The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:I cannot believe Mustafi tried to pull off the oldest footballers trick...feign an injury after messing up. There was no injury he knows it and for once i am happy Wenger called out the BS!
Lesson do not keep players that want out....still cabnot understand how Merts is on the bench!

The other time it was Anauotvich rolling around and twitching on the floor like an ileya goat on its last leg...iy turned out he did not even have a fracture...Jesus i cannot believe some of the stuff am watching on tv these days.
You are wrong. I saw Mustafi call to the bench twice asking to be taken off. I find it incredible he did not go down to stop the game before Xhaka's pass. He tried to run off the injury and failed.

I also cannot understand why Xhaka passed the ball to him and why he even tried to control it knowing the ManU players could see his discomfort ready to take adv.
Then your oga must be wrong as well. Strange an injured player would bot be dilly dallying with the ball tryingbto be a Maradona....he was not under any distress when he was doing Franz Beckebaur abi. Thank God your oga saw through the charade!
Wenger is angry with him cos he was stupid and his error killed the game off.

I was at the game on Wednesday, the physio came on twice to treat that injury. Mustafi was not feigning injury. Ask most in that stadium, on Wednesday and Saturday, they will tell you exactly what I am saying. Mustafi got a nasty kick or stamp on Wednesday. He signalled asking to be taken off and should have gone off before the second goal. He probably should not have even started.

Wenger is rightly vexed cos he mismanaged the situation and it cost us the game.

Mustafi should have gone down screaming at his team mates who had the ball to kick it out or he should have kick the pass out instead of trying to control it under pressure. To be fair, I saw him signal to Xhaka that he did not want the pass, but Xhaka delayed and passed it blind. Fair play to the ManU players, they took adv of Mustafi's stupidity. It all happened in front of me.

Ignore Wenger, he is angry with a senior player who should have known better.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:I cannot believe Mustafi tried to pull off the oldest footballers trick...feign an injury after messing up. There was no injury he knows it and for once i am happy Wenger called out the BS!
Lesson do not keep players that want out....still cabnot understand how Merts is on the bench!

The other time it was Anauotvich rolling around and twitching on the floor like an ileya goat on its last leg...iy turned out he did not even have a fracture...Jesus i cannot believe some of the stuff am watching on tv these days.
Yup!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I laughed myself off when I saw that!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:I know I get blasted for this but....

This team is starting to click, I know hyperbolic. over the top, woe is me reactions will dominate narrative among Gooners but this team is very close to being a legit PL contender.

Frankly don't mind adversity,Arsenal reaction to this defeat will be a litmus test, a good december run will show this is not same old, collapse at 1st hint of adversity Arsenal. Enough signs today to show quality not in question, now simple matter of players showing they won't allow negative energy to affect their performance.

Onward and upward Gunners.
Not at all. Your reflections are very common amongst Gooners. The race is for 2nd and we are well in it.

We were disapointed but saw so much to be hopeful of.

I thought you said Arsenal was going to win the league? You don change mouth?? The race is now for second? Then it will change to 3rd? and then 4th! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Anyway, Waffi, welcome back! Your customary 24 hours hiatus when your team is beaten black and blue! :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You are wrong. I saw Mustafi call to the bench twice asking to be taken off. I find it incredible he did not go down to stop the game before Xhaka's pass. He tried to run off the injury and failed.

I also cannot understand why Xhaka passed the ball to him and why he even tried to control it knowing the ManU players could see his discomfort ready to take adv.
Then your oga must be wrong as well. Strange an injured player would bot be dilly dallying with the ball tryingbto be a Maradona....he was not under any distress when he was doing Franz Beckebaur abi. Thank God your oga saw through the charade!

I was at the game on Wednesday, the physio came on twice to treat that injury. Mustafi was not feigning injury. Ask most in that stadium, on Wednesday and Saturday, they will tell you exactly what I am saying. Mustafi got a nasty kick or stamp on Wednesday. He signalled asking to be taken off and should have gone off before the second goal. He probably should not have even started.

Wenger is rightly vexed cos he mismanaged the situation and it cost us the game.

Mustafi should have gone down screaming at his team mates who had the ball to kick it out or he should have kick the pass out instead of trying to control it under pressure. To be fair, I saw him signal to Xhaka that he did not want the pass, but Xhaka delayed and passed it blind. Fair play to the ManU players, they took adv of Mustafi's stupidity. It all happened in front of me.

Wenger On Mustafi’s injury

I don't know what's wrong with him at all.
stop the BS man.........the job of the coach is to know when key players are not fit to play..........wenger done focked up (as usual)
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

What else is new ,same person asking people if they know more than Wenger that is a certified coach with years of experience now try to tell us Wenger is just angry.
I guess Wenger mess up by playing injured and unfit player.
So how is this hard to say Wenger is the problem with the team if we have to believe the lies that Mustafi was not fit on Wednesday
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Wait are you trying to excuse Mustafi for his stupidity
Uncle are you surprise?Thank God even Wenger could not defend his own player stupidity with that injury line.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kajifoo... why does Jose hate you so much? :lol:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Wish for next year!

Nabil Fikir

Leon Goeretzka
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:Wish for next year!

Nabil Fikir

Leon Goeretzka
why not Bielik and Zelalem?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Exactly. Have you seen the size of Bielik's calves now? Beast.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nabil Fikir

Leon Goeretzka
:rotf: :rotf: Chief you remember when some fans refused to bring my boy Fabregas back that he will kill like of Zelalem progress and how Ramsey is a better player than him at the time.
Chai CE
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Wenger On Mustafi’s injury

I don't know what's wrong with him at all.
stop the BS man.........the job of the coach is to know when key players are not fit to play..........wenger done focked up (as usual)
Thank you and how anyone can keep defending such rubbish,oh well what else is new
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Kajifoo... why does Jose hate you so much? :lol:
Danfoo hmm you for help me ask oga Jose, but I think he hate Oga Wenger not me, just that Wenger the boss of my beloved.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Top Assist men in Europe in the last 2 years:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42216027
Player Assists
Kevin de Bruyne (Man City) 35
Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) 32
Christian Eriksen (Tottenham) 30
Luis Suarez (Barcelona) 30
Neymar (Barcelona and PSG) 29
Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 29
Angel di Maria (PSG) 27
I hope those rumours of a deal are true.....will be disastrous to lose a player of this quality.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:Top Assist men in Europe in the last 2 years:

Player Assists
Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) 32
Angel di Maria (PSG) 27
I hope those rumours of a deal are true.....will be disastrous to lose a player of this quality.
Anybody can create at Arsenal. With the system Arsene runs, it's easy to create.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nabil Fikir

Leon Goeretzka
Steven Nzonzi & Leon Goretzka - gives central midfield superior athletes - then Elneney & Coq can leave. If TW ends up with the Saints, we should fight for Virgil van Dijk - Kos's foot reminds me of Sol's last seasons.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nabil Fikir

Leon Goeretzka
:rotf: :rotf: Chief you remember when some fans refused to bring my boy Fabregas back that he will kill like of Zelalem progress and how Ramsey is a better player than him at the time.
Chai CE

I want to slap all CE members, foes and friends alike, who were against the return of My True Son Cesc Fabregas!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Player Assists
Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) 32
Angel di Maria (PSG) 27
If we had won on saturday, he would have been named the man of the match. to say he was immense is an understatement. But we lost to DDG and not Man U. Some of his saves on that day were simply out of this world. it was like a contest between Arsenal and DDG with Man U players the Extras in a movie being played out in front of them.
That performance gives me lots of hope. I pray they can deliver such in most of the remaining matches. On second thought, i believe it's time AW reverses to the 4-2-3-1 formation.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Player Assists
Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) 32
Angel di Maria (PSG) 27
I am even hearing a deal could be done before the window opening.

The problem is I have heard all this too many times already, so I believe when it is official.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Zelalem ruptured his cruciate ligaments and he is on the long journey back to full fitness.

It is wrong to laugh at the plight of the unfortunate chap.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

Player Assists
Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) 32
Angel di Maria (PSG) 27
If we had won on saturday, he would have been named the man of the match. to say he was immense is an understatement. But we lost to DDG and not Man U. Some of his saves on that day were simply out of this world. it was like a contest between Arsenal and DDG with Man U players the Extras in a movie being played out in front of them.
That performance gives me lots of hope. I pray they can deliver such in most of the remaining matches. On second thought, i believe it's time AW reverses to the 4-2-3-1 formation.
Ozil was stunning in that game. Rumours of ManU interest in the player too.