The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

realtrouble wrote:Right now, how many Arsenal players will get into this current Spurs squad. We have some of the highest wages for some of the most average players. The team need to be overhauled.
What say you now? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Where is sisi Yemisi and old age Gooner1? Arsenal won we no see their bearing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by ojafranpa on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
He knows what's up. He will score tons of goals for Arsenal.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Abeg wey Tolah? Hope you see what i meant when i talk of "disciplined play" by Xhaka and Ramsey? Hope you saw how they covered for both Kola and Bell whenever these two overlap? Hope you saw how they both don't go galloping forward at the same time? Hope you saw one of them remains in the center when the other drifts out left or right to cover? Hope you saw how their disciplined positional play limited the space available for Spuds in the midfield and thus making it impossible for Spuds to have a foothold in this match? And hope you saw how all these liberated MLS in their play?

That's exactly what i mean. Now you see how crucial these two are to our performance this season.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

My Son to His Father- Anikuyeye:

Bellerin - Ozil makes everything so much easier

18 Nov 2017

The Germany playmaker claimed the 45th assist of his Arsenal career when setting up Shkodran Mustafi’s opener, and made more key passes than anyone on the pitch at Emirates Stadium.

Hector Bellerin spoke about Ozil’s influential performance, beating Tottenham and setting the bar high after the game:

on whether he’s ever seen Ozil play better in an Arsenal shirt…
Mesut is someone who gets a lot of criticism, but the players who are around him are very happy to have him and play with him. He makes things easy for you. People sometimes talk about his body language, but he gives everything for this shirt. The players who play around him know that he makes everything so much easier.

on beating Spurs…
It feels really good. We’ve been working really hard over the past week. Obviously we had people going to play internationals and playing for their lives ahead of the World Cup, so it’s been a hard few days. We’ve done really well and we’ve shown what we’ve worked on. I’m proud and very pleased for everyone.

on whether that’s the standard we have to hit every week…
Of course. That’s what we’re trying to do. Sometimes, for different reasons, we haven’t been able to do it, but this is how we set the bar and show what potential we have. That’s what we’ve got to work hard to do every single week, week in, week out.

on whether we approached this as the most important game of the season…
After a tough start, we were building up really well with good results. There’s always a lot of talk but I think it was one of those games where we showed what we could do. We shut some mouth as well. There are people who talk a lot and now, after watching that game at home, they’ll be thinking that these guys have a chance.

on whether the talk of a power shift in the build-up hurt a bit…
Not at all. You have to talk on the pitch, not in the media. That’s how we do it.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

[/video]

AW on fire in the Press conf after the game.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:[/video]

AW on fire in the Press conf after the game.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:Abeg wey Tolah? Hope you see what i meant when i talk of "disciplined play" by Xhaka and Ramsey? Hope you saw how they covered for both Kola and Bell whenever these two overlap? Hope you saw how they both don't go galloping forward at the same time? Hope you saw one of them remains in the center when the other drifts out left or right to cover? Hope you saw how their disciplined positional play limited the space available for Spuds in the midfield and thus making it impossible for Spuds to have a foothold in this match? And hope you saw how all these liberated MLS in their play?

That's exactly what i mean. Now you see how crucial these two are to our performance this season.
Spot on Azuka.

Spare a thought for all of the pundits who have just watched 90 minutes of their favourite team chasing the shadow of one of their biggest targets, Mesut Ozil.

Ozil took the whole efffing Spuds midfield to school today.

It was a pleasure to watch. :clap: :clap: :clap:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:Abeg wey Tolah? Hope you see what i meant when i talk of "disciplined play" by Xhaka and Ramsey? Hope you saw how they covered for both Kola and Bell whenever these two overlap? Hope you saw how they both don't go galloping forward at the same time? Hope you saw one of them remains in the center when the other drifts out left or right to cover? Hope you saw how their disciplined positional play limited the space available for Spuds in the midfield and thus making it impossible for Spuds to have a foothold in this match? And hope you saw how all these liberated MLS in their play?

