The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gunzilla
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Gunzilla »

Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:United, Spurs and Chelsea knocked out of the UCL round of 16 stage. All 3 are now focusing on top 4 and winning the FA Cup... Something Arsenal was slaughtered for by the media.
The hypocrisy is sickening. :boo:

People are saying Chelsea played well. If with was Arsenal that went down fighting, all you would hear is how useless we were. What pisses me off the most is that our fans buy into the rubbish.
Err..since the last time we won the league,Chelsea have won it with 3 different managers.Won the Champions League too. United have won the Champs league and the league multiple times since we won an EPL title. They have since sacked 2 managers that under achieved.Spurs have fired tons of managers in trying to find a winning formula.And they seem to be on the right track.They have been better than us 3 seasons running.

Only Arsenal have held on to a manager who has failed to challenge for a league title in over 10 years.With performances getting worse year in year out. That is why the fans are angry !! Not for something manufactured by any media.People can see things for themselves.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:United, Spurs and Chelsea knocked out of the UCL round of 16 stage. All 3 are now focusing on top 4 and winning the FA Cup... Something Arsenal was slaughtered for by the media.

People are saying Chelsea played well. If with was Arsenal that went down fighting, all you would hear is how useless we were. What pisses me off the most is that our fans buy into the rubbish.
Err..since the last time we won the league,Chelsea have won it with 3 different managers.Won the Champions League too. United have won the Champs league and the league multiple times since we won an EPL title. They have since sacked 2 managers that under achieved.Spurs have fired tons of managers in trying to find a winning formula.And they seem to be on the right track.They have been better than us 3 seasons running.

Only Arsenal have held on to a manager who has failed to challenge for a league title in over 10 years.With performances getting worse year in year out. That is why the fans are angry !! Not for something manufactured by any media.People can see things for themselves.
abeg o...we are trying. Consistent top 4 in the EPL is a bigger trophy than Champions' League Trophy, or the sporadic EPL titles of Chelsea and Man U.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Fact is people are tired of Wenger, hence the irrational behavior.

I hope he wins the Europa and retires. Maybe we will hear word then. He will remain one of the greatest coaches ever.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Athletico have destroyed Lokomotiv Moscow! 8-1 on aggregate.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Bellerin better not mess up.

Nacho Nachooo man!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Well done lads. Professional, composed, intelligent and street smart performance. Big boy time now, win by any means necessary. Fook chivalry, fook optics, fook fair play...Europa league truly up for grabs....

Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Wenger post match on Welbeck "dive".....

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Well done lads. Professional, composed, intelligent and street smart performance. Big boy time now, win by any means necessary. Fook chivalry, fook optics, fook fair play...Europa league truly up for grabs....

We are wining Europa nothing will stop that
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Normally, I don't waste my time responding to such rubbish. But I make this exception. They have spent over a billion pounds buying their trophies thanks to their sugar daddy. If that is not relevant that's your problem. Go support them, since you hate your lot so much.

I am proud of my players, Manager and team because they have set the standards with the least resources over the period. Now those standards we set with the least resources that were mocked by so called supporters like you, are the same standards teams who pay far more in wages and in transfers are being judged by. But of course you fail to see that for obvious reasons.

Oh! Do I hear Leicester City. As usual, when it comes to Arsenal, the exception becomes the norm. Anything for so called supporters to trash the club with.

With supporters like you lot, who needs enemies.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Xhaka once again, excellent. Anyone notice how different a role he plays now?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

abeg o...we are trying. Consistent top 4 in the EPL is a bigger trophy than Champions' League Trophy, or the sporadic EPL titles of Chelsea and Man U.
We are trying and winning with our resources. We are not buying silverware with a Sugar Daddy's money.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Xhaka once again, excellent. Anyone notice how different a role he plays now?

What role is this ? Being a comedy act with no technical or athletic ability? Okay I’m sure Athletico Madrid is terrified of facing this donkey :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

They conveniently left out the eenie bittie fact that Chelsea are EPL defending champs; United won the league less than five years ago and Man City less than three years ago which is the crux of the criticism. Those teams see a top 4 finish as a disappointing consolation whereas Arsenal sees it as the goal.

These Wenger Kumbaya Klan folks keep eating eat sh.it and calling it pudding. They're a trip. Pfft!!!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

We are trying and winning with our resources. We are not buying silverware with a Sugar Daddy's money.
Tell that to Leicester. Pfft!!!

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Xhaka once again, excellent. Anyone notice how different a role he plays now?

What role is this ? Being a comedy act with no technical or athletic ability? Okay I’m sure Athletico Madrid is terrified of facing this donkey :rotf:
You are like a radio, so easy to wind you up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a leaf from me. Learn to snub people, give them the silent treatment cos they are......... (fill the gaps) :lol: :lol:

Don't get easily wound up by anything Xhaka or Ozil. You have become too predictable. :taunt:

I know this is a bit different but you gave been all over the place since Ozil signed his contract. You even start a fight in an empty room. :lol: :lol:

My brother na sense. Nor be gragra.

Put yourself in that position where you just ignore ignorant people. Make it so that the more you ignore them, the more they get desperate and try to get you to respond to them. You don't have lose control, control the baggas, don't let them control you.

Learn from me. Just see as I poo all over them.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

My goodness, why can't we just be positive for once?

A lot of fans want Wenger gone, cool but let us support the team and players.

Leicester's case is a one off and would not happen again for the next 20 years or so. Where are they now?

Arsenal just beat Milan and still there's arguments about winning league etc.

Yesterday was really cool and you saw how the players responded because the whole Emirates stadium were behind them, the singing, the support for the team etc. The fans were the 12th man yesterday and that made a big difference for the players.

Make we support our team abeg, win or lose, Wenger or not.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Spon on Waffiman! Couldn't agree more.
Of course peeps would still grumble and vent spleen even
IF we win Europa.

Congratulations to Wenger and the boys for advancing to
the Q-Finals. More grease.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Leicester's case is a one off and would not happen again for the next 20 years or so. Where are they now?

Yesterday was really cool and you saw how the players responded because the whole Emirates stadium were behind them, the singing, the support for the team etc. The fans were the 12th man yesterday and that made a big difference for the players.

Abi o! Wenger will be gone soon enough. We will all then find something
or someone else to talk about. When that day comes, may we not miss
him as I suspect we might.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gunzilla wrote:
Nkume wrote:

The problem with you lot is you see being realists as not being supportive.

Nothing you or I post here affects the fortunes of the team on the field so I'm not sure what you mean by supportive.

Besides I very rarely come here to start an attack on your hero Wenger. I only call out boolshit excuses that people try to spin here. Almost all my criticisms of Wenger are in direct reply to a misleading or disingenuous post. And I'm pretty certain that's what this forum was created for.

And FYI I'm ALWAYS supportive of Arsenel. It's for that very reason I have my often stated position of wanting a change of coach. To me, blindly backing Wenger is the antithesis of supporting Arsenal. He is taking the club down.

That is all.
Last edited by theYemster on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ebyboy wrote:
peron33uk wrote: My goodness, why can't we just be positive for once?

Abi o! Wenger will be gone soon enough. We will all then find something
or someone else to talk about. When that day comes, may we not miss
him as I suspect we might.
Dude I was one of the most vocal supporters and defenders of Wenger both during his EPL winning years and the early part of the barren decade. Regularly defending him against the likes of kaycee2g (danfo driver), gren4life, felarey etc.

The fact that we have a difference of opinion regarding the coach shouldn't cloud your sense of history.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