The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by platinum »

Thunder wrote:
platinum wrote:Jack has been on a short time and has left short passes for his teammates every single time.
He looks so disinterested. Perhaps, he’s planning his exit.
Good luck to him. I don't think his future is at Arsenal or any Europa/UCL level club.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Congrats to the old man. I'm his biggest critic. But he earned his pay today.
Hopefully we see this type of effort more often.
Bepanda
Cito wrote:Cech gets his 200th clean sheet.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Arsenal doesn't need guys who are going to show up once per month.
Given Arsenal's ambition and expectations, players like him need be sold.
Bepanda
platinum wrote:
bepanda wrote:Can't go to war with this type of players. Good against Watford ... that's about it.
anikulapo wrote:Xhaka with two dumb and unnecessary fouls in five minutes giving away free kicks in dangerous areas ... dude is just a slow clumsy oaf smh ... why oh why??
He was probably the best player v Milan.

FT 3-0 Arsenal.
We'll see what the next manager brings. If it's Arsene, then yes I agree, Xhaka needs to go because he presents a puzzle for Arsene that the frenchman struggles to solve.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Good win, and a good performance from the lads and 2 clean sheets now.

Arsenal beginning to gain on some productive offensive players, Auba and Mikhy....who may not always look like they are tuned in but are proving to be prolific goals and assist wise.

Lots of good performances but thought Elneny was very good and consistent throughout. Iwobi needs to improve.

I have been Cech’s biggest critic, but he saved a pen today. I hope that helps his confidence.
To God be the glory
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm make una guess the first player in premier league history to reach 50 assists with the least appearances ?

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Dear Anikulapo,

Thank you for your order.

Auba - 1 goal pie
Mkhi - 1 goal pie, 1 assist pie
Ozil - 1 assist pie

Your items have shipped. Please see your confirmation email for estimated delivery date.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bepanda wrote:Congrats to the old man. I'm his biggest critic. But he earned his pay today.
Bepanda

Truth is, we typically blame Cech for not making outstanding saves to help us. Most of the goals he concedes are those many GKs would also concede. You place a raggedy defense in front of him, while the defenders themselves have no DM cover, and you expect him to be a De Gea.

Sorry, the current Cech has been our best GK since Lehman retired. He's been better than Almumu, Fabianksy, Czezzer, and even Ospina.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:Good win, and a good performance from the lads and 2 clean sheets now.

Arsenal beginning to gain on some productive offensive players, Auba and Mikhy....who may not always look like they are tuned in but are proving to be prolific goals and assist wise.

Lots of good performances but thought Elneny was very good and consistent throughout. Iwobi needs to improve.

I have been Cech’s biggest critic, but he saved a pen today. I hope that helps his confidence.
:agree:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Hmmm make una guess the first player in premier league history to reach 50 assists with the least appearances ?

Jack Wilshere
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Siddonlook11 wrote:Hmmm make una guess the first player in premier league history to reach 50 assists with the least appearances ?

Alhaji? Anyway, on the general list, Cesc and the wonderfully fantastic Dennis Bergkamp are ahead of him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Congrats to the old man. I'm his biggest critic. But he earned his pay today.
Bepanda

He did I agree ... still I don’t understand his gift of a parry from that free kick ... a veteran goalie should never do that ... again this is what I say about the mental frailties of the squad .... Goals change games and if that had gone in we are telling whole different story
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:

Jack Wilshere

didn't know this...expected it to be Ozil.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Anikulapo didn't zee it. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Bepanda

Truth is, we typically blame Cech for not making outstanding saves to help us. Most of the goals he concedes are those many GKs would also concede. You place a raggedy defense in front of him, while the defenders themselves have no DM cover, and you expect him to be a De Gea.

Sorry, the current Cech has been our best GK since Lehman retired. He's been better than Almumu, Fabianksy, Czezzer, and even Ospina.
All those keepers were excellent elsewhere too except Almunia who was average in Spain and had no business being #1 for Arsenal....

I remember when there were debates calling for him to play for England though :lol: :lol: :lol:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

Jack Wilshere

didn't know this...expected it to be Ozil.
No way, okpolo eye cannot achieve something that my son has not achieved. Impossicant.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mmeny wrote:Dear Anikulapo,

Thank you for your order.

Auba - 1 goal pie
Mkhi - 1 goal pie, 1 assist pie
Ozil - 1 assist pie

Your items have shipped. Please see your confirmation email for estimated delivery date.

Abou certainly doesn’t count and Mikha is on probation :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda

He did I agree ... still I don’t understand his gift of a parry from that free kick ... a veteran goalie should never do that ... again this is what I say about the mental frailties of the squad .... Goals change games and if that had gone in we are telling whole different story

Aniks, I agree with the critique, but let's not forget that
1. It was a good save
2. Defenders were asleep and didn't protect the rebound.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Bepanda

All those keepers were excellent elsewhere too except Almunia who was average in Spain and had no business being #1 for Arsenal....

I remember when there were debates calling for him to play for England though :lol: :lol: :lol:
There were no serious debates. It was Wenger trying to mumurize everybody
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:

Anikulapo didn't zee it. :D

I know and probably the only one who never made the EPL team of The Year in that time with so many so called assists :taunt: one win against Watford and the Woofers are out :rotf: AGAIN :woot:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda

Aniks, I agree with the critique, but let's not forget that
1. It was a good save
2. Defenders were asleep and didn't protect the rebound.
My guy even my young goalie who will definitely rep the US zone day if he keeps his head straight on knows to parry wide or out of bounds .... listen I don’t want to not pick by those are critical moments that change the outcomes of games and even seasons .... think how things fell apart after the United game :idea: all self inflicted moments in a game that Arsenal dominated :idea:

Mourinho knows one thing about Arsenal: stay patient and they will eventually hand you a gift on a platter ... you just have to take t

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:Good win, and a good performance from the lads and 2 clean sheets now.

Wow SlowLoco finally recognized El Neny? There is a Lord in heaven :taunt: :taunt: well better late than never :rotf:

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Mikhitaryan: 9 Arsenal games 2 goals, 6 assists.

Solid start, keep it up.
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:

Wow SlowLoco finally recognized El Neny? There is a Lord in heaven :taunt: :taunt: well better late than never :rotf:
I dont know what you are on about, I never had any issues with Elneny who we all know is a solid midfield player.
To God be the glory