The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Coach »

And all because Sanchez wants to leave the sinking ship. Brethren, Beloved's tenure at the top of the pops has long since passed, at best, its a 10 second sample during the top ten countdown. More will follow, it is what it is. In all careers, there are those who aspire to achieve the zenith, at times, such dizzying heights can only be accomplished in the right institutions. Arsenal are not that. Top four runners maybe, title contenders, absolutely not. Such dwindling returns may be adequate for the Wilsheres and Ramseys, but there are those who seek medallion like the treasure chest chasing pirates of the Caribbean. The game has changed and simply put, even with the PEAs, Mkhis and all of Popeye's spinach, Beloved is swimming in a sea of irrelevance. Lay your swords down good folk of Cyberia, at ease and let us indulge in the lies and delusion. A blue pill apiece Mr Morpheus and a cold glass of fantasy juice to wash it down.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Wenger should send Sanchez and Welbeck to Man U, and get Martial, Fellaini and Mkhi
Martial is not looking like he will sign a contract. He has 18 months left. He is definitely running down his contract.

ManU, Liverpool etc, all have important players in final years of their contracts but no one mentions a thing. If you follow the press, Arsenal are the only ones with this problem.

I know Agent's, the game is changing right before our eyes. Only a question of time transfer fees will not exist anymore if clubs do not come with a solution. Players now run down contracts by demanding ridiculous wages knowing the rewards of being a free agent is worth their stalling on deals.

Already Arsenal have changed their approach to contracts. They are offering lower basic pay with highly incentivised bonuses. I know this cos of discussions with Agent's. I hear Mikh's basic salary is around £130k per week, but it is highly incentivised to get up to £200k per week depending on him meeting targets. Other clubs will follow suit.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Waffiman wrote:Already Arsenal have changed their approach to contracts. They are offering lower basic pay with highly incentivised bonuses. I know this cos of discussions with Agent's. I hear Mikh's basic salary is around £130k per week, but it is highly incentivised to get up to £200k per week depending on him meeting targets. Other clubs will follow suit.
Yes, this approach will become more common.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I'm pleased that we haven't gone with Malcolm. Arsenal haven't done a great job in nurturing young talent.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I'm pleased that we haven't gone with Malcolm. Arsenal haven't done a great job in nurturing young talent.
If you're buying this re: Malcolm, I have a bridge to sell you in a nice part of Lagos.

It's more likely that Arsenal thinks the asking price is too high for a player they consider a bit 'risky'. Of course the last 'young' winger who they had the chance to do similar with is now in Barcelona. All a matter of perspective.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If you're buying this re: Malcolm, I have a bridge to sell you in a nice part of Lagos.

It's more likely that Arsenal thinks the asking price is too high for a player they consider a bit 'risky'. Of course the last 'young' winger who they had the chance to do similar with is now in Barcelona. All a matter of perspective.
Arsenal already have more than enough young twenty something that can do what Malcolm is doing in France. It is time to get the best out of the likes of Reiss Nelson, Iwobi, Maitland-Niles, Chris Willock and Nketiah.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:If you're buying this re: Malcolm, I have a bridge to sell you in a nice part of Lagos.

Spot on. According to the French press, Arsenal had their Chief negotiator on this deal. Bordeaux are not accepting Arsenal's value for the player and vice versa.

Arsenal are not desperate for young Wide Forwards. Rene Adelaide has just return from his career threatening injury, (He is one I rate highly) there is Iwobi and Reiss Nelson too. If one of this 2 make it, the club is in a healthy situation. My guess is they wanted to steal a match on the other clubs for the player.

For me, Niles moves to CM to replace Coquelin. I also hear rumours the club wants to move Elneny on for top quality replacement in the summer. Also rumoured Ramsey contract talks seems to be progressing well, but Welbeck rejected his contract offer of the same terms. He wants higher basic pay and talks have been called off for now, it is rumoured. For me, if Arsenal still want Lemar like it is rumoured, I think Welbeck will be moved on too.

Rumours of Arsenal still looking for an experienced CD that organises the defence. Evans still being touted. If Arsenal sign a CD, Mikh and Aubemeyang, they have given themselves a good shot at top 4.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:If you're buying this re: Malcolm, I have a bridge to sell you in a nice part of Lagos.

