB’s (Mustafi will leave this summer), a right back and a DM. Arsenal have fantastic players but don’t have the defensive platform for them to play well especially away from home, it is a bit like Man Shitty last season...except that we are not scoring goals :curse:



What a slow learner smh


Better than some who have not learnt anything.. :laugh: :laugh:

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 4667
Skylolo wrote:
The loss to Tottenham, however painful is not the reason we are so far behind. It is the dropped points against Bournemouth, West Brom, Watford, Stoke, Swansea etc that has killed us off. And a good number of these points were dropped from winning positions.

I agree the balance is not right, funny enough the last transfer window is a positive one one the offensive end. What we need is a positive summer on the defensive and midfield side of things to turn things around. Fairly obvious to me that we need a new GK, 2 CB’s (Mustafi will leave this summer), a right back and a DM. Arsenal have fantastic players but don’t have the defensive platform for them to play well especially away from home, it is a bit like Man Shitty last season...except that we are not scoring goals :curse:


That guy got to leave or at most be a bench player. He his Arsenal number one problem in defense with Bellerin.

_________________
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16154
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
ojafranpa wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
The loss to Tottenham, however painful is not the reason we are so far behind. It is the dropped points against Bournemouth, West Brom, Watford, Stoke, Swansea etc that has killed us off. And a good number of these points were dropped from winning positions.

I agree the balance is not right, funny enough the last transfer window is a positive one one the offensive end. What we need is a positive summer on the defensive and midfield side of things to turn things around. Fairly obvious to me that we need a new GK, 2 CB’s (Mustafi will leave this summer), a right back and a DM. Arsenal have fantastic players but don’t have the defensive platform for them to play well especially away from home, it is a bit like Man Shitty last season...except that we are not scoring goals :curse:


That guy got to leave or at most be a bench player. He his Arsenal number one problem in defense with Bellerin.


I agree.....

And we have a declining Arsenal legend Koscielny, one of my fav players in recent years

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53160
Location: USA
Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
The loss to Tottenham, however painful is not the reason we are so far behind. It is the dropped points against Bournemouth, West Brom, Watford, Stoke, Swansea etc that has killed us off. And a good number of these points were dropped from winning positions.

I agree the balance is not right, funny enough the last transfer window is a positive one one the offensive end. What we need is a positive summer on the defensive and midfield side of things to turn things around. Fairly obvious to me that we need a new GK, 2 CB’s (Mustafi will leave this summer), a right back and a DM. Arsenal have fantastic players but don’t have the defensive platform for them to play well especially away from home, it is a bit like Man Shitty last season...except that we are not scoring goals :curse:



What a slow learner smh


Better than some who have not learnt anything.. :laugh: :laugh:



Exactly, thanks for diagnosing and identifying the big problem afflicting you and your sad mob of blind mice :lol: :lol:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 pm
Posts: 11602
anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Arsenal are 27 points behind Mancity, despite spending over £200 million on players ......shocking



AHEM RT, this ya calculations get K-leg like Azuka’s equations so Biko clarify ya claims nah :taunt: :taunt: :lol: ... if it’s 200million make we do audit nah :woot:


You no get brain, do ya calculation

Despite an investment on Laca (£55m) Aubu (£58), Perez(£17), Xhaxa (£35m) and Mustafi (£35M) , we are 27 points Mancity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53160
Location: USA
realtrouble wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Arsenal are 27 points behind Mancity, despite spending over £200 million on players ......shocking



AHEM RT, this ya calculations get K-leg like Azuka’s equations so Biko clarify ya claims nah :taunt: :taunt: :lol: ... if it’s 200million make we do audit nah :woot:


You no get brain, do ya calculation

Despite an investment on Laca (£55m) Aubu (£58), Perez(£17), Xhaxa (£35m) and Mustafi (£35M) , we are 27 points Mancity.



Ahahahahahahahah :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see criminal Olodo with Ogboju ole .... Mugu Arsenal actually made a transfer profit:THIS YEAR!!!!!

Foolish olodo, Xhaka, Perez and Mustafi were not bought this season .... You, like Waffi, are entitled to ya opinions but not your own set of fables masquerading as FACTS :mrgreen:


OLODO here is FREE EDUCATION :mrgreen:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statist ... enausgaben

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353 ... 494  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, Google [Bot], maceo4 and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group