The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

Reading some few posts here all I can do is :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Are some fans this blind?
Wenger just don't know anymore how to built a solid team again.The last 4 EPL titles I can bet that another coach would have won atleast one title with same players.
How any fans even keep hoping on Santi that will be back in training next year to contribute,i hope that is not Wenger way of thinking oooh.
Wenger knows Sanchez want out and he will accept the 60 million that City is offering or another team.He likely waiting till close to the end of the window sell the player then says the player want out no time to buy replacement.
Why allow players contract run down like this?Funny thing waste pipe players have longer contract than good players at Arsenal.
Juve want Wilshere,will Wenger sell or keep him?
@Danfo e don do biko,calling beloved small club is not a good thing.Chelsea is not a bigger ckub than Arsenal.Go and ask the biggest club in London its beloved.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Makanaky wrote:We need to sell Sanchez soon. We need to then spend that money on someone who actually wants to play for us.
The days of players wanting to play for a club for all the reasons you might like are long gone - gotta play hardball & get the best out of
the contract. Getting caught up in feelings has created the Costa/Chelsea situation.
It's big money - cannot be gullible.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The funny thing is that many people accuse players of only playing up to or beyond their potential when their contracts are about to be up ... in the case of Mezut Ozil we have a player who is rapidly regressing even as his contract nears termination and yet some
Mad people want to give this scrub a bloody Raise :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I mean wetin man no go rad for CE :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

A lot of what we're seeing in football with PSG moves was bound to happen cos of the cowardly way UEFA & FIFA lacked the foresight to put
rules in place that couldn't be exploited. How can one club make from what one reads do deals with one time payments for both Mbappé &
Neymar. This is bad joke - it takes Barca to be shaken for the suits to grow pairs.
They seem to be hoarding players like Abramovich did when he first came to Chelsea.
If ManC are really going to be offering £60m for Alexis - it'll be a move to take us out as contenders - for all his quality, that squad doesn't need
dude.
On the Ox to Chelsea front - our fans & board are so hooked on the sound of money, it's disturbing. We have Jenkinson & Debuchy(ain't no one buying them) & maybe Gabriel as back up to Hector but give Chelsea Ox as competition to Moses - it's either we are ready to compete or we ain't - i am tired of sums being thrown in my face - sums that are gate fees in this transfer market
Kill me with the deal you're offering - player exchange etc not petty sums.
We need Alisher Usmonov
ONE.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Sell Ox for 35M, Buy Aurier for 25M
Sell Sanchez to PSG for 50M, Buy Draxler for 40M.
Everybody goes home happy including *kindperson* Stan

when has Arsenal ever done the "logical"? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Sell Sanchez, sign Sancho for free, pocket the money.
Sell Ox, bring in Wilshere, pocket the money.

And AW will give a press conference and say "Look, we found really strong players..."
We have signed 2 top quality players, if we keep our best players, and it is looking like we will, we are a stronger squad than last season.

That's more than logical footballistically.

I repeat what I said here a few weeks ago. If we can get 25 to 30 games from Wilshere and Santi this season, that will be better than any £80m signing. This is now looking very much on the cards.
A fit Jack Wilshere is now $hit...not good enough. Santi will miss half the season in a best case scenario. Pure management incompetence to pursue this strategy
I have not said Wenger is planning around them. Indeed all evidence suggests he is not. You do not ask a player in your plans for the season to go find a new club like they have with Wilshere. But Wilshere has no takers and Wenger is not the vindictive type to leave Wilshere out in the cold.

I am convinced if Wilshere shows anything close to his real form, he will get games. For me that could be the sort of luck that might make the difference, come May.

Santi in his last update says he will be ready in November if all goes well. So we keep our fingers crossed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:Funny,
I said long time ago that Arsenal won't buy after Laca and the usual suspects Oja, Cally and Waffi had a field day arguing.
The excuses have begun.
They now have reasons to sell our prized assets.
Nothing really changes.
They have already bought after Laca if rumours are correct. His name is Sancho. Remember the name.

Also, I am still hopeful of the Lemar deal. Just be calm, window is 3 weeks away.
....no thanks......
.....I'm still trying to forget the other San.............................................. Sanogo
Whilst you wallow in the cesspit of your negativity, forget Henry, Vieira, Cesc, Bellerin, Iwobi and all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
in your bubble state of wenger nirvana, you have easily forgotten the last time afc won the epl :D
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Sell Ox for 35M, Buy Aurier for 25M
Sell Sanchez to PSG for 50M, Buy Draxler for 40M.
Everybody goes home happy including *kindperson* Stan

when has Arsenal ever done the "logical"? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Sell Sanchez, sign Sancho for free, pocket the money.
Sell Ox, bring in Wilshere, pocket the money.

