The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Nkume »

Theophilus is sick. Won't feature tonight.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Now that we have top the group,Wenger should jsut play those kids,likes of Jack,Giroud,Walcrap,Elneny,Debouchy,Chambers,COQ should not play the last game at home.They have been poor and the young kids from even under 17 should play none of this old experience guys should see the pitch.Let them fight with first team,they did not play like they want to be a starter but happy with second spot as bench warmer.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:Leon Goretzka anyone?

Falling out of love with Ramshyt and Xhacrap?
Yeah! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The NLD makes you fall out of love. Like it has for the haters here.

They wanted Arsenal to lose, but they won with a great performance and the haters are silent.

Silence, they say, is golden. It certainly is here. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Theophilus is sick. Won't feature tonight.
We have won that group with a mixture of kids and fringe players. I have enjoyed it all, the positives and the negatives.

You can how Arsenal are building their future. I really miss Zekalem and Rene Adelaide.

BTW! Jack is still short on the fitness of the 1st team players. Even fully fit, he will not get a game in that 1st team.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:Leon Goretzka anyone?

Falling out of love with Ramshyt and Xhacrap?
Yeah! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The NLD makes you fall out of love. Like it has for the haters here.

They wanted Arsenal to lose, but they won with a great performance and the haters are silent.

Silence, they say, is golden. It certainly is here. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

????? What are you on about ??? Lol real men don’t run away like you anytime the heat rises so abeg make we hear word
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez want to stay at the club.

Both players are out of contract in the summer and could be sold in January.

Sanchez scored in the Gunners' 2-0 win over north London rivals Tottenham on Saturday, while Ozil was named man of the match.

"I am convinced they love the club and love the team, but all the rest will be decided - when? I don't really know," said Wenger.

"I believe they love the club and want to stay, but there are other top clubs out there who offer good contracts as well."

Sanchez's goal was only his second in the Premier League this season but takes his career total for the club to an impressive 55 goals in 112 appearances.

Ozil, meanwhile, provided the assist for the opening goal. He has now produced 45 assists since making his Arsenal debut in September 2013, more than any other Premier League player.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/24/former-ar ... s-7106218/

Gabby not happy with Arsene
Wenger did not treat him fairly but he also was not that great.
Wenger play certain players more even when they have bad game after bad game,Ramsey come in mind but not all players.

‘I think I played in four or five games en route to the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City and I played brilliantly in that game. I played really well and I received plenty of praise. Then I think we faced Tottenham away and lost, I gave away a penalty in that game and lost my place in the team. I didn’t play again. ‘I played in the last Premier League game because everyone was injured, all the centre-backs were out…I was quite down about how it went because of these reasons and it didn’t sit well with me.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/24/former-ar ... to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/24/former-ar ... s-7106218/

Gabby not happy with Arsene
Gabby had his chances, he just did not fit in or learn quickly enough. He has awesome physical abilities but struggled in the English game. I touched on this time and time again. He had too many mistakes to his game and he struggled to learn and speak the language. He struggled with crosses or almost anything in the air and teams targeted him. He costs us games and could not be trusted. I remember the ManU game after we beat Leicester, he killed us in that game with 2 mistakes. I remember West Ham, another 2 goals directly his mistakes.

But in his last few games, I thought he had finally cracked it, I thought he had learnt and become better but even me could not trust him fully. I guess the Manager's mind was made by then.

