The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Lee is not wrong.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Lee is not wrong.
Oh no he did not!! :shock: :shock: He better watch out for Waffi and his gang. Is Dixon a drunk too? Or fought with Wenger in the past? :twisted: :twisted:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Nkume wrote:We will meet City again, and the outcome will be different.
*SIGH***I guess the delusion continues. Bros. please seek help!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

SylverEagles wrote:
Oh no he did not!! :shock: :shock: He better watch out for Waffi and his gang. Is Dixon a drunk too? Or fought with Wenger in the past? :twisted: :twisted:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

SylverEagles wrote:
No it is people that say Arsenal are trash and yet expect them to sweep city apart that need help. Our team is very good but limited. I accept this. I will support my team and our players. I still expect us to win things as we have done in the last 4 years. It is people cursing arsenal and expecting real madrid of early 2017 that are crazy.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

1st it was Gearge Graham, now Lee. AW makes it difficult to be backed - dude keeps messing up & to get so petty & personal with Sterling is a
disgrace.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

realtrouble wrote:
And this season, de Bruyne has delivered when it matters most. City have played three top six sides this season — Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal. De Bruyne, in those three games, has scored two goals and assisted two goals, being named ‘Man of the Match’, for what it’s worth, in all three fixtures
Here's a quote from that article above:
In games against the traditional top six away from home, Arsene Wenger has increasingly set up in a defensive manner, demanding that his players relinquish possession, sit deep, and protect their shape and structure without the ball. That is not Ozil’s strength. So his going missing in these sort of games is not necessarily his fault; the style that he plays with, what he offers the team, the type of player that he is, does not suit that the strategy that Wenger tends to employ.
I guess you turn a blind eye to that quote. And honestly i am tired of this Ozil KDB argument. Here we have 2 players playing in different position in teams differently setup. While KDB plays in his natural position and Ozil is sent out right, people close their eyes to that basic fact. Above all, KDB plays within a platform provided by Fernadinho where as Ozil isn't afforded that luxury.

Guys chill, Russia is around the corner and let's pray Belgium meets Germany along the way. That will be a better match to analyze the two players. Let's see how KDB compares to Ozil then since both will be played in their natural positions and given the same platform to perform too.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Manure, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs must also be un-fixable since they are all significantly adrift of Man City right now after starting with the same objectives as Arsenal, which is to win the league...and most of those teams have thrown more money at it this season.

Yeye old players and their delusions of grandeur, need to get real.. :roll:
To God be the glory
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

this is true ..however we as fans expect that when he is played out of position as a "well paid consummate professional " he plays the "out of position excellently" and the issue with most of us is that he has not done that.

Heck Danny was bought as a striker but has only ever played in the wing position and while the guy cant score to save his life no one ..i repeat no one will ever complain about his effort !!

Oh by the way Walcott is not in the same boat o ..that one na proper Akpa !!

In games against the traditional top six away from home, Arsene Wenger has increasingly set up in a defensive manner, demanding that his players relinquish possession, sit deep, and protect their shape and structure without the ball. That is not Ozil’s strength. So his going missing in these sort of games is not necessarily his fault; the style that he plays with, what he offers the team, the type of player that he is, does not suit that the strategy that Wenger tends to employ.
I guess you turn a blind eye to that quote. And honestly i am tired of this Ozil KDB argument. Here we have 2 players playing in different position in teams differently setup. While KDB plays in his natural position and Ozil is sent out right, people close their eyes to that basic fact. Above all, KDB plays within a platform provided by Fernadinho where as Ozil isn't afforded that luxury.