Da heck u talking 'bout. if there's a proponent for ball pressure on this forum - i am in the mix - i beat that topic to death - w/o intense closing down by the front 3 supported by the rest of the team compared to the disjointed effort @Manc - our central midfield will be sitting ducks - Xhaka is #10 for the Swiss - It ain't Ramsey's game to sit - just the same way Real Madrid tonight(Diff formation) know
they need Casemiro to support Kroos & Modric.
If Coq & Elneny ain't trusted enough for the gig, Maitland-Niles should be given a shot.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:

Da heck u talking 'bout. if there's a proponent for ball pressure on this forum - i am in the mix - i beat that topic to death - w/o intense closing down by the front 3 supported by the rest of the team compared to the disjointed effort @Manc - our central midfield will be sitting ducks - Xhaka is #10 for the Swiss - It ain't Ramsey's game to sit - just the same way Real Madrid tonight(Diff formation) know
If Coq & Elneny ain't trusted enough for the gig, Maitland-Niles should be given a shot.
Arsenal did not play the high octane pressing game you seem to be suggesting they did. I was in that stadium, I saw selective high pressing at moments when it suited the team, they did not press all the time, the team dropped off setting their defensive stall from midfield when it was necessary. Arsenal, unlike Spuds did not play the high line press game only. They mixed it, so your analysis is bereft of reality. It was a mix of tactics when defending from the front. I do not know what you watched, but what I saw in that stadium is not this all out pressing game you are banging on about.

BTW! You are not going to even try to pretend we were a pressing team in the 2nd half.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We must now in light of results around us strive for consistency - i've thought for a long time that we were overlooking a necessary weapon to help win games - aggressive ball pressing - it serves ball possession teams well - we need to have that as part of our game from youth teams.
We've invested in state of the Art recovery facilities & keep improving our fitness/medical staff - give them something to do - we're the most rested of all EPL teams involved in Euro-footie as it's.
As for Spurs, seems to me Pochettino took a punt as anyone would in a derby by playing not quite fit Ali & Kane, i suspected given the heavy lifting Erilsen did for Denmark vs Ireland he'll struggle - Watching Eric Dier bust his gut for country vs Brazil - intense ball pressure by our front 3 was hell. They've got CL maybe a struggling Dortmund(who played Friday) but fatigue & injuries is getting about that squad - hope our Europa guys play like the 1st team did today on Thurs.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:

Spot on Azuka.

Spare a thought for all of the pundits who have jus
t watched 90 minutes of their favourite team chasing the shadow of one of their biggest targets, Mesut Ozil.

And now with no Ozil to bash and Arsenal to critize theirs newspapers won't sell much. Neither will there be enough traffic to their blog sites. Sorry for them.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

SylverEagles wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Lee is not wrong.
Oh no he did not!! :shock: :shock: He better watch out for Waffi and his gang. Is Dixon a drunk too? Or fought with Wenger in the past? :twisted: :twisted:
BTW! I just saw this. Just like Lee will say this to Wenger's face, we the fans that have known him from his playing days and support the Manager have told Lee to his face, he is wrong and why? Football has changed a lot since he played and we let him know that. We all have opinions and agree to disagree. Nothing spoil, cos we are all Gooners.

We have got in touch with Lee to explain today's defending and his thoughts. Don't get carried away, we are no longer interested in his criticisms, just his assessment of today's game.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:How many Arsenal players would make it into Toto’s starting 11?

Alexis, KOS, Bellerin, Iwobi over Alli ....

Ozil, the Greatest#10 in the world? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What has Spuds won?
At least the last London derby. Your question smacks on someone who keep singing the same tune to get out of a jam. There's 3 points to be won. There's European places to be decided. There's bragging rights to be had and yes there's also trophies to be won. A lot of mini battles in a big war

Are you sure you're not that arsenal supporter Tay or whatever his name is? :tic:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ojafranpa wrote:Where is sisi Yemisi and old age Gooner1? Arsenal one we no see their bearing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Won
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:

Spot on Azuka.

Spare a thought for all of the pundits who have just watched 90 minutes of their favourite team chasing the shadow of one of their biggest targets, Mesut Ozil.

Waffi:
re, Ozil, I don't blame the pundits. While we celebrate his excellent performance today, we should be demanding (or at least requesting), that he puts in shifts like this, as he is capable of doing. Kos and Mustafi were also outstanding, and Xhaka + Ramsey maintained discipline, though Ramsey sometimes leaves his brains behind.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

All this talk of demanding Ozil to work hard like he did today etc....just shows most people watch the games with their pre conceived views clouding their assessment. Ozil's defensive stats today - distance covered, tackles attempted, successful tackles etc don't differ much from the usual he produces from game to game.

Every man and his dog is shouting today that Ozil worked hard for 2 reasons:

- Arsenal played well today as a team especially defensively - were compact, pressed in a coordinated way and made no defensive mistakes

and secondly but sadly for many sheepish fans

- The pundits have focused on Ozil today and decided to show everyone how he is working hard. Something they will not mention or point out when Arsenal are having a bad day

Anybody who disagrees should pull up Ozil's Arsenal career averages, or even this season averages and compare them to this game.

