The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:Can't believe L'Arse will sell to a PL rival again....What are they smoking at the Emirates? When will they learn?
Raheem Sterling!!!

Poor example. LFC did not want to sell. Arsenal have a history of wanting to sell..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:Can't believe L'Arse will sell to a PL rival again....What are they smoking at the Emirates? When will they learn?
Raheem Sterling!!!

Poor example. LFC did not want to sell. Arsenal have a history of wanting to sell..
History of wanting to sell! How did you arrive to that conclusion?

For every Nasri, Adebayor, Fabregas, and Van Persie there is a Sterling, Torres, Suarez, Alonso and Mascherano

The only time liverpool resisted selling one of their top players is when they rejected an offer for Suarez from arsenal but both of us knows that every jack and jill already rejected arsenal's offer/s for their players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Raheem Sterling!!!

For every Nasri, Adebayor, Fabregas, and Van Persie there is a Sterling, Torres, Suarez, Alonso and Mascherano

The only time liverpool resisted selling one of their top players is when they rejected an offer for Suarez from arsenal but both of us knows that every jack and jill already rejected arsenal's offer/s for their players.

Again poor example. Suarez, Masche and Alonso were not sold to direct rivals.

LFC did not want to sell Sterling; Torres was damaged goods. Compare that to l'arse.

Arsenal facilitated a PL title for ManU by selling her RVP. Then followed up the gift giving to City by selling her Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, etc...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Raheem Sterling!!!

LFC did not want to sell Sterling; Torres was damaged goods. Compare that to l'arse.

Arsenal facilitated a PL title for ManU by selling her RVP. Then followed up the gift giving to City by selling her Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, etc...
How this matter take concern you, I do not know.
Meanwhile, the man has not been sold yet and you are wasting energy discussing his sell. If he eventually is not sold to the team you are referring to, we would have wasted energy reading a wasteful argument. Abeg open a Liverpool thread.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Raheem Sterling!!!

Selling to whom was not what was discussed but wanting to sell.....stop shifting goalposts
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bouncino wrote:
txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Raheem Sterling!!!

How this matter take concern you, I do not know.
Meanwhile, the man has not been sold yet and you are wasting energy discussing his sell. If he eventually is not sold to the team you are referring to, we would have wasted energy reading a wasteful argument. Abeg open a Liverpool thread.

Every summer I get that...

Facilitating a title for City concerns me.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Raheem Sterling!!!

They gave them, Sagna? A free agent? :rotf: Jeez what a genius? :rotf: What did Nasri and Clichy do to fuel City's title run? Dude abegi be quiet and go siddon ... smh :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:
txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Raheem Sterling!!!

They gave them, Sagna? A free agent? :rotf: Jeez what a genius? :rotf: What did Nasri and Clichy do to fuel City's title run? Dude abegi be quiet and go siddon ... smh :roll:
Nasri helped them win a title.

And RVP?

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymai ... eturn.html

Great Pics, the lads seem ready to roll :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

BREAKING: @LacazetteAlex completes @Arsenal medical ahead of club-record £52m move from @OL - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

Gaddem I always worry about big money buys by Arsenal that no other team is in the major bidding for :scared: :scared:

I'm talking about You ...: Ozil, Mustafi, Xhacrap and Lacazette :scared: :scared: .... I so hope I'm wrong about dis :scared: but our recent history dey fear me ...:

Alexis has been worth 70 million to us and to think that Liverpool outbid us but he wanted London :scared:

MLK.
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

anikulapo wrote:BREAKING: @LacazetteAlex completes @Arsenal medical ahead of club-record £52m move from @OL - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

Gaddem I always worry about big money buys by Arsenal that no other team is in the major bidding for :scared: :scared:

I'm talking about You ...: Ozil, Mustafi, Xhacrap and Lacazette :scared: :scared: .... I so hope I'm wrong about dis :scared: but our recent history dey fear me ...:

Alexis has been worth 70 million to us and to think that Liverpool outbid us but he wanted London :scared:
Why are you refusing to enjoy your new Ferrari sport car because you might get a speeding ticket lol
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

peron33uk wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources: Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette is at Arsenal’s training ground having his medical. Once the medical is complete, Lacazette is expected to sign a five-year deal.

Arsenal have agreed a deal with Lyon which is worth a club-record £52m.

