The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by kajifu »

Na wa ooooh,so because of Stoke game everyone now calling him mad man,arrogant disrespectful etc what else is new now?SMH
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:Na wa ooooh,so because of Stoke game everyone now calling him mad man,arrogant disrespectful etc what else is new now?SMH
Thats exactly the reason..he did not do that against Leicester or Manshitty - he decided to play experiment against stoke because he thought they were a pushover.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:Well articulated, Waffi. That game left me speechless per Wenger's selections. Adding to your points, why sub Sead and leave off color bellerin at LB? Why remove Lacazette and leave Welbeck on? As far as I'm concerned right now, it's either Danny goes for deliverance, or he should be sold. No use making wonderful runs without any production.

Why leave Ozil on the pitch after that performance? Then, Xhaka and Ramsey were simply having a laugh. If Xhaka gives away the ball to any opponent again, he should be dropped. It's frustrating.
My brother abeg nor mention the subs. Dat na wen you want make my blood boil. :curse: :curse:

Wenger was truly a mad professor that became clueless last Saturday.

Stop thinking like CE Natives. AW knows!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:I watched the U-23 game. Wilshere looked quite sharp, and laid a nice assist for Reece. Nelson and Nketiah both got 2 goals each. Both are super talented youngsters that are on the fringes of the main team. Holding played OK in defence as well. Willock played as an unorthodox deep lying mid, and played very well. City have got 2 naija boys that can ball.
Spot on analysis. As with London, Manchester has a large Naija community, City and ManU have riches in talent from there.

I obviously do not know how Holding came out of the Leicester game and Wenger has all the information so I temper my criticisms accordingly, but I am still frustrated with Wenger for not playin Holding (he was not even in the squad) or even Chambers against Stoke.

Why? Playing one of them in their natural position would have been far better than playing 5 of your back line out of position and giving a better balance to our defence. I cannot understand why Wenger would go to a ground as difficult as Stoke playing 5 players out of position in defence. Why try to fit 5 square pegs in 5 round holes?

Are we that desperate to keep the Ox that we shift the whole back line to accommodate him? He was the only one who played where he has been playing of late and it is arguable if it is his right position. I argue Wenger played Ox there to protect him cos he has been poor and inconsistent but shifted the rest out of position as a consequence.

If my guess is correct, why not bench the player and if he is not happy, get rid. We have decent money now, we no longer need to keep inconsistent players happy, we need to move on and start behaving like a club that wants to win at any cost. Surely we can do better or we will just mess up the squad rebuilding process with politics and economics. But then, I could be wrong. Maybe Wenger was just arrogant and felt he will win no matter who plays in defence.

The choices in the back line was the main reason we lost. Wenger got away with makeshift back lines against Chelsea and Leicester. But against Stoke he took the unnecessary decision to make the backline worse than when we played the first 2 games and we paid the price. Every player in that backline was played out of position. That was barmy - madness of a mad and arrogant professor with no respect for the opposition cos he had an air of superiority in the playing abilities of his players and football brought him down to earth with a dirty slap by issuing him a loss and serious grief.

Wenger gave a poor Stoke team a chance by playing that ridiculous backline and they took it. Look at the winning goal. Xhaka (who now thinks he is Zidane or something is letting the praising of his recent performances get to his head) stupidity (for the 3rd time in the game) gave the ball away needlessly without pressure. The positions of key Arsenal players including the defence was not hopeless when the ball was given away. The goal was preventable if the players did their jobs properly.

First Ozil did not do enough (that is not acceptable and I am glad he was called out by Keown and Gerrard) to try and stop the counter initially. Then Montreal playing hoplessly out of position was exposed. He hesitated instead of matching Jesse's run, that was key. A proper CD in that position by instinct knows to follow the run looking to block the angle of the shot towards goal. If Mustafi was in the middle, the chances are Jesse does not score. But Monreal is no CD and he defended accordingly.

Wenger's talked about the quality of our game and he looked to use this quality to defend by keeping possession but we all know, you still need defend cos all it takes is one moment of ill discipline or lack of concentration. We paid when this moment came.

But as football has its way of paying you back when you arrogant, not take heed and respect your opposition, events can conspire to go against you. Wenger would have been confident of his team scoring at least 2 goals and on any other day, they should have scored 2 or more goals. But Arsenal did not play as well as they have done in the opposition's final 3rd in that game?

When they put it together, the officials made sure they did not score with some terrible decisions. But that's the way the cookie crumbles at times in this game and the Manager must take the majority of responsibility for the Stoke loss.

The moral of the story Arsene is, if you played Kolasinac at LB, Monreal at the left side if the 3, Mustafi in the middle of the 3, Holding or Chambers on the right of the 3 with Bellerin at RB. We had a great chance of winning or getting a draw. I am not saying we would not have lost but we will never know.
That will be IMPERSONATION. Why do you want Arsenal to impersonate a club that is serious about winning something :tic:
3 major trophies in 4 years and I want more. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Like we whoop your team in the FA Cup final, I now want us to beat them to everything. You dey fear. No worry, we don arrive, small money wey we get now don show una pepper, as you know only too well. I complain because I want more. Get use to it, it is what winning brings. More expectations. 8-) 8-)
Major??? FA Cup only gets you Europa League qualification. That is your current level now! EPL is way beyond Arsenal. Only deluded Arsenal fans will even dream of EPL trophy. Stoke may win EPL before Arsenal. If you don't believe me, just look at Leicester City :tic:

Hopefully, Arsenal will win the CL in your lifetime but I seriously doubt it :tic:

Serious about winning and Arsenal in the same sentence :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffi, who is this guy?

Juventus are eyeing a move for Arsenal starlet Marcus McGuane to become their “new Paul Pogba”
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Wafoolishman, I thought you promised us Jadon Poncho Villa, abi na Sancho? Seems he has chosen Spurs above Arsenal. Wetin happen?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Seri is now available as Barca have surprisingly pulled the plug on the deal. Everyone knows the price of business...close the damn deal to bring him to the Emirates! Our central midfield is simply not good enough
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

jdizzy wrote:Seri is now available as Barca have surprisingly pulled the plug on the deal. Everyone knows the price of business...close the damn deal to bring him to the Emirates! Our central midfield is simply not good enough

Dude. Its arsenal.They will never do that. Arsene already said he is satisfied with arsenal's transfer dealings this summer. A serious team is gonna sign him, not that stubborn old man
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

bk-one wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Seri is now available as Barca have surprisingly pulled the plug on the deal. Everyone knows the price of business...close the damn deal to bring him to the Emirates! Our central midfield is simply not good enough

Dude. Its arsenal.They will never do that. Arsene already said he is satisfied with arsenal's transfer dealings this summer. A serious team is gonna sign him, not that stubborn old man
Shame but you are right. No brainer deal for serious clubs which does not include Arsenal any more
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Meanwhile what is with all the speculation about Mustafi going to Italy. Is he unsettled at Arsenal/London?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

jdizzy wrote:Meanwhile what is with all the speculation about Mustafi going to Italy. Is he unsettled at Arsenal/London?

let him go...and take Wenger with him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:Wafoolishman, I thought you promised us Jadon Poncho Villa, abi na Sancho? Seems he has chosen Spurs above Arsenal. Wetin happen?

Waffi owes us an explanation, if true. I was already watching the boy's clips, wasting valuable time :oops: :oops: :oops: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Meanwhile what is with all the speculation about Mustafi going to Italy. Is he unsettled at Arsenal/London?

And replace him with who 1 week before the deadline? See how Vardy mugged us playing 2 LBs in central defence?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not unsettled just sh*t.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

jdizzy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

And replace him with who 1 week before the deadline? See how Vardy mugged us playing 2 LBs in central defence?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wenger didn't see it as 'mugging'.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:
Not unsettled just sh*t.
Coachitto what are the expectation you have for beloved?
Will Klopper open yash this sunday for Mugabe-Wenger ?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:I watched the U-23 game. Wilshere looked quite sharp, and laid a nice assist for Reece. Nelson and Nketiah both got 2 goals each. Both are super talented youngsters that are on the fringes of the main team. Holding played OK in defence as well. Willock played as an unorthodox deep lying mid, and played very well. City have got 2 naija boys that can ball.

We don get Sancho from Man City? Waffi promised us that boy o.
Did I? Try another one. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The operative word is "rumours". Get it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wenger didn't see it as 'mugging'.
He saw it as a great tactical display ewu the goat Wenger!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rumours are Arsenal are considering good offers for Mustafi and Oxlade. Also rumours claim Arsenal in negotiations Virgil Van Dyke.

But same rumours also say Mustafi will not be sold if they can somehow sell Chambers who like the Ox, has refused Arsenal's contract offer and wants to run down his contract.

Also rumours of Lemar talks again.

If rumours are correct, Arsenal will lose minimum 6 players before window closes. Things are hotting up everywhere and there will be lots happening.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Campbell who demanded a loan move last summer now insisting he wants to stay. He too is running down is contract.

Looks like Chambers will be going nowhere this window. Reports of groin injury. He will not pass a medical. Theysay he will be fit after the Int break.

Mustafi rumours real, wages and money offered to Agent are rumoured to be why his Agent is agitating.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:
Rumours are Arsenal are considering good offers for Mustafi and Oxlade. Also rumours claim Arsenal in negotiations Virgil Van Dyke.

But same rumours also say Mustafi will not be sold if they can somehow sell Chambers who like the Ox, has refused Arsenal's contract offer and wants to run down his contract.

If rumours are correct, Arsenal will lose minimum 6 players before window closes. Things are hotting up everywhere and there will be lots happening.
Don't blame the players. Absolute clusterfccuk management by Ivan and Wenger. They both need to be fired
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:Campbell who demanded a loan move last summer now insisting he wants to stay. He too is running down is contract.

Looks like Chambers will be going nowhere this window. Reports of groin injury. He will not pass a medical. Theysay he will be fit after the Int break.

Mustafi rumours real, wages and money offered to Agent are rumoured to be why his Agent is agitating.
Mustafi agent must be crazy,why wait till this close to demand move when he could have done so during confederation cup.Hope Wenger can steady the ship for good.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Don't blame the players. Absolute clusterfccuk management by Ivan and Wenger. They both need to be fired
Bros Wenger can't get fired unless fans forced him out with serious protest at emirate and in training ground.
Lets hope he keep the club in a good position before he retired, I am not talking about him win any major troiphies like EPL and CL as I don't see that happening.