And AW will give a press conference and say "Look, we found really strong players..."
We have signed 2 top quality players, if we keep our best players, and it is looking like we will, we are a stronger squad than last season.

That's more than logical footballistically.

I repeat what I said here a few weeks ago. If we can get 25 to 30 games from Wilshere and Santi this season, that will be better than any £80m signing. This is now looking very much on the cards.
A fit Jack Wilshere is now $hit...not good enough. Santi will miss half the season in a best case scenario. Pure management incompetence to pursue this strategy
I have not said Wenger is planning around them. Indeed all evidence suggests he is not. You do not ask a player in your plans for the season to go find a new club like they have with Wilshere. But Wilshere has no takers and Wenger is not the vindictive type to leave Wilshere out in the cold.

I am convinced if Wilshere shows anything close to his real form, he will get games. For me that could be the sort of luck that might make the difference, come May.

Santi in his last update says he will be ready in November if all goes well. So we keep our fingers crossed.
let's hope wenger is not out of the title race by october :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

AW doesn't like delegating, better team defense is contender quality - we need that!!!
Titi & Alan speaking truths early in the season - I don't get the philosophy of having our 2 deep midfielders in attack mode so much when we have wingbacks.
When you've a makeshift defense like we did vs LCFC - midfielders ought to seat more - i'll add WBs should attack less in those instances too -
good practice starts now
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:Funny,
I said long time ago that Arsenal won't buy after Laca and the usual suspects Oja, Cally and Waffi had a field day arguing.
The excuses have begun.
They now have reasons to sell our prized assets.
Nothing really changes.
They have already bought after Laca if rumours are correct. His name is Sancho. Remember the name.

Also, I am still hopeful of the Lemar deal. Just be calm, window is 3 weeks away.
....no thanks......
.....I'm still trying to forget the other San.............................................. Sanogo
Whilst you wallow in the cesspit of your negativity, forget Henry, Vieira, Cesc, Bellerin, Iwobi and all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
in your bubble state of wenger nirvana, you have easily forgotten the last time afc won the epl :D
We built a stadium, in that time. I went to Highbury for years, I now go to the Emirates stadium. The stadium has contributed to us not winning league titles but it is worth it.

Only those with an agenda of deceit or are complete and utter fools will ignore the role the stadium has played in financially reducing our ability to compete. Whilst the petro dollars came in. Since we got in some money, we have won 3 trophies in 4 years.

Remember when you claimed Wenger will never win another trophy. Keep trying to pretend he has not won silverware.

I am contemptuous of Wenger outers here and on social media because they are boring and tedious. I no longer take them seriously, instead I enjoy my spot of schadenfreude whislt they drown in the flood of their tears as they get even more bitter and twisted by each day of Wenger being in charge.

I raise a toast to all your unhappiness and misery as Wenger reigns supreme and Arsenal match on to another trophy. Why? You lot are not happy when Arsenal win, instead you all wait for a loss to shout your bile and hate, then what's the point? Go support another team or continue to suffer in a pepertual state of misery.

We won on Friday. It must hurt real bad. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmmm has anyone seen Sisi Yemisi? Nah so this
Arsenal victory pain that Tranny :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

AW doesn't like delegating, better team defense is contender quality - we need that!!!
Titi & Alan speaking truths early in the season - I don't get the philosophy of having our 2 deep midfielders in attack mode so much when we have wingbacks.
When you've a makeshift defense like we did vs LCFC - midfielders ought to seat more - i'll add WBs should attack less in those instances too -
good practice starts now
Shearer a failed Coach now a sage of wisdom. Ridiculous. Do you want to know how well his team defended in the same league? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Henry, but till he coaches and wins something. He is not one to give any coach lectures. He played in Arsenal teams that set out to win games. I saw every game he played at Highbury and all bar 1 at the Emirates with most away from Highbury. In all those games, when we needed to win, our FBs or Wide Backs (as Wenger calls them) went forward.

Also, Leicester play counter attacking football, they do it by defending in numbers, but we want 3 points. You do not win by seating. Leicester had 9 defending, you must have numbers attacking to open the defence. Arsenal's main form of defence was to press high up and in numbers. You cannot do that by seating deep.

We won, but not one word of credit to the Manager. Instead, moans and groans plus ITK coaching sessions from a failed and wannabe Manager.