£52 million!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

zoldsasok wrote:
anikulapo wrote:BREAKING: @LacazetteAlex completes @Arsenal medical ahead of club-record £52m move from @OL - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

Why are you refusing to enjoy your new Ferrari sport car because you might get a speeding ticket lol
..are you enjoying Ozil, Mustafi, Xhacrap
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zoldsasok wrote:

:ohmy: :rotf: :rotf: is it reading or comprehension :woot:

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Arsenal needs to find way to clear some wage space. Too many wastepipes still on the roster. Are our wages so high that it becomes impossible to move people? Stand pat on Ox. We are also still very very very light in the midfield. In the 3-4-3 we play, only Xhaka and Ramsey are really up to par. Those 2 can't play 60+ games without picking up an injury. Elneny, Coquelin might be useful in some smaller games.

It's starting to sound like Alexis may stay. So I am guessing no Lemar or Mahrez
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymai ... eturn.html

Great Pics, the lads seem ready to roll :thumb:
why does Ozil have a pot belly? isn't he muslim. Shouldn't he have been fasting over some of the break
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:Arsenal needs to find way to clear some wage space. Too many wastepipes still on the roster. Are our wages so high that it becomes impossible to move people? Stand pat on Ox. We are also still very very very light in the midfield. In the 3-4-3 we play, only Xhaka and Ramsey are really up to par. Those 2 can't play 60+ games without picking up an injury. Elneny, Coquelin might be useful in some smaller games.

It's starting to sound like Alexis may stay. So I am guessing no Lemar or Mahrez
Definitely Mahrez coming from rumours.

Also heard Arsenal latest offer and options put on the table for Sanchez is too tempting for the player. But the player is very greedy so I won't hold my breath.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

https://twitter.com/OsmanZtheGooner/sta ... 569339392

We moved fast and got the deal wrapped up before others stepped in.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:Arsenal needs to find way to clear some wage space. Too many wastepipes still on the roster. Are our wages so high that it becomes impossible to move people? Stand pat on Ox. We are also still very very very light in the midfield. In the 3-4-3 we play, only Xhaka and Ramsey are really up to par. Those 2 can't play 60+ games without picking up an injury. Elneny, Coquelin might be useful in some smaller games.

Also heard Arsenal latest offer and options put on the table for Sanchez is too tempting for the player. But the player is very greedy so I won't hold my breath.

Orstein tweet seems to suggest future incomings will depend on who's leaving. If we get Mahrez, it has to be that Sanchez is definitely leaving. what are we doign about our paper-thin midfield. Cazorla, Wilshere are done due to injuries. Coq & Elneny are not really good enough. That leaves us with Xhaka, Ramsey only.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:

https://twitter.com/OsmanZtheGooner/sta ... 569339392

We moved fast and got the deal wrapped up before others stepped in.
Don't know what Aniks is on about tbh...Lacazette had agreed to join Atletico Madrid before they were banned from signing players. Given their history with strikers in recent times Forlan, Aguero, Costa, Falcao, Griezmann etc. one can take that as a good second opinion on this player.

Delighted for the club, Lacazette imho is the most proven of what is available in the CF position this summer.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Orstein tweet seems to suggest future incomings will depend on who's leaving. If we get Mahrez, it has to be that Sanchez is definitely leaving. what are we doign about our paper-thin midfield. Cazorla, Wilshere are done due to injuries. Coq & Elneny are not really good enough. That leaves us with Xhaka, Ramsey only.
Ornstein tweet is interesting. But it is not categoric or definite.

But the real possibility of Sanchez staying really make things interesting at Arsenal. If it is true Sanchez stays, then Arsenal have played a very clever one on City.

I now look forward to seeing who leaves. Oxlade had better be careful. His Agent is being very difficult and it could see him leave the club. Arsenal will not budge on his offer.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Ornstein tweet is interesting. But it is not categoric or definite.

But the real possibility of Sanchez staying really make things interesting at Arsenal. If it is true Sanchez stays, then Arsenal have played a very clever one on City.

I now look forward to seeing who leaves. Oxlade had better be careful. His Agent is being very difficult and it could see him leave the club. Arsenal will not budge on his offer.

Best thing to do with Alexis is to give him a big payment and insert a Buy out clause hat both parties can live with. Consequently he will get paid and the club will get a transfer fee if he wants to leave and both parties can have peace .....

If I'm Arsenal, I would do my best to settle with Alexis, be it a transfer or re-sign before doing anything with Ozil

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Lacazette, Sanchez and Ozil all done.

Okay according to rumours. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Where are all those doom and gloom merchants who said nobody will sign for Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: