The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Coach »

Has Bielik got any "meaningful" stripes to his name or is his Francesco Baresi based purely on a friendly kick about? The murmurings are of a talented neophyte but the pudding is far fom proven, he needs seasons' worth of stripes to his name. My Son was the best fullback in Europe 2 years back, a year later he's a bleached Eboue. No less My Son however.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coach wrote:Has Bielik got any "meaningful" stripes to his name or is his Francesco Baresi based purely on a friendly kick about? The murmurings are of a talented neophyte but the pudding is far fom proven, he needs seasons' worth of stripes to his name. My Son was the best fullback in Europe 2 years back, a year later he's a bleached Eboue. No less My Son however.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:El neny is a good squad player. I don't know about best CM at the club.

You don't know much about anything so no need to remind everyone :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Arsene Wenger on Per:

“When you have a reputation, when you’re admired, you have two ways to behave. To take advantage of it and take privileges, or you’re conscious of the responsibility you have and you want to be a model that other people take example from.” A subtle dig Tony Adams, me think!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:Arsene Wenger on Per:

“When you have a reputation, when you’re admired, you have two ways to behave. To take advantage of it and take privileges, or you’re conscious of the responsibility you have and you want to be a model that other people take example from.” A subtle dig Tony Adams, me think!
Spot on.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

seems Arsenal couldn't buy a Sanchez replacement (Lemar) at a reasonable price and have opted to just force Sanchez to stay. The guardian has an article explaining why that's not really that huge of a financial risk
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

amafolas wrote:seems Arsenal couldn't buy a Sanchez replacement (Lemar) at a reasonable price and have opted to just force Sanchez to stay. The guardian has an article explaining why that's not really that huge of a financial risk
Nothing forced about holding one to the terms of a legal contract - let's not get this twisted!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

amafolas wrote:seems Arsenal couldn't buy a Sanchez replacement (Lemar) at a reasonable price and have opted to just force Sanchez to stay. The guardian has an article explaining why that's not really that huge of a financial risk
The moment you try to force people to do things they don't want to do. You have lost it.

The same way your employer try to force you to do mandatory OT under the threat of a sacking. The employee will start to look for other place of employment immediately. Sanchez has all of the power. He won't give his best to avoid injury so that he can go on a free transfer in 12 months.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:Watching Dortmund vs AC Milan on espn3.com

Why is Wenger not bidding for Aubamenyang?

Sell Giroud to help fund the transfer.
2 different types - Giroud's a target man while Auba is about running behind the defense - we need a target man with pace as an
option.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:Big rumors that Arsenal accepted a £10 mill bid from Leicester for El Neny but he refused to move ... I mean why would Arsenal want to get rid of Mowho is arguably our best CM after Santi?

Honestly this club is run by misguided idiotas, regardless, if it's true. I mean how can they only get £11 mill for Szcz who has shown his quality in two years at Roma???
That's our gaffer throwing the utility player - no drama dude under the bus for frequently injured midfielders - very weak move - hope he sits tight.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/stat ... 6966549504

Monaco just do not want to sell.
But they just sold bakayoko to Chelsea. Its not just about monaco not wanting to sell but more about how arsenal approach their transfer dealings. Remember that Arsenal wouldnt have signed lacazette if Atletico madrid was not banned from signing players. You cant rely on the universe aligning on your favor all the time in order to be able to make high quality signings. Right now Monaco dont really have to sell to Arsenal coz they just sold Bakayoko to Chelsea for quite a reasonable price.
How do you know it is Arsenal's approach. What is it specific about this approach that has put off Monaco? You are not involved in the deal, so what makes you so sure of your conclusions.

On Lacazette, he is an Arsenal player, so your Athletico Madrid talk is pure speculation. If he was so keen on joining Athletico Madrid on a lower salary, he could easily have waited till January.
The problem with you is that you are very uninformed when it comes to things outside Arsenal. I dont think you are a liar, i think you are just poorly informed.

Atleti had a deal for Lacazette. He wanted them and he had planned to go there. however, ATLETI PULLED THE DEAL!!! Atleti got information from Costa that Conte had told him he has to go, no matter what. Costa is Atleti's first choice, and with Conte's text, Atleti realized that they could get Costa for pittance, so they PULLED THE LACAZETTE DEAL and moved for Costa.

THIS IS A FACT.

BTW! I have it on good authority and not some BS, that Arsenal beat the likes of ManU, Chelsea and Everton to his signature after Wenger, who has tried to sign the player in the last two summer windows, had dinner in Paris with the player and his representatives. The deal was done with the player and despite attempts by Aulas to run an auction, he got nowhere because he made promises to the player to keep him last summer.
This one cannot be lack of information. This one just has to be you being a liar. You really think Mourinho and Conte wanted Lacazette as their first choice? and not Lukaku? or even Morata? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oh my God! How do the Arsenal fans on this forum even believe the rubbish crap lies you tell them?? seriously! Are they that stupid??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not know why the Lemar deal is dragging on but Arsenal have made offers, including a very good recent offer. Sometimes, a club chooses not to sell, it is their prerogative.
Again you are missing the point. Without Sanchez and Ozil leaving, please give me your team list and tell me where Lemar will play? The issue is not only from Monaco, the truth is that your club is stalling on the deal because there is no space for Lemar on your squad.
CHAI Danfo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you go take style expose my fellow goons like that in our own forum.....
Hope is the truth
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this danfo kai :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:Arsene Wenger on Per:

Er not so subtle me thinks :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Big rumors that Arsenal accepted a £10 mill bid from Leicester for El Neny but he refused to move ... I mean why would Arsenal want to get rid of Mowho is arguably our best CM after Santi?