Credit to Wenger most of all, in trouble he made the moves that won it. His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved. So all this BS about defending does not wash with me.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannot have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

good practice starts now
Shearer a failed Coach now a sage of wisdom. Ridiculous. Do you want to know how well his team defended in the same league? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Henry, but till he coaches and wins something. He is not one to give any coach lectures. He played in Arsenal teams that set out to win games. I saw every game he played at Highbury and all bar 1 at the Emirates with most away from Highbury. In all those games, when we needed to win, our FBs or Wide Backs (as Wenger calls them) went forward.

Also, Leicester play counter attacking football, they do it by defending in numbers, but we want 3 points. You do not win by seating. Leicester had 9 defending, you must have numbers attacking to open the defence. Arsenal's main form of defence was to press high up and in numbers. You cannot do that by seating deep.

We won, but not one word of credit to the Manager. Instead, moans and groans plus ITK coaching sessions from a failed and wannabe Manager.

Credit to Wenger most of all, in trouble he made the moves that won it. His subs (Ramsey and Giroud) plus formation and tactical changes (3-4-3 to 4-4-2) (Ox to RB, Bells to LB, Lacazette, inside left, Ozil 10, Theo Wide Right, then Ramsey running into space Izil vacates etc etc) won him the game.

The man was bold and got exactly what he deserved. So all this BS about defending does not wash with me.
:???: :scared: Are you serious? You are always giving tactical lessons here. Where have coached and what have you won. So only those that have coached and won something can make valid comments about the game?

You don't seem to get it. You think it is just about the Leicester game. Yes Arsenal won but some of us are still seeing the same shortcomings that have plagued the Arsenal for many years still present in the team. From past experience, there will be many games this season when Arsenal will be in a similar situation brought about by these same lapses and they will not win the game. Keep attacking the messenger as you usually do and ignore the message. We all know what will happen to the Arsenal come February.

Personally, the one transfer that would have given me optimism for the new season did not happen: shipping out the manager for someone better. So far all the signs indicate that it will be the same for the Arsenal as it has been for some time now.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

Season has barely started and the whole thing is already so boring. The so-called pundits have their minds made up and agenda set for the season. You watch games and listen to commentary, and wonder whether you're watching the same game as the commentators are. I saw Arsenal concede twice against Leicester, and within 2 minutes of conceding, the pundit was already moaning about Arsenal not having a leader that will ginger the boys to keep fighting. For goodness sakes, that statement made absolutely no sense. The team conceded, and proceeded to restart the game. Was there supposed to be someone screaming at them inside the field, and acting up just cause they conceded a goal? Anyways, when they equalized and went on to win, no pundit came out to talk about leadership again. Once they concede a goal next, the narrative will commence.

Its time for Arsenal fans to think for themselves and make their own minds up. Watch the game and conclude for yourselves. I only respect someone like Robbie Earle with NBC that has shown me, over time, that he has some semblance of balance.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

:???: :scared: Are you serious? You are always giving tactical lessons here. Where have coached and what have you won. So only those that have coached and won something can make valid comments about the game?

You don't seem to get it. You think it is just about the Leicester game. Yes Arsenal won but some of us are still seeing the same shortcomings that have plagued the Arsenal for many years still present in the team. From past experience, there will be many games this season when Arsenal will be in a similar situation brought about by these same lapses and they will not win the game. Keep attacking the messenger as you usually do and ignore the message. We all know what will happen to the Arsenal come February.

Personally, the one transfer that would have given me optimism for the new season did not happen: shipping out the manager for someone better. So far all the signs indicate that it will be the same for the Arsenal as it has been for some time now.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAS THIS NOT THE SAME HYPOCRITE BURNING UP SERVER SPACE LIKE A TEENAGE GIRL AND ATTACKING ARSENAL FANS FOR BEING NEGATIVE ??

OYA UNA DON SEE AM .... WHAT A JOKE OF A HUMAN BEING :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

HYPOCRITE :!: :!: :!:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAS THIS NOT THE SAME HYPOCRITE BURNING UP SERVER SPACE LIKE A TEENAGE GIRL AND ATTACKING ARSENAL FANS FOR BEING NEGATIVE ??