Led by the agenda driven press this player has been nothing but a scapegoat for everything wrong at Arsenal,every player has good and bad days but in his time here Ozil has pulled his weight and the Stats have shown over the years he works harder than most of his equivalents at rival clubs....Silva, Hazard, Coutinho etc...
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Arsenal did not play the high octane pressing game you seem to be suggesting they did.
I was in that stadium, I saw selective high pressing at moments when it suited the team, they did not press all the time, the team dropped off setting their defensive stall from midfield when it was necessary. Arsenal, unlike Spuds did not play the high line press game only. They mixed it, so your analysis is bereft of reality. It was a mix of tactics when defending from the front. I do not know what you watched, but what I saw in that stadium is not this all out pressing game you are banging on about.

BTW! You are not going to even try to pretend we were a pressing team in the 2nd half.
You've chosen for your own obvious reasons to make stmts based on self-serving facts. That's Donald-childish - you've got to be better than that - the thing about the stadium reminds me of geezers in 9ja who like to brag about Chieftaincy titles - you might feel some sorta coronation's due for being @theemirates - but on the real - There's a disconnect(Hov's voice) - so unnecessary.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Where is sisi Yemisi and old age Gooner1? Arsenal one we no see their bearing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Won
Thank you oga...typo.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Skylolo wrote:All this talk of demanding Ozil to work hard like he did today etc....just shows most people watch the games with their pre conceived views clouding their assessment. Ozil's defensive stats today - distance covered, tackles attempted, successful tackles etc don't differ much from the usual he produces from game to game.

- Arsenal played well today as a team especially defensively - were compact, pressed in a coordinated way and made no defensive mistakes

- The pundits have focused on Ozil today and decided to show everyone how he is working hard. Something they will not mention or point out when Arsenal are having a bad day

Anybody who disagrees should pull up Ozil's Arsenal career averages, or even this season averages and compare them to this game.

Led by the agenda driven press this player has been nothing but a scapegoat for everything wrong at Arsenal,every player has good and bad days but in his time here Ozil has pulled his weight and the Stats have shown over the years he works harder than most of his equivalents at rival clubs....Silva, Hazard, Coutinho etc...
Making sense as usual. The excessive and particularly irritating hounding of Ozil by these collection of ex-players called pundits just makes me not bother. I read some mof these people like Bellamy severely criticize Ozil for his game against England, while calling Loftus-Cheek the real deal, only for me to watch the game and see Mesut assist the German goal with a lovely sublime pass. I then watched the game for several more minutes, and saw he hardly put a foot wrong. I then wondered why Bellamy would choose to single out Ozil to blame for the only goal the English team scored.

You come on this forum to read and enjoy some real fan talk, only to see ceaseless childish tantrums about Ozil every game whether he plays well or not. One just moves on and finds something else to read.

Like you rightly said, this guy has played like this for Arsenal many times, but people simply choose the narrative that suits their agenda. One thing I love about Ozil is that he does try to ignore these people, and simply do what he can.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Cally wrote:
Skylolo wrote:All this talk of demanding Ozil to work hard like he did today etc....just shows most people watch the games with their pre conceived views clouding their assessment. Ozil's defensive stats today - distance covered, tackles attempted, successful tackles etc don't differ much from the usual he produces from game to game.

Making sense as usual. The excessive and particularly irritating hounding of Ozil by these collection of ex-players called pundits just makes me not bother. I read some mof these people like Bellamy severely criticize Ozil for his game against England, while calling Loftus-Cheek the real deal, only for me to watch the game and see Mesut assist the German goal with a lovely sublime pass. I then watched the game for several more minutes, and saw he hardly put a foot wrong. I then wondered why Bellamy would choose to single out Ozil to blame for the only goal the English team scored.

You come on this forum to read and enjoy some real fan talk, only to see ceaseless childish tantrums about Ozil every game whether he plays well or not. One just moves on and finds something else to read.

Like you rightly said, this guy has played like this for Arsenal many times, but people simply choose the narrative that suits their agenda. One thing I love about Ozil is that he does try to ignore these people, and simply do what he can.
:shock: :???: The game was goalless. Every other thing you wrote was on point though.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

ojafranpa wrote:
realtrouble wrote:Right now, how many Arsenal players will get into this current Spurs squad. We have some of the highest wages for some of the most average players. The team need to be overhauled.
What say you now? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Winning the North London Derby is not an indication of the quality of the squad. Where is the consistency in the team, this is the same squad that will lose to Watford and Westbrom and then beat Spurs like they stole something.

It is their inconsistency over the whole season that will undermine Arsenal, as it always does, followed by the inability to retain top quality players.
Last edited by realtrouble on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.