The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

Wait isn't that Xhacrap??? :rotf: :rotf:
No, Xhaka is not.
I do not understand this talk about an 'Enforcer'. I read so much about it here and wonder if we are talking the same thing. First let's try to deal with the definition. Do you guys mean a Hard Man, a midfielder who make tough tackles and gives an attitude to their team. The type who lead their team by looking to intimidate the other team. The type with desire and fight that get them into trouble, with yellow and even red cards.

Look! I am not naive, this is an important role for all teams. I know every team team needs players who demands the best from everyone on the field, every team needs that type of players that will seek retribution if a team mate receives harsh treatment from the other team. That leader or leaders are very vocal players that demands the best from team mates and if anyone is not giving their best, they will be sure to let them know it. This is an important role for all teams and you needs players like this. The myth is, this player has to play midfield or you only need one of them in the team. I know from my years of watching Arsenal and all top teams, that this sort of players were all over the pitch and it was not only one of them. Arsenal had hard men all over the pitch and these hard men could play. The thing about them also, is when you kicked Henry or Pires, you knew there was going to be retribution but you could never guess who it was that was going to dish it out. This helped the team and the Refs could not single out a players most of the time. In the ManU team, one of the nastiest players was Giggs, he gave his team mates the heardest of times and every time I watched, I was always impressed by his leadership skills. But you never hear this mentioned about Giggs, on the opposite is Vieira. The nonsense of Vieira being called an enforcer. Vieira physical side often gave this notion of a hard man whose technical skills were grossly under rated. Vieira's technical abilities far out weighted his physical abilities and Wenger has always concentrated on footballers before hard men.

Arsenal's problem in MF has nothing to do with a so called enforcer IMHO. Our problem is all about that player who can play out of the press, that player that can break the lines from central midfield, not some physical enforcer. For me, the difference between an ordinary team and a good one, are those with players that can turn defensive situations into attacking ones in 2 to 3 seconds. That is what we lack, not some so called enforcers. An analysis of last season showed how the game has changed in this country. For the first time, more goals were scored in transition situations than fro set piece situations. Indeed, transition situations, led to the most set piece situations. So all this enforcer talk, IMHO is way off the mark. Our problem in the last two seasons have started when we lost Santi - he is no enforcer. Losing him meant we lost the man who could do everything and was our technical controller in that MF. With him absent, teams used a new approach with their pressing. They pressed us with numbers, forced us to pass back to the Goalie who hoofed the ball. When we tried to force the issue, we gave the ball away or were pressed into errors. During the course of a game, this happened too many times. Another way we get out of defence is to use wide positions, with MF lacking Santi, it was all too predictable and slow. We we got the ball to the wide man, he was so often with his back to goal and could not take the ball on the half turn etc. etc.

Xhaka's was used to staying in a fixed zone and dictating play in a very rigid defensive system. Last season, he had to adapt to a fluid system with the Boss asking him to be more box to box. He does not have the dexterity or nimble feet of Santi, so when pressed, he could not dribble out of tight situations like Santi, consequently he was not so effective with those defensive splitting passes that broke the lines taking out 2 to 3 defenders. Xhaka was targeted cos he was new to the league and was adapting his game and mentality. He struggled when he first lost Santi as a partner especially, cos Santi took attention away from him and we retained the ball far better. Go watch the Watford at Vicarage Rd. Xhaka showed great mentality and improved despite playing with different partners until Ramsey was fit and he was able to play with him more in a system change. Perhaps the most important quality we lost was his ability the dribble out of the press. We lost the ability to build quickly from defence, thus giving Ozil and Sanchez the ball early and in space with one on one situations.

Our system change, is often mentioned for how it helped the team defensively because unlike the 4-2-3-1, the 3-4-2-1 we played, gave us that extra man in defense. But, Arsenal extra man made it difficulty for teams to press us with the same kind of success they had with the 4-2-3-1 cos the CDs could pass the ball by stepping into midfield zones. Monreal was especially good with those passes out wide or between the lines to Sanchez or Ozil who will take positions in field whilst the Wide Backs or Full Back offered width. The security of the extra CD who were often nimble and quick. also allowed for Ramsey to break into attacking positions. No sort of enforcer, can bring about such changes in a 4-2-3-1 system, only a ball playing controller like Santi. Lemar if signed can make a difference due to his talent but I prefer him in other positions in the team.