He has too much natural physical abilities not to be a top player, it is just that his move to the EPL came too soon for him. He will be better for his Arsenal experience.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Apparently, Ozil is on his way to FC Barcelona ... Would that be a step up?
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez want to stay at the club.
Sanchez scored in the Gunners' 2-0 win over north London rivals Tottenham on Saturday, while Ozil was named man of the match.
"I am convinced they love the club and love the team, but all the rest will be decided - when? I don't really know," said Wenger.
"I believe they love the club and want to stay, but there are other top clubs out there who offer good contracts as well."
Sanchez's goal was only his second in the Premier League this season but takes his career total for the club to an impressive 55 goals in 112 appearances.
Ozil, meanwhile, provided the assist for the opening goal. He has now produced 45 assists since making his Arsenal debut in September 2013, more than any other Premier League player.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Apparently, Ozil is on his way to FC Barcelona ... Would that be a step up?
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez want to stay at the club.
Barcelona do not want to sign Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil, says Guillem Balague:

“Barcelona had the possibility of signing Ozil last summer – he was offered to them – but they decided against it as they thought they didn’t need him. Of course, there was such an expenditure on Ousmane Dembele that they didn’t think Ozil was the proper player they wanted...
“The same situation has happened here, he has been offered to them but my understanding is that he is not the kind of player they are looking for. It’s more media talk than anything else.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/live- ... ue-qa-live
----------------------------------------------------------
Barca payroll - even for free can they pay Ozil what he wants or do they go younger(as i suspect)

http://sillyseason.com/salary/fc-barcel ... ies-69077/
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Apparently, Ozil is on his way to FC Barcelona ... Would that be a step up?
Bepanda

You’re kidding right ???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the only way he goes to Barcelona is if he buys a ticket. They wouldn’t even take him for free :mrgreen:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Bepanda

You’re kidding right ???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the only way he goes to Barcelona is if he buys a ticket. They wouldn’t even take him for free :mrgreen:
Uncle no bid on this oooh,Ozil will be an upgrade to Barca but I know Barca want coutinho before him.Ozil will glad to play in that Barca system, he might be the one to take Inniesta place if he step down.
I just want Arsenal collect some money from him,either resign him or ship him than let him go for free.
Uncle what can we do to keep Alexis Sanchez?Very sad if this guy leave,
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

After we collect 3 easy points today, we will be back in CL position. Looks like playing Thursdays is really good for us.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

One thing I observed and took away from the NLD at close quarters last week was our fitness and the intensity of our play over 90 minutes. We did not let up for a second.

When we pressed we did with a collective intensity, like I saw in the days of Vieira in that small Highbury pitch. When we dropped deep and held position in our half, we closed down the passing lanes, squeezed the lines and markers followed their man with the same collective intensity.

If they stay focused, disciplined and maintain the same intensity of last weekend, they will have a very good chance for the 3 points today.

I really hope they do the same intensity as last week, because Arsenal last looked the fitest unit I have seen from them in a long while, the stats back this up conclusively.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:After we collect 3 easy points today, we will be back in CL position. Looks like playing Thursdays is really good for us.
Arsenal should have no problem to win today, we are fresh,should be first or second in the league standing when you consider we have first team players mostly playing once a week while the other top 6 teams are playing CL,we have to make used like Leicester did and Chelsea last year.
If this team can't compete then Wenger has failed again.
Burnley is same poi t with us and they know a win will put them in CL spot for the time and that is fantastic for them but we are out to fight for the league so beloved should not accept anything less than 3 points..
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Who go open game thread?
I want to watch the game then comment not when the game going on like I would have done the honor.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

No post in THIS thread AFTER the win AWAY against Burnley :shock: :shock: ?
Seems like winning does not generate quite as much discussion as less
palatable outcomes.

Congratulations to Wenger and the boys on a gritty performance. This for me
was just as enjoyable and gratifying as the NLD win last week. Even so, I am
nervous about Huddlesfield.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Whilst we wait for Weds we can wish LCFC & Watford big things on Tuesday.

Watford vs ManU
Hoping Marco Silva can craft a gameplan to show getting big scalps ain't a fluke - common Watford!!!
-----
LCFC vs Sc$m
Coach Claude Puel has the resources at his disposal to get a well deserved 3pts @home I'll suggest Musa & Kelechi at least make the bench -
no team wants to see those 2 introduced with say 20 - 30 mins to go.. Meanwhile hope Ndidi bosses for 90mins.
-------------------------------
As for us & Huddersfied - we both had pretty attritional fixtures - they'd to admirably defend against ManC on some 80% possession sitting
deep - tough but they're defensively drilled.
We've the luck of having players competing weekly in the Europa league(better than the reserves) which means a few of them are match sharp
enough for school - i think we need to make some changes for Weds.

