The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:Y'all know that when Ramsey feels better, his French step dad will bench Mo'.
Elneny obviously gives us better balance & makes Xhaka's job easier. Ramsey wants to be 2nd striker - he's in the opposition
box that much
. That said - we need significant no. of goals from midfield - Central & wide.
I'll hope by Friday - we're not caught in situations where we've one player marking 2 off opposition corner kicks. Must be more
alert in those situations.
Several of our clearances in our box @desperate times were high but short - their goal came from that - gotta aim wide not straight.
Yep, just thinking in this transfer window - we were ready to let Mo' go for 10m quid
Must really drill on pressure on the backline - teams are using that against us a lot
We have enough players for that. Ramsey is doing nothing but creating unnecessary chaos thus getting in the way of our creative players. His passing is not that impressive for a midfielder. I know that he scored in two FA cup finals but what about the other games. His stats aint good for a roy of the rover. That is okay for small club with less quality not when you have the likes of Sanchez/Ozil to do the attacking side of things effectively. I am also of the opinion that you are compromising the balance of the team by playing both sanchez and ramsey at the same time. They both strive on chaos but one's output is there for all to see whilst the other is creating less and scoring less. Wenger has to do the right thing and bench his son.
:agree: :agree:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:Y'all know that when Ramsey feels better, his French step dad will bench Mo'.
Elneny obviously gives us better balance & makes Xhaka's job easier. Ramsey wants to be 2nd striker - he's in the opposition
box that much. That said - we need significant no. of goals from midfield - Central & wide.
I'll hope by Friday - we're not caught in situations where we've one player marking 2 off opposition corner kicks. Must be more
Several of our clearances in our box @desperate times were high but short - their goal came from that - gotta aim wide not straight.
Yep, just thinking in this transfer window - we were ready to let Mo' go for 10m quid
Must really drill on pressure on the backline - teams are using that against us a lot

Ramsey should start over El neny.

Nothing against a sense of humour - really wish i got the joke tho :?: :!: :roll: :huh: :glare:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
box that much
. That said - we need significant no. of goals from midfield - Central & wide.
We have enough players for that. Ramsey is doing nothing but creating unnecessary chaos thus getting in the way of our creative players. His passing is not that impressive for a midfielder. I know that he scored in two FA cup finals but what about the other games. His stats aint good for a roy of the rover. That is okay for small club with less quality not when you have the likes of Sanchez/Ozil to do the attacking side of things effectively. I am also of the opinion that you are compromising the balance of the team by playing both sanchez and ramsey at the same time. They both strive on chaos but one's output is there for all to see whilst the other is creating less and scoring less. Wenger has to do the right thing and bench his son.
Reading that tells me you know very little of Ramsey's stats.
Are you ever wrong? Have you ever considered that
You seem to know everything
I do not know everything but I know one thing. You are wrong.

Here is proof. What was it you said about Ramsey's passing? Have a look at this link. Clear proof you were wrong.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/26820 ... ron-Ramsey

Have a look at the analysis of Ramsey.

Strengths

Passing: Very Strong
Key Passes: Strong
Holding on to the ball: Strong
Defensive contribution: Strong

If you want to quarrel with last season, click on the history tab and see the pass is stats. Whilst you are at it, look at the defensive stats. Then compare him to other Midfielders playing in his position in Europe, not the EPL, but Europe. There are few Midfielders as good as Ramsey in doing everything required of a Midfielder when fit. I know Ramsey's issues is just down to fitness, when fit, he has very few peers in the game. For starters, no midfielder has his lungs in the game. I also hope you took notice of the different positions and roles he plays in the team.

If you want us to get real deep, with distance covered per game, speed, average speed, parking passes and runs etc etc, I got is all. I can even show you videos but what is the point?

I am not being nasty towards you, and I am wrong like everybody else but this stuff is my food and drink.

ElNeny had a good game but there is a very good reason, Ramsey starts when fit. It has nothing to do with bias from Wenger. The overall numbers show Ramsey is far better for now, but ElNeny is improving.

