The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Nkume »

Only one Papa Wenger!!!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Did you get permission from Cally before opening this thread? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Yes oh! :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Waffi actually gave me permission the past 2 seasons. :biggrin: :biggrin:

May this season put smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts, Amen!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Cup Treble anyone?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Amen!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Serge Gnabry is a huge loss for The Arsenal sha.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cally wrote:Serge Gnabry is a huge loss for The Arsenal sha.
The boy did not want to stay. End of story. I wish him luck.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Wow! Arsenal allowed Chris Willock to leave? My goodness! :shock: :shock:

I hope there's a buy-back clause there somewhere. That boy will become a top player.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Really? :lol: :lol: been very average overall in the tourney ... was total pants vs England and after a torrid 25 mins vs HB has since been neutered and now subbed
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

anikulapo wrote:

Really? :lol: :lol: been very average overall in the tourney ... was total pants vs England and after a torrid 25 mins vs HB has since been neutered and now subbed
I guess we see different things. I saw a total team player that offered as much defensively as he did offensively. He's really improved. He played very very well today.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Wow! Arsenal allowed Chris Willock to leave? My goodness! :shock: :shock:

I hope there's a buy-back clause there somewhere. That boy will become a top player.
Fair play to him. He wants to play first team football.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Thanks Waffiman...

Wellcome to 2017/18 everyone, quietly optimistic about this season. With the squad we have right now and the moves being made I foresee a title challenge....especially if we can keep hold of our 2 crown jewels.
To God be the glory
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

And the thread begins.. :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Thursday night football and the FA cup here we come again!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mightyjets
Egg
Egg

Post by mightyjets »

In Arsene we trust (not). The usual August/September enthusiasm will fade by February and we will be fighting for our usual 4th spot.

Buffalo soldier
dreadlock rasta
There was a buffalo soldier,
in the heart of north london
Stolen from africa,
brought to North London,
Fighting on; get in!,
fighting for the gunners.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Good luck goons, for the coming season
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cito wrote:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Does it matter? Just copy and paste the contents of the threads from the last three seasons and you won't know the difference.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Lacazette!!! :woot: :woot:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Currently, Lemar is being very respectful to Monaco and will not force a move. Respect to the guy. But this situation can be resolved with more money from Arsenal I think. I think Monaco will sell the player if he wants to go, they won't force him to stay.

With regards to Sanchez, rumours of Arsenal team including lawyers etc etc, meeting with his people next week. That situation is 50/50. But there are strong rumours of Arsenal not willing sell to any EPL club.