Guys chill, Russia is around the corner and let's pray Belgium meets Germany along the way. That will be a better match to analyze the two players. Let's see how KDB compares to Ozil then since both will be played in their natural positions and given the same platform to perform too.[/quote]
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
No it is people that say Arsenal are trash and yet expect them to sweep city apart that need help. Our team is very good but limited. I accept this. I will support my team and our players. I still expect us to win things as we have done in the last 4 years. It is people cursing arsenal and expecting real madrid of early 2017 that are crazy.
so u played college football or college soccer football?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

season started end of august.....arsenal out of the title race by the end of oct.......progress
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Gooner1 wrote:season started end of august.....arsenal out of the title race by the end of oct.......progress
Please tell us the teams that are in the title race this season.
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Skylolo wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:season started end of august.....arsenal out of the title race by the end of oct.......progress

We're probably the most rested of the top 6 - yet we're struggling - huge problem. 8/9 starters on Sunday for ManC also started against Napoli - what are our targets?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ITs clearly a waste of time debating without the likes of Azuka and Skylolo .... they are seriously lost or have become willingly delusional ... so make una leave them in dia bliss :taunt:

Trump Supporters mentality in full effect :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

tolahs wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

We're probably the most rested of the top 6 - yet we're struggling - huge problem. 8/9 starters on Sunday for ManC also started against Napoli - what are our targets?
We did not start well, the uncertainty around likes of Sanchez, Ozil and Oxlade did not help at the start of the season. We have now recovered from that looking at the league table.

We have played the most difficult fixtures of the top teams this season: Liverpool (Away), Chelsea (Away), Citeh (Away). Yes we can do better but let us not forget the atrocities away refs have committed against us so far this season. Penalties not given at Stoke, Lacazette goal, outright dive at Watford, 2 players offside at Citeh.

Our target is to finish as high up as we can, unfortunately I do not think we can win the league because the team is not strong enough. I personally do not believe 2nd place is beyond this team, especially if something can be added to this team in January. I don't look at Chelsea, Manure, Spurs and Liverpool and think they will be better than us over 38 games.

Yes we are the best rested of the top 6, however we may not Cash in on that advantage until much later in the season. There is a long way to go.... Some good things are happening at Arsenal, look for example how our B team have qualified for the next stage of the Europa league, unearthing some very good young players who can add some depth to the team. Look at the return of Jack Wilshere, Cazorla may return next year....it is not easy for us as it is for Man City and Chelsea, fans should stop complaining and get behind the team.
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

We did not start well, the uncertainty around likes of Sanchez, Ozil and Oxlade did not help at the start of the season. We have now recovered from that looking at the league table.

We have played the most difficult fixtures of the top teams this season: Liverpool (Away), Chelsea (Away), Citeh (Away). Yes we can do better but let us not forget the atrocities away refs have committed against us so far this season. Penalties not given at Stoke, Lacazette goal, outright dive at Watford, 2 players offside at Citeh.

Our target is to finish as high up as we can, unfortunately I do not think we can win the league because the team is not strong enough. I personally do not believe 2nd place is beyond this team, especially if something can be added to this team in January. I don't look at Chelsea, Manure, Spurs and Liverpool and think they will be better than us over 38 games.

Yes we are the best rested of the top 6, however we may not Cash in on that advantage until much later in the season. There is a long way to go.... Some good things are happening at Arsenal, look for example how our B team have qualified for the next stage of the Europa league, unearthing some very good young players who can add some depth to the team. Look at the return of Jack Wilshere, Cazorla may return next year....it is not easy for us as it is for Man City and Chelsea, fans should stop complaining and get behind the team.
@Ski with all due respect who do you blame for this Arsenal not start well in the beginning of the season?
Why is the team not strong enough to compete consider we have the most stable manager with many years at the club and freedom to make his team strong?
Thanks
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Chelsea team that won last year was not deep as our current team but take advantage of resting not playing in CL.
Leicester same and yet Arsenal will not take advantage of missing CL to make a statement at EPL crown.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

kajifu wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

@Ski with all due respect who do you blame for this Arsenal not start well in the beginning of the season?
Why is the team not strong enough to compete consider we have the most stable manager with many years at the club and freedom to make his team strong?
Thanks
This is the problem with many of you, it is not about blame! Who is to blame for Liverpool not winning the league for 20+ years and Spurs for over 50 years? You try your best and leave the rest!

