The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

[quote="CROWN"]https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ed-arsenal

Here we go again!!!

But a United source said: “Lacazette was followed because he was top scorer in French football – but a lot of his goals were penalties [10 of his 27 goals last season came from the spot].
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
CROWN wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ed-arsenal

Here we go again!!!

But a United source said: “Lacazette was followed because he was top scorer in French football – but a lot of his goals were penalties [10 of his 27 goals last season came from the spot].

“In the end he wasn’t considered because he has no stamina, no physical impact and isn’t a big game player.”
Lets start with big games....what are those big games and what type of impact are they talking about? He scored agains big teams psg(big team),monaco(champions), marseille, roma(second best in serie A), Besiktas (UEFA Cup quarter finals) and against Ajax(UEFA semi finals). Those are big games and he is a striker and a strikers main responsibility is to score goals and he did that against both big teams and in big games.....and now again what is that big game impact?

Ligue 1 is quite a brutal league and you cant survive with neither stamina nor physical impact. Lacazzette spent most of his career as a winger and to perform that position effectively you need a whole lot of stamina(my opinion anyways). All that was crap and there is a reason arsenal was not interested in Lukaku(poor first touch and being one dimensional but very good target man and goal scorer) and manchester united was not interested in Lacazette and neither of the above mentioned are the reasons for that. Both teams got what they were looking for.

Remember that article was written by Jamie Jackson who is well known for talking from his behind
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone who has a clue knows, his record against the top tgeams in France is ver impressive indeed.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
CROWN wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ed-arsenal

Here we go again!!!

“In the end he wasn’t considered because he has no stamina, no physical impact and isn’t a big game player.”
The hand of Jacob, but the voice of Esau.
The irony of Mourinho talking about why he lost interest in Lacazette after just re-signing a player for £100m that he discarded for £28m is comedy gold. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

kajifu wrote:Any news?Even if its fake news :lol:
Arsenal for life
Hm. Kajifu, just about to ask if you've heard from your cousin? :sneaky:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Dayuuum these guys at Munich know what they're doing Biko :thumb: :thumb:

James Rodriguez on a two year loan? You've gotta be kidding me :scared:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Pssst and oh Waffi, the same Douglas Costa that you insulted , rather cluelessly, is on his way to Juve :idea: only in Waffis world could supposed headless chickens play for Munich and purportedly, Juventus :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

anikulapo wrote:You Arsenal fans who claim to have this soft spot for a turncoat like Cesc dey make me laugh.

Here's a spoilt lil brat and ingrate who Arsenal nurtured from his football womb, gave him a shot over more advanced senior players, built a system for him, made him captain and showcased him to the world , after he had reached a dead end with Barcelona as a youth.

How did he repay this love? He not only conspired with Pep and his underlings to undermine Arsenal in the media and get him for much cheaper hence costing the club millions and the scorn of the football world at one of our lowest points in club history.

When his career hit the skids and he was dumped like a bad habit by the same Barca he rushed out to play for he then tried to come back to Arsenal and when he wasn't received with open arms decided to be a total Spiteful biatch and go sign for Wenger's #1 enemy Mourinho :curse:

I mean how do you do that to someone who has been more than a father to you. Thats pretty sick and pathetic and not much different from Judas :curse:

So abeg make e go Tanda under Stamford bridge ... :roll: Nonsense.

As for Alexis, I can't fault the man. He is not an Arsenal man and has given his all for the club. What more can he do? More power to him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Loll...i really cant get your Cesc hate Aniks... I still love that boy like the first time i saw him in the Arsenal shirt with his long ridiculous mullet..The best footy we've played since the Invincibles was with Cesc in the team..

I wasn't mad when he left cos it was obvious he would leave at some point..playing outta his skin year in year out with Sendoros,Djorou and Denilson and Eboue in the team.. :lol: :lol:

I'd welcome him back with open arms ,but really i think his best is behind him...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thunder wrote:
Arsenal for life
I just talk family fatter with him.The way he lie about Arsenal just because he goes to games and live in London is shocking. His hyping. Of Wenger is something else.right now he post that we have EPL on licker down,just like that and EUROPA is already beloved to lift.So I just ignore such talk.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gunzilla wrote:
anikulapo wrote:You Arsenal fans who claim to have this soft spot for a turncoat like Cesc dey make me laugh.

Here's a spoilt lil brat and ingrate who Arsenal nurtured from his football womb, gave him a shot over more advanced senior players, built a system for him, made him captain and showcased him to the world , after he had reached a dead end with Barcelona as a youth.

How did he repay this love? He not only conspired with Pep and his underlings to undermine Arsenal in the media and get him for much cheaper hence costing the club millions and the scorn of the football world at one of our lowest points in club history.

When his career hit the skids and he was dumped like a bad habit by the same Barca he rushed out to play for he then tried to come back to Arsenal and when he wasn't received with open arms decided to be a total Spiteful biatch and go sign for Wenger's #1 enemy Mourinho :curse:

I mean how do you do that to someone who has been more than a father to you. Thats pretty sick and pathetic and not much different from Judas :curse:

As for Alexis, I can't fault the man. He is not an Arsenal man and has given his all for the club. What more can he do? More power to him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Loll...i really cant get your Cesc hate Aniks... I still love that boy like the first time i saw him in the Arsenal shirt with his long ridiculous mullet..The best footy we've played since the Invincibles was with Cesc in the team..

I wasn't mad when he left cos it was obvious he would leave at some point..playing outta his skin year in year out with Sendoros,Djorou and Denilson and Eboue in the team.. :lol: :lol:

I'd welcome him back with open arms ,but really i think his best is behind him...
:clap: :clap: :clap: he is OUR OWN PIKIN!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Arsenal for life
I just talk family fatter with him.The way he lie about Arsenal just because he goes to games and live in London is shocking. His hyping. Of Wenger is something else.right now he post that we have EPL on licker down,just like that and EUROPA is already beloved to lift.So I just ignore such talk.