:???: :???: :???: What are you going on about? Must you jump in and write something? Pray tell, where did I attack Arsenal fans for being negative? My only contribution to this thread was when I called you out for being a douche bag. So what am I missing? :???: :???: :???:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

:???: :???: :???: What are you going on about? Must you jump in and write something? Pray tell, where did I attack Arsenal fans for being negative? My only contribution to this thread was when I called you out for being a douche bag. So what am I missing? :???: :???: :???:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

UNA DEY SEE LYING HYPOCRITICAL DOG? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are such confused scum that you can't see your way out of the cesspit you just dug for yourself and then happily crawled into ... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I knew it was only a matter of time for a swine like you to show your true colors :rotf: :rotf:

BOOM!!! It didn't even take that long for you to drop ya pants and expose your self ...

Hypocritical dog :rotf:

Who is the negative Nancy again?

MLK.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannotteNJ7o have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

good practice starts now

You are such confused scum that you can't see your way out of the cesspit you just dug for yourself and then happily crawled into ... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I knew it was only a matter of time for a swine like you to show your true colors :rotf: :rotf:

BOOM!!! It didn't even take that long for you to drop ya pants and expose your self ...

You really have issues o! Stop jumping all over the map and make sense. Try linking your rant to some actual post I made. Douche bag. Unlike you, I neither have a God complex nor a pathological need to be right all the time so your rant makes no sense. Oh yeah, did I mention that you are a douche bag? Douche bag!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Henry: "You cannotteNJ7o have your two holding midfielders bombing forward. At times they will score but you want them to do their job."

good practice starts now

You really have issues o! Stop jumping all over the map and make sense. Try linking your rant to some actual post I made. Douche bag. Unlike you, I neither have a God complex nor a pathological need to be right all the time so your rant makes no sense. Oh yeah, did I mention that you are a douche bag? Douche bag!

PATHETIC DAFT DUMB LOSER:

SO YOU ARE STILL FEIGNING STUPIDITY OR ARE JUST IRREDEEMABLY MORONIC :rotf: :rotf:

Please get lost you pathetic low life scum ... lemme hear you open your stupid mouth ever again ...

SHAMELESS IMBECILE :rotf:

"Don't have a pathological need to be right .."" my nyash, the time you will be right, will be the bloody first time loser!!!

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

In 2044, Alexis Sanchez is still trying to leave Arsenal and Wenger is still the coach.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

SO YOU ARE STILL FEIGNING STUPIDITY OR ARE JUST IRREDEEMABLY MORONIC :rotf: :rotf:

Please get lost you pathetic low life scum ... lemme hear you open your stupid mouth ever again ...

"Don't have a pathological need to be right .."" my nyash, the time you will be right, will be the bloody first time loser!!!
Man child, do you think that screaming will make your incoherent babble true. GTFOH! Douche bag. Mr I-am-the-only-one-that-knows-everything-about-everything. Just so you know douche, I do not care at all if I am never right about the Arsenal, it is just not that important. You on the other hand, we all know you are never wrong about everything. Ode oshi!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Man child, do you think that screaming will make your incoherent babble true. GTFOH! Douche bag. Mr I-am-the-only-one-that-knows-everything-about-everything. Just so you know douche, I do not care at all if I am never right about the Arsenal, it is just not that important. You on the other hand, we all know you are never wrong about everything. Ode oshi!

The only thing pathological is the hypocrite and pathological liar here that continues to wallow in its ignorance .. anyone can be wrong but you have made it your life's calling.

There is a village out there that desperately misses the idiota that makes them all feel better about themselves ... do yourself a favor and kiss a viper, Retard .. get lost :roll:
Last edited by anikulapo on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

I explain tactics, I dont give lessons. I hope you understand the difference. Besides explaining tactics is with hindsight is different to knowing better with hindsight. Henry has his badges, like Shearer but they are not in a position to postulate like they know better than Wenger. Even Henry's observations about the FBs and Midfielders is hypocrisy and I explained why from his playing days under the same Manager.

I write what I see. I do not pretend to know better than the professionals who I always respect even when I disagree.

I stop here for now. You are 'Wenger out', man you lot are beyond ridiculous. I really have no time for you and your ilk. I'm sorry we won. I can see you are hurting.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

good practice starts now

I explain tactics, I dont give lessons. I hope you understand the difference. Besides explaining tactics is with hindsight is different to knowing better with hindsight. Henry has his badges, like Shearer but they are not in a position to postulate like they know better than Wenger. Even Henry's observations about the FBs is hypocrisy and I explained why from his pkaying days under the same Manager.

I write what I see. I do not pretend to know better than the professionals who I always respect even when I disagree.

I stop here for now. My gun needs to be uncorked.
A second rate accountant "explaining" football tactics. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?