Giroud
Alexis Welbeck
Sead Xhaka Wilshire Hector
Monreal Mustafi Koscielny
Cech

I thought we were riskily passive in the 1st half @Burnley - we gave them so much time on the ball & they pressed at will rattling a few of our
players - Hector & Iwobi especially. That tactic must be Bleachbit delete now. I hope we do less buildup play from the back vs Hudders - we press high early & try to keep their striker far from their midfield while the rest of the team collapses on their goal(sitting real deep). we must cross more with Bigs(Danny & Giroud on) - Xhaka & Jack sit - set tempo while on top Alexis is the main playmaker with permission to roam.
If we do well early enough - i'd expect the WBs to be subbed prepping for ManU
Gotta ask can Kos play all these games so close together - who comes in for him if the gaffer elects to rest him for ManU?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

tolahs wrote:Whilst we wait for Weds we can wish LCFC & Watford big things on Tuesday.

Watford vs ManU
Hoping Marco Silva can craft a gameplan to show getting big scalps ain't a fluke - common Watford!!!
-----
LCFC vs Sc$m
Coach Claude Puel has the resources at his disposal to get a well deserved 3pts @home I'll suggest Musa & Kelechi at least make the bench -
no team wants to see those 2 introduced with say 20 - 30 mins to go.. Meanwhile hope Ndidi bosses for 90mins.
As for us & Huddersfied - we both had pretty attritional fixtures - they'd to admirably defend against ManC on some 80% possession sitting
We've the luck of having players competing weekly in the Europa league(better than the reserves) which means a few of them are match sharp

Giroud
Alexis Welbeck
Cech

I thought we were riskily passive in the 1st half @Burnley - we gave them so much time on the ball & they pressed at will rattling a few of our
players - Hector & Iwobi especially. That tactic must be Bleachbit delete now. I hope we do less buildup play from the back vs Hudders - we press high early & try to keep their striker far from their midfield while the rest of the team collapses on their goal(sitting real deep). we must cross more with Bigs(Danny & Giroud on) - Xhaka & Jack sit - set tempo while on top Alexis is the main playmaker with permission to roam.
Gotta ask can Kos play all these games so close together - who comes in for him if the gaffer elects to rest him for ManU?
Not a bad lineup at all..................
I'll suggest removing Xhaka and playing Elneny in there.
Either Elneny or Mertesacker can play there if Koscielny
has to be rested.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Ebyboy wrote:No post in THIS thread AFTER the win AWAY against Burnley :shock: :shock: ?
palatable outcomes.

Misery loves company

Huddersfield would be worrisome if we were not at home, looks like some squad rotation is needed though, I would have a combination of players from Europa and PL playing in the Huddersfield game.To Ensure the points, hoping we can be second by end of year.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Ebyboy wrote:
tolahs wrote:Whilst we wait for Weds we can wish LCFC & Watford big things on Tuesday.

Watford vs ManU
-----
LCFC vs Sc$m

Giroud
Alexis Welbeck
Cech

Not a bad lineup at all..................
I'll suggest removing Xhaka and playing Elneny in there.
Either Elneny or Mertesacker can play there if Koscielny
has to be rested.

:clap: :agree:
Mo provides needed mobility but the gaffer seems really cold on him. Per's good as the spare of the 3 cos of his lack of pace but Mustafi is great in the same spot cos he can be rash on tackles - we shall wait & see.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ebyboy wrote:No post in THIS thread AFTER the win AWAY against Burnley :shock: :shock: ?
palatable outcomes.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I gave them a bit of my mind in the game thread.