The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Disconcerting that Arsenal may partake another trolley dash window, particularly with ever declining Wenger at the helm.

Think Gooners delusional if we think old man Wenger can get anything out of diva like auba. This is more desperation trolley dashing, it won't remotely fix systemic black holes that are Arsenal defense, midfield, GK and Wenger never ending culture of capitulation.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Disconcerting that Arsenal may partake another trolley dash window, particularly with ever declining Wenger at the helm.

Think Gooners delusional if we think old man Wenger can get anything out of diva like auba. This is more desperation trolley dashing, it won't remotely fix systemic black holes that are Arsenal defense, midfield, GK and Wenger never ending culture of capitulation.
People keep mentioning one player after another but the problem is not the players.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

bouncino wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Disconcerting that Arsenal may partake another trolley dash window, particularly with ever declining Wenger at the helm.

People keep mentioning one player after another but the problem is not the players.
the problem is that the players no longer have confidence in the manager.....
contrary to what fake news is coming from the emirates, the fans have lost confidence in the board and the manager
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

realtrouble wrote:
danfo driver wrote: "very low level." Odiegwu! :D
I doubt Arsenal will be interested in taking on a £200k p/w bench warmer to Arsenal.
So who is Arsenal interested in? Lukaku? Hazard? Silva? De Bruyne? Harry Kane? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It usually takes a while, but at some point, you guys will realize your level.

It reminds of the man who was once wealthy, and then loses all his money. yet, he still tries to go to the restaurants he used to eat when he had money. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

realtrouble wrote:
bk-one wrote:Oxlade Chamberlain who was considered to be either useless or stagnant seems to be doing quite well at liverpool. he already scored same amount of goals as he scored for arsenal in 71 games.....that thing called coaching actually works...unlike at the circus where the manager has the audacity to say stuff like this after another circus show...'We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don’t know where they came from', :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2010–2011 Southampton 36 (9)
2011–2017 Arsenal 132 (9)
2017– Liverpool 20 (3)
Is this for real? What was he doing at Arsenal? Just collecting their money and playing ten-ten :scared: Only 9 goals..mesan pere? Something is wrong with that mickey mouse club.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
bk-one wrote:Oxlade Chamberlain who was considered to be either useless or stagnant seems to be doing quite well at liverpool. he already scored same amount of goals as he scored for arsenal in 71 games.....that thing called coaching actually works...unlike at the circus where the manager has the audacity to say stuff like this after another circus show...'We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don’t know where they came from', :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2017– Liverpool 20 (3)
Is this for real? What was he doing at Arsenal? Just collecting their money and playing ten-ten :scared: Only 9 goals..mesan pere? Something is wrong with that mickey mouse club.
They had a counter attacking player playing possession football and expected him to be successful. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2017– Liverpool 20 (3)
I prefer Waffi's stats to this one. Kilometers covered, tackles, dribbles, amount of water/Gatorade drank, and corresponding amount of sweat released. Sideways, forward or back passes, interceptions, etc. All of these will show that he was a MONSTER in Arsenal kit. But ordinary people like us, wey never go Emirates before no fit see am.

Uncle Waffi, I dey joke o....maybe :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

looks like any player worth their salt would never consider AFC a serious team to join......
only castoffs looking to revive their career are now noteworthy......
this is the legacy of a clown of a coach.....
only a new coach with a new direction and vision is the answer
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:looks like any player worth their salt would never consider AFC a serious team to join......
It looks like you are begging to go where the sun dont shine! :D
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:looks like any player worth their salt would never consider AFC a serious team to join......
Sharrap!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2017– Liverpool 20 (3)
I prefer Waffi's stats to this one. Kilometers covered, tackles, dribbles, amount of water/Gatorade drank, and corresponding amount of sweat released. Sideways, forward or back passes, interceptions, etc. All of these will show that he was a MONSTER in Arsenal kit. But ordinary people like us, wey never go Emirates before no fit see am.

Uncle Waffi, I dey joke o....maybe :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:woot: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

It buggles the mind that some people still believe this team will get better anytime soon. The earlier you emotionlessly watch the team, the better for you guys. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Cito wrote:It buggles the mind that some people still believe this team will get better anytime soon. The earlier you emotionlessly watch the team, the better for you guys. :D
It took me long but I managed to detach myself from Arsenal....watching it as if it is comedy is more fun than when watching it with the expectation of seeing a good football match......whats more fun than watching your wingback(AMN), supposedly defensive midfielder(Xhaka) and two centre backs (Chambers and Holding) vacating the whole field whilst trying to block a cross but somehow all 4 of them couldnt :woot: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....and to add more spice to the fun....listen to the elite comedian....Arsene 'richard pryor' Wenger giving a post match interview (I dont know how we conceded 2 goals :rotf: :rotf: what the **** is that...you are a %$#@^& coach for goddamn sake).
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hate to put Droopy Mezut and Alexis in the same category of the likes of Cesc, Viera and Henry, but they all came to Arsenal as cast offs ... and all revived their careers save for the first mentioned sloth :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Arsenal cannot compete for those players.
Arsenal however CAN compete for the best young stars, post-arsine, this will come back. The fact is the club has some allure even with the current struggles. It's not Man United or City but there is something there and the way forward is to embrace that.
Arsene has to go though. The sooner that bridge is crossed, the better for the club.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