Spot on. According to the French press, Arsenal had their Chief negotiator on this deal. Bordeaux are not accepting Arsenal's value for the player and vice versa.

Arsenal are not desperate for young Wide Forwards. Rene Adelaide has just return from his career threatening injury, (He is one I rate highly) there is Iwobi and Reiss Nelson too. If one of this 2 make it, the club is in a healthy situation. My guess is they wanted to steal a match on the other clubs for the player.

For me, Niles moves to CM to replace Coquelin. I also hear rumours the club wants to move Elneny on for top quality replacement in the summer. Also rumoured Ramsey contract talks seems to be progressing well, but Welbeck rejected his contract offer of the same terms. He wants higher basic pay and talks have been called off for now, it is rumoured. For me, if Arsenal still want Lemar like it is rumoured, I think Welbeck will be moved on too.

Rumours of Arsenal still looking for an experienced CD that organises the defence. Evans still being touted. If Arsenal sign a CD, Mikh and Aubemeyang, they have given themselves a good shot at top 4.
Do you remember when you danced janskelebe and you told us that El Neny had arrived and he will dominate? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

LOL
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Wenger is a gentleman....especially after setting his sights on any compensation coming from Man U :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

If na Mourinho now, he go torpedo the deal that might remotely favor Arsenal, consequences be damned.

If na me be Wenger, I go just scatter the deal last minute just to spite Mourinho :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Send him to City on a wink-wink/nod-nod yeye deal, oreven worse, call Conte ask him for Fabregas and Batshuayi for Sanchez.

But I no be Wenger sha...
See this yeye village chief with poor man stronghead :lol: :lol:
Look there are some money that if you spite you are only spiting yourself. Go and ask Louis van Gaal who thought he was 'spiting' United by making them pay the full term of his contract after they fired him (he pain am so tay he conveniently forgot about all the boys he fired as United manager :lol: :lol: ) and lost the opportunity to move on with another job & new challenge forgetting that United can conveniently pay him and his entire lineage for several years without batting an eyelid :D :D
United's money will always help Arsenal and hope they spread the joy to those hardworking and long-suffering boys wearing the jersey under super intense pressure week in week out.
You miss the point. As with all of these contracts, there is the compensatory figure, and the contractual figure. If the compensatory figure on the table is not acceptable to LVG, ManU must pay up his contract in full.

The only way LVG will quit ManU's payroll is if another club gives him a job as lucrative as his ManU contract. I do not see that happening, so he will continue to be on ManU's payroll for the duration of the contract.
I don’t know about your point that was missed and I really don’t you have correct information on Man Utd/LVG contract termination details. The point I was making is that you keep your emotion in check in situations like this. Spiting Mourinho should not be your primary consideration and that’s what LVG figured out - he was quoted as saying he made a stupid decision. Apparently he couldn’t pick another job until the end of his contract with Man United as he went for the jugular to make United pay -
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 60126.html
I am not disagreeing, just adding caveats in what is usually a fraught situation. LVG was treated shabbily, but my guess is he would have preferred not to be on gardening leave had ManU's compensation been as good enough.

In effect ManU has LVG on gardening leave. My point being, it is business. If a club out there want him and can afford it, they will sort out the current situation with ManU. It is a money thing.

What LVG does not disclose is the salary that came with Belgium job. The salary is said to be a basic of half a million going up to £750,000. Van Gaal was due a compensation settlement of £5m to £6m, if reports are to be believed. What we do not know is what ManU offered. But he says he turned it down cos he wanted revenge.

I know LVG talks of the sporting chance missed. It is all well and good saying that now, I maintain, if the salary for the Belgium was half the amount of the ManU compensation, he accepts the job and there will be no talk of revenge.

Now compare and contrast with Martinez the man who got the Belgium job. He was sacked with 3 yrs left of his Everton contract worth £12m. He settled for just over £10m immediate cash payment. For Martinez, taking the Belgium job was perfect, he has all that cash in his bank account, so the sporting chance was his ultimate goal to rebuild his career.

ManU don't want LVG on their pay roll, it is a massive waste to them. So if something comes up, they will gladly be rid of him. But LVG is a man with a huge ego and he cannot be seen to have been shafted in the financial side after been shafted out of his job.

Just my opinion.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
ManU don't want LVG on their pay roll, it is a massive waste to them. So if something comes up, they will gladly be rid of him. But LVG is a man with a huge ego and he cannot be seen to have been shafted in the financial side after been shafted out of his job.