Surely you know that stability and length of service are not the only factors that makes a club strong.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

I don't necessarily agree with the position argument however he leads the league in chances created, is that not enough? The issue most fans seem to have with Ozil is this perceived lack of effort. England is the wrong place for the German, the league where effort is valued the most.

When you call him 'well paid', you're joking around obviously...his mates at other clubs earn far more. Have you not seen that he and Alexis want to leave and go earn more? :lol:
Siddonlook11 wrote:this is true ..however we as fans expect that when he is played out of position as a "well paid consummate professional " he plays the "out of position excellently" and the issue with most of us is that he has not done that.

Heck Danny was bought as a striker but has only ever played in the wing position and while the guy cant score to save his life no one ..i repeat no one will ever complain about his effort !!

Guys chill, Russia is around the corner and let's pray Belgium meets Germany along the way. That will be a better match to analyze the two players. Let's see how KDB compares to Ozil then since both will be played in their natural positions and given the same platform to perform too.
[/quote]
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

TBH, i find it difficult to believe you're serious - one has to wonder where your ceiling is? at what point do you go i've had enough of this cos right now, intentionally or not you've become an enabler of mediocrity. Not a PR officer(@arsenal) could get away with the defense you're putting up.
We're either fans of a club willing & able to compete for trophies or involuntary members of a cult.
When i watch ManC & Spurs(pains me) - i see well coached teams - to be Ray Charles to that is embracing delusion(i am sorry).
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Chelsea team that won last year was not deep as our current team but take advantage of resting not playing in CL.
Leicester same and yet Arsenal will not take advantage of missing CL to make a statement at EPL crown.
Chelsea used the time to put in productive coaching sessions - made Moses an awesome wingback, took Hazard away from the wings so his tracking back issues disappeared - Pedro who'd been begging Valencia to come get him the previous season when Chelsea were a mess was reborn.
It's blindingly obvious that AW wouldn't delegate duties to assistants & he's way past his sell by date. Our problems have been there for all to see forever - if you go back to our CL tie vs ManU - we'd Kolo & co in defense - they'd CR on offense - our big weakness was getting caught on counters coming off corners - we still have that problem - very basic things going unfixed still - you know I've had it
when over the last month inspite of his team's below par performance in La Liga i want Diego Simeone as our next gaffer with Spanish speakers like Pires & Santi(if he can't play anymore) on his staff.
We need a hardcore defensive philosophy.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

platinum wrote:I don't necessarily agree with the position argument however he leads the league in chances created, is that not enough? The issue most fans seem to have with Ozil is this perceived lack of effort. England is the wrong place for the German, the league where effort is valued the most.

When you call him 'well paid', you're joking around obviously...his mates at other clubs earn far more. Have you not seen that he and Alexis want to leave and go earn more? :lol:
Siddonlook11 wrote:this is true ..however we as fans expect that when he is played out of position as a "well paid consummate professional " he plays the "out of position excellently" and the issue with most of us is that he has not done that.

[/quote]

I watched ManC away to Napoli - KDB was subbed late & was tired - on sunday he logged more km than most of our team - it's a serious problem - The way he went for the 1st goal was putting a marker on the pitch - not Ozil or any of our guys played like they wanted it enough. I've seen Ozil play with hustle & hunger for Germany.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

I watched ManC away to Napoli - KDB was subbed late & was tired - on sunday he logged more km than most of our team - it's a serious problem - The way he went for the 1st goal was putting a marker on the pitch - not Ozil or any of our guys played like they wanted it enough. I've seen Ozil play with hustle & hunger for Germany.
[/quote]

And i guess as usual the bold part is Ozil's fault too.
Last edited by azuka on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.