realtrouble wrote:
tolahs wrote:
realtrouble wrote:What is the hype about Wiltshire, is it because he is English ? He was very average today and inconsistent. Rumours that Aresenal are closing in on huge £98m double swoop for Malcom and Aubameyang
1st of all Jack has been playing a woo the fanbase game b4 he got really fit - hanging out with ArsenalfanTV regulars etc - he wants a
phat wage on his next contract though we now hear there will be a few bonus clauses to make him earn his keep.
I think his form & fitness have improved - sure not to the levels of the hype.
He played well today - i prefer him as a deep lying midfielder with a DM holding fort - we'd Xhaka today making those Ramsey runs -
our team balance's the issue & as long as AW stays with the madness we'll have a pitiful GD column.
Jack has improve, but he is not top class, he wouldn't be considered by any of the top 6 clubs on a free transfer, on his wage package. I doubt any EPL team will be willing to pay him more than £60k per week. Arsenal need to learn from the expensive contract they gave Walcott.

Xhaka, was responsible for the second goals, ball watching again, he allowed Jordan Ibe to 'Walk' past him
So you at least appreciate why Jack has been ingratiating himself with ArsenafanTV guys, putting out IG pics showing him watching game film at home after matches. It got a little extra when dude starts to tell us about his awesome diet just 6wks in - Novak was several yrs in B4 telling the world about it.
Xhaka's the no.10 for the Swiss national team - his defensive instincts reflect that.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

jdizzy wrote:Curious to see how Lacazette fits in if the Aubameyang rumors are true. Does he get shifted out wide in the Sanchez role or get benched? He had a brilliant season for Lyon playing out wide/support striker with Gomis as the point man
I think Laca will drop for Aubameyang to lead the line....and this will be the case even if AW decides to play 2 upfront. Laca is a better footballer technically. I hope the move comes off, Arsenal are about to become a different proposition altogether going forward with him.

Aubameyang imho is the fastest player off the ball in World football and is also very quick with it. His presence alone will win us 10 -15 extra yards vs. Opposition defenders, and tactically that should give our technicians (Ozil, Malcom?, Xhaka and Wilshere) more space to work and our midfield some breathing space from the pressing of opposition teams.

We are losing Sanchez who is a BEAST of a player, Aubameyang is not as pretty but is a BEAST as well and he is a goal machine.

Arsenal may be late to the party and progress may be slow but some fantastic business is being done in the last 2 transfer windows in and out of the club. It is best to leave moaners to moan, the same people were moaning when we were buying Alexis Sanchez..the same player some clubs now want to pay £30M+for with 6 months left on his contract, though sad for us it shows yet again the club knows how to buy good players and improve them.

I just feel we need that ball winner in midfield, we are too open due to the sort of midfielders we are playing and the shape we have to play them in.
Last edited by Skylolo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To God be the glory
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Skylolo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Curious to see how Lacazette fits in if the Aubameyang rumors are true. Does he get shifted out wide in the Sanchez role or get benched? He had a brilliant season for Lyon playing out wide/support striker with Gomis as the point man
I think Laca will drop for Aubameyang to lead the line....and this will be the case even if AW decides to play 2 upfront. Laca is a better footballer technically. I hope the move comes off, Arsenal are about to become a different proposition altogether going forward with him.

Aubameyang imho is the fastest player off the ball in World football and is also very quick with it. His presence alone will win us 10 -15 extra yards vs. Opposition defenders, and tactically that should give our technicians (Ozil, Malcom?, Xhaka and Wilshere) more space to work and our midfield some breathing space from the pressing of opposition teams.

We are losing Sanchez who is a BEAST of a player, Aubameyang is not as pretty but is a BEAST as well and he is a goal machine.

Arsenal may be late to the party and progress may be slow but some fantastic business is being done in the last 2 transfer windows in and out of the club.

I just feel we need that ball winner in midfield, we are too open due to the sort of midfielders we are playing and the shape we have to play them in.

and Giroud?

In FIFA all these makes sense. But its a world cup year
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

That we need to be aggressive in this window for players gets more obvious by the hr. Seems like no player from ManU wants in & they leak with glee -(it's where we find ourselves). Alexis's agent doesn't do a % of his client's contract (commission)- with ManU willing to offer anything moving + high consulting fees demanded by agent - loyalty & admiration for Pep by Alexis is becoming a distant memory.
We must hold on to Ozil - allowing him to go to ManU giving his chemistry with Alexis will be very detrimental to our cause.
You see Chelsea has brought in Danny Drinkwater to play alongside N'Golo Kanté - those 2 were part of a EPL winning side - great investment
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Arsenal may be late to the party and progress may be slow but some fantastic business is being done in the last 2 transfer windows in and out of the club.

and Giroud?

In FIFA all these makes sense. But its a world cup year
I expect him to probably line up wide left like Titi did when he went to Barca but most of his football will be very close to the other
striker Laca or Oli - he'll be given freedom to roam with the least tracking back responsibility - tactically our non-existent midfield
shield needs to come into play - when our LFBs get healthy - it's imperative Maitland-Niles plays as DM - he helps prevent any FB backing up Auba from being doubled down .
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Mkhitaryan and Ozil for Arsenal.....hmm, these people over at HQ wan kill one jersey buying fan.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”