Just my opinion.
You seem to be speaking quite a lot with Ed Woodward. :lol: I guess no one likes to pay a past employee salary. However, if you think this is more than a little nuisance to United, then good luck on that. United's is presently valued at $2.23 billion and reported record revenues of £581m for the 2017 financial year, significantly more than anything Arsenal has ever seen. You think a measly LvG salary bothers them? Not to speak of the fact that Arsenal spent 16 million on Welbeck/Chambers and are going to lose on those investments when they sell both players. Or the 60 million Arsenal lost for not selling Sanchez last summer? If we want to speak of massive waste, I can also speak about the investment in Debuchy. A salaried player who rarely plays a game.

anyway, just my opinion. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Reading stuff elsewhere & came across the article below:

Marko Grujic: Liverpool midfielder must play 14 games at Cardiff City

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock says new loan signing Marko Grujic must play in at least 14 games this season, otherwise the Bluebirds will be "financially punished" by Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42744447

-------------------------------
I really like the blueprint Liverpool have put forward here - we must copy. Often manager A brings in a player, if he loses the gig - said player becomes victim to plans of Manager B. We saw that with Vela(WBA) & now Cohen Bramall @BirmighamFC came in with Redknapp as gaffer - Harry lost the gig & Cohen is played something like 180mins 1/2 way thru the season.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Just my opinion.
You seem to be speaking quite a lot with Ed Woodward. :lol: I guess no one likes to pay a past employee salary. However, if you think this is more than a little nuisance to United, then good luck on that. United's is presently valued at $2.23 billion and reported record revenues of £581m for the 2017 financial year, significantly more than anything Arsenal has ever seen. You think a measly LvG salary bothers them? Not to speak of the fact that Arsenal spent 16 million on Welbeck/Chambers and are going to lose on those investments when they sell both players. Or the 60 million Arsenal lost for not selling Sanchez last summer? If we want to speak of massive waste, I can also speak about the investment in Debuchy. A salaried player who rarely plays a game.

I ain't 'tryna' intrude but -

Louis van Gaal reveals he turned down Belgium job to get revenge on 'mean and low' Manchester United

Louis van Gaal has admitted he turned down the chance to manage Belgium so that he could continue to receive compensation for being sacked by Manchester United.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -mean-low/
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

exactly.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Ornstein just clarified what Plat said...it's all about the money/price for Malcolm. On the other hand, Arsenal has to think carefully, and weigh the asking price vs potential contributions/future sale price. Man U made out like bandits with CRon...ditto Liverpool with Suarez and Coutinho. Fortune favors the brave...

PS* I dont know anything about this Malcolm
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
If another big club as rumoured is willing to do the deal - are they offering a player cos if we can get anything close to Mkhitaryan's quality & another agent - i'll say do the deal.
Alexis is costing ManU hell in the overall package & he brings wage inflation to that club but if Chelsea gave up on Lukaku cos of this agent - I can understand why.

Last edited by tolahs on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Just my opinion.

Talking about your opinion...what about Mustafi for 30-something million, and Xhaka for 40 million?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Already Arsenal have changed their approach to contracts. They are offering lower basic pay with highly incentivised bonuses. I know this cos of discussions with Agent's. I hear Mikh's basic salary is around £130k per week, but it is highly incentivised to get up to £200k per week depending on him meeting targets. Other clubs will follow suit.
Yes, this approach will become more common.
Common, a club in North London has been using it for a very long time. That is why they have a low wage bill. Goons trying to pretend like they invent things :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Doesn't an agent work for the player or is it the other way around with Raiola?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Doesn't an agent work for the player or is it the other way around with Raiola?
The boss must always be the player but roles look reversed here - this agent like Suge Knight is all about his
own agenda - he pushed the player to JM's ManU in the 1st place when Arsenal thought they had him - he's now trying to use this opp
to muscle in our biz - the video below says we pay 7% to agents but this guy will demand more.
Zlatan will leave ManU but trust he'll raise hell for Pogba & Lukaku's wages matching Alexis - says a lot when Chelsea walks away from
dealing with dude.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

:clap: :agree: Dembele was there in France and we miss out.But Oga Plat how good is this kid Malcolm as i have never watch him and hate to judge players from youtube.