I am concerned Wenger seems to want to gamble again on Santi, even Wilshere another one who is a good option cannot be relied on to be fit. What we need to go get a player like Kovacic. I will take Rabiot, Rafinha and even Imbrula. But I am seriously hoping Wenger does not gamble with the CM position this season. If he really wants to play 4-2-3-1, he needs a player to break the lines.

Finally, I must say, I have noticed Iwobi playing centrally in this position, I saw him play there in the Academy and has the ability to play there. But is he really keen? Does he want to play there? Can Wenger put it in his head that he can be the man? I am watching with keen interest.
Waffi, stop the English.
We are talking of somebody who breaks the opponents play. Arsenal let opponents walk through them. Remember Hazard's goal with Coq falling everywhere. Rem,ember Bayern running rings around Arsenal?
I am talking of a Kante kind of player. Remind me how many red cards he got last season. And yes he scored goals too. Do you remember a certain Giberto?

I am quite sure you know what i am talking about when I say ENFORCER.

Don't mind him. Look at Madrid and see how Casemiro allows Modric and Kroos the freedom to roam and play
Casemiro is a DM, not an enforcer. There is a difference.

According you here, you said Arsenal need a big physical player to dominate in midfield. Kante is not the type of player you have described as an enforcer. The likes of Kondobia you have described do not match what you want.

Like I said, compared to Vieira, Kante is no enforcer. He is more like Gilberto who sat deep in front of the defence. Gilberto was not the midfiekd enforcer in that Arsenal team. Vieira was. Vieira was box to box marauding and menacing. Above all he was a fantastic footballer, technically the best I have seen of his type.An insult to label him an enforcer for it does not do justice to his talent. Vieira won balls up field as well as down field. He always dominated, he is the only player I have seen play midfield on his own and he did this cos of his overall gift as a player.

Besides, I have said it here already. Our problems is down to the loss of Santi, not the need for this limited enforcer BS. We need a player that can break the lines in seconds. A player that beats the press with nimbleness, skill and a pass. Kante is very good at this, but all you hear is tackling rubbish. Kante is good he is a very good all round footballer, not some enforcer rubbish.

Waffi I'm no longer reading your nonsense .... you have lost the plot clearly my good friend :D you are hooked on terms when the general understanding is clear.

We are talking of a dominant ball winning defensive presence who can break up opposing attacks and initiate counters while allowing the back line to mop up and allow our creative players the freedom to focus on what they do best ... make you dey dia dey yarn opaks and keep parsing words :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

tolahs wrote:The optics of a hulk in the center of midfield looking intimidating ain't always the most effective way to go to battle. In the last 20yrs, there's no way you talk DM & ball winning midfielders w/o including Claude Makélélé,Javier Mascherano & N'Golo Kante.
Kante is more mobile than the other 2 & chases the ball - he's a very effective initiator of counterattacks but his like is very rare. At Arsenal with Gilberto, DMs covered that zone in front of the backline but with Flamini's great one season - he was a ball presser with killer stamina. AW now seems to want anyone who lines up there to do the same but we might be better off with a zone protector(Gilberto Style) - Coq was very impressive playing the spot that way until AW demanded that he cover more ground - it's not his game.
In many ways Xhaka's game is like Xabi Alonso & neither of them has the discipline to be ball winners or DMs.. Elneny looks to be headed to Turkey & the annual Cavalho to Arsenal talking point is taken off
One player in the EPL who can break up & ping the ball about is Oriol Romeu - for the life of me, i don't understand why we ain't after him
He is limited. Go and watch Arsenal vs Southampton last season you will see what i am talking about
Last edited by ojafranpa on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

peron33uk wrote:Hmmmm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ly-gesture

Not a good thing for Arsenal to do. They for at least inform the guy before hand.

Sad though, i thought he was never given a chance last season, whenever he came on, he did well. Just not sure why it didn't work out.
So sad. But i think this is happening to players bought by Gazidis StatDNA. Club is trying to get rid of them.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Perez was a negative influence in the dressing room, though his command of the English language was laughable, t'is well known that he often made poorly structured, grammatically incorrect, nonsensically arranged statements in the dressing room that would've upset many had they known what the devil he was saying. Get rid. Lucas Perezdolski. No surprises there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Casemiro is a DM, not an enforcer. There is a difference.

According you here, you said Arsenal need a big physical player to dominate in midfield. Kante is not the type of player you have described as an enforcer. The likes of Kondobia you have described do not match what you want.