Are you sure your cousin isn't CE's Waffiman?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gunzilla wrote:

I have no issue with Cesc. It's Van Pu$$y and the slime Nasrat I can't stand.

Sidebar: Moderators what's up with censoring the word p.u.s.s.y? We're not kids here. I can understand swear words like the F and S bombs but abeg this pc policing is getting outta hand.
Last edited by theYemster on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

theYemster wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:

I Jane no issue with Cesc. It's Van kitty cat and the slime Nasrat I can't stand.
Those ones are bas***ds !! :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiiii Sky sports say things aren't good on the oxlade front:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... alks-stall

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:

I have no issue with Cesc. It's Van Pu$$y and the slime Nasrat I can't stand.

Sidebar: Moderators what's up with censoring the word p.u.s.s.y? We're not kids here. I can understand swear words like the F and S bombs but abeg this pc policing is getting outta hand.
Me and you both. I will never forgive Judas, never...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ene-wenger
Alexis Sanchez has not asked to leave Arsenal, says Arsene Wenger
By Nick Lustig
Last Updated: 11/07/17 11:40am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hopes Alexis Sanchez will respect his contract and denies that he has asked for a move away from the club
Alexis Sanchez has not asked to leave Arsenal and is expected to remain at the club, according to manager Arsene Wenger.

The Chile forward has less than 12 months remaining on his current contract with the Gunners and is yet to sign terms on a fresh deal.

Sky Sports News HQ understands he is a transfer target for Manchester City and Bayern Munich, but Wenger says he wants to keep Sanchez and even suggested the 28-year-old could extend his contract before the start of the new season.

"The players have contracts and we expect them to respect their contracts. That's what we want," Wenger said after the squad's arrival in Sydney.

When asked if Sanchez had informed him that he wanted to leave the club, Wenger said: "No"

He added: "I think the easiest way to manage a player is in the final year of his contract. It is in his interest to do as well as he can.

"Nobody knows today if Sanchez will be on his final year of his contract next season, because he can extend his contract with us at the start of the season or during the season.

"So it is not necessarily the last year of his contract at Arsenal Football Club."

Sanchez enjoyed his most prolific scoring campaign for Arsenal last season, netting 30 goals in 51 appearances having been deployed in a central striking role.

When asked if he remained determined to keep Sanchez and not let him go to a Premier League rival, Wenger replied: "Yes, that is a continuation of what I said at the end of the season. That's what we will do.

"He adds great value to the squad and I think as well he is a great lover of the club."
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I'm going through all the team goals for all the season Alexis Sanchez has been with us and it's sheer mind boggling and shocking that some people would rather have him off this team than within it.

He is simply the best transfer of the Recent Wenger era. What a freaking player :thumb:

Imagine keeping Ozil who is by miles the worst transfer ever, over Sanchez :curse:

Sheer madness and insanity :curse:

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

How does James Rodriguez end up moving To Bayern on a loan deal in today's market with total potential cost at 45M including loan fees??? Seems the EPL clubs are telling Perez to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. This maga was quoting 70 million Euros for a bench warmer. Let's see if Chelsea plays hard ball on Morata
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

jdizzy wrote:How does James Rodriguez end up moving To Bayern on a loan deal in today's market with total potential cost at 45M including loan fees??? Seems the EPL clubs are telling Perez to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. This maga was quoting 70 million Euros for a bench warmer. Let's see if Chelsea plays hard ball on Morata

It's mood-swing season. Looks like PEA is the flavor of the day now.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I have thought about this and even looked it up. I cannot recall pundits use penalties scored to detract from a striker's goal tally. In fact, Google seach confirms my observations. But Arsenal has signed Lacazette, so it is now an issue.

How many times did you hear Mourinho say a striker playing for him was suspect cos he scored penalties? Did he say that about Drogba whose stats was 'average to good' overall, and 'ordinary' when you remove penalty goals.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:I'm going through all the team goals for all the season Alexis Sanchez has been with us and it's sheer mind boggling and shocking that some people would rather have him off this team than within it.

He is simply the best transfer of the Recent Wenger era. What a freaking player :thumb:

Imagine keeping Ozil who is by miles the worst transfer ever, over Sanchez :curse:

Sheer madness and insanity :curse:
Stop trying to sensationalize things. I understand you wanting Alexis to stay but it's not an "either-or" choice between both players. Alexis possibly leaving has nothing to do with Özil staying.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:I have thought about this and even looked it up. I cannot recall pundits use penalties scored to detract from a striker's goal tally. In fact, Google seach confirms my observations. But Arsenal has signed Lacazette, so it is now an issue.

How many times did you hear Mourinho say a striker playing for him was suspect cos he scored penalties? Did he say that about Drogba whose stats was 'average to good' overall, and 'ordinary' when you remove penalty goals.
Dude, stop whining. Drogs led Chelsea to win multiple EPL titles and UCL. Just win the damn league and that'll shut Mourinho up. Nothing else will including your yeye stats and observations.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:I have thought about this and even looked it up. I cannot recall pundits use penalties scored to detract from a striker's goal tally. In fact, Google seach confirms my observations. But Arsenal has signed Lacazette, so it is now an issue.

Dude you know pretty well that Mourinho is trying to get the media attention off Lukaku's exorbitant price. The positive out of all this is that Mourinho is doubting whether Lukaku's quality can match his price tag. If lacazette is that terrible he wouldn't be saying anything bout him