They obviously pumped laughing gas into the air when Ramsey plays that most gooners don't appreciate the 'Rocky' qualities he brings to our midfield
Dawg - you're now going to hide behind stats to back Rocky? what does that say to you about why many of those who watch him play ain't feeling your chorus lines?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:According to reports coming out of France, Arsenal are in talks with Monaco for Lemar. Player desperately wants out and Arsenal now under pressure as they fear lising the player.
They just signed rachid ghezzal.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

XHAKA XHAKA XHAKA

He had a very impressive game yesterday, he found space, he kept the ball moving up the pitch, he hit 100% pass completion, he mostly kept his discipline, and he led like the warrior his mother knew he’d be when she trusted him with that spare key. Many things to be pleased about against a very good Chelsea side.

However, it has to be noted that his sloppy clearance started the move for Chelsea’s goal (certainly didn’t finish it). You can’t avoid the reality that he’s very slow and he struggles to keep up with play if there’s a counter. It’s tough to ignore that this is an on-going issue, regardless of the beauty he bestows upon us in games like this where he’s free to dictate.

He played very well yesterday, but he needs to work on his carelessness, or Wenger needs to work out a way of protecting the team against his weaknesses. The major positive is that unlike Ozil – who the purist evangelicals spent three seasons misrepresenting (until this summer when literally no elite club in Europe gave a #$% about him) – Xhaka actually cares. You can see in his game he wants to be better and will hopefully make good on that.

Elneney-should-play-many

Look, I really like the Egyptian. He’s not spectacular, but he does a lot of grunt work. He has a great engine, he’s very reliable when it comes to his passing game, and he really does have the height and power needed for the league. When I complain that our starting 11 is kinda small, this guy ups the level. I do hope he lands more game time this year, because it’s apparent already that Aaron Ramsey is going to go missing for large chunks of the season (out for Leicester). It was also duly noted that Jack Wilshere wasn’t at Wembley, ominous for his future.

Oya Waffi no be me talk am but una no dey hear word just like I warn una about Ramshyt .... this is from a blogger that we have both had issues with but .... :taunt:
His mistake led to us not defending a set piece. Sorry, that guy has been embarrassed by Xhaka as he obviously did not rate him. Now he is looking for excuses or making up stuff in a desperate attempt for credibility.

When you are wrong be man enough to admit you are wrong.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

XHAKA XHAKA XHAKA

He had a very impressive game yesterday, he found space, he kept the ball moving up the pitch, he hit 100% pass completion, he mostly kept his discipline, and he led like the warrior his mother knew he’d be when she trusted him with that spare key. Many things to be pleased about against a very good Chelsea side.

However, it has to be noted that his sloppy clearance started the move for Chelsea’s goal (certainly didn’t finish it). You can’t avoid the reality that he’s very slow and he struggles to keep up with play if there’s a counter. It’s tough to ignore that this is an on-going issue, regardless of the beauty he bestows upon us in games like this where he’s free to dictate.

He played very well yesterday, but he needs to work on his carelessness, or Wenger needs to work out a way of protecting the team against his weaknesses. The major positive is that unlike Ozil – who the purist evangelicals spent three seasons misrepresenting (until this summer when literally no elite club in Europe gave a #$% about him) – Xhaka actually cares. You can see in his game he wants to be better and will hopefully make good on that.

Elneney-should-play-many

Look, I really like the Egyptian. He’s not spectacular, but he does a lot of grunt work. He has a great engine, he’s very reliable when it comes to his passing game, and he really does have the height and power needed for the league. When I complain that our starting 11 is kinda small, this guy ups the level. I do hope he lands more game time this year, because it’s apparent already that Aaron Ramsey is going to go missing for large chunks of the season (out for Leicester). It was also duly noted that Jack Wilshere wasn’t at Wembley, ominous for his future.

Oya Waffi no be me talk am but una no dey hear word just like I warn una about Ramshyt .... this is from a blogger that we have both had issues with but .... :taunt:
His mistake led to us not defending a set piece. Sorry, that guy has been embarrassed by Xhaka as he obviously did not rate him. Now he is looking for excuses or making up stuff in a desperate attempt for credibility.

When you are wrong be man enough to admit you are wrong.

You should speak for ya self my good man .... if I had a naira for how many times you don miss road I would be richer than Bill Gates :taunt: :taunt: I mean you are the same man who has repeatedly heaped scorn on alexis, the Ox and took for ever to see Santiago's unmatched virtues but would continually defend a proven failure like Ozil .... Go Figure :laugh:

And then again you're the same dude who claims to know football and have watched Ramshyt and ElNeny yet claim Ramshyt is the better player based on your kwe kwe stats :mrgreen: :rotf: WOw
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Isco down to final year of his contract at Madrid ... ahem can someone at the Emirates please get on the phone :tic:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

@Coach
Europa League
25/08/17: Group stage draw

In relation to the squad, the community shield showed what I believed which was our squad will be competing this year, this I am certain of and not sure if anyone else noticed but it looks like Xhaka has taken a leadership role. I cant remember who fouled one of the boys but in that instance, Xhaka was in the ref's ear remonstrating with him. This is good to see and looks like he has settled and as long as he develops a good partnership in the middle of the park we should be fine moving forward and defending.

Something a pundit noted was that in the shield we played against a team that was the best at a high press last season and we more then held our own, now if consider we had half our starters out and lost a leader in defense through the game one will agree we are in good standing for the start of the season. I am not sure we need Lemar especially if Sanchez is finally settled and in Europa I would be interested to see how people like Reis-Nelson perform. We have some depth, we only have to trim the squad a little a bit.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Would you trade Alexis for Bale?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Would you trade Alexis for Bale?

No :curse:

But for Casemiro and Isco? Oh yeah :P

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Granit Xhaka vs Chelsea:
98 Passes
100% Pass Completion
1 assist

What a player Xhaka has become.

The man's overall performance last season was judged on 2 poor tackles. He ended the season with a reputation for being unable to tackle, despite having nearly Kante's tackle numbers. Football fans thrive on prejudice, bias and ignorance. There is no better example of this than the crap I read about Xhaka. But this is a player who has a left foot is better than Voldemorts wand.

He has performed quite well from his first game but made mistakes. His mistakes became the benchmark and he was rubbish to most. When we went through that difficult spell last season, his mental toughness and leadership during this period made me a huge fan. Wenger gave him different roles to make him improve his game and above all reduce his weaknesses. He just got on with it, no complaints.

His suspension in the early part of 2017 was costly. Even then, we were dysfunctional without him in CM. Now Xhaka's range of passing is crucial for the team. He is confident and a leader now. Notice how he bossed all the Set Piece today. He now touches, turns, and moves. He takes it on the half turn too even under pressure. Another thing he has improved, he doesn't use just his left foot, doesn't only look for long passes. He now builds up play, he moves with the ball. All these little improvements allows us to dictate the tempo of a game from the front of defence. A huge asset in this league.

For me, there was a steady improvement with Xhaka, but about halfway through last season. He became one of our best players of 2017.

Today, friends at the game told me he has bulked up and looked stronger.
Arsenal's greatest fan - Waffi cannot see how the man by Xhaka's side affects his game? They 1st played in Europe(i think) against the Club they at different times previously played for - true support system.
I commented on ElNeny, their combo and how Arsenal played through Chelsea's press. Indeed, I made ElNeny my Man Of the Match.

ElNeny replaced the departed Xhaka at Basel.

Xhaka and ElNeny played a few times last season. Xhaka played with Santi, Coquelin, ElNeny, Ramsey, Maitland-Niles and Oxlade in that midfield last season. I wrote about this and posted it here.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I promise I will NOT yab a single Arsenal player, past the current match the said player pisses me off. Let us unite behind this team and Wenger this year and see what happens. The Big OG, Ramsey, Xhaka, ElNeny, LeCoq, and possibly Jack will be huge this year. Most importantly we have to stand behind our own world class players: Ozil and Sanchez.

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I wish Ramsey can stay injury free and have another season like 2013/2014. Damn shawcross for nearly ending this boys career. Most of his muscular injuries are likely related to the fracture.

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bepanda wrote:Would you trade Alexis for Bale?
Yes, but the problem is Real Madrid won't make that trade.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We were ready to spend over 100m on Mbappé & now after 40odd for Laca, we've to sell to buy!!?Bleeping hell...
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:I wish Ramsey can stay injury free and have another season like 2013/2014. Damn shawcross for nearly ending this boys career. Most of his muscular injuries are likely related to the fracture.

[/video]
the ship has sailed - 13/14 has to be seen as a blip. The kid hardly flatters to deceive these days. Plays in a passing team but can't stop running.
When I look back at how Titi & Trezegoal shared notes from watching other players from all over the world play - they were students of the game & Titi was willing to try new tricks. I just don't think Ramsey is as dedicated - he should by now have a more efficient game.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

XHAKA XHAKA XHAKA

Elneney-should-play-many

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This na your friend. Apparently, he works for TalkShyte and SkyPoo. Makes no difference cos SkyPoo owns Talkshyte. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You can see he has now become the object of ridicule on Twitter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You better be careful, or you will end up like him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Granit Xhaka vs Chelsea:
98 Passes
100% Pass Completion
1 assist

What a player Xhaka has become.

The man's overall performance last season was judged on 2 poor tackles. He ended the season with a reputation for being unable to tackle, despite having nearly Kante's tackle numbers. Football fans thrive on prejudice, bias and ignorance. There is no better example of this than the crap I read about Xhaka. But this is a player who has a left foot is better than Voldemorts wand.

He has performed quite well from his first game but made mistakes. His mistakes became the benchmark and he was rubbish to most. When we went through that difficult spell last season, his mental toughness and leadership during this period made me a huge fan. Wenger gave him different roles to make him improve his game and above all reduce his weaknesses. He just got on with it, no complaints.

His suspension in the early part of 2017 was costly. Even then, we were dysfunctional without him in CM. Now Xhaka's range of passing is crucial for the team. He is confident and a leader now. Notice how he bossed all the Set Piece today. He now touches, turns, and moves. He takes it on the half turn too even under pressure. Another thing he has improved, he doesn't use just his left foot, doesn't only look for long passes. He now builds up play, he moves with the ball. All these little improvements allows us to dictate the tempo of a game from the front of defence. A huge asset in this league.

For me, there was a steady improvement with Xhaka, but about halfway through last season. He became one of our best players of 2017.

Today, friends at the game told me he has bulked up and looked stronger.
Not only a great player but a future Arsenal Captain imho. I hope he continues to develop in all areas of his game and temperament.
I concur. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Granite Shaka is a FANTASTIC player.
IMHO, there is no denying he belongs in the top tier of the league's midfielders. In recent games he has shown his true worth and quality against City, Chelsea and ManU. He has been up against Kante Pogba etc and we now know he is up there with the very best and improving.

He has filled a gaping hole in that most important of positions and what he now needs, as I pointed out last season is a regular partner. He needs a regular partner in order to build chemistry. What we do not know for certain is if that partner is already at the club - Ramsey, Santi, ElNeny etc. etc. But despite this handicap of irregular partners, I predict, injuries permitting he will be widely hailed as one of the best if not the best in his position in the EPL. He is now a must in the first 11 for Arsenal and a big game player.

For now, I celebrate the new 'Controller' (Regista) at Arsenal and in London.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

XHAKA XHAKA XHAKA

Elneney-should-play-many

This na your friend. Apparently, he works for TalkShyte and SkyPoo. Makes no difference cos SkyPoo owns Talkshyte. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You can see he has now become the object of ridicule on Twitter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You better be careful, or you will end up like him.
As usual you are wrong but then again that's not a surprise :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
IMHO, there is no denying he belongs in the top tier of the league's midfielders. In recent games he has shown his true worth and quality against City, Chelsea and ManU. He has been up against Kante Pogba etc and we now know he is up there with the very best and improving.

He has filled a gaping hole in that most important of positions and what he now needs, as I pointed out last season is a regular partner. He needs a regular partner in order to build chemistry. What we do not know for certain is if that partner is already at the club - Ramsey, Santi, ElNeny etc. etc. But despite this handicap of irregular partners, I predict, injuries permitting he will be widely hailed as one of the best if not the best in his position in the EPL. He is now a must in the first 11 for Arsenal and a big game player.

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:sad: (Just saw a madman at eke umuofia rolling on the floor and laughing to himself)
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:sad: (Just saw a madman at eke umuofia rolling on the floor and laughing to himself)

Isnt it amazing what you see whenever you take the time to look in ya mirror :rotf: :lol: :lol:

MLK.