Like I said, compared to Vieira, Kante is no enforcer. He is more like Gilberto who sat deep in front of the defence. Gilberto was not the midfiekd enforcer in that Arsenal team. Vieira was. Vieira was box to box marauding and menacing. Above all he was a fantastic footballer, technically the best I have seen of his type.An insult to label him an enforcer for it does not do justice to his talent. Vieira won balls up field as well as down field. He always dominated, he is the only player I have seen play midfield on his own and he did this cos of his overall gift as a player.

Besides, I have said it here already. Our problems is down to the loss of Santi, not the need for this limited enforcer BS. We need a player that can break the lines in seconds. A player that beats the press with nimbleness, skill and a pass. Kante is very good at this, but all you hear is tackling rubbish. Kante is good he is a very good all round footballer, not some enforcer rubbish.

Waffi I'm no longer reading your nonsense .... you have lost the plot clearly my good friend :D you are hooked on terms when the general understanding is clear.

We are talking of a dominant ball winning defensive presence who can break up opposing attacks and initiate counters while allowing the back line to mop up and allow our creative players the freedom to focus on what they do best ... make you dey dia dey yarn opaks and keep parsing words :mrgreen:
you sef dey debate Waffiman? you get power. Waffi agrees 500% with anything Wenger does. Anybody AW signs is perfect, and anyone he doesn't sign is not good enough for us. Anyone he gets rid of deserves to go where the sun doesn't shine :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Waffi can argue with you that your left hand is actually your right hand, and you can NEVER convince him otherwise.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

bouncino wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bouncino wrote:The team needs an enforcer in CM but watch AW focus on offensive players only.

Wait isn't that Xhacrap??? :rotf: :rotf:
No, Xhaka is not.
I do not understand this talk about an 'Enforcer'. I read so much about it here and wonder if we are talking the same thing. First let's try to deal with the definition. Do you guys mean a Hard Man, a midfielder who make tough tackles and gives an attitude to their team. The type who lead their team by looking to intimidate the other team. The type with desire and fight that get them into trouble, with yellow and even red cards.

Look! I am not naive, this is an important role for all teams. I know every team team needs players who demands the best from everyone on the field, every team needs that type of players that will seek retribution if a team mate receives harsh treatment from the other team. That leader or leaders are very vocal players that demands the best from team mates and if anyone is not giving their best, they will be sure to let them know it. This is an important role for all teams and you needs players like this. The myth is, this player has to play midfield or you only need one of them in the team. I know from my years of watching Arsenal and all top teams, that this sort of players were all over the pitch and it was not only one of them. Arsenal had hard men all over the pitch and these hard men could play. The thing about them also, is when you kicked Henry or Pires, you knew there was going to be retribution but you could never guess who it was that was going to dish it out. This helped the team and the Refs could not single out a players most of the time. In the ManU team, one of the nastiest players was Giggs, he gave his team mates the heardest of times and every time I watched, I was always impressed by his leadership skills. But you never hear this mentioned about Giggs, on the opposite is Vieira. The nonsense of Vieira being called an enforcer. Vieira physical side often gave this notion of a hard man whose technical skills were grossly under rated. Vieira's technical abilities far out weighted his physical abilities and Wenger has always concentrated on footballers before hard men.

Arsenal's problem in MF has nothing to do with a so called enforcer IMHO. Our problem is all about that player who can play out of the press, that player that can break the lines from central midfield, not some physical enforcer. For me, the difference between an ordinary team and a good one, are those with players that can turn defensive situations into attacking ones in 2 to 3 seconds. That is what we lack, not some so called enforcers. An analysis of last season showed how the game has changed in this country. For the first time, more goals were scored in transition situations than fro set piece situations. Indeed, transition situations, led to the most set piece situations. So all this enforcer talk, IMHO is way off the mark. Our problem in the last two seasons have started when we lost Santi - he is no enforcer. Losing him meant we lost the man who could do everything and was our technical controller in that MF. With him absent, teams used a new approach with their pressing. They pressed us with numbers, forced us to pass back to the Goalie who hoofed the ball. When we tried to force the issue, we gave the ball away or were pressed into errors. During the course of a game, this happened too many times. Another way we get out of defence is to use wide positions, with MF lacking Santi, it was all too predictable and slow. We we got the ball to the wide man, he was so often with his back to goal and could not take the ball on the half turn etc. etc.

Xhaka's was used to staying in a fixed zone and dictating play in a very rigid defensive system. Last season, he had to adapt to a fluid system with the Boss asking him to be more box to box. He does not have the dexterity or nimble feet of Santi, so when pressed, he could not dribble out of tight situations like Santi, consequently he was not so effective with those defensive splitting passes that broke the lines taking out 2 to 3 defenders. Xhaka was targeted cos he was new to the league and was adapting his game and mentality. He struggled when he first lost Santi as a partner especially, cos Santi took attention away from him and we retained the ball far better. Go watch the Watford at Vicarage Rd. Xhaka showed great mentality and improved despite playing with different partners until Ramsey was fit and he was able to play with him more in a system change. Perhaps the most important quality we lost was his ability the dribble out of the press. We lost the ability to build quickly from defence, thus giving Ozil and Sanchez the ball early and in space with one on one situations.

Our system change, is often mentioned for how it helped the team defensively because unlike the 4-2-3-1, the 3-4-2-1 we played, gave us that extra man in defense. But, Arsenal extra man made it difficulty for teams to press us with the same kind of success they had with the 4-2-3-1 cos the CDs could pass the ball by stepping into midfield zones. Monreal was especially good with those passes out wide or between the lines to Sanchez or Ozil who will take positions in field whilst the Wide Backs or Full Back offered width. The security of the extra CD who were often nimble and quick. also allowed for Ramsey to break into attacking positions. No sort of enforcer, can bring about such changes in a 4-2-3-1 system, only a ball playing controller like Santi. Lemar if signed can make a difference due to his talent but I prefer him in other positions in the team.

I am concerned Wenger seems to want to gamble again on Santi, even Wilshere another one who is a good option cannot be relied on to be fit. What we need to go get a player like Kovacic. I will take Rabiot, Rafinha and even Imbrula. But I am seriously hoping Wenger does not gamble with the CM position this season. If he really wants to play 4-2-3-1, he needs a player to break the lines.

Finally, I must say, I have noticed Iwobi playing centrally in this position, I saw him play there in the Academy and has the ability to play there. But is he really keen? Does he want to play there? Can Wenger put it in his head that he can be the man? I am watching with keen interest.
Waffi, stop the English.
We are talking of somebody who breaks the opponents play. Arsenal let opponents walk through them. Remember Hazard's goal with Coq falling everywhere. Rem,ember Bayern running rings around Arsenal?
I am talking of a Kante kind of player. Remind me how many red cards he got last season. And yes he scored goals too. Do you remember a certain Giberto?

I am quite sure you know what i am talking about when I say ENFORCER.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Is this not what we have been telling you for the past 5 seasons ?? The kind of player that you said Wenger does does play ? Like Vieira,Petit,Gilberto Silva ??

Now its cos of Santi's injury that we haven't won the league !! :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

46 freaking pages..don't you people have anything better to do? The same 3 CE spammer are the same jobless beings spamming our forum...pathetic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ojafranpa wrote:
tolahs wrote:The optics of a hulk in the center of midfield looking intimidating ain't always the most effective way to go to battle. In the last 20yrs, there's no way you talk DM & ball winning midfielders w/o including Claude Makélélé,Javier Mascherano & N'Golo Kante.
Kante is more mobile than the other 2 & chases the ball - he's a very effective initiator of counterattacks but his like is very rare. At Arsenal with Gilberto, DMs covered that zone in front of the backline but with Flamini's great one season - he was a ball presser with killer stamina. AW now seems to want anyone who lines up there to do the same but we might be better off with a zone protector(Gilberto Style) - Coq was very impressive playing the spot that way until AW demanded that he cover more ground - it's not his game.
In many ways Xhaka's game is like Xabi Alonso & neither of them has the discipline to be ball winners or DMs.. Elneny looks to be headed to Turkey & the annual Cavalho to Arsenal talking point is taken off
One player in the EPL who can break up & ping the ball about is Oriol Romeu - for the life of me, i don't understand why we ain't after him
He is limited. Go and watch Arsenal vs Southampton last season you will see what i am talking about
To call Oriol Romeu limited in a discussion about ball winning midfielders is a nonsense(utterly so) - that you use 1(one) match w/o specifics
is beyond ambiguous - by those standards Lukaku's performance for Belgium against Italy last summer & the way Van Dijk had him in his pocket
at home to Everton last season means he should step down from the EPL!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

This Sanchez saga is becoming tiresome and whilst I would love to see him in the squad with Ozil and Lacazette doing their thing, if he is so desperate to leave, it should be to a club outside of England. We dont need the cash anymore and it will cause a fresh wave of angst and dissent if we were to sell him to Man City or Chelsea, for me i am over this issue and just want it resolved.

As for the enforcer, I am not convinced that we need another DM that can tackle and break up plays Kante style and the games where we dropped points last year, I dont think it was straight through the middle that the damage was done. We still need more players this window for sure, however I more concerned on the lack of movement out to be honest.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^What is Granit brimful of Xhaka, if not the multi-million pound man to marshall the midfield? Has he been given enough of a chance to showcase his undoubted pedigree. Then there's El Neny, has he not shown a readiness to be the Ngolo desired?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Coach wrote:^What is Granit brimful of Xhaka, if not the multi-million pound man to marshall the midfield? Has he been given enough of a chance to showcase his undoubted pedigree. Then there's El Neny, has he not shown a readiness to be the Ngolo desired?
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=elneny
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^El Neny is said to have used derogatory Arabic slang in the dressing room, which upset a number of non-Aranic speaking senior squad members who didn't understand what he was saying. #GetRid
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

cchinukw wrote:
Coach wrote:^What is Granit brimful of Xhaka, if not the multi-million pound man to marshall the midfield? Has he been given enough of a chance to showcase his undoubted pedigree. Then there's El Neny, has he not shown a readiness to be the Ngolo desired?
This better not be true.
So AW will stick with losers like Ramsay, Coq, Walcott and sell Elneny and Perez.
Makes me feel the Manager not the players is the problem.
We dey look.

Btw, where is Joel Campbell in all these?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

bouncino wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
This better not be true.
So AW will stick with losers like Ramsay, Coq, Walcott and sell Elneny and Perez.
We dey look.

In your eagerness to find something to criticize Wenger for, you won't have heard that Campbell is injured and out for months. Campbell hasn't done well in his latest loan ventures. Safe to say his Arsenal career is over.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Has anyone heard that Lemar may be close?
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Cally wrote:Has anyone heard that Lemar may be close?
Hmm this Lemar rumour.

Dude has been close since now. The question is will the deal get over the line.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cally wrote:Has anyone heard that Lemar may be close?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bouncino wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
This better not be true.
We dey look.

Campbell ke???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Real Madrid is said to have agreed to £161million Kylian Mbappe transfer with Monaco. No doubt an obscene amount. But there some who will still criticize Wenger for not landing Mbappe.Football's definitely gone mad. Hm! Just saying. :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Thunder wrote:Real Madrid is said to have agreed to £161million Kylian Mbappe transfer with Monaco. No doubt an obscene amount. But there some who will still criticize Wenger for not landing Mbappe.Football's definitely gone mad. Hm! Just saying. :lol: :lol:
Arsene was never interested in Mpappe. Forget the posturing. It is so he can say we tried. I personally did not want an overpriced player.
I am worried this is looking like the normal round. Sign one player early, then monkey around till transfer window closes.
I pray I am wrong
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:Real Madrid is said to have agreed to £161million Kylian Mbappe transfer with Monaco. No doubt an obscene amount. But there some who will still criticize Wenger for not landing Mbappe.Football's definitely gone mad. Hm! Just saying. :lol: :lol:

He had the chance to get him before he blew up and could have left him at monaco on loan but of course he dithered and lost him.

I mean do we need to recount his "almost signed" youngsters who became superstars?

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:
peron33uk wrote:Hmmmm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ly-gesture

Not a good thing for Arsenal to do. They for at least inform the guy before hand.

Sad though, i thought he was never given a chance last season, whenever he came on, he did well. Just not sure why it didn't work out.
So sad. But i think this is happening to players bought by Gazidis StatDNA. Club is trying to get rid of them.
I make you right. The Analytics dept are definitely out of the loop this summer.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

every transfer season is the same b0llocks with AFC and Wenger....
it always evolves around the Herculean effort of retaining our best players whilst others are focused on strengthening their squad....
a couple of additional players (one free, some youts, and a 'big' signing is all you will get from Wenger)
then u wonder why by feb we 10+ points behind the leaders, be it chelshite, manure, cites, pool or Leicester
can't wait for the wanker to leave
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke