The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Cally »

Thank you, dear Arsene, for your unflinching commitment, excellence, loyalty and passion for the Arsenal FC. In addition to a couple others, you're a reason why I chose to support this club. For me, you represent values that I cherish in life in so many ways, and my respect will always be there for you for life.

May God bless you and your family, and grant you His blessings for the future. Thank you, great man.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Alas, there goes my football hero.

Arsenal became a loved and respected club by neutrals and even some detractors because of Arsene Wenger and the values he personified; beautiful football, class, honesty, loyalty and consistency.

He transformed AFC into a modern colossus and his imprint will remain on English and World football for ages.

Au revoir Arsene. Thanks for the wonderful memories.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The long goodbyes at the Emirates - the house that Wenger built will be lit! Can't wait. :clap: :clap: :clap:
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

⚽ Premier League wins:

✅ Arsene Wenger: 473
❌ Tottenham: 420
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

ojafranpa wrote:⚽ Premier League wins:

✅ Arsene Wenger: 473
❌ Tottenham: 420
:thumbs: :thumb:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Yes! Yes!

A bittersweet moment as Wenger is truly the greatest Arsenal manager ever, but this was loooooooong overdue. Should have left 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Now a real difficult task of a successor begins. This is where the board and the upper management earn their pay. They better get this right.

Thank you Wenger for your service and I can go back to loving you now.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Freed up my schedule for today to enjoy and glow in everything Arsène Wenger. I will start in my favorite hangouts around Arsenal, then get home and watch video compilations. What a man. Legend. Ultimate love of my football life. Sad to see him go.

I will end my night with a bottle of the finest vintage champagne because it is also one of my son's birthday.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Give me Joachim Low please. :thumb:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Everyone thought arsene was stubborn during his time but he wasn’t stupid. The board were willing to let him see out his last year as manager. Wenger ultimately made the decision and knows it’s best for the club to take a new direction. #AFC
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:I said to Waffi the end is near....he screamed ...NEVER! I guess that is why they say never say never
Do not embellish things. You are bigger than this my man. I never said NEVER! One thing we all know in football is you never say never.

Indeed, it is well documented here, I said Wenger will know when it is time to leave because he is not a f00l.

We all knew Wenger was coming to the end of his time at Arsenal, it has never been a question of if but when.

Now he is leaving, my weight and support will be with the next man at the Emirates.

Wenger has exemplified dignity, integrity and class till the end. That's why he is a hero of mine. I met him a few times, had chats with him and grew a deep respect and admiration for the man. I make no apologies for my position on the man because I know I am right.
Not embellishing anything my good friend, i have waited for this day....your big grammar wont deny me the joy :lol:

Abeg keep my isi-ewu for me at Obalende suya...you must buy me 2 bowls for refusing to see the obvious. Wenger was great but like all good things and great men....he outlived his usefulness. He made a mess of what would have been a perfect legacy. Some of us are angry not because we dont like or respect what he has done, rather we see a great man succumb to the frailities that reduces heroes to zeros!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:I said to Waffi the end is near....he screamed ...NEVER! I guess that is why they say never say never
Do not embellish things. You are bigger than this my man. I never said NEVER! One thing we all know in football is you never say never.

Indeed, it is well documented here, I said Wenger will know when it is time to leave because he is not a f00l.

We all knew Wenger was coming to the end of his time at Arsenal, it has never been a question of if but when.

Now he is leaving, my weight and support will be with the next man at the Emirates.

Wenger has exemplified dignity, integrity and class till the end. That's why he is a hero of mine. I met him a few times, had chats with him and grew a deep respect and admiration for the man. I make no apologies for my position on the man because I know I am right.
Not embellishing anything my good friend, i have waited for this day....your big grammar wont deny me the joy :lol:

Abeg keep my isi-ewu for me at Obalende suya...you must buy me 2 bowls for refusing to see the obvious. Wenger was great but like all good things and great men....he outlived his usefulness. He made a mess of what would have been a perfect legacy. Some of us are angry not because we dont like or respect what he has done, rather we see a great man succumb to the frailities that reduces heroes to zeros!
Mess what legacy. You sure. Once again, you are wrong. :lol:

Frailities that saw him win another trophy less than a year ago. I will take winning frailties everyday of my life. :mrgreen:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Waited till shame would usher him out. Ozil on board, Lacazette in, Sanchez for a few games, all the ingredients for “we will be strong” and alas, the stronghold has battened down the hatches to repel an onslaught from Admiral Sean Dyche. 30+ points adrift and zip zero to show for the season besides a fight to the death for a competition as recently ridiculed as this time last year. Twas said, not till those Babylonian towers are tumbled down, till those Jerrichoian walls are weathered and eroded, till the moats have dried to mist and salt and the castle none but pillars of sand, then Gandalf the Great will pack Wengerism in his nap sack and disappear into a vanishing sunset. Perfect time to say goodbye, atop the crest of absolute irrelevance. North London’s nobodies. Wenger has done as promised and leaves Beloved in the absolutely essential state for the new era. Destruction was key, ruin and rubble of paramount importance, Beloved has long since needed a good dose and dollop of just deserves!

Adieu Monsieur, thanks for the memories, the more recent just as much as those long past. 10 Kings, 10 eras...Has this ever been captured more poetically.
Last edited by Coach on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote:Waited till shame would usher him out. Ozil on board, Lacazette in, Sanchez for a few games, all the ingredients for “we will be strong” and alas, the stronghold has battened down the hatches to repel an onslaught from Admiral Sean Dyche. 30+ points adrift and zip zero to show for the season besides a fight to the death for a competition as recently ridiculed as this time last year. Twas said, not till those Babylonian towers are tumbled down, till those Jerrichoian walls are weathered and eroded, till the moats have dried to mist and salt and the castle none but pillars of sand, then Gandalf the Great will pack Wengerism in his nap sack and disappear into a vanishing sunset. Perfect time to say goodbye, atop the crest of absolute irrelevance. North London’s nobodies. Wenger has done as promised and leaves Belived in the absolutely essential state for the new era. Destruction was key, ruin and rubble of paramount importance, Beloved has long since needed a good dose and dollop of just deserves!

Adieu Monsieur, thanks for the memories, the more recent just as much as those long past. 10 Kings, 10 eras...Has this ever been captured more poetically.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Mess what legacy. You sure. Once again, you are wrong. :lol:

Frailities that saw him win another trophy less than a year ago. I will take winning frailties everyday of my life. :mrgreen:
Whatever, just get my isi-ewu ready, na the goat head wey get bia bia you must buy. :lol:

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ojafranpa wrote:Everyone thought arsene was stubborn during his time but he wasn’t stupid. The board were willing to let him see out his last year as manager. Wenger ultimately made the decision and knows it’s best for the club to take a new direction. #AFC
Lol, you know this how? Wenger himself told you, our from 41.9FM Radio Waffib?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Coach wrote:Waited till shame would usher him out. Ozil on board, Lacazette in, Sanchez for a few games, all the ingredients for “we will be strong” and alas, the stronghold has battened down the hatches to repel an onslaught from Admiral Sean Dyche. 30+ points adrift and zip zero to show for the season besides a fight to the death for a competition as recently ridiculed as this time last year. Twas said, not till those Babylonian towers are tumbled down, till those Jerrichoian walls are weathered and eroded, till the moats have dried to mist and salt and the castle none but pillars of sand, then Gandalf the Great will pack Wengerism in his nap sack and disappear into a vanishing sunset. Perfect time to say goodbye, atop the crest of absolute irrelevance. North London’s nobodies. Wenger has done as promised and leaves Belived in the absolutely essential state for the new era. Destruction was key, ruin and rubble of paramount importance, Beloved has long since needed a good dose and dollop of just deserves!

Lol ouch!

"atop the crest of absolute irrelevance, North London nobodies", my lord, Coach.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I’m a very big fan of the young coach Tedesco of Schalke but I would be worried for him to succeed Wenger at a rabid club like Arsenal
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mesut Özil had an interview scheduled with beIN Sport, but it has been delayed as the players come to terms with the announcement. After telling the players of his decision and giving a speech, they fell silent in shock & only Wenger’s footsteps as he left the room could be heard.

beIN Sports were on ground and they witnessed it all first hand. Their reports are telling about Arsenal being caught cold.

beIN Sports reports on Wenger's makes it clear it was unexpected by all at the club. They say everyone in shock including the Owner and Board who tried to persuade him to stay till the end of the season.

My view on this is, fans staying away in the last few games played a huge part. Yes, the Europa League semi finals have seen a huge interest in ticket demands with me getting offered good money for mine. But I believe Wenger took the empty seats as one reason why it is time to leave. The fans at the Emirates could not bring themselves to ask to leave, but their not turning up played a part.

Just my opinion.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:I’m a very big fan of the young coach Tedesco of Schalke but I would be worried for him to succeed Wenger at a rabid club like Arsenal
A lot of talk about Vieira, that's because he has been seen at the Emirates.

My money is on Benitez.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Every good thing MUST end!

Thank you Wenger. As an Arsenal fan, I have known no other. Papa Wenger is the greatest coach ever.

The mob has won. This was coming, and I have no complaints. I just say thank you.

:atc:
Last edited by Nkume on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

theYemster wrote:

Lol ouch!

"atop the crest of absolute irrelevance, North London nobodies", my lord, Coach.
Out of the title race before the bell for the final lap, like the Spaniard in the steeplechase swollen with Kiptanuis. Bundled out of the cup competitions like a cheap whore smuggled out the backdoor as Madam enters through the front. What remains, a Mount Olympus made of a competition once used as fodder for criticism and curse of Man United and Tottenham. Sean Dyche breathing down the neck, 6th place feeling slippery in one’s grip. MoMo Diame running through the midfield like a Star Wars stormtrooper. Absolute irrelevance. No impact on top, no impact on the bottom, just a casual mosey-on-down of a season. Pathetic. The King’s abdication is perfectly timed, but needless to say, the right to be sacked had been well earned and definitely deserved. As ever, a festival of f*ckwit diplomacy, the season hasn’t been good enough, the decade hasn’t been good enough, why then the freedom to kick away his own chair? Wenger has earned the right to be strung up and the trapdoor opened. There’s a way to go and this is unfitting of the man, the mission, the legend, the myth and the monstrosity. Only the noose would’ve been adequate, slipknott and a brisk fall.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m a very big fan of the young coach Tedesco of Schalke but I would be worried for him to succeed Wenger at a rabid club like Arsenal
A lot of talk about Vieira, that's because he has been seen at the Emirates.

My money is on Benitez.
Benitez would be a smart move.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Eddie Howe please...f*ck it up good and proper!