Honestly this club is run by misguided idiotas, regardless, if it's true. I mean how can they only get £11 mill for Szcz who has shown his quality in two years at Roma???
That's our gaffer throwing the utility player - no drama dude under the bus for frequently injured midfielders - very weak move - hope he sits tight.
I'm seriously hoping it's fake news or it would just confirm what I already believe in there being a high level of Cognitive Dissonance prevailing at the Emirates when it comes to who is rated and respected and who is not :curse:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wait oh, Chelshyt paid 58 million for Morata?????? :curse: :curse:

Are they nuts in Madrid ??? No way this is true :curse:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Wait oh, Chelshyt paid 58 million for Morata?????? :curse: :curse:

Initial fee of £58m, rising to £70m with add-ons.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... lsea-move/
The £58m will still eclipse Chelsea’s previous record spend of £50m on Fernando Torres in 2011. It is believed the add-ons could see the final fee for Morata rise towards £70m if Chelsea achieve their targets with him.
Good signing. A better footballer than Lukaku, very talented if he settles into the rough and tumble of the EPL, can be a very good player. Do not forget, Conte wanted him at Juve, he signed then Conte left. I always suspected he would end up at Chelski when RM talked themselves out of a deal with ManU.

In the context of the Lukaku and Morata fees, the Lacazette fee appears less wild. Arsenal still have a ton of work to do this window nonetheless.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

anikulapo wrote:Wait oh, Chelshyt paid 58 million for Morata?????? :curse: :curse:

Madrid was trying to punish United for that De Gea fax saga by demanding the highest fee possible, but United left them high and dry again by getting Lukaku.
Now instead of getting 70m that Woodward was offering they must take 58million because Madrid needs money to buy Mbappe, this is what someone has suggested to me, at could be false :biggrin:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
The moment you try to force people to do things they don't want to do. You have lost it.

The same way your employer try to force you to do mandatory OT under the threat of a sacking. The employee will start to look for other place of employment immediately. Sanchez has all of the power. He won't give his best to avoid injury so that he can go on a free transfer in 12 months.
Your example is laughable - as an employer any of my staff unhappy can resign on the spot - you're so deep in this anti-AW thing you're arguing that we allow the club to be bounced into a solution not in their interests - sell to a direct rival.
It's a nonsense to argue Alexis has all the power - the terms of the contract must be met absent of any mutual solutions.
Verratti(PSG to Barca), Neymar - opposite move - PSG & Barca are playing hardball -
Paul George from Indianna to Oklahoma(out of the Eastern conf totally) - NBA
All parties about their own interests.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

He doesn't have the confidence he'd when he arrived @Juve on loan - he barely played @Real which has knocked a lot off his value
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Conte and the folks of Chelshyt have already laid down a marker .... with Bakayoko and Kante to roam in the middle and Willian and Hazard on the flanks, the addition of a poacher like Morata will make them really hard to beat batting injury .... while the mugs at the Emirates think that the likes of Ramshyt, Lead foot Xhacrap, LeCoq and a Crocked Santi are the answer

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:Conte and the folks of Chelshyt have already laid down a marker .... with Bakayoko and Kante to roam in the middle and Willian and Hazard on the flanks, the addition of a poacher like Morata will make them really hard to beat batting injury .... while the mugs at the Emirates think that the likes of Ramshyt, Lead foot Xhacrap, LeCoq and a Crocked Santi are the answer
The grass is always greener over there, isnt it?

A coach replaces:

Costa with Morata

Matic with Bakayoko

And a woman on Cybereagles is bleating. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:

Madrid was trying to punish United for that De Gea fax saga by demanding the highest fee possible, but United left them high and dry again by getting Lukaku.
Now instead of getting 70m that Woodward was offering they must take 58million because Madrid needs money to buy Mbappe, this is what someone has suggested to me, at could be false :biggrin:
Funny enough, i like Morata and I do not like Lukaku, but Lukaku is the better striker! hands down! Lukaku is a finisher and thats what your club needed.

Romelu Lukaku: 168 senior first-team goals, a month after turning 24.

Alvaro Morata: 67 senior first-team goals, 8 months after turning 24.

Ultimately, at the end of the season, we shall see who has the most goals. United did not need a "Skillful striker." With Rashford and Martial, + Zlatan joining in January 2018, what your club needed was a finisher.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

Funny enough, i like Morata and I do not like Lukaku, but Lukaku is the better striker! hands down! Lukaku is a finisher and thats what your club needed.

Romelu Lukaku: 168 senior first-team goals, a month after turning 24.

Alvaro Morata: 67 senior first-team goals, 8 months after turning 24.

Ultimately, at the end of the season, we shall see who has the most goals. United did not need a "Skillful striker." With Rashford and Martial, + Zlatan joining in January 2018, what your club needed was a finisher.

Errrhhhhhhh, did your stats for goals include